What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

wannabee Strategy Thread (4 Viewers)

Hey Jeff,

I have a trade offer in a PPR league.

AJ Green and Gates

For

Wayne and Gronk.

My team:

QB: Cam, Rivers

RB: Forte, Foster, CJ Anderson, Crowell

WR: Roddy White, Wayne, Patterson, Gordon

TE: Gronk, Allen

His team:

QB: Wilson, Caepernick

RB: Lacy, Lynch, Joique Bell, Pierre Thomas

WR: AJ Green, Maclin, Jackson, Sanders

TE: Gates, Ertz

Am I dumb for not pulling the trigger? I like Gronks high floor and feel like the Pats have got it together.

What you do?

Thanks

-Eric
do not do it! green is out for a while
Hah! Thanks Jeff luckily I saw the news on twitter before doing anything.

I also got a trade offer of Dez and Lamar Miller for Foster and Josh Gordon.

Same team as before. I could use the WR help but I do like having Foster as my RB2 and I'm in good shape this season so I can wait until Gordon is activated.

What would you do?

Thanks

Jeff,

I have lamar miller and ahmad bradshaw and need to start one in standard scoring, no PPR league. Can't afford to wait to see what the story is on knowshon moreno because bradshaw plays tonight. Should I go with bradshaw or take a chance that miller will be productive either way? Thanks for help!

Hi. 12 team 1PPR redraft.

3 WR/RB flex spots. Who do I start (3 needed)?

ROSTER:

RB--Jeremy Hill, J McKinnon, R. Hillman, CJ Spiller, CJ Anderson

WR--Justin Hunter, M. Sanu, Cordarelle Patterson

Thanks!

10 team .5 ppr

RB: Forte, Leveon, Joique, Tate, Crowell

WR: Calvin, Crabtree, Decker, Quick

Should I drop Crowell to pickup Beckham or Sanu?

Hi. 12 team 1PPR redraft.

3 WR/RB flex spots. Who do I start (3 needed)?

ROSTER:

RB--Jeremy Hill, J McKinnon, R. Hillman, CJ Spiller, CJ Anderson

WR--Justin Hunter, M. Sanu, Cordarelle Patterson

Thanks!
definitely hillman and sanu. would go with hunter barely over patterson for 3rd

Jeff,

I have lamar miller and ahmad bradshaw and need to start one in standard scoring, no PPR league. Can't afford to wait to see what the story is on knowshon moreno because bradshaw plays tonight. Should I go with bradshaw or take a chance that miller will be productive either way? Thanks for help!
sorry I did not get to this in time ...

Hey Jeff,

I have a trade offer in a PPR league.

AJ Green and Gates

For

Wayne and Gronk.

My team:

RB: Forte, Foster, CJ Anderson, Crowell

WR: Roddy White, Wayne, Patterson, Gordon

His team:

QB: Wilson, Caepernick

RB: Lacy, Lynch, Joique Bell, Pierre Thomas

WR: AJ Green, Maclin, Jackson, Sanders

TE: Gates, Ertz

Am I dumb for not pulling the trigger? I like Gronks high floor and feel like the Pats have got it together.

What you do?

Thanks

-Eric
do not do it! green is out for a while
Hah! Thanks Jeff luckily I saw the news on twitter before doing anything.

I also got a trade offer of Dez and Lamar Miller for Foster and Josh Gordon.

Same team as before. I could use the WR help but I do like having Foster as my RB2 and I'm in good shape this season so I can wait until Gordon is activated.

What would you do?

Thanks
no way. keep gordon. he will plan week 12. just need to be in contention by then ...

Jeff,

sorry I did not get to this in time ...
No Prob. Went with Miller. Bradshaw had a good game but I'm hoping for better on Sunday. Enjoy the games!

i have RB J CHARLES,A ELLINGTON ,D BROWN Charles on bye week Brown is out

available

Z STACY,F JACKSON,J FORSETT,B OLIVER,B SANKEY,R HILLMAN

what should i do??

Hi Jeff,

I'm back with a follow up question. My team is below. Last time I posted I was trying to land Eli Manning. Well I got him for $18.

My question is do I trade Brady $18, Christine Michael $2, and Patterson $2 for Aaron Rodgers $22?

