What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TE Trey McBride, ARZ (2 Viewers)

Already thinking hard about my keep 4 TE premium league next year - I own McBride (FA) and Kincaid (drafted). I'd have to drop Ekeler, but it doesn't seem as ridiculous as it did a few weeks ago.

STUD :football:

Watching today I actually felt stupid. I can't believe I missed this guy's talent by so much. I thought he just seemed decent. After today I was just so impressed with his size, strength, hands and body control. Dude balled out.

If the Cardinals don't draft a QB this guy will get drafted high next season. Well, I guess it depends on if Harrison goes there.

Already thinking hard about my keep 4 TE premium league next year - I own McBride (FA) and Kincaid (drafted). I'd have to drop Ekeler, but it doesn't seem as ridiculous as it did a few weeks ago.

STUD :football:
Drop Ekeler, he's done. McBride is going to be a top 5 TE going forward especially in a TE premium league. You don't get a chance to roster young talented TEs very often and you have two of them. Congrats.

The goods. Makes plays at every level.

Forget just TE but include WRs too, he absolutely has to rank highly over his last 7 games played as a receiver (had bye last week). He's caught at least 7 passes and 60 or more yards in 5 of last 7 games.

Hell of a mid-season pickup for us lucky SOBs.

Real men of culture drafted him in August (and dropped him a few weeks later, but we won't talk about that).

His ascension reminds me of Andrews. They both flashed a lot in college and were high-ish picks, but then just came in and looked even better than the rosiest evaluations could've imagined. I always knew McBride was good, but didn't know he had top 5 TE upside.

Hell of a mid-season pickup for us lucky SOBs.

Real men of culture drafted him in August (and dropped him a few weeks later, but we won't talk about that).

His ascension reminds me of Andrews. They both flashed a lot in college and were high-ish picks, but then just came in and looked even better than the rosiest evaluations could've imagined. I always knew McBride was good, but didn't know he had top 5 TE upside.
I think some of the trepidation for many was the landing spot - being behind Ertz and on a team that hasn’t traditionally featured the tight end. New coach, new offense though and things have obviously changed.

The only thing that causes me pause is that there are no other options in the passing game. On one hand, I doubt the volume will remain once Brown is healthy or they bring in a free agent or draft a WR. On the other, he is drawing all the attention and feasting.

I don't think I can push him up over LaPorta, Hock, and Andrews yet, but its getting close.

The only thing that causes me pause is that there are no other options in the passing game. On one hand, I doubt the volume will remain once Brown is healthy or they bring in a free agent or draft a WR. On the other, he is drawing all the attention and feasting.

I don't think I can push him up over LaPorta, Hock, and Andrews yet, but it’s getting close.
If they draft Harrison, the calculus may change a bit but McBride would still be at worst the #2 target in the passing game.

I don't think I can push him up over LaPorta, Hock, and Andrews yet, but it’s getting close.
If they draft Harrison, the calculus may change a bit but McBride would still be at worst the #2 target in the passing game.
Yep. And that's all you can ask for.

I'd be concerned if they draft Harrison. Well, as far as him being the top TE in fantasy.

Desperately want to get him in my lineup this week. Already have Kelce, but McBride is dying to get into one of my two flex spots.

Would have to bench one of D. Montgomery or R. Mostert.

Chicago statistically the 5th worst in points against TEs (even though that D is on absolute fire). Njoku destroyed them this past week, but Laporta did zippo the week before. Hockenson has had two pretty good games and Kelce also killed them.

With M. Sweat screaming off the line at Murray could be a lot of quick throws to McBride.

Desperately want to get him in my lineup this week. Already have Kelce, but McBride is dying to get into one of my two flex spots.

Chicago statistically the 5th worst in points against TEs (even though that D is on absolute fire). Njoku destroyed them this past week, but Laporta did zippo the week before. Hockenson has had two pretty good games and Kelce also killed them.

With M. Sweat screaming off the line at Murray could be a lot of quick throws to McBride.
Start him over Kelce lol.

B E A S T

Are any dynasty owners considering selling? AZ has few receiving options. McBride has looked great, but that has surely helped his fantasy cause.

That may not be so dumb.

That may not be so dumb.
He’s been my best option so I’ve been starting him in my flex for a few weeks and I’ve enjoyed the ride. He basically puts up solid WR numbers.

If I were ranking dynasty TEs, given his age and his QB I would have no problem making him my TE1 even if they add an alpha WR. He may even be more dangerous with a threat on the outside that safeties have to pay attention to.

ETA - LaPorta ultimately would probably be my 1, but McBride would be considered.

Last edited:
B E A S T

Are any dynasty owners considering selling? AZ has few receiving options. McBride has looked great, but that has surely helped his fantasy cause.

In a 1 QB FFPC league (TEs get 1.5 PPR), after week 11, I traded Jayden Reed, Kadarius Toney and a R2 (which now looks to be early) for McBride and Alexander Mattison.

I think in FFPC, McBride could likely fetch a late 1st now.

Users who are viewing this thread