What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

wannabee Strategy Thread (1 Viewer)

OK folks... need a little insight here. PPR, 12-team league. 3-1 record.

My strategy is usually to stockpile RBs for the stretch but I'm worried I'm getting a little thin at WR. Standard 2 RB, 2WR, 1 TE, 1 RB/WR/TE FLEX. What would you recommend my next move be?

Rivers, Ball, L. Bell, Spiller, Asiata, Ingram, Crowell, Megatron, AJ Green, Keenan Allen, Allen Robinson, Julius and Donnell.

Should I stand pat and keep this RB-heavy while everyone is somewhat healthy? Or should I drop one/trade one if I can get market value? Current WRs on waivers include Terrance Williams (courtesy of me as I dropped him for Ingram on Thursday) and Decker. League seems somewhat stagnant in regards to trades... I've been the only one to initiate a trade so far. I normally like to target a few guys for the stretch run but I feel I've done that with Crowell and Allen Robinson.

Since the trade window is now open for the week, I'm targeting Julio on one team and Percy on another. Both teams need either RBs or TEs or both. Trying to sell high on Donnell.

Thanks all!
Try to package Donnell and a RB for a RB Upgrade and you should be set. I like your top three WRs and Robinson is fine as WR4.

Gandalf said:
Hi Jeff,

I'm in need of some good advice for my salary cap contract league where I am now 1-3 (week 4 was rough with byes, Brady and injuries). We start 1 QB (6 pts for TDs so Brady is killing me), 2 RBs, 3 WRs, 1 TE and 1 FLEX (RB/WR/TE).

My roster is (salary cap is $135 this year moving to $200 next season):

QB: Brady $18 B, Manziel $2 A, Garropolo $2 A

RB: Foster $58 A, Sankey $2 A, Doug Martin $2 B, Crowell $2 A, Mason $2 A

WR: DT $5 B, AJ Green $2 B, Sammy Watkins $2 A, Patterson $2 A, Jennings $2 A

TE: J Cameron $2 B, Ladarius Green $6 A

A = can keep one more year at same value

B = must sign to a contract where player's value increases by $5 every year signed (so a $5 DT signed to a 4 year deal is $25 each year of the contract)

I also have 4 first round picks in our 2015 rookie draft

Okay with that as the league details, I am 1-3 I think because of Brady. Eli Manning is on the waiver wire. I have a clear advantage at WR. My only advantage. So do I try to trade DT? I have an offer for DT for Cruz $2 B, Hyde $2 A and likely a good 2015 first round rookie draft pick -- I'm holding off because of giving up my only advantage. This owner also has Antonio Brown $2 B and is a huge Denver fan so I might be able to replace Brown for Cruz. Or do I keep my clear advantage at WR and try to get Manning. I think I'm okay at RB and there isn't a RB I could get that's fair for DT (none of the big 3... well big 2 now that ADP is toast). And I don't think RB is my issue. I think is Brady. He got me 6 points this week.

So my current plan is to keep DT instead of moving him for the Cruz, Hyde, good 1st rounder deal. And maybe bidding high for Eli Manning (and cutting Ladarius Green now that Cameron is through his bye) and hoping he is a good enough QB to carry me through the season (until maybe Manziel gets the job). Am I thinking about this correctly?

How would you try to fix my team?

Thanks Jeff!
Definitely pick up Eli, even at expense of Green. You will be able to keep DT since he will still cheap. But, I would do that deal of DT for Brown and the 1st.
Thanks Jeff. One more follow up? I could also possible get Aaron Rodgers $22 B and a likely top 5 1st round pick (his team is 0-4 so could be the 1.1 rookie pick) for DT and Manziel? I would then not pick up Manning. But is the Rodgers deal too much to give especially with Eli on the waiver wire? Other owner turned down the Brown deal but would do Cruz. That deal worries me too much. Then again maybe the difference between Cruz and DT is worth a good 1st and Hyde. I guess I'm ambivalent.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright: I've got a solid team, but a concussion to Joique and bad RBs to begin with leaves me with Crowell, PT, and Reaves. I have an offer open for Charles.

