What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

wannabee Strategy Thread (1 Viewer)

hey guys

my league at fox fantasy football we have to have MAX 2QB,3RB,3WR,2TE,2K,2DE

and start ONLY QB,2RB,2WR,TE,K,DE

something happened with the Jax RB D ROBINSON he is listed as WR-RB in my league

so i have as RB J CHARLES ,A ELLINGTON,B OLIVER

WR COBB,TATE, FLOYED (AZ)

should i drop FLOYED and get ROBINSON starting three RB which i talked to the commissioner told if

the computer let me do it its all good or Drop FLOYD and another WR like D BALDWIN he is available

MY QB FOLSE and RUSSEL

thanks

i have WR M floyd (AZ)

these WR available

Fitzgerald,Baldwin,Floyd (SD),Hawkins,Hopkins

should i do anything like drop him and pick anther WR? he is the only WR starting this coming week

my other two (TATE,COBB) are on a bye week

i am thinking Baldwin for Floyd (AZ)

what you think

thanks again
Baldwin and Hawkins are both soild plays this week, better than a banged up Floyd

Hi again Jeff,

Just received a trade offer from the league in my sig

I trade away:

Joique Bell and AJ Green

I get back:

Gio Bernard and Malcolm Floyd

I'm leaning towards saying yes. What do you think?
I would pass since you are trading two startable players for one. I might feel differently if Gio was not banged up, too
Thank you for the help Jeff. I thought longer about it and decided to pass as well. The same owner just came back with another offer with a swap of Emmanuel Sanders for Gio. I am also facing this owner this weekend in a pretty big matchup. Would you trade Sanders for Bernard?
not with Gio hurt and he he starts Sanders against you

Hi Jeff-

I'm in 3rd place of 14 teams in a PPR keeper league but I fear that my RB situation is going to catch up to me. Need your help.

QB - Rivers

RB - L Bell, Ball, Mason, Sankey, Hyde, Sims, B Brown

WR - Wallace, Benjamin, Sanu

TE - Graham, Reed

We start QB-2RB-2WR-TE-RB/WR/TE.

I've been rolling with 3 of the 5 WR/TE I have when healthy at my flex. Bell has been carrying my RB corp but there isn't anything else reliable there. Is it time to cut bait on Sankey as a potential keeper? I'd like to hang on to Sims and Hyde but right now neither does me any good. Brown will be droppable in a few weeks I imagine and the jury is still out on Mason. I've hung on to Ball after being outbid on Hillman, hoping he'd get the job back but it doesn't look like it.

Right now I'm offering an package of Sanu/Wallace/Reed plus either Mason/Sankey for an RB2. This should get a Top 10 RB and I would aim very high. Wallace and Sanu are Top 20 WRs. I would target Hillman since you have Ball. I would keep Mason and trade Sankey.

I'm targeting Bradshaw, Hillman, Ingram, McKinnon, Tate. Am I shooting too high or too low? Is Reggie Bush worth a stash, I can get him for cheap probably ( a la Mason/Sankey only) and keep the WR's and TE's. Or is someone like Lynch too much to ask for? Jonas Grey is on waivers but I hate having a NE RB.

I plan on jumping on Michael and Freeman for Brown and/or Mason in a few weeks if they don't pan out to load up on potential keepers.

What would you do/deal?

Loaded question I know, any advice you can throw my way would be awesome.

Thanks!

Kevin

Hi Jeff,

My team is looking good in 2nd place but was wondering if I should make a move. Should I trade my LeSean McCoy for Calvin Johnson? Here is my roster. I'd be left with Ingram/Mckinnon as my RB2 rather than having McCoyRB2/Hopkins(others)WR3.

10 team yahoo standard scoring

QB Andrew Luck

RB DeMarco Murray

RB LeSean McCoy

WR Julio Jones

WR Alshon Jeffrey

WR DeAndre Hopkins

TE Rob Gronkowski

BN Mark Ingram

BN Jerrick Mckinnon

BN Tre Mason

BN Joseph Randle

BN Michael Crabtree

BN Mike Evans

Thanks!!
yes, only if PPR scoring.

