What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Waiver Wire Targets week 10 (1 Viewer)

Hartliner

Footballguy
Some names I'm looking at in all leagues

QB: Kyler Murray, Josh Dobbs
RB: Keaton Mitchell, Lotto RBs: Spears/Charb/Bigsby
WR: Tank Dell, JSN, Demario Douglas, Michael Wilson
TE: Trey McBride, Daniel Schultz, Jonnu Smith

Sorry, Did not see the legendary thread at all. Feel free to merge when the official one is made?

So, the issue at this juncture is who do I drop for what is out there.

Guys I like on the waiver wire in one league:

Noah Brown
Mims
Mooney
Juju
Michael Wilson

But I have some of the other waiver wire darlings on the team already: Shakir and Douglas

At RB the guys out there are Mitchell, Demercado, Ty Chandler, and Josh Kelly but I don't see a need for them (A. I have good RBs and their backups, and B) I think all of those guys are in crappy commitees).

TE and QB the cupboard is bare: Conklin and Juwan vs. Bryce, Pickett, Wilson and worse.

So let's rank the guys on the wire...

Douglas is the #1 to me.
Brown likely 2
Shakir maybe 3?
Mims if you believe the broncos at 4.
Mooney I believe is fools gold.
Juju even more so (23 snaps? Thorton may actually be ther better bet bc Mac was targeting him more)
and then Wilson. (I believe he is a lotto ticket with Murray coming back)

Mitchell may be a "flex" Achane light kind of player but Baltimore is all over the place right now (and winning on D). Also, the Ravens play The Brown defense this week. So I'd likey put him ahead of Mims but behind the other 3 (Obviously higher if you have a real RB need).

Guys I can Drop for the above are Lenny F, Shakir I guess, and then Goedert but I am going to hold him for the playoffs.

I expect the bidding to be high on Mitchell and Brown. Everyone else should be cheap-ish.

This is the part of the year where the new blood on the WW trickles to not more than much of a drip and I make this disclaimer: First step to the WW is always to see who got dropped last week who maybe shouldnt or who was very productive this week just after the drop. One mans trash can be another mans treasure. Believe it or not both Kyler Murray AND CJ stroud were dropped this past week in my league. I expect stroud to go for WAY too much FAAB than I can afford so my sights are sat on Murray (who has a better playoff schedule anyway).....
SF defense got dropped due to bye week and you could do worse this week vs Jax
Jonnu Smith was dropped and he surely is an acceptable bye week filler and maybe even starter as he sits #11 in my league.

Somebody is going to be a big winner with the Murray return. You can feel it in the air. I've been banking since day one it would be Hollywood, he's there taking up bench space right now. I'm excited.

I dipped my toe in the Michael Wilson waters but had to drop him for a bye play. Just due to the relative lack of time with Murray, I don't think he's an immediate beneficiary.
Got outbid for McBride. If he's on waivers, he's a must add. His floor is a lot of TEs ceilings.

But the big winner....?

If you can trade for James Conner on the cheap, I think he's the BIG winner when the dust settles. Shouldn't be on waivers, but you might have a sleepy owner who's forgotten about him since he's been out with an injury.

Cam Akers injury opens up value for Ty Chandler (may have been dropped when Vikes got Akers)

Not a league winner, but he's got burst.

FAAB Lab

Crowd sourced tool from the Reddit fantasy football community.

How it works:​

• Below are the top waiver wire adds for the week​

• Submit what you plan to bid in your league (bids are in % of start of season FAAB)​

• Zero % bids will not be stored, but will allow you to see the data​

• After submission, the consensus data will be shown to you​

• Use the crowdsourced data to get an edge in your league​

A few results of common adds this week:

Keaton Mitchell - RB​

Baltimore Ravens​

Average Bid: 19.65%​

Median Bid: 15%​

Most Common Bid: 10%​

Number of Bids: 543​

Tank Dell - WR​

Houston Texans​

Average Bid: 27.75%​

Median Bid: 20%​

Most Common Bid: 20%​

Number of Bids: 200​

Zach Charbonnet - RB​

Seattle Seahawks​

Average Bid: 13.12%​

Median Bid: 10%​

Most Common Bid: 5%​

Number of Bids: 123​

Joshua Dobbs - QB​

Minnesota Vikings​

Average Bid: 11.43%​

Median Bid: 8%​

Number of Bids: 83​

Tyjae Spears - RB​

Tennessee Titans​

Average Bid: 13.43%​

Median Bid: 6%​

Number of Bids: 28​

Demario Douglas - WR​

New England Patriots​

Average Bid: 12.88%​

Median Bid: 8%​

Number of Bids: 16​

Jonnu Smith - TE​

Atlanta Falcons​

Average Bid: 11.23%​

Median Bid: 5%​

Number of Bids: 13​

Tank Bigsby - RB​

Jacksonville Jaguars​

Average Bid: 21.17%​

Median Bid: 10%​

Number of Bids: 6​

My leagues are priority, not FAAB, but I'm targeting Mitchell in both. I'm not saying he is Achane Jr, but you could do worse than to target the big-play speed guy on a high-flying offense. Plus, it can be very hard to get high-upside guys later in the season, so I think it's worth investing in his upside

My leagues are priority, not FAAB, but I'm targeting Mitchell in both. I'm not saying he is Achane Jr, but you could do worse than to target the big-play speed guy on a high-flying offense. Plus, it can be very hard to get high-upside guys later in the season, so I think it's worth investing in his upside
Mitchell will go to the team with the top priority in most leagues. I'm 7th out of 14 and expect him to be long gone.