Here's relevant part of my squad:

WR: Jordy, Dez, K. Benjamin, S. Smith

RB: Crowell, Joique, Pierre Thomas, Darrin Reaves, Denard Robinson, Andre Williams

TE: Julius Thomas, Larry Donnell

0.5 PPR, 1/10 rush yards, 1/10 rec yards

I can flex a TE, but starting 2W/2R/1T/1Flex and having my WR corps...doesn't help too much.

I can trade Dez, PT, and one of the TEs for Charles. Trying to send Donnell.

1. Would you make that swap? (Dez/PT/Donnell)

2. Would you rather keep Donnell and send Julius Thomas?

Jeff. Ppr
for rb2 and flex
Need two. Asiata,Vareen,Martin,Crowell .....think Robinson on wire as well....but not sure who to drop if did that.

Robinson or wright at wr

Reed or Harbor this week?

Thanks Sir

Jeff

i have CHARGES and BROWNS DE

available DE

RAMS,LIONS,TITANS,COWBOYS,JETS

should i do anything here??

thanks

Hi Jeff,

I'm in need of some good advice for my salary cap contract league where I am now 1-3 (week 4 was rough with byes, Brady and injuries). We start 1 QB (6 pts for TDs so Brady is killing me), 2 RBs, 3 WRs, 1 TE and 1 FLEX (RB/WR/TE).

B = must sign to a contract where player's value increases by $5 every year signed (so a $5 DT signed to a 4 year deal is $25 each year of the contract)

Okay with that as the league details, I am 1-3 I think because of Brady. Eli Manning is on the waiver wire. I have a clear advantage at WR. My only advantage. So do I try to trade DT? I have an offer for DT for Cruz $2 B, Hyde $2 A and likely a good 2015 first round rookie draft pick -- I'm holding off because of giving up my only advantage. This owner also has Antonio Brown $2 B and is a huge Denver fan so I might be able to replace Brown for Cruz. Or do I keep my clear advantage at WR and try to get Manning. I think I'm okay at RB and there isn't a RB I could get that's fair for DT (none of the big 3... well big 2 now that ADP is toast). And I don't think RB is my issue. I think is Brady. He got me 6 points this week.

So my current plan is to keep DT instead of moving him for the Cruz, Hyde, good 1st rounder deal. And maybe bidding high for Eli Manning (and cutting Ladarius Green now that Cameron is through his bye) and hoping he is a good enough QB to carry me through the season (until maybe Manziel gets the job). Am I thinking about this correctly?

Thanks Jeff!
Definitely pick up Eli, even at expense of Green. You will be able to keep DT since he will still cheap. But, I would do that deal of DT for Brown and the 1st.
Thanks Jeff. One more follow up? I could also possible get Aaron Rodgers $22 B and a likely top 5 1st round pick (his team is 0-4 so could be the 1.1 rookie pick) for DT and Manziel? I would then not pick up Manning. But is the Rodgers deal too much to give especially with Eli on the waiver wire? Other owner turned down the Brown deal but would do Cruz. That deal worries me too much. Then again maybe the difference between Cruz and DT is worth a good 1st and Hyde. I guess I'm ambivalent.
I would just pick up Eli and let the dust settle

Alright: I've got a solid team, but a concussion to Joique and bad RBs to begin with leaves me with Crowell, PT, and Reaves. I have an offer open for Charles.

Here's relevant part of my squad:

WR: Jordy, Dez, K. Benjamin, S. Smith

RB: Crowell, Joique, Pierre Thomas, Darrin Reaves, Denard Robinson, Andre Williams

TE: Julius Thomas, Larry Donnell

0.5 PPR, 1/10 rush yards, 1/10 rec yards

I can flex a TE, but starting 2W/2R/1T/1Flex and having my WR corps...doesn't help too much.