Rodgers, Michael and Patterson must be signed to contracts before next season where they increase in value by $5 per year signed (so Patterson at 3 years would be $17 each year, Rodgers would be $37 each year for 3 years)

I won last week thanks in part to your advice to go hard for Manning in free agency. Thank you!!

We start 1 QB, 2 RBs, 3 WRs, 1 TE and 1 FLEX (RB/WR/TE). 6 pts for QB TDs and 0.5 PPR.

My roster is (salary cap is $135 this year moving to $200 next season):

QB: Eli Manning $18 B, Brady $18 B, Manziel $2 A, Garropolo $2 A
RB: Foster $58 A, Sankey $2 A, Steven Jackson $4 A, McFadden $8 A, Crowell $2 A
WR: DT $5 B, AJ Green $2 B, Sammy Watkins $2 A, Patterson $2 A, Davante Adams $1 A
TE: J Cameron $2 B

A = can keep one more year at same value
B = must sign to a contract where player's value increases by $5 every year signed (so a $5 DT signed to a 4 year deal is $25 each year of the contract)

I also now have 5 first round picks in our 2015 rookie draft so in good position with cheap young guys long term. So maybe can afford to lose Michael and Patterson?

So at the heart of this lies how valuable is QB in a 6 point TD league? And based on that is this a good deal... Maybe for both of us as the team with Rodgers is 1-4? Is the difference between Brady and Rodgers worth Michael and Patterson when also factoring in contracts and salary? I dunno maybe I'm giving up too much? And I'm a Pats fan. Feels like too much too me when factoring need (QB is less valuable than other positions), salary and players. But tell me if I'm not thinking about this right or missing something?

Update: I'm going to win this week and am 1 game back in the division and wildcard. I'm leaning towards doing it. But I I'm giving up a lot of potential and maybe selling low on Michael and Patterson? Would solidify my QB for the next 3-4 years for $37-42 per year which is still reasonable.

Update 2: I wound up doing the deal. Brady, Patterson, Michael and Manziel for Rodgers. So did I give up too much?

Thanks Jeff!

Last edited by a moderator:
Jeff,

My WRs haven't quite panned out like I hoped they would and they have me concerned over the long haul. I'm feeling the itch to make some changes. It's a short bench 1 point per reception league (can only roster 4 WRs) so there is some talent out there in the free agent pool.

Scoring:

1 PPR

1 point per 10 receiving/rushing yards

6 pts per TD

1 point per 30 return yards

My team is as follows:

RB: Forte, Foster, Hillman, Crowell

WR: White, Wayne, Patterson, Josh Gordon

I don't know how much longer I can stand to hang on to Patterson, and White is getting pounded out there and only bringing in 2-3 catches per game. Wayne has been an ok WR2 at this point. It's hard to cut bait on any of these guys with their history of playing well in the playoff stretch. I'm also in first place by record and have the highest point total. Although most of my team has a week 10 Bye I will take a loss there for sure. And come week 12 hopefully Gordon picks up where left off and it won't matter who my WR2 is. But in case that doesn't work out, I'd like to be sure I'm rostering the best WRs that I can without having to unload Foster or Gronk.

Here is what is available in the free agent pool:

Andre Holmes

Royal

Hurns

Boldin

Andre Roberts (Washington)

Hawkins

Malcolm Floyd

Jordan Mathews

Jennings

Decker

Robinson

Would you drop one or more of my WRs for anything on this list if it was your team?

Thanks as always,

-Eric

ppr 6 pt td

which rb do you like from the 3 below.

Fred Jackson

Ingram

Vereen

I have a potential rb deal that I may be able to pull off but will most liekly have to give up 2 of the 3 rbs. Most likely Fred and one of the other 2 (we start 2. my other rb is Forte)

Thanks

Hi Jeff,

I'm back with a follow up question. My team is below. Last time I posted I was trying to land Eli Manning. Well I got him for $18.

My question is do I trade Brady $18, Christine Michael $2, and Patterson $2 for Aaron Rodgers $22?

Rodgers, Michael and Patterson must be signed to contracts before next season where they increase in value by $5 per year signed (so Patterson at 3 years would be $17 each year, Rodgers would be $37 each year for 3 years)

I won last week thanks in part to your advice to go hard for Manning in free agency. Thank you!!

We start 1 QB, 2 RBs, 3 WRs, 1 TE and 1 FLEX (RB/WR/TE). 6 pts for QB TDs and 0.5 PPR.

