What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

wannabee Strategy Thread (1 Viewer)

12 team, dynasty, non-ppr, standard scoring

Offer on the table:

McCoy, Harvin

for

Asiata, K Benjamin, 2 1sts (early to mid), 2 2nds

I currently have:

Rb: Mathews, Gerhart, Ellington, Asiata

WR: Jeffery, Patterson, Sanders, Benjamin, Evans, T Williams

I am 2-1 so far, with not much of a chance for the playoffs, in my opinion. I also have another 1st that will probably be a mid pick that I would have if the trade was made.

Thoughts on this for the short-term and the long-term?
I would not give that much for McCoy/Harvin. McCoy/Asiata are producing close and same with the WRs. I woudl keep the picks and sell Mathews/Gerhart for picks (shoot for 1s even if you give a 2 as well) if you feel you are not a contender

12 team standard league. My team is

QB - N. Foles

WR - D. Thomas, Dez Bryant, E. Sanders, James Jones, K. Benjamin, R. Randle

RB - T. Gerhart, S. Jackson, Z. Stacy, Taliaferro

TE - Ertz, H. Miller

My question is should I try and offer up either Bryant or D. Thomas for Le'veon Bell or roll with what I have? If I do offer which do you think would be better to offer now. Bryant is doing better than Thomas now but Thomas surely will turn things around.
I would offer Dez just because Romo does not look good at all to me ... like getting a solid RB since you have good WRs

Hi again Jeff,

I am one of those owners that thinks every player on there roster is undroppable (at least this week I think that). I always carry one defense usually but I feel like the Bengals may be the kind of defense that would be worth holding on to. Since they're on bye this week I'd like to drop a player of my roster (updated in my sig) and pick up a wavier wire D for just one week but i'm having a hard time making a decision. Would you drop any of those players for a defense or take a "risk" losing the Bengals D on next week's wavier wire and drop them for a different D for this week? Thanks as always!
If he is not playing in your lineup, I would not mind dropping James Jones. Little upside. A guy you would not start or keep.

Which 2 RBs would you want, of these three, for upside?...

Taliaferro and Rainey
Taliaferro and Crowell
Rainey and Crowell

1-2 in a 12 team redraft 1PPR. I'm trying to stack my bench and strike gold, as my RB1/RB2 are Ellington and Spiller (AND KILLING ME).

Also holding CJ Anderson/Jeremy Hill/Jerick McKinnon...thank you.

dont know what to do

i have Jamal Charles,Knile Davis and Andre Ellington

and there are these RB available

Donald brown,Matt Asiata,Toby Gerhart and Khiry Robinson

should i do anything??

Jeff,

Should I be worried about Wr yet?

You see I have no bu's . I did put out a trade offer Garcon for White thinking White may have more upside if he's back healthy?

Thanks

Which 2 RBs would you want, of these three, for upside?...

Taliaferro and Rainey
Taliaferro and Crowell
Rainey and Crowell

1-2 in a 12 team redraft 1PPR. I'm trying to stack my bench and strike gold, as my RB1/RB2 are Ellington and Spiller (AND KILLING ME).

Also holding CJ Anderson/Jeremy Hill/Jerick McKinnon...thank you.
crowell and taliaferro

Jeff,

You see I have no bu's . I did put out a trade offer Garcon for White thinking White may have more upside if he's back healthy?

Thanks
might consider dropping Blue for a WR if Foster is healthy
So wait til after this weeks games, Some guys out there are: Thompkins,J. Brown,M.Jones,Kerley,Royal, A. Robinson,Hester, Hurns

Guessing proactive is better depending on Foster.