Me again, been getting a flurry of trade offers over the past few days :-)

I had an offer from an owner for Hillman, Andre Johnson, Alshon Jeffrey, and a 4th rounder for Vincent Jackson, Randall Cobb, Shane Vereen, and my 12th (17 rounds total in our draft).

I turned that down because I still believe I have a shot at the playoffs (we play by division and I am just one game back off the lead). He's still like to try and make some sort of deal with the pieces involved. Since it is a three keepers league I was thinking of offering the following

A. Jeffrey for R. Cobb, straight up.

Do you think from that stand point this would be a fair trade for both parties? To be honest I think I am getting the better half of the deal. Thanks as always!
they are close, but keep in mind that cobb is a free agent after the season and jeffrey played through injury the first half of the season (not to mention cutler going in the tank). i expect jeffery to get it together soon.

Hi Jeff, trade question--

8 team (mid-season) redraft 1PPR standard TDs. Free agents fairly deep (but no studs). Playoffs weeks 15-16. Record 0-1

Starting lineup requires:

1 RB

1 WR

2 RB/WR flex

My roster:

QBs A. Luck, M. Ryan

RBs R. Hillman, C. Ivory

WRs D. Bryant, A. Jeffery, AJ Green, J. Gordon, R. Randle, M. Sanu

TEs J. Reed, D. Walker

Trade offered: I get Andre Ellington RB and Carlos Hyde RB and I give AJ Green WR and R. Hillman RB

I'm scared of Green's toe injury, I'm stocked at WR and can go 1 RB / 3 WR. I cannot start 4 WRs if Gordon comes back strong. I also can't pull any trade to upgrade TE.

Do I pull the trigger to upgrade my RB1 (Hillman)? Thanks
no way. hold tight. bad deal for you in 8-team league

hey guys

my league at fox fantasy football we have to have MAX 2QB,3RB,3WR,2TE,2K,2DE

and start ONLY QB,2RB,2WR,TE,K,DE

something happened with the Jax RB D ROBINSON he is listed as WR-RB in my league

so i have as RB J CHARLES ,A ELLINGTON,B OLIVER

WR COBB,TATE, FLOYED (AZ)

should i drop FLOYED and get ROBINSON starting three RB which i talked to the commissioner told if

the computer let me do it its all good or Drop FLOYD and another WR like D BALDWIN he is available

MY QB FOLSE and RUSSEL

thanks
i would hold floyd unless needed as a starter. with only three on roster the waiver wire might have decent options .... i would go with baldwin over denard for rest of season. just try to avoid rbs on bad teams--too unpredictable

i got FOLSE (out from 6 to 8 weeks) and RUSSELL

other available QB

ROMO,G III,HOYER,BRIDGEWATER

what should i do here

playoff starts at week 14

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm 3-6 in my sig PPR league and I think it's safe to say I am not making the playoffs. I am planning on keeping Green, Jeffery, and L. Bell from my league below. I am trying to sell of players for draft picks. Received an offer for a 3rd rd pick for Hillman. Would you consider that fair value in a 3 keepers league or do you think I could get more for him. Thanks Jeff!

I have R Gronkowski and J Reed doth TE on bye

Which is a better pick up this week I was going to drop Reed
WW

Owen Daniels vs TEN
Charles Clay @ DET

Daniels was a little bang up but play ok las week

This is a tough one i have
Houston Def on bye
DeAndre Hopkins on bye

I only have these player to consider droping

Carson Palmer or Matt Ryan (have to keep one
Delanie Walker or Greg Olsen 9Have to keep one
Keenan Allen

WW DEF

DEt vs MIA
STL @ ARI
BAL vs TEN
NO vs SF

WW Wr
Dwayne Bowe 2 BUF
Markus Wheaton @ NYJ
Andrew Hawkins @ CIN
Jordan Matthews vs Car
Kenny Britt @ ARI
Kenny Stills @ SF
Doug Baldwin @ NYG

or i could just play what i have and try to win

I'm 3-6 in my sig PPR league and I think it's safe to say I am not making the playoffs. I am planning on keeping Green, Jeffery, and L. Bell from my league below. I am trying to sell of players for draft picks. Received an offer for a 3rd rd pick for Hillman. Would you consider that fair value in a 3 keepers league or do you think I could get more for him. Thanks Jeff!
yes. That is fair enough. He might be worth more, but I doubt you get more. Also look at deals giving you just a one or two round upgrade as you liquidate

