What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Week 1 All Free Agent Team (1 Viewer)

duaneok66

Footballguy
[SIZE=12pt]Yes, it’s week one, but I want to go ahead and start this week with something I did last season a few teams – that is field a team made up of exclusively of Free Agents in my Dynasty League (12 teams – 20 man rosters). I will post an all play record against each team in my league. Then next week I will post the results.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]QB Brandon Weeden[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]The only other viable alternative was Gabbert. Weeden may be improved from last year. Hopefully Norv Turner, the new OC helps him. Jordan Cameron is also supposed to break out. We will see – I don’t think Miami is too tough. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]RB Isaac Redman and LaRod Stephens Howling[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Slim pickings. Basically these were the only guys that were likely to get carries. opefully they will split the load and give us a fantasy surprise.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]WRs Nate Washington, Donnie Avery, and Patrick Edwards[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt] Everyone (including yours truly) left him for dead, but Kendall Wright missed most (or all) of preseason, and Justin Hunter is a rookie who may be inactive on game days, so Nate Washington is still the starter. For how long, who knows. Until then, he is playable. He also was the best WR on the field for the Titans in the preseason. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt] Donnie Avery is also a gimme. He was cut right after the teams in our league added the new rookies. Avery is the #2 in KC, and Reid will surely keep passing as he has done throughout his coaching career. In the 3rd preseason game, QB Alex Smith went to Avery early and often. It was a lot of short stuff, but Avery has been usually known for the deep ball, so maybe his game is finally rounding out. We will see.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt] We will go with Patrick Edwards for the last WR slot. He is supposedly the #2 WR in Detroit. Everyone and their mother knows that Stafford will throw it a ton. Someone has to catch it. Edwards is tiny, but maybe he can make some plays. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]TE Scott Chandler[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt] He should be ready to go after returning from his injury last year. Usually new QBs use their tight ends as a security blanket, so Chandler should see some looks. Remember, before his injury, Chandler did possess some vertical ability. Maybe he still has it.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Defense – KC Chiefs.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt] Yes, they stunk last year. They also had injuries, so they should be better this year. I like Hali, and 2nd year DL Poe should be better. Derrick Johnson is an underrated linebacker – I think their defense will gel this year. Also, the Chiefs get Jacksonville, and Gabbert wilts under any pressure. Pressure leads to sacks. Sacks lead to INTs. Maybe CB Brandon Flowers gets a pick six.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Kicker – Steven Hauschka (Sea)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt] I picked a kicker at random; maybe he will do well if an improved Carolina D can stall some drives and force some field goal attempts.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]See you folks next week.[/SIZE]

Users who are viewing this thread