What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Amon-Ra St. Brown, DET (3 Viewers)

Is anybody rolling the 🎲 on St. Brown this week…I’m considering starting him over Pittman in the flex. 

Rolling him over Julio Jones, paired with AJ Green, in a win-and-in game. Drafted Ridley, AB, and AJ Brown, so been churning WR's.

With Goff locked in on him in the last two weeks, in a game were the Lions might have to throw it 50 times, and with Hock and Swift on the shelf...it's a risk worth taking imho.

I keep seesawing back and forth between St Brown, Davonte Smith, Courtland Sutton and Allen Lazard.  Have St Brown and Lazard on the bench right now.  (Waddle and Landry on the bench but with COVID designation.)

Will likely keep the ones who score the most on my bench.

I keep seesawing back and forth between St Brown, Davonte Smith, Courtland Sutton and Allen Lazard.  Have St Brown and Lazard on the bench right now.  (Waddle and Landry on the bench but with COVID designation.)

Not a WDIS or Sutton thread but it's the holiday season and maybe I can't help spread cheer but can at least help reduce despair.

Don't start Sutton. He's WR117 since week 8 in PPR PPG, in a typical 12 team league that makes him a rock solid WR10. He should be on your waiver wire, not in your lineup.

Also if you really like Landry if you went with Davonte he'd buy you time to see if Landry gets cleared in time to play Monday.

Smith or St Brown are the only 2 I'd even consider. Until the Broncos get a QB upgrade Sutton stays on my bench. 

Not a WDIS or Sutton thread but it's the holiday season and maybe I can't help spread cheer but can at least help reduce despair.

Don't start Sutton. He's WR117 since week 8 in PPR PPG, in a typical 12 team league that makes him a rock solid WR10. He should be on your waiver wire, not in your lineup.

Also if you really like Landry if you went with Davonte he'd buy you time to see if Landry gets cleared in time to play Monday.
Dropped Sutton in a highly active league & nobody bothered. Still there; Bateman, Hardmsn, Lazard & DPJ picked up this week over him.

35 targets 26 catches last 3 weeks 
Yep, 1 or 2 good games can happen for anyone but at this point we have a trend. I don't think he is ever going to be superstar but he does have potential to land on a Robert Woods, Cooper Kupp (pre 2021), Hunter Renfrow, Jamison Crowder spectrum. He seems comfortable now and is delivering on his predraft hype. 

Yep, 1 or 2 good games can happen for anyone but at this point we have a trend. I don't think he is ever going to be superstar but he does have potential to land on a Robert Woods, Cooper Kupp (pre 2021), Hunter Renfrow, Jamison Crowder spectrum. He seems comfortable now and is delivering on his predraft hype. 
I agree. I think he’s shown enough ability to run good routes and catch passes, and just as importantly, his willingness to block that he’s going to have a long career as a WR 2 in the league and make a fine ppr fantasy WR. Maybe a poor man’s Hines Ward. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree. I think he’s shown enough ability to run good routes and catch passes, and just as importantly, his willingness to block that he’s going to have a long career as a WR 2 in the league and make a fine ppr fantasy WR. Maybe a poor man’s Hines Ward. 
I agree. He was a steal for Detroit. Just a solid professional WR with a high floor. 

I agree. He was a steal for Detroit. Just a solid professional WR with a high floor. 
I think he's a low ceiling guy in future years, but agree with your high floor comment for now.  He's not very athletic, but with Swift and other players out, he's playable right now.  That may not be the case in the future.

Mike Clay updated his projections on 5/4. I imagine doing Lions WR projections for 2021 is just gross, it's the worst room in the league by a good margin.

Anyway:

• Tyrell Williams 85 targets 55-784-4 157.4 WR60
  • Breshad Perriman 91 targets 51-752-4 150.2 WR63
  • Amon-Ra St. Brown 72 targets 47-566-3 121.6 WR73
  • Quintez Cephus 48 targets 29-401-2 81.1 WR93
  • Geronimo Allison 18 targets 12-132-1 31.2 WR136
  • Kalif Raymond 6 targets 4-53-0 9.3 WR157
Couple tree things. 

I don't think Raymond makes the team, I think the Lions really like UDFA Javon McKinley ($100K bonus), and I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up being their WR4. Moot point, I think ARSB ends up being the only fantasy relevant WR this year.

I do think they'll try to get the ball in the hands of Hock and Swift as much as they can. At least I hope they plan on that, as they're the best playmakers on the team.