WR: DT $5 B, AJ Green $2 B, Sammy Watkins $2 A, Patterson $2 A, Davante Adams $1 A

B = must sign to a contract where player's value increases by $5 every year signed (so a $5 DT signed to a 4 year deal is $25 each year of the contract)

I also now have 5 first round picks in our 2015 rookie draft so in good position with cheap young guys long term. So maybe can afford to lose Michael and Patterson?

So at the heart of this lies how valuable is QB in a 6 point TD league? And based on that is this a good deal... Maybe for both of us as the team with Rodgers is 1-4? Is the difference between Brady and Rodgers worth Michael and Patterson when also factoring in contracts and salary? I dunno maybe I'm giving up too much? And I'm a Pats fan. Feels like too much too me when factoring need (QB is less valuable than other positions), salary and players. But tell me if I'm not thinking about this right or missing something?

Update: I'm going to win this week and am 1 game back in the division and wildcard. I'm leaning towards doing it. But I I'm giving up a lot of potential and maybe selling low on Michael and Patterson? Would solidify my QB for the next 3-4 years for $37-42 per year which is still reasonable.

Update 2: I wound up doing the deal. Brady, Patterson, Michael and Manziel for Rodgers. So did I give up too much?

Thanks Jeff!
no, you did ok. Sorry I did not get to this sooner

ppr 6 pt td

which rb do you like from the 3 below.

Fred Jackson

Ingram

Vereen

I have a potential rb deal that I may be able to pull off but will most liekly have to give up 2 of the 3 rbs. Most likely Fred and one of the other 2 (we start 2. my other rb is Forte)

Thanks
Give Vereen. Ingram looked fantastic before hurting hand

Jeff,

My WRs haven't quite panned out like I hoped they would and they have me concerned over the long haul. I'm feeling the itch to make some changes. It's a short bench 1 point per reception league (can only roster 4 WRs) so there is some talent out there in the free agent pool.

Scoring:

1 PPR

1 point per 10 receiving/rushing yards

6 pts per TD

1 point per 30 return yards

My team is as follows:

RB: Forte, Foster, Hillman, Crowell

WR: White, Wayne, Patterson, Josh Gordon

I don't know how much longer I can stand to hang on to Patterson, and White is getting pounded out there and only bringing in 2-3 catches per game. Wayne has been an ok WR2 at this point. It's hard to cut bait on any of these guys with their history of playing well in the playoff stretch. I'm also in first place by record and have the highest point total. Although most of my team has a week 10 Bye I will take a loss there for sure. And come week 12 hopefully Gordon picks up where left off and it won't matter who my WR2 is. But in case that doesn't work out, I'd like to be sure I'm rostering the best WRs that I can without having to unload Foster or Gronk.

Here is what is available in the free agent pool:

Andre Holmes

Royal

Hurns

Boldin

Andre Roberts (Washington)

Hawkins

Malcolm Floyd

Jordan Mathews

Jennings

Decker

Robinson

Would you drop one or more of my WRs for anything on this list if it was your team?

Thanks as always,

-Eric
If Sanu, Beckham, Randle are gone drop both White/Patterson for Holmes and Decker.

Hi Jeff,

Thanks Jeff!
no, you did ok. Sorry I did not get to this sooner
No worries on the delay. I think I had to go for it this year and getting Rodgers should go a long way. Thanks!

0.5 ppr

Pick 1 for QB-

Newton, Cousins

Pick 1 for flex -

Crowell, McKinnon, Mcfadden

1.0 ppr

Pick 4 for (3 WR and a flex) -

A. Homes, Hilton, Watkins, Hopkins, McKinnon, Khiry Robinson

Hi Jeff. Thanks for all the help.

12 team redraft 1 PPR pass TD 4pts all other TDs 6pts

I have Derek Carr QB OAK and Eli Manning QB NYG

Opponent is starting Andre Holmes WR OAK

Do I start Carr against Holmes or hope they both tank while starting Manning against DAL? Thanks!

Hi Jeff,

Received a trade offer for Jordan Cameron involving picks (team setup and scoring are in my sig).

I trade Jordan Cameron and my last round pick (17th rd) for my choice of Jace Amaro or Heath Miller and his 6th round pick. I already have Kelce and D. Walker. Would you make this trade?

Hi Jeff. Thanks for all the help.

