What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**TNF on Prime Video - Chargers at Raiders**(-3, 34.5) 8:15 (1 Viewer)

Anybody going with the Raiders D in a playoff game?

Having an internal back-and-forth about it. Big time. Between Atlanta and Las Vegas. The only thing that gives me pause is that Stick didn't look tremendously bad throwing the football, the Chargers will likely rely on Ekeler, and the Raiders offense (this factors into it) can't move the football on their own to establish field position of any sort. Plus, they might turn the ball over deep in their end. They scored zero points last game.

I hate trusting offenses that are that suspect in games a defense has to come up big. I think I'm sticking with Atlanta, even though Atlanta is on the road and their DVOA is about eight spots below Las Vegas's. It's a tough call in the end.

Having an internal back-and-forth about it. Big time. Between Atlanta and Las Vegas. The only thing that gives me pause is that Stick didn't look tremendously bad throwing the football, the Chargers will likely rely on Ekeler, and the Raiders offense (this factors into it) can't move the football on their own to establish field position of any sort. Plus, they might turn the ball over deep in their end. They scored zero points last game.

I hate trusting offenses that are that suspect in games a defense has to come up big. I think I'm sticking with Atlanta, even though Atlanta is on the road and their DVOA is about eight spots below Las Vegas's. It's a tough call in the end.

I'm confused. What does Atlanta have to do with this game. haha. I don't trust Atlanta's offense either fwiw.

I'm confused. What does Atlanta have to do with this game. haha. I don't trust Atlanta's offense either fwiw.

I have a choice between Atlanta's D and Las Vegas's D. I'm trying to balance all of the dynamics of each team and how their defense will perform this week.

I don't trust Atlanta's offense either fwiw.

That's true, though Carolina's defense is 29th in DVOA. What is going to give? Will it be Atlanta's offensive deficiencies or Carolina's defensive deficiencies?

One thing I do know is that Las Vegas's offense is only better than the Jets, Carolina, and the Giants. That's pretty bad.

LV offense is no juggernaut, but the MN D is pretty darn good.

LV seems to be playing pretty hard for Pierce, they're at home, and it is a division matchup. I think they'll play hard. On the other side, feels like LAC could be in serious mail it in mode now.

If Jacobs and Crosby are active, I think LV takes this. Like O'Connell/Jacobs/Adams/Meyers far more than what LAC have left...and we know the LAC D stinks.

You're choice is tough. Two teams I don't trust at all. CAR is due for an upset too.

You're choice is tough.

LV is playing hard for Pierce. Whether that translates into a good result is another entire thing altogether. Zero points is zero points. That's Jets-esque. But the choice is indeed tough. It's compounded by Maxx Crosby's potential unavailability. Lots of moving parts here.

We shall see. I'm inclined to go Atlanta, but I reserve the right to change my mind. Awful lot of backups playing for LA. Think that might tip the scales. So many backups, whereas Carolina has Chuba, Thielen, Chark, and other names.

LA has Quentin Johnston and Josh Palmer and admittedly Ekeler, but . . .

Round and round I go in circles.

You're choice is tough.

LV is playing hard for Pierce. Whether that translates into a good result is another entire thing altogether. Zero points is zero points. That's Jets-esque. But the choice is indeed tough. It's compounded by Maxx Crosby's potential unavailability. Lots of moving parts here.

We shall see. I'm inclined to go Atlanta, but I reserve the right to change my mind. Awful lot of backups playing for LA. Think that might tip the scales. So many backups, whereas Carolina has Chuba, Thielen, Chark, and other names.

LA has Quentin Johnston and Josh Palmer and admittedly Ekeler, but . . .

Round and round I go in circles.

I think Atlanta is a safer play imo. Carolina might be due for an upset only because every week they are due for an upset and fail. Bryce Young does not look good and hasn't shown any signs of justifying a #1 overall pick. Atlanta is in the middle of a playoff race and I expect them to bounce back from their loss last week. Does Bryce Young scare you anymore than Easton Stick, I personally don't think so.