I think Amon-Ra is the best route runner in the group. I could see him being the guy Goff looks for often. He doesn't get much separation but he's a pitbull who will win a lot of contested catches. Had a lot more success in 2019 from the slot than last year when he played outside, and I think that will be his role with the Lions. I can see him being a guy who catches a lot of slants and curls. I don't think he has much twitch so I don't expect him to offer much YAC.

I could see 110 targets, 80-825-4. Borderline WR3/Flex type play.
87 targets 65-601-2

On pace for:

105.6 targets

78.9-729.8-2.4

WR41

5th amongst rookie receivers 4th amongst rookie WRs

(Chase, Pitts, Waddle, Smith)

40% of ARSB’s 2021 targets have come in the last 3 games.

https://twitter.com/fyfjohnluke/status/1472980021522440192?s=21

@CoopAFiasco

He went from playing pretty much only slot (and running like 60-70% of routes) to playing slot in 3-wide then moving to flanker in 2-wide (running like 90% of the routes).

Love that in redraft. In dynasty I'm probably looking to sell before they bring WRs in during the rebuild.

:pickle:

JARED GOFFQB, DETROIT LIONS

Lions placed Jared Goff on the reserve/COVID list
:sadbanana:

Edited 12 minutes ago by djjosee
He’s vaxed, hopefully will be able to test out in a day or two.

They’re still testing & getting people off the list as soon as 24 hours now,, right?
he’s definitely symptomatic & positive for Covid. says he’s doing well and fortunately it’s not much worse than a mild cold for him.

IDK if he’s going to be a go Sunday.

Under the new guidelines, vaccinated players can clear protocols as soon as the day after they test positive for the virus so long as they are asymptomatic and their viral load is above a certain benchmark.

Previously, players were required to quarantine for a minimum of 10 days, though vaccinated players could return sooner if they produced two negative COVID tests at least 24 hours apart.

Goff, who is vaccinated, said he is not sure what his viral load is but will follow a course of "rest, sleep, hydration (and) medicine" in hopes of returning to the field this week.

"I don’t even know exactly what it means, but I know the number is 35 that they’re looking for," he said. "If you’re 35 or above you are good to go. I’m not quite sure what my number is yet, but that is the number they’re looking at. There’s a million ways you can try to get your number there by certain medications or certain vitamins and stuff like that,  that can expedite the process to get yourself there to test negative."

Pleasantly surprised today with the QB play. Just wondering how effective he will be once Detroit drafts another WR and possible coaching regime change.  He has talent, no doubt.. but is he just the biggest fish in a small fish tank?  idk.  Hoping he can continue to develop.  Reminds me a bit of Hunter Renfroe - ie. good.

Pleasantly surprised today with the QB play. Just wondering how effective he will be once Detroit drafts another WR and possible coaching regime change.  He has talent, no doubt.. but is he just the biggest fish in a small fish tank?  idk.  Hoping he can continue to develop.  Reminds me a bit of Hunter Renfroe - ie. good.

He’s got talent, makes plays, works hard and earned the confidence of his qb and is making the team competitive.  I’m in a rookie keeper league and snagged him, Toney and Elijah Moore.  Have no idea which guy I’ll keep but he’s been awful good.

He is probably topped out in a golden tate Renfrow arc which is a solid slot number two receiver imo

Won me my league. Would have won me two leagues if I'd have trusted him last week as well
Yeah he has been a superstar for my PPR team that needed a WR to step up once I lost Hopkins for the year. Here I am looking like I am taking down the title and ARSB was my highest scoring player of the title game and maybe of my whole playoff run. 

Love this whole scenario..................WR 4 the last few 5-6 weeks and here is an example of where the player wants to be "fantasy relevant" as well.

Won me 1 league, and the second likely won't happen but its all good.   :)

TZM

He's so good and going to be so involved in that offense moving forward.  I like what the lions are doing.  All they need now is a QB (Sorry to those who got mad at me preseason for saying Goff wasn't the long term answer)

I needed 3 yards and a catch to win after being down the entire day.  He got the catch for 4 yards and I won the championship by a yard thanks to his outstanding game.  

He was amazing down the stretch.  I know the stars aligned for him and his target share will surely diminish and game scripts may not be as lopsided but he is very talented and was great to watch.

Sell high?
depending what you would get it might not be a bad idea.  He benefited by no Hockenson, injuries to RBs, no wr's with any talent and game scripts every week where they were down and throwing from the 2nd qtr on...I anticipate all of those things are likely to change to some respect and most would impact him negatively.  I have him in a keeper league but just being realistic about his future prospects.

Users who are viewing this thread