What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Waiver Wire Targets week 10 (1 Viewer)

Would only be a backup, but Murray is available at QB. Trade in Howell for him in redraft?
I might stick with Howell - he's putting up numbers and is throwing the ball a ton (I read 2nd in the NFL in passing attempts). Who knows how Murray will look being out so long, and he may not be running a lot off the bat after his ACL tear.
He also has the most drop backs in the league by 100+. Mahomes is second. Bad defense as well so honestly I like both. Very tough decision.

I have Goedert on a BYE (plus he's dinged up) with Pitts as a backup (redraft league).
Is anyone dropping Pitts for either Otton or Engram - both currently on the wire - for a one week rental or even ROS?
Yes, Otton lit it up last week but otherwise Pitts arguably has a safer albeit paltry floor.
Engram had 7+ targets in 7 straight weeks including 10 in the game before the BYE - that can't be overlooked.
I don't own any shares of Pitts so it's easy for me to say drop him for those choices, so take it with a grain of salt, but I would drop him for either one of those players. One thing though, Pitts has name rec, so do a quick check with a team weak at TE and see if you can pull off a minor deal before just flat dropping him.

Would only be a backup, but Murray is available at QB. Trade in Howell for him in redraft?
I don't know anything, but I might do that. Howell will be slinging it all year for Washington since 1) their defense isn't so hot, and 2) their offense generates a lot of yards but not so many points. Howell, with his drawbacks, is who they depend on each game. And if I remember correctly Murray wasn't all that great in his last few starts awhile ago.

I have Goedert on a BYE (plus he's dinged up) with Pitts as a backup (redraft league).
Is anyone dropping Pitts for either Otton or Engram - both currently on the wire - for a one week rental or even ROS?
Yes, Otton lit it up last week but otherwise Pitts arguably has a safer albeit paltry floor.
Engram had 7+ targets in 7 straight weeks including 10 in the game before the BYE - that can't be overlooked.
Engram is on your wire? Pick him up immediately. He isn't just some bye week filler TE. He is TE3 in receptions and targets, but he isn't getting the recognition because he hasn't scored a TD yet. In fact, he is the only TE in the top 20 without a TD. Stop reading this and go grab him!

Grab Engram. No questions asked. If he's gone by the time you read this, Otton seems to be building a nice rapport with Baker the last 3 weeks.

Rondale Moore was good with Kyler last year, maybe worth a look in deeper leagues.
didn't consider this, took Wilson as the lottery there instead of Moore. if given the choice, which would everyone take between Wilson and Moore?
Wilson isn’t available in my league so it made my choice easy but it’s a toss up at this point. Wilson has shown flashes this year while Moore has been used as a gadget guy so far. New coach so it might be a different story with Moore in regards to getting a lot of looks from Murray this season.

Last edited:
Rondale Moore was good with Kyler last year, maybe worth a look in deeper leagues.
didn't consider this, took Wilson as the lottery there instead of Moore. if given the choice, which would everyone take between Wilson and Moore?
Moore has the better pedigree but they are different receivers. He is a slot guy who can be moved around for some gadget plays and has some speed to his game. Athletically Wilson doesn't wow me or anything.

Moore also has the benefit of an extra year in the offense.

I like him a little better and think Wilson is just more of a JAG. Someone has to eat though right?

Moore has the better pedigree but they are different receivers. He is a slot guy who can be moved around for some gadget plays and has some speed to his game. Athletically Wilson doesn't wow me or anything.

Moore also has the benefit of an extra year in the offense.

I like him a little better and think Wilson is just more of a JAG. Someone has to eat though right?
Yeah my guess is Murray is going to boost one of these WRs values to relevancy, just have to wait and see. It also wouldn’t surprise me if McBride is the main beneficiary and the WRs besides Hollywood just get a slight bump.

Aaron Jones limited in practice this week.

Fire up the Emanuel Wilson hype train. Ripped off a 31 yarder right before the victory formation last week. Looked eerily similar to the 80 yarder he ripped off in preseason.

Up to 11 carries for 73 yards on the year.

Week 9 RB opportunities (carries + targets):
  • Aaron Jones - 26
  • A.J. Dillon - 10
  • Emanuel Wilson - 4
Snap counts:
  • Aaron Jones (RB): 57%
  • AJ Dillon (RB): 40%
  • Emanuel Wilson (RB): 11%
At some point this season - maybe not Week 10 - the Packers will concede it's a lost season. They're 3 games back, next 4 are at PIT, LAC, at DET, KC. AJ Dillon has one foot out the door. They might want to see what they have at RB3.

Late in the year he'll have one of those weird "who's that guy?" games during the fantasy playoffs. Monitor snap counts to see if/when he starts to supplant Dillon as the backup. Led the NFL in rushing during preseason (38-223-5.9-2), made the 53-man as a D-II UDFA. Wears #31 if you're scoring at home. Desperation play but just in case you catch an injury bug late, stick a pin this one. Every year we see these kind of players put a week or three of solid produciton.

RAS

0% owned

Fire up the Emanuel Wilson hype train. Ripped off a 31 yarder right before the victory formation last week. Looked eerily similar to the 80 yarder he ripped off in preseason.

Up to 11 carries for 73 yards on the year.

Week 9 RB opportunities (carries + targets):
  • Aaron Jones - 26
  • A.J. Dillon - 10
  • Emanuel Wilson - 4
Snap counts:
  • Aaron Jones (RB): 57%
  • AJ Dillon (RB): 40%
  • Emanuel Wilson (RB): 11%
At some point this season - maybe not Week 10 - the Packers will concede it's a lost season. They're 3 games back, next 4 are at PIT, LAC, at DET, KC. AJ Dillon has one foot out the door. They might want to see what they have at RB3.

Late in the year he'll have one of those weird "who's that guy?" games during the fantasy playoffs. Monitor snap counts to see if/when he starts to supplant Dillon as the backup. Led the NFL in rushing during preseason (38-223-5.9-2), made the 53-man as a D-II UDFA. Wears #31 if you're scoring at home. Desperation play but just in case you catch an injury bug late, stick a pin this one. Every year we see these kind of players put a week or three of solid produciton.

RAS

0% owned
Wow. Thank you sir for the heads up
That's one of the reasons I love this site. Good luck this week.

Anyone hard up at RB might want to look at Ty Chandler.

With the Achilles for Akers, the OC has been talking up an increased role for Chandler.

Chances are good he’s on the wire in redraft leagues.

Not saying he’ll be a monster, but he could give ya 10 PPR points if things break right.

With the Achilles for Akers, the OC has been talking up an increased role for Chandler.

Not saying he’ll be a monster, but he could give ya 10 PPR points if things break right.
I keep coming back to him and picked him up just recently. Not expecting a league winner but could be a fantasy RB3/flex if he can fill Mattison’s spot eventually. Next man up at RB on a decent offense. Can never have too many useful fantasy RBs but you can have not enough.

I want it to happen for Ty Chandler but they traded for Akers for a reason. Did Chandler somehow get