What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Andre Holmes, Bills (2 Viewers)

Holmes, Lafell and a quick trade for d. Hopkins for my Cruz replacements.

That said, I'm leaning toward starting Holmes this week. Just hoping he can maintain a steady stream of targets.

Cruz going down hurts me. Had him in my dyno, traded a 2015 2nd and 3rd for Holmes and Allen Hurns to pick up the slack. I think itll work out.

Carr is still establishing chemistry and he seems to like holmes the last few games. Im hoping he has another good week with this matchup this week

Pots said:
Flip-Flopping between him and Sammy Watkins. :shrug:
I'm in the same club. Part of me wants to leave in Watkins and not chase last week's stats with Holmes, but on paper Holmes does have the better matchup. I really think Buffalo is going to roll Minny though and might put on a bit of a show.

I picked him up and am starting him over KWright this week, but I'm also keeping my expectations in check. Been burned too many times by Streater, Moore, DHB, Jacoby Ford, etc.

Oakland:WRs :: Carolina:RBs
Good analogy.

JamesTheScot said:
jtp1982 said:
Does this reminder anyone of De. Moore's situation only a couple years ago?
How much of Oakland's revolving WR thing has been from the terrible seasons they've had. As a coach you have to make changes when you're constantly losing just so it looks like you're trying.

If Holmes has huge numbers and they keep losing I think he'll end up a flash in the pan like all the rest. If he puts up big numbers and they start winning some games this could be huge.

I'm starting him this week over Garcon, Deandre Hopkins and Keenan Allen.
There's some truth in that.

But they aren't going to pull a guy that IS producing just because they are still losing. Losing can cause a guy who isn't producing for reasons that aren't really his fault to get benched in a token move. But a guy that is producing is probably going to be seen as a bright spot to build on rather than a scapegoat.

What worries me about Holmes is that his yardage has looked nice, but it's on relatively low catch numbers. All it takes is for a few more timely tackles or a bit more respect from a DB and all of a sudden his stat line looks like 3-40-0, which is pretty pedestrian in fantasy and could make him vulnerable to a kneejerk move by the coaches.

I own him in dynasty and still think of him as an end of the bench flier.
Good point. I think alot of these guys' careers have suffered because of the scheme changes every other year, coaching changes, and the organization's inability to develop players through all of it. Put Denarius Moore as a rookie in a stable organization with a half-decent offense, say the Ravens, and he'd be starting in fantasy right now.

I guess I was just really impressed by their game against the Charger's last week. San Diego didn't play poorly, they dominated time of poss. as usual, but Carr just executed. Maybe it will be a one-off in hindsight but if it's the start of some real momentum and consistency Holmes could be a high-end WR2 at drafts next year.

If the Raiders start winning Holmes could be special, if they don't it could at least be a good ride until Streater returns.

Pots said:
Started over Sammy Watkins. Sometimes I question my decisions...
Almost did the same but wanted to see another week out of Holmes and how the Watkins Orton combo looked minus revis. Sometimes the best move is no move at all.

I drank the kook aid this week, had kelvin on the bench worried about the concussion a bit...

Now I have to see if I dump him

What world do you guys live in where a young player just starting to emerge on a bad team with a rookie qb and is no more that a sexy flex play or solid wr3 for fantasy puts upsilon numbers every week?

Holmes did exactly what high risk/high reward flex players and wr3s do: he laid an egg. It doesn't mean he is drop worthy. It all depends o your team and who your other wrs are of course.

What world do you guys live in where a young player just starting to emerge on a bad team with a rookie qb and is no more that a sexy flex play or solid wr3 for fantasy puts upsilon numbers every week?

Holmes did exactly what high risk/high reward flex players and wr3s do: he laid an egg. It doesn't mean he is drop worthy. It all depends o your team and who your other wrs are of course.
:lmao: heres rickyg to come out of the woodwork to tell everyone I told you so even though he didnt.

:lmao: heres rickyg to come out of the woodwork to tell everyone I told you so even though he didnt.
Dude...I'm not telling anyone "I told you so"

I'm preaching patience on a young player on a bad team with a rookie qb. You have to adjust your expectations. I had him in my lineup today and he sucked for me. But am I cutting him? No. That's just stupid. By nature BC of his situation he is going to have erratic production

For context: except for Mcfadden and his TD, stat lines for the whole offense sucked. Jones had lowest yardage total of the year and he's been very consistent.

I'll start to worry if Holmes has less than 7 targets next week.

For context: except for Mcfadden and his TD, stat lines for the whole offense sucked. Jones had lowest yardage total of the year and he's been very consistent.

I'll start to worry if Holmes has less than 7 targets next week.
you realize this is the raiders,right? Pretty sure their offense is gonna suck all year. A bad showing vs the 32nd ranked pass def at home proves last week was the fluke, not this week.

Rotoworld:

Andre Holmes secured 3-of-5 targets for 34 yards in the Raiders' Week 7 loss to the Cardinals.

Holmes had an ugly early-game drop on a pass that would've gone for about 15 yards in Patrick Peterson's coverage. He did draw a 13-yard pass interference flag on Peterson in the third quarter. Holmes' first reception went for 18 yards down the left sideline just in front of Cardinals RCB Antonio Cromartie. He caught his second ball on a wide receiver screen, gaining three. There will be better days ahead for Holmes, but the Raiders are quarterbacked by a rookie and will have pass-game ups and downs. Holmes will be a WR3 in Week 8 against the Browns.

Oct 19 - 8:10 PM

Users who are viewing this thread