Raiders don't have anything to play for and I'm sure last weeks 3-0 loss to the Vikings was demoralizing for a team that somewhat had hope for a slim playoff chance with a short turn around. I think if Crosby sits, its a no brainer to go Atlanta.

Bryce Young does not look good and hasn't shown any signs of justifying a #1 overall pick. Atlanta is in the middle of a playoff race and I expect them to bounce back from their loss last week. Does Bryce Young scare you anymore than Easton Stick, I personally don't think so.

No, he really doesn't scare me any more than Easton Stick does.

You make good points. I was sticking Atlanta and your points seem to cement that move.

Lot of noise about Staley being fired and I want to just point out the mental health of Herbert
-My POV is this, imagine you go down for the season and the very next day your head coach is fired and allow that to sink in without bias of any kind...hard to do
My point is that Herbert was already feeling awful, why make things worse? Let Staley lead the team until the end of the season, keep telling Herbert everything is OK and then I feel the front office has an obligation to let Herbert know they are going to part ways with Staley and assure him it wasn't his fault.

It's possible Herbert will be relieved but I believe it would set up Herbert for his 3rd head coach going into Year 5?
That's not good for stability and Herbert advancing as a QB in the NFL. Somebody with a lot of experience is likely the answer, not sure who the best coach is for Herbert moving forward.

Lot of noise about Staley being fired ...
...since week 2. He wasn't expected to survive the bye in week 5. A three-game losing streak was supposed to definitely bury him.

Staley will finish out the year because Spanos doesn't see an upside of hiring an interim and definitely doesn't want to pay Staley to not-coach any more games than he has to. How it affects Herbert is likely an afterthought on Dean's part.

No Herbert,no Allen,Jacobs and Adams questionable.
Could The Raiders play in another 3-0 game?
Good old fashioned Thursday Night stinker...

Lost Vegas- 16
Lost Angeles Chargers- 9

If Jacob’s and Crosby were 100% I’d feel better but I’m worried there won’t be many opportunity for sacks and picks with Ekeler handoffs and short pass game.

I know we go through this what seems like every week, but I just wanted to intone that I don't mind Thursday Night Football as a concept. That said, it doesn't work. These guys' bodies just don't heal in time to play effectively.

The players agree to it in the CBA, but it's a bum deal to get thrown into a Thursday night game.

Anyway, I don't want to muck up a positive game thread with negative energy, but I get concerned for the guys that I root for and that I roster in fantasy. I don't want to see them out of commission for an extended period of time because their body hasn't had the chance to heal properly.

Sometimes I feel like the Chargers don't add players.
Ok Stick but...the rest are the same backups we've talked about for years

It's absolutely untrue but they haven't been elite so their roster should be more fluid

This feels like a much worse watch than the NE/Pit game was supposed to be.
I WANTED to see that game. This game feels like the Pampers Bowl between South Ohio City State and West SouthWest Pennsyltucky co-op.

If someone could please post the key inactives for tonight when you see them, that would be greeeaaaaat. MmmK?
Chargers declared TE Donald Parham, WR Keenan Allen, S JT Woods, DB Deane Leonard, LB Amen Ogbongbemiga, DL Otito Ogbonnia and DL Nick Williams inactive for Week 15 against the Raiders.

The Thursday night saga continues as I have to decided on my most important team (#13 in the NFFC prime) in the most important week so far this year (1st week for the $250K tournament)

I need to pick 2 of Adams, Zeke and Swift. Will I choose right ? Probably not. I will either be sick watching Adams catch balls on my bench or be sick as he ghosts me in my lineup.

Hopkins 25 DK 13 I got that one right last week at least.

This game has so many moving parts that it screams "Stay away!"

Nobody can possibly have a bead on even good reasons for a prediction regarding this game.

Users who are viewing this thread