12 team redraft 1 PPR pass TD 4pts all other TDs 6pts

I have Derek Carr QB OAK and Eli Manning QB NYG

Opponent is starting Andre Holmes WR OAK

Do I start Carr against Holmes or hope they both tank while starting Manning against DAL? Thanks!
I would start the one most likely to score most fantasy points .... and that should be Carr

Hey Jeff,

You helped me out a couple weeks back on a trade in this same league and I was wondering if I could get your thoughts again.

14 team auction keeper 0.5ppr standard scoring elsewhere. $200 yearly cap, keep 0-4 players.

Im still winless so I am looking to acquire the best keepers I can and have been offered Keenan Allen for Doug Martin and Percy Harvin. The values for a few years of each player are Doug Martin (44 - pretty much unkeepable), Percy (22, 32, 42, etc) and Keenan (11, 21, 31, etc).

Obviously Keenan hasn't performed as expected this year, which is somewhat unsettling considering the year Rivers is having and the fact that hes connecting more with guys like Royal and Floyd. Then I wonder if I should hold Percy and Doug and hope for some improved games and increased value. That said, I obviously don't want Keenan to string together a great game or two and not be an option anymore, then not really be able to move Harvin and more importantly Martin.

CentralPA said:
Hi Jeff,

Received a trade offer for Jordan Cameron involving picks (team setup and scoring are in my sig).

I trade Jordan Cameron and my last round pick (17th rd) for my choice of Jace Amaro or Heath Miller and his 6th round pick. I already have Kelce and D. Walker. Would you make this trade?
yes, I do not think losing Cameron hurts you much

Hey Jeff,

You helped me out a couple weeks back on a trade in this same league and I was wondering if I could get your thoughts again.

14 team auction keeper 0.5ppr standard scoring elsewhere. $200 yearly cap, keep 0-4 players.

Im still winless so I am looking to acquire the best keepers I can and have been offered Keenan Allen for Doug Martin and Percy Harvin. The values for a few years of each player are Doug Martin (44 - pretty much unkeepable), Percy (22, 32, 42, etc) and Keenan (11, 21, 31, etc).

Obviously Keenan hasn't performed as expected this year, which is somewhat unsettling considering the year Rivers is having and the fact that hes connecting more with guys like Royal and Floyd. Then I wonder if I should hold Percy and Doug and hope for some improved games and increased value. That said, I obviously don't want Keenan to string together a great game or two and not be an option anymore, then not really be able to move Harvin and more importantly Martin.
Hey,

I think you should not worry about:

• Doug Martin
  • the values since the difference is small enough that it matters more who you prefer to own
This is a question you - and likely only you - can answer since Harvin is so polarizing due to injuries, etc. I will add that most of the FBG staffers have the two WRs close, but Harvin ranked a little higher.

Hope this helps.

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

My team is in my signature. I'm desperate to win now, with a bad record despite third overall scoring rank. Seems like my weakest starting position is WR, so I'm thinking of targeting a top WR in a trade. I'm wondering if you think these trades help me, and if you think they are reasonable offers for both sides:

I give:

Jimmy Graham

Vincent Jackson

round 6 pick next year

in exchange for one of these (I'd put out multiple offers):

Jordy Nelson, Antonio Brown, Dez Bryant, Alshon Jeffrey, Brandon Marshall

and round 16 pick next year

Thanks!

Hi Jeff. Need 1 WR/RB flex, 1 PPR

Ronnie Hillman RB

Jerick McKinnon RB

Justin Hunter WR

Jarvis Landry WR

Thanks!

Hi Jeff,

My team is in my signature. I'm desperate to win now, with a bad record despite third overall scoring rank. Seems like my weakest starting position is WR, so I'm thinking of targeting a top WR in a trade. I'm wondering if you think these trades help me, and if you think they are reasonable offers for both sides:

I give:

Jimmy Graham

Vincent Jackson

round 6 pick next year

in exchange for one of these (I'd put out multiple offers):

Jordy Nelson, Antonio Brown, Dez Bryant, Alshon Jeffrey, Brandon Marshall

and round 16 pick next year

Thanks!
I see no problem with the deal but would prefer Brown or Jordy since each is red hot and you need wins NOW

PPR

Need 2 RBs-----REALLY LOST at this position?
R BUSH v SAINTS (Like the REVENGE factor? Trustworthy?)
A Williams @ DAL (Worried about Cowboys Defense-Shocking!)
F GORE @ DEN (Tough D)
J McKINNON @ BUF
I CROWELL @ JAX
K Robinson @ DET

Need 3 WRs-----Leaning towards starting them in the order they are listed, including my FLEX position
Michael FLOYD @ OAK
B COOKS @ Det
M SANU @ INDY
K BENJAMIN @ GB (Is the concussion going to be a factor?)

