What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Andre Holmes, Bills (3 Viewers)

huh? carr aint getting benched. he just threw 4 tds and kept his team in the game all day. what a weird time to say something like that.

He's gonna be great.
Gotta love today's performance. What do weexpect to see here on out?
More big numbers. Potential WW pickup of the

year.
Man I hope I can snag him. Had my eye on him and hope it's not too late.

You all envision Carr remaining the starter assuming he's healthy?
Carr is much more likely to remain the starter than Holmes is likely to remain relevant.

Rotoworld:

Raiders WR Andre Holmes caught 4-of-8 targets for 121 yards and two touchdowns in Sunday's Week 6 loss to San Diego.

Holmes made highlight reels by securing a first-drive pass from Derek Carr for a 77-yard score. After dropping a short pass, Holmes peeled off a 30-yard gain in the second quarter to set up James Jones' TD catch. Holmes converted his second score from six yards out in the fourth quarter. It speaks volumes about Oakland's ineptitude that they refused to play Holmes until injuries and benchings forced them to. He's easily the best receiver on the team. Holmes will continue to be an intriguing WR3 play in Week 7 against the Cardinals.

Oct 12 - 7:57 PM

Rotoworld:

Raiders WR Andre Holmes caught 4-of-8 targets for 121 yards and two touchdowns in Sunday's Week 6 loss to San Diego.

Holmes made highlight reels by securing a first-drive pass from Derek Carr for a 77-yard score. After dropping a short pass, Holmes peeled off a 30-yard gain in the second quarter to set up James Jones' TD catch. Holmes converted his second score from six yards out in the fourth quarter. It speaks volumes about Oakland's ineptitude that they refused to play Holmes until injuries and benchings forced them to. He's easily the best receiver on the team. Holmes will continue to be an intriguing WR3 play in Week 7 against the Cardinals.

Oct 12 - 7:57 PM
2nd best WR on the team. They also refused to play Brice Butler. I think Sparano had him in there more in this one game than the previous games combined. Butler has way more upside than any WR on the team.

The team doesn't need WR help. They brought in bums like Vincent Brown. What this team needs is a total overhaul of the front office because they are ####### stupid.

Rotoworld:

Andre Holmes - WR - Raiders

Andre Holmes led all Raiders receivers in snaps played in Week 6, handling 48 downs.

James Jones was second on the team with 47 snaps, while Brice Butler (23) and Denarius Moore (22) essentially shared third receiver duties. If Holmes isn't Oakland's No. 1 receiver by now, he definitely is Derek Carr's go-to vertical passing game option. He leads Oakland in targets (20) over the last two games.

Source: Steve Corkran on Twitter

Oct 13 - 3:57 PM

Been holding this guy since my draft hoping they would start him. Glad he is getting the chance. I think he could be the waiver wire pickup of the year. On a tem that will be down games and forced to throw and a QB who is force feeding him. 20 targets in the last 2 games. I told everyone pre draft he is this eyars J Gordon and no I don't mean a guy who gets caught with drugs, mean a guy that comes out of no where to be a top 15 WR in fantasy. Wish I had started him this week and not making that mistake again, With losing Megatron for a few weeks and Paterson stinking I am desperate for a good WR and hope he is it.

I can't help but feel he's gonna go like 3-27 the next two weeks...
It was funny I was listening to game in the car driving back down from Bay Area and had the local Oakland color guys. Holy crap you'd think Holmes was the reincarnation of '86 Jerry Rice in '99 Randy Moss's body. Local radio guys can be a lot of fun. Something to be said for eager, unabashed homerism.

If you paid attention at all last year, this kid excels every time he gets a chance. Stud.

got him in 2 of 2 leagues where waivers have run and bidding decently for him in my last league tonight. Seems to have all the arrows pointing the right direction...QB who likes him, little competition, talent, opportunity and likely favorable game scripts most weeks where they will have to throw the ball all 2nd half. No brainer. Kind of reminds of me of Keenan Allen from last year. I snagged him in all my leagues around the same time last year and he helped me big time down the stretch.