I can trade Dez, PT, and one of the TEs for Charles. Trying to send Donnell.

1. Would you make that swap? (Dez/PT/Donnell)

2. Would you rather keep Donnell and send Julius Thomas?
i would do that deal then scour waiver wire for wr depth

Hi Jeff,

Thanks Jeff!
I would just pick up Eli and let the dust settle
Thanks!

10 Team no PPR, 6 Points for QB TD passes
Lineup is 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1 K, 1Def

Team is:
C Kaepernick
T Brady
J Flacco
M Forte
R Jennings
A Foster
F Jackson
M Asiata
J Nelson
K Allen
V Cruz
J Gordon
L Donnell
C Parkey
Broncos

Proposed Trade is:
We get J Cutler for M Asiata and F Jackson
Def a stronger deal for them but we have 3 solid RB's and Cutler is probably a step up over Kaepernick given the TD passes and definitely over Brady - we picked up Flacco to try and do a deal for 1 of those 2 RB's and Flacco - they want both RB's

Torn on this one - definitely helping them more, but probably slightly helpful for our team
We sit in first place so have an eye on playoffs with this trade

Hey Jeff -

Need some lineup help:

(1) Vincent Jackson, Michael Floyd, or Hopkins at WR2 - .5 ppr.

(2) Detroit or Denver. Standard scoring.

(3) Pick two: Allen, Floyd, Cooks, and Hopkins. Non-ppr.

Thanks for the help.

Kaepernick at home against KC

or

Romo at home against Houston

6 pt TD

5 pt bonus @ 300 yds

Vereen(cin) or Fred(@det)

PPR

10 Team no PPR, 6 Points for QB TD passes

Lineup is 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1 K, 1Def

Team is:

C Kaepernick

T Brady

J Flacco

M Forte

R Jennings

A Foster

F Jackson

M Asiata

J Nelson

K Allen

V Cruz

J Gordon

L Donnell

C Parkey

Broncos

Proposed Trade is:

We get J Cutler for M Asiata and F Jackson

Def a stronger deal for them but we have 3 solid RB's and Cutler is probably a step up over Kaepernick given the TD passes and definitely over Brady - we picked up Flacco to try and do a deal for 1 of those 2 RB's and Flacco - they want both RB's

Torn on this one - definitely helping them more, but probably slightly helpful for our team

We sit in first place so have an eye on playoffs with this trade
would see if you can throw brady into the deal and get a low level rb back .... would do deal anyway, then drop flacco for a rb off waiver wire for depth

Hey Jeff -

Need some lineup help:

(1) Vincent Jackson, Michael Floyd, or Hopkins at WR2 - .5 ppr.

(2) Detroit or Denver. Standard scoring.

(3) Pick two: Allen, Floyd, Cooks, and Hopkins. Non-ppr.

Thanks for the help.
My Hopkins love comes from the Andre Johnson injury news. Johnson's status helps/hurts Hopkins so keep an eye on situation

Hey Jeff. sorry that this is so long I have a lot of thoughts on it lol but I'm really trying. To get some opinions on how this looks. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

14 team auction keeper league 0.5 ppr standard scoring elsewhere.

Unfortunately I've started off 0-4 this year so I am looking to pickup as many potential keepers as I can. I've received and offer which is really hard for me to evaluate personally so I'd love to hear others thoughts.

We have a budget of 200 each auction and can keep 0-4 keepers. The relevant starting requirements are RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, Flex. My current potential keepers are Demaryius, Alfred Morris, Brian Quick, the depending on how many carries it looks like they'll get come next year Carlos Hyde, Terrance West and Jeremy Hill.

The trade would be me giving Demaryius Thomas (keeper values for the next few years of 38, 48, etc) and Alfred Morris (28, 38, 48, etc) for Josh Gordon (20, 25, 35, 45, etc) and Christine Michael (12, 17, 27, 37, etc).