R WAYNE v CIN (let me down last week)

AJ GREEN (OUT, right?)

NEED 1 Additional from the above players as my FLEX! (Leaning towards Cooks over the other RBs)

WHO DO YOU LIKE?

THANK U JEFF!!!!!

PPR

Need 2 RBs-----REALLY LOST at this position?

R BUSH v SAINTS (Like the REVENGE factor? Trustworthy?) love him this week

A Williams @ DAL (Worried about Cowboys Defense-Shocking!)

F GORE @ DEN (Tough D)

J McKINNON @ BUF

I CROWELL @ JAX he or McKinnon ... just think Crowell will get carries salting away lead

K Robinson @ DET

Need 3 WRs-----Leaning towards starting them in the order they are listed, including my FLEX position

Michael FLOYD @ OAK

B COOKS @ Det

M SANU @ INDY

K BENJAMIN @ GB (Is the concussion going to be a factor?) FLEX if playing

R WAYNE v CIN (let me down last week)

AJ GREEN (OUT, right?)

NEED 1 Additional from the above players as my FLEX! (Leaning towards Cooks over the other RBs)

WHO DO YOU LIKE?

THANK U JEFF!!!!!

Jeff, I could use some help with this team. Currently 3-4, mainly due to being really inconsistent.

.5 PPR

1 QB, 3 WR, 2 RB, 1 Flex, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF

Current roster:

Nick Foles

Cam Newton

Jordy Nelson

Mike Wallace

Andre Holmes

Lesean McCoy

Giovani Bernard

Rashad Jennings

Branden Oliver

Jerrick McKinnon

Darren McFadden

Isaiah Crowell

Clay Harbor

Brandon McManus

Philadelphia

Cleveland

I had more WRs but I lost Cruz for the season and traded off Garcon early for Jennings. I am fairly loaded at RB right now so maybe a trade might be best, possibly Bernard since Cincinatti seems to be looking weaker? I received an offer for Emmanuel Sanders for Benard. I am thinking of taking the offer and then picking up Hill off waivers since Bernard could be injury prone. What do you think of this?

The WR free agent pool is pretty slim pickings in this league. Notables are: K. Wright, A. Hawkins, K. Stills, G. Jennings, R. Cooper, A. Hurns, B. LaFell, J. Matthews, J. Landry

I am planning on dropping Cam Newton/Cleveland this week since I only used them for Phillys bye. Harbor seems to be doing okay I was thinking of going after Clay but I don't know if it'll be much of an upgrade.

Also, who do I start this week at RB?

Thanks for your time!

i got these WR and i only can have 3 and start 2

COBB, WHITE,FLOYED(arizona)

AVAILABLE

TATE,ALLEN,DECKER,FLOYD,ROYAL

SHOULD I DO ANYTHING HERE??

I need to drop SD Def they have been killing me
which def is a better pick up

WW

Phi @ ARI
IND @ PIt

ONE more which def should i play this week

DEN vs SD

or

MIA @ JAX

I have Matt Ryan and Andy Dalton as my QB they both have been playing like Crap

should i drop Dalton and get a WW QB Like

WW

Carson Palmer

Alex Smith

Eli Manning

Ryan Fitzpatrick

Jake Locker

Passing Yards 25 yards per point Passing Touchdowns 4 Interceptions -1 Rushing Yards 10 yards per point Rushing Touchdowns 6 Reception Yards 10 yards per point Reception Touchdowns 6 Return Touchdowns 6 2-Point Conversions 2 Fumbles Lost -2

5-2 PPR 12 team - start 2rb, 2wr, TE, and flex

Do I send

Watkins, Hopkins, Bradshaw for Julio, Sproles

or Jeffrey and Hopkins for Julio

QB- Luck

RB- Mccoy

RB - Mckinnon (backups Bradshaw, Asiata, Richardson, Bryce Brown)

WR- Jeffrey

WR - Watkins

TE - Gronk

Flex (Hopkins, Cooks, Patterson)

Users who are viewing this thread