This is a tough one i have Houston Def on bye

DeAndre Hopkins on bye

I only have these player to consider droping

Carson Palmer or Matt Ryan (have to keep one

Delanie Walker or Greg Olsen 9Have to keep one

Keenan Allen

WW DEF

DEt vs MIA

STL @ ARI

BAL vs TEN

NO vs SF

WW Wr

Dwayne Bowe 2 BUF

Markus Wheaton @ NYJ

Andrew Hawkins @ CIN

Jordan Matthews vs Car

Kenny Britt @ ARI

Kenny Stills @ SF

Doug Baldwin @ NYG

or i could just play what i have and try to win
drop Walker and Ryan for Baltimore and Baldwin

Leo2228 said:
I have R Gronkowski and J Reed doth TE on bye Which is a better pick up this week I was going to drop Reed

WW

Owen Daniels vs TEN

Charles Clay @ DET

Daniels was a little bang up but play ok las week
Daniels just because of opponent
I all so saw Clay harbor on WW but i will put my ww in for Daniels
yes. Daniels is ranked highly by FBG this week

Jeff,

Have lots of depth at WR and the McCoy owner wants some of it. I can get McCoy for Evans/Beckham and a 2015 1st which will be in the 5-7 range. I am not a fan of this deal as Evans IMO will be a future top 10 WR for years to come. I have 2 good RB's and a nice selection of players to pick from for the flex. We started talks with Beckham, Arob, a first and Harvin but I didn't want to sell 3 WR's as my depth has been tested with AJ and Calvin's injuries, Allen's slow start. What would you offer up for McCoy? I have 4 1sts next year with one most likely being 1.1 so I can reload with Gurley or Gordon. Thoughts?

Hi, Jeff.

I need to make up the points I've lost this week from the stinker put up by the Bengals. I started Green AND Sanu for a total of 9 friggin' points :-(

The rest of my lineup is in my sig, but I think I need to go for a home run at my Flex position. Choices are Fitzgerald, MBryant or ODBjr. Who do you think has the best chance at putting up the most points in PPR?

Obviously, Fitz and Bryant are facing more favorable defenses, but could that mean they'll run the ball more and ODB could be more valuable as the NYG could have to throw all night against SEA?

Thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Hi Jeff,

I have the following 4 WR's in a .5PPR where I can only start 3 (no flex). I'm looking to move one of the following to make an upgrade at TE or RB.

Dez Bryant

Jordy Nelson

Odell Beckham Jr.

Josh Gordon

My thinking is that Gordon and Beckham don't hold the trade value of Bryant and Nelson, though I expect them to put up comparable numbers down the stretch. That leads me to think I should move Bryant or Nelson. Who would you suggest shopping and why?

This is a redraft league, full team in my sig.

Thanks!

My QB was Carson Plumer now he gone with ACL
need to pick up one or maybe a second and play matchup

which one should i get

WW QB

Tony Romo
Andy Dalton
Alex Smith K
Ryan Fitzpatrick
Drew Stanton

mark sanchez

We only have four bench spots in a PPR, bonus for long TD league. 12 teams, return yards as well

Start QB RB WR TE 2 Flex, K,DST

QB Rodgers

WR D Thomas

RB J. HILL

FLEX - Beckham

Flex - Garcon

TE Graham

Bailey

49ers

Bench. - Gordon, j bell, j McKinnon, Harvin

Do I drop any RB on my bench or starting lineup for Anderson, S Jackson, Gore, Wayne, Crabtree, Sankey. Patterson.

Do I drop anyone for a kicker to save Bailey or drop Bailey.

Basically looking to construct the best potential playoff lineup. McKinnon losing touches to Asiata and Ap coming back?

Hi Jeff,

I have the following 4 WR's in a .5PPR where I can only start 3 (no flex). I'm looking to move one of the following to make an upgrade at TE or RB.

Dez Bryant

Jordy Nelson

Odell Beckham Jr.