Now I'm working on another deal or two that may change this but Demaryius and Alfred as it is are my current two best keepers. Assuming Demaryius plays like the Demaryius of the past couple years stud wrs go for 50ish in this league (this last auction Calvin went for 54 and Julio for 51) and Alfred would go for 35-40+ Imo so I would be trading two pretty solid keepers.

Now obviously if Josh comes back and has some decent games while he knocks the rust off he'll be a pretty huge value and be a legit keeper for at least a few years considering his low price tag. Michael is obviously a lottery ticket. If he was to get the starting gig or a majority of the touches next year, he turns into a top keeper as well considering his low price and this trade would then be a big win for me. That said, Michael could not get the gig and end up being essentially worthless to me as I wouldn't keep him at 12 if it didn't look like he would get a fair amount of carries and then I would have basically traded two pretty good keepers for just one.

Jeff, ppr Redraft

Would you trade Garcon for Harvin?

This person also has Olsen and Kelce.....thought about offering Reed for one of them. I think they need an RB(hoping to get Oliver or Anderson or HIllman...one of these over night on waivers)

Thanks

Hey Jeff. sorry that this is so long I have a lot of thoughts on it lol but I'm really trying. To get some opinions on how this looks. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

14 team auction keeper league 0.5 ppr standard scoring elsewhere.

Unfortunately I've started off 0-4 this year so I am looking to pickup as many potential keepers as I can. I've received and offer which is really hard for me to evaluate personally so I'd love to hear others thoughts.

We have a budget of 200 each auction and can keep 0-4 keepers. The relevant starting requirements are RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, Flex. My current potential keepers are Demaryius, Alfred Morris, Brian Quick, the depending on how many carries it looks like they'll get come next year Carlos Hyde, Terrance West and Jeremy Hill.

The trade would be me giving Demaryius Thomas (keeper values for the next few years of 38, 48, etc) and Alfred Morris (28, 38, 48, etc) for Josh Gordon (20, 25, 35, 45, etc) and Christine Michael (12, 17, 27, 37, etc).

Now I'm working on another deal or two that may change this but Demaryius and Alfred as it is are my current two best keepers. Assuming Demaryius plays like the Demaryius of the past couple years stud wrs go for 50ish in this league (this last auction Calvin went for 54 and Julio for 51) and Alfred would go for 35-40+ Imo so I would be trading two pretty solid keepers.

Now obviously if Josh comes back and has some decent games while he knocks the rust off he'll be a pretty huge value and be a legit keeper for at least a few years considering his low price tag. Michael is obviously a lottery ticket. If he was to get the starting gig or a majority of the touches next year, he turns into a top keeper as well considering his low price and this trade would then be a big win for me. That said, Michael could not get the gig and end up being essentially worthless to me as I wouldn't keep him at 12 if it didn't look like he would get a fair amount of carries and then I would have basically traded two pretty good keepers for just one.
Hey, sorry I did not get this on Sunday. I prefer the Gordon side unless you are wanting to get back into contention before week 12 when Gordon is back

Jeff, ppr Redraft

This person also has Olsen and Kelce.....thought about offering Reed for one of them. I think they need an RB(hoping to get Oliver or Anderson or HIllman...one of these over night on waivers)

Thanks
i think the WRs are even so I would use the move to help at TE ... so WR/TE/RB for WR/Kelce

Hey Jeff,

I have a trade offer in a PPR league.

AJ Green and Gates

For

Wayne and Gronk.

My team:

QB: Cam, Rivers

RB: Forte, Foster, CJ Anderson, Crowell

WR: Roddy White, Wayne, Patterson, Gordon

TE: Gronk, Allen

His team:

QB: Wilson, Caepernick

RB: Lacy, Lynch, Joique Bell, Pierre Thomas

WR: AJ Green, Maclin, Jackson, Sanders

TE: Gates, Ertz

Am I dumb for not pulling the trigger? I like Gronks high floor and feel like the Pats have got it together.