[SIZE=8pt]Dynasty, PPR league with 53 man rosters. Start QB,2RB,3WR, TE, FLEX, K, D[/SIZE]

[SIZE=8pt]I send: Monte Ball, Trent Richardson, Marquise Lee[/SIZE]

[SIZE=8pt]I get: Demarco Murray and a 2nd next season likely 17th-20th overall)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=8pt]My RBs – McCoy, Lacy, Murray, Spiller, Pierce, Talierfero – So I’d take a hit at RB Depth[/SIZE]

[SIZE=8pt]WR’s – Dez, Julio, Jeffrey, AJ Green, Patterson, Harvin, Allen, Lee, Allen Robinson, Austin, Landry, Evans[/SIZE]

[SIZE=8pt]I also have 3 early projected firsts next year[/SIZE]

[SIZE=8pt]And 2 early seconds, plus the one I’d get here.[/SIZE]

bighead2000 said:
Jeff,

Thanks
might consider dropping Blue for a WR if Foster is healthy
So wait til after this weeks games, Some guys out there are: Thompkins,J. Brown,M.Jones,Kerley,Royal, A. Robinson,Hester, Hurns

Guessing proactive is better depending on Foster.
a robinson only one worth rostering.

Gottabesweet said:
[SIZE=8pt]Dynasty, PPR league with 53 man rosters. Start QB,2RB,3WR, TE, FLEX, K, D[/SIZE]

[SIZE=8pt]I send: Monte Ball, Trent Richardson, Marquise Lee[/SIZE]

[SIZE=8pt]I get: Demarco Murray and a 2nd next season likely 17th-20th overall)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=8pt]My RBs – McCoy, Lacy, Murray, Spiller, Pierce, Talierfero – So I’d take a hit at RB Depth[/SIZE]

[SIZE=8pt]WR’s – Dez, Julio, Jeffrey, AJ Green, Patterson, Harvin, Allen, Lee, Allen Robinson, Austin, Landry, Evans[/SIZE]

[SIZE=8pt]I also have 3 early projected firsts next year[/SIZE]

[SIZE=8pt]And 2 early seconds, plus the one I’d get here[/SIZE]
I would do that with assumption that Lee is worth the pick and Murray>Ball/Richardson

Jeff, Ppr....in sig

Headed toward Sunday and next week Donnel killed me...lol

Reed: Do you play him against Seattle , and still hold on Paul?

Blue: Drop for Crowell right before Sunday's game if Foster active?(my waiver priority is very low with all my injury problems this year) Think would play Blue over Asiata if Foster Inactive. Correct?

Here's all I see on Wr.....Depending on what you think I might look at dropping Paul and Blue

Waiver Wr's: J. Brown,Hurns,A. Robinson,Moncrief,M. Jones,Avery,Douglas,Hester, or anyone you might think out there. At this point I'm 0-3, and maybe I just keep all the high upside guys rostered to cause pain for someone toward playoff time. (this is a friends and family Pride kind of league)

Thanks,

Rob

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Jeff - thanks for the help

(1) Non-ppr - byes killing my RB depth. Sankey or Hyde at RB2 ?

(2) Non-ppr - Pick three out of Allen, Hopkins, Cooks, and Jordan Matthews.

(3) .5 point ppr. If Charles plays, do I start him, or roll with Gore and Bush at RB. Who would you bench to start Charles?

Thanks

Jeff.

I pulled the trigger on Robinson. I dropped Gordon. I feel I am almost in a must win every week for a while now. Hope Robinson does well.

Jeff, Ppr....in sig

Headed toward Sunday and next week Donnel killed me...lol

Reed: Do you play him against Seattle , and still hold on Paul? Paul should miss game with concussion

Blue: Drop for Crowell right before Sunday's game if Foster active?(my waiver priority is very low with all my injury problems this year) Think would play Blue over Asiata if Foster Inactive. Correct? Yes

Here's all I see on Wr.....Depending on what you think I might look at dropping Paul and Blue

Waiver Wr's: J. Brown,Hurns,A. Robinson,Moncrief,M. Jones,Avery,Douglas,Hester, or anyone you might think out there. At this point I'm 0-3, and maybe I just keep all the high upside guys rostered to cause pain for someone toward playoff time. (this is a friends and family Pride kind of league)

A Robinson/M Jones stand out

Thanks,

Rob

Hey Jeff - thanks for the help

(1) Non-ppr - byes killing my RB depth. Sankey or Hyde at RB2 ?

(2) Non-ppr - Pick three out of Allen, Hopkins, Cooks, and Jordan Matthews.