Josh Gordon

My thinking is that Gordon and Beckham don't hold the trade value of Bryant and Nelson, though I expect them to put up comparable numbers down the stretch. That leads me to think I should move Bryant or Nelson. Who would you suggest shopping and why?

This is a redraft league, full team in my sig.

Thanks!
I'd move Gordon as many think he will be a top 5 WR, and you might be able to get top 10 value for him. there is no guarantee he will put up numbers like in 2013

We only have four bench spots in a PPR, bonus for long TD league. 12 teams, return yards as well

Start QB RB WR TE 2 Flex, K,DST

QB Rodgers

WR D Thomas

RB J. HILL

FLEX - Beckham

Flex - Garcon

TE Graham

Bailey

49ers

Bench. - Gordon, j bell, j McKinnon, Harvin

Do I drop any RB on my bench or starting lineup for Anderson, S Jackson, Gore, Wayne, Crabtree, Sankey. Patterson.

Do I drop anyone for a kicker to save Bailey or drop Bailey.

Basically looking to construct the best potential playoff lineup. McKinnon losing touches to Asiata and Ap coming back?
drop mckinnon for a kicker, then drop the kicker for a rb ... should be good at wr in meantime

hello, first time posting in your thread man. great advice every week from you man.

heres is my question;

pick 2 wr, 1flex:

• T.Y (vs NE)
  • Nelson (vs PHI)
  • E.Sanders (@STL)
  • M.Bryant (@TEN)
  • Beckham Jr. (vs SF)
  • J.Bell (@ARI)
as of right now i have: QB: Peyton RB:J.Hill, FJax (Murray on a bye) TE: Julius.

any advice you can give i would greatly appreciate it.!!

Edit: Also not sure what to think of Freddie Jax this week, should i go the safer route and play J.Bell as RB2 over Freddie this week? only was in for ~30% of the snaps last week.

With Carson palmer lost i pick up Mark Sanchez but he is playing at GB

should i pick up another QB off WW keep Sanchez for another week

WW QB

Jay Culter vs Min

Ryan Fitzpatrick @ Cle

second question

My def is Hou vs Cle and Bal there on bye

i saw San Diego on WW they are rank 2 or 3 i think

the only thing that scared me is last time they play Oak they got 1 point

do you think they are a better play this week ?

I need 4 flex out of these 6 in .5 ppr.

Le'Veon Bell @TEN

Julius Thomas @STL

Mohamed Sanu @NO

Martavis Bryant @TEN

Jeremy Hill @NO

CJ Anderson @STL

Thank you, sir.

hello, first time posting in your thread man. great advice every week from you man.

heres is my question;

pick 2 wr, 1flex:

• T.Y (vs NE)
  • Nelson (vs PHI)
  • E.Sanders (@STL)
  • M.Bryant (@TEN)
  • Beckham Jr. (vs SF)
  • J.Bell (@ARI)
as of right now i have: QB: Peyton RB:J.Hill, FJax (Murray on a bye) TE: Julius.

Edit: Also not sure what to think of Freddie Jax this week, should i go the safer route and play J.Bell as RB2 over Freddie this week? only was in for ~30% of the snaps last week.
hopefully you played bell over fjax, who did not play. For WR/Flex: Hilton, Nelson, Sanders

With Carson palmer lost i pick up Mark Sanchez but he is playing at GB

should i pick up another QB off WW keep Sanchez for another week

WW QB

Jay Culter vs Min

Ryan Fitzpatrick @ Cle

second question

My def is Hou vs Cle and Bal there on bye

i saw San Diego on WW they are rank 2 or 3 i think

the only thing that scared me is last time they play Oak they got 1 point

do you think they are a better play this week ?
I would just go with Sanchez over Cutler ... seems safer. Would go with HOU defense and hope Watt has a big game.

heres is my question;

pick 2 wr, 1flex:

• T.Y (vs NE)
  • Nelson (vs PHI)
  • E.Sanders (@STL)
  • M.Bryant (@TEN)
  • Beckham Jr. (vs SF)
  • J.Bell (@ARI)

hopefully you played bell over fjax, who did not play. For WR/Flex: Hilton, Nelson, Sanders
Yeah, i saw that Freddie was a No go around 8 and was able to pull him out. Thanks for the post.

Users who are viewing this thread