They bye in week 13 is a slight negative.

If you can trade for James Conner on the cheap, I think he's the BIG winner when the dust settles. Shouldn't be on waivers, but you might have a sleepy owner who's forgotten about him since he's been out with an injury.
The only thing that concerns me about Conner is his week 13 is at Pitt and then he gets a bye and then comes back at Week 15 against SF. So three weeks where what I have to give up now to get him may not be worth the return in a proposed trade.

I'm passing on Mitchell as my roster is tight and my FAAB is low.

I think Otton is the TE to own. Jonnu has been that quiet consistent guy and maybe he sticks all year like Corderelle did a few years ago but not sure. Juan Johnson is probably the free option now that Taysom is hitting.

Where would you guys slot Warren in the ranking of RBs mentioned already?
Assume you mean the high-end handcuffs, I think he has the most standalone value, because he’s playing behind the weakest RB1, but I’m not sure of his ceiling with that offense. Then again, it’s not like Spears or Charbonnet are playing for the ‘07 Pats either

Assume you mean the high-end handcuffs, I think he has the most standalone value, because he’s playing behind the weakest RB1, but I’m not sure of his ceiling with that offense. Then again, it’s not like Spears or Charbonnet are playing for the ‘07 Pats either
Thanks, yea I have him ahead of those guys as well as Foreman and Mitchell.

Thanks, yea I have him ahead of those guys as well as Foreman and Mitchell.
I can see the argument for Spears in the sense that, if you told me every one of those guys could get the backfield to themselves, he’d be the one I’d want. But it’s close, and Warren’s stand-alone value probably makes him a better pickup. Plus there’s still an outside chance he actually surpasses Najee as the RB1

Problem with Mooney is Bagent isn’t the qb most likely.
Khalil Herbert was dropped in one of my leagues. Assume he is the top option above Mitchell and others.
seems like a 4-headed backfield when he returns. Evans has been cutting into the carries. It’ll be even worse if Fields returns and steals TD attempts from the others.

Khalil Herbert was dropped in one of my leagues. Assume he is the top option above Mitchell and others.
seems like a 4-headed backfield when he returns. Evans has been cutting into the carries. It’ll be even worse if Fields returns and steals TD attempts from the others.
I disagree with this. 4 rbs won't be active. Also roschon got 2 carries last game. I think it's Herbert's backfield with Foreman giving him some relief.

Mitchell will go to the team with the top priority in most leagues. I'm 7th out of 14 and expect him to be long gone.

I was wrong. I got him at 7th priority. I won't use him this week (CLE) but could be a flex in future weeks. Maybe I overrated him. We'll see if he eats much into Hill's carries or receptions. He was considered a very good receiver in college. Pass pro is a big concern. At least I removed him from my opponent's lineups.

Somebody is going to be a big winner with the Murray return. You can feel it in the air. I've been banking since day one it would be Hollywood, he's there taking up bench space right now. I'm excited.

I dipped my toe in the Michael Wilson waters but had to drop him for a bye play. Just due to the relative lack of time with Murray, I don't think he's an immediate beneficiary.
Got outbid for McBride. If he's on waivers, he's a must add. His floor is a lot of TEs ceilings.

But the big winner....?

I needed a Bye week fill for Hurts, you sold me on Murray

I was wrong. I got him at 7th priority. I won't use him this week (CLE) but could be a flex in future weeks. Maybe I overrated him. We'll see if he eats much into Hill's carries or receptions. He was considered a very good receiver in college. Pass pro is a big concern. At least I removed him from my opponent's lineups.
Yea almost same thing for me, we use FAAB and I have been very active so just bid what I could and won him with $2. This is a 20 year league, maybe folks are just tuned out Bal RBBC and figure it is a one week wonder, next closest bid was $0....

Would only be a backup, but Murray is available at QB. Trade in Howell for him in redraft?
I might stick with Howell - he's putting up numbers and is throwing the ball a ton (I read 2nd in the NFL in passing attempts). Who knows how Murray will look being out so long, and he may not be running a lot off the bat after his ACL tear.

I think Otton is the TE to own. Jonnu has been that quiet consistent guy and maybe he sticks all year like Corderelle did a few years ago but not sure. Juan Johnson is probably the free option now that Taysom is hitting.
I like Otton. I needed a fill-in for a TE-premium league with Waller hurt and Engram on bye and hit big last week. 9 targets led the team. Sign of things to come?

I like Otton. I needed a fill-in for a TE-premium league with Waller hurt and Engram on bye and hit big last week. 9 targets led the team. Sign of things to come?
I'm hoping so. Otton has 21 targets for 15-140-2 over the last 3 games. Plus he's on the field almost 100% of the snaps in that time.

I’m in on Otton also this week. Kelce/Goedert

Fournette or Otton the better add? Basically, filling a bench spot due to def/st team bye and dropping vikings.

I disagree with this. 4 rbs won't be active. Also roschon got 2 carries last game. I think it's Herbert's backfield with Foreman giving him some relief.
Yeah, I think Herbert will be the king of a very small hill. Also, Chicago faces a tough slate of run Ds ROS

I have Goedert on a BYE (plus he's dinged up) with Pitts as a backup (redraft league).
Is anyone dropping Pitts for either Otton or Engram - both currently on the wire - for a one week rental or even ROS?
Yes, Otton lit it up last week but otherwise Pitts arguably has a safer albeit paltry floor.
Engram had 7+ targets in 7 straight weeks including 10 in the game before the BYE - that can't be overlooked.

Users who are viewing this thread