(3) .5 point ppr. If Charles plays, do I start him, or roll with Gore and Bush at RB. Who would you bench to start Charles?

Thanks
both great matchups. lean sankey

allen, cooks, matthews and hope for big scoring game

charles plays on Monday Night so you will not know ahead of time. Play Charles if he looks good. Play he and Gore. Worried about Bush vs NYJ

Jeff, ppr

Vjax or Garcon rest of year.....who you like? Thought about trading Garcon for VJax.

Thanks

Hey Jeff

Thanks in advance. Standard scoring no ppr.

Pick 2

Cobb

Jeffrey

Maclin

Pick 2

LMiller

Asiata

JBell

Spiller

FJackson

Jeff,

Do I need to get another te this week?(still have Reed and Paul) Cook,Allen,Harbor,Amaro,Ebron.Seferian Jenkins out there

Would you drop K. Davis if Charles looks ok this week?

Asiata went off, but the Asiata/Mckinnon debates still raging?

Picked up A.Robinson over Hurns,Royal,J. Wright,Beckam , and what about M. Jones for another wide out? Benched wright this past weekend

Thanks

Should I shoot for more changes? Or keep my team the way it is? I think I could use a QB upgrade, but not sure what kind of move I should make for one. Also considered trying to get McCoy, but seems unlikely (and not really sure if I'm willing to give up much more than Gore+others for him)

Jeff,

was offered a large trade (sig in my league)

He gets: Russell Wilson, Emmanuel Sanders, Khiry Robinson, and Delaine Walker

I get: Rashard Jennings, Roddy White, LaGarrette Blount, Carson Palmer.

Thanks as always.

Hi Jeff,

I'm in need of some good advice for my salary cap contract league where I am now 1-3 (week 4 was rough with byes, Brady and injuries). We start 1 QB (6 pts for TDs so Brady is killing me), 2 RBs, 3 WRs, 1 TE and 1 FLEX (RB/WR/TE).

My roster is (salary cap is $135 this year moving to $200 next season):

QB: Brady $18 B, Manziel $2 A, Garropolo $2 A

RB: Foster $58 A, Sankey $2 A, Doug Martin $2 B, Crowell $2 A, Mason $2 A

WR: DT $5 B, AJ Green $2 B, Sammy Watkins $2 A, Patterson $2 A, Jennings $2 A

TE: J Cameron $2 B, Ladarius Green $6 A

A = can keep one more year at same value

B = must sign to a contract where player's value increases by $5 every year signed (so a $5 DT signed to a 4 year deal is $25 each year of the contract)

I also have 4 first round picks in our 2015 rookie draft

Okay with that as the league details, I am 1-3 I think because of Brady. Eli Manning is on the waiver wire. I have a clear advantage at WR. My only advantage. So do I try to trade DT? I have an offer for DT for Cruz $2 B, Hyde $2 A and likely a good 2015 first round rookie draft pick -- I'm holding off because of giving up my only advantage. This owner also has Antonio Brown $2 B and is a huge Denver fan so I might be able to replace Brown for Cruz. Or do I keep my clear advantage at WR and try to get Manning. I think I'm okay at RB and there isn't a RB I could get that's fair for DT (none of the big 3... well big 2 now that ADP is toast). And I don't think RB is my issue. I think is Brady. He got me 6 points this week.

So my current plan is to keep DT instead of moving him for the Cruz, Hyde, good 1st rounder deal. And maybe bidding high for Eli Manning (and cutting Ladarius Green now that Cameron is through his bye) and hoping he is a good enough QB to carry me through the season (until maybe Manziel gets the job). Am I thinking about this correctly?

How would you try to fix my team?

Thanks Jeff!

OK folks... need a little insight here. PPR, 12-team league. 3-1 record.

My strategy is usually to stockpile RBs for the stretch but I'm worried I'm getting a little thin at WR. Standard 2 RB, 2WR, 1 TE, 1 RB/WR/TE FLEX. What would you recommend my next move be?