Is this a guy who just all of the sudden "puts it together" and has a career? I mean, the Vikings, Cowboys, and Patriots didn't see enough to keep him. Maybe he's another Brandon Lloyd type who just had to keep working at it until something clicked.

I ended up getting him in all 3 of my leagues, including my dynasty where I had the 8th waiver pick. It doesn't seem people are taking him very seriously. Some of that has to be related to the shiny new Raiders WR prospect syndrome. It's been a revolving door of disappointing flash-in-the-pan guys. Idk. Maybe this time is different. I certainly feel the QB situation is different.

I like Holmes long term prospects. He played well when he got an opportunity last year and he has done the same this year. I wouldn't want to rely on him every week seeing how Oakland isn't very good but he is a nice guy to have on the bench.

Carr is turning into a decent QB. That is something the Raiders have not had for awhile. Holmes is getting his chance. He will be solid for the rest of the season.

Is this a guy who just all of the sudden "puts it together" and has a career? I mean, the Vikings, Cowboys, and Patriots didn't see enough to keep him. Maybe he's another Brandon Lloyd type who just had to keep working at it until something clicked.
It's not uncommon historically for stud WRs to have the light come on in their 3rd year. We saw flashes of it already at the end of last season. He's the real deal.

Carr is turning into a decent QB. That is something the Raiders have not had for awhile. Holmes is getting his chance. He will be solid for the rest of the season.
Factor in that Sparano has nothing to lose by having Carr chuck it all over the field and the Raiders WRs could be viable.

Much like Watkins last week, he has a bad match up vs Arizona, no?
Arizona is 32nd against the pass.
Isn't Peterson on the #1 guy though?
Who the hell is Patrick Peterson? He's the number 88 rated cover corner in the NFL according to PFF. Tied for 3rd worst in TD's scored against.
Sorry people. Haven't followed his apparent drop in play this year. Carry on. Nothing to see here.

Factor in that Sparano has nothing to lose by having Carr chuck it all over the field and the Raiders WRs could be viable.
This is why I'm all in for Raiders and Jaguars WRs at this point. They seem to be letting their new QBs gunslinger it around and learn by doing/making mistakes. I would want to rely on starting those QBs, but their receivers, sure. Gimme those targets.

How are people viewing Holmes in terms of value in re- draft ? I picked him up this week only to see someone else drop Quick onto the WW.

I'm leaning towards Holmes, over swapping him out for Quick but I'm guessing their value is almost identical at this point.

I picked him up and am starting him over KWright this week, but I'm also keeping my expectations in check. Been burned too many times by Streater, Moore, DHB, Jacoby Ford, etc.

Oakland:WRs :: Carolina:RBs

Does this reminder anyone of De. Moore's situation only a couple years ago?
How much of Oakland's revolving WR thing has been from the terrible seasons they've had. As a coach you have to make changes when you're constantly losing just so it looks like you're trying.

If Holmes has huge numbers and they keep losing I think he'll end up a flash in the pan like all the rest. If he puts up big numbers and they start winning some games this could be huge.

I'm starting him this week over Garcon, Deandre Hopkins and Keenan Allen.

Does this reminder anyone of De. Moore's situation only a couple years ago?
How much of Oakland's revolving WR thing has been from the terrible seasons they've had. As a coach you have to make changes when you're constantly losing just so it looks like you're trying.

If Holmes has huge numbers and they keep losing I think he'll end up a flash in the pan like all the rest. If he puts up big numbers and they start winning some games this could be huge.

I'm starting him this week over Garcon, Deandre Hopkins and Keenan Allen.
There's some truth in that.

But they aren't going to pull a guy that IS producing just because they are still losing. Losing can cause a guy who isn't producing for reasons that aren't really his fault to get benched in a token move. But a guy that is producing is probably going to be seen as a bright spot to build on rather than a scapegoat.

What worries me about Holmes is that his yardage has looked nice, but it's on relatively low catch numbers. All it takes is for a few more timely tackles or a bit more respect from a DB and all of a sudden his stat line looks like 3-40-0, which is pretty pedestrian in fantasy and could make him vulnerable to a kneejerk move by the coaches.

I own him in dynasty and still think of him as an end of the bench flier.

Users who are viewing this thread