What you do?

Thanks

-Eric

Which two rb should i start this week

Pick two

Eddie Lacy @ Mia
Ben Tate vs pit
Andre Ellington

Pick one

Pick one

DeAndre Hopkins
Julian Edelman

Jeff, ppr Redraft

Thanks
i think the WRs are even so I would use the move to help at TE ... so WR/TE/RB for WR/Kelce
Maybe wait til after this weeks game? Thinking I'll have to play Martin ,

Vareen, and Asiata at Rb with Ingram, Charles on bye. It would probably help if Reed or Paul did well too. Not sure which rb to throw in.

Hey standard rules 6pt TD Im 1-4 and in a must win match up this week how can I turn this around?

QB - Philip Rivers @ OAK

WR - Vincent Jackson vs BAL

WR - Michael Floyd vs WAS

WR - Keenan Allen @ OAK

RB - Fred Jackson vs NE

RB - Justin Forsett @ TB

TE - Dwayne Allen @ HOU

FLEX - Joique Bell @ MIN (Bishop Sankey vs Jax if Bell is out)

K - Cody Parkey vs NYG

DST - Chargers @ OAK

BN - Calvin Johnson @ MIN (out)

BN - Bishop Sankey vs JAX

BN - Cordarrelle Patterson vs DET

BN - Eric Decker vs DEN

BN - Ronnie Hillman - @NYJ

BN - CJ Anderson - @ NYJ

Hey Jeff -

Mulling a possible trade to upgrade my WR.

Current corps: DThomas, Michael Floyd, Vincent Jackson, DeAndre Hopkins

We start 2. It's .5 ppr.

I could likely acquire Julio Jones for a 1st round pick next season.

Worth losing the asset for next year to add Julio given my overall depth at the position?

Thanks

whodatsaints said:
Hey Jeff -

Mulling a possible trade to upgrade my WR.

Current corps: DThomas, Michael Floyd, Vincent Jackson, DeAndre Hopkins

We start 2. It's .5 ppr.

I could likely acquire Julio Jones for a 1st round pick next season.

Worth losing the asset for next year to add Julio given my overall depth at the position?
if Julio is enough to put you in good shape for the title, it is worth it

vp89 said:
Hey standard rules 6pt TD Im 1-4 and in a must win match up this week how can I turn this around?

QB - Philip Rivers @ OAK

WR - Vincent Jackson vs BAL

WR - Michael Floyd vs WAS

WR - Keenan Allen @ OAK

RB - Fred Jackson vs NE

RB - Justin Forsett @ TB

TE - Dwayne Allen @ HOU

FLEX - Joique Bell @ MIN (Bishop Sankey vs Jax if Bell is out)

K - Cody Parkey vs NYG

DST - Chargers @ OAK

BN - Calvin Johnson @ MIN (out)

BN - Bishop Sankey vs JAX

BN - Cordarrelle Patterson vs DET

BN - Eric Decker vs DEN

BN - Ronnie Hillman - @NYJ

BN - CJ Anderson - @ NYJ
you have a good team. I think this is a good lineup. you could use patterson to get going with bridgewater back

Hey Jeff,

I have a trade offer in a PPR league.

AJ Green and Gates

For

Wayne and Gronk.

My team:

QB: Cam, Rivers

RB: Forte, Foster, CJ Anderson, Crowell

WR: Roddy White, Wayne, Patterson, Gordon

TE: Gronk, Allen

His team:

QB: Wilson, Caepernick

RB: Lacy, Lynch, Joique Bell, Pierre Thomas

WR: AJ Green, Maclin, Jackson, Sanders

TE: Gates, Ertz

Am I dumb for not pulling the trigger? I like Gronks high floor and feel like the Pats have got it together.

What you do?

Thanks

-Eric
do not do it! green is out for a while

Users who are viewing this thread