Rivers, Ball, L. Bell, Spiller, Asiata, Ingram, Crowell, Megatron, AJ Green, Keenan Allen, Allen Robinson, Julius and Donnell.

Should I stand pat and keep this RB-heavy while everyone is somewhat healthy? Or should I drop one/trade one if I can get market value? Current WRs on waivers include Terrance Williams (courtesy of me as I dropped him for Ingram on Thursday) and Decker. League seems somewhat stagnant in regards to trades... I've been the only one to initiate a trade so far. I normally like to target a few guys for the stretch run but I feel I've done that with Crowell and Allen Robinson.

Since the trade window is now open for the week, I'm targeting Julio on one team and Percy on another. Both teams need either RBs or TEs or both. Trying to sell high on Donnell.

Thanks all!

Jeff,

Do I need to get another te this week?(still have Reed and Paul) Cook,Allen,Harbor,Amaro,Ebron.Seferian Jenkins out there

Would you drop K. Davis if Charles looks ok this week?

Asiata went off, but the Asiata/Mckinnon debates still raging?

Picked up A.Robinson over Hurns,Royal,J. Wright,Beckam , and what about M. Jones for another wide out? Benched wright this past weekend

Thanks
Drop Paul for a TE. Drop Davis and I like M Jones

Should I shoot for more changes? Or keep my team the way it is? I think I could use a QB upgrade, but not sure what kind of move I should make for one. Also considered trying to get McCoy, but seems unlikely (and not really sure if I'm willing to give up much more than Gore+others for him)
Like your team a lot. For QB, might look at Fitz plus a QB for a top QB

CentralPA said:
Jeff,

was offered a large trade (sig in my league)

He gets: Russell Wilson, Emmanuel Sanders, Khiry Robinson, and Delaine Walker

I get: Rashard Jennings, Roddy White, LaGarrette Blount, Carson Palmer.

Thanks as always.
bad deal for you

Gandalf said:
Hi Jeff,

I'm in need of some good advice for my salary cap contract league where I am now 1-3 (week 4 was rough with byes, Brady and injuries). We start 1 QB (6 pts for TDs so Brady is killing me), 2 RBs, 3 WRs, 1 TE and 1 FLEX (RB/WR/TE).

My roster is (salary cap is $135 this year moving to $200 next season):

QB: Brady $18 B, Manziel $2 A, Garropolo $2 A

RB: Foster $58 A, Sankey $2 A, Doug Martin $2 B, Crowell $2 A, Mason $2 A

WR: DT $5 B, AJ Green $2 B, Sammy Watkins $2 A, Patterson $2 A, Jennings $2 A

TE: J Cameron $2 B, Ladarius Green $6 A

A = can keep one more year at same value

B = must sign to a contract where player's value increases by $5 every year signed (so a $5 DT signed to a 4 year deal is $25 each year of the contract)

I also have 4 first round picks in our 2015 rookie draft

Okay with that as the league details, I am 1-3 I think because of Brady. Eli Manning is on the waiver wire. I have a clear advantage at WR. My only advantage. So do I try to trade DT? I have an offer for DT for Cruz $2 B, Hyde $2 A and likely a good 2015 first round rookie draft pick -- I'm holding off because of giving up my only advantage. This owner also has Antonio Brown $2 B and is a huge Denver fan so I might be able to replace Brown for Cruz. Or do I keep my clear advantage at WR and try to get Manning. I think I'm okay at RB and there isn't a RB I could get that's fair for DT (none of the big 3... well big 2 now that ADP is toast). And I don't think RB is my issue. I think is Brady. He got me 6 points this week.

So my current plan is to keep DT instead of moving him for the Cruz, Hyde, good 1st rounder deal. And maybe bidding high for Eli Manning (and cutting Ladarius Green now that Cameron is through his bye) and hoping he is a good enough QB to carry me through the season (until maybe Manziel gets the job). Am I thinking about this correctly?

How would you try to fix my team?

Thanks Jeff!
Definitely pick up Eli, even at expense of Green. You will be able to keep DT since he will still cheap. But, I would do that deal of DT for Brown and the 1st.

Users who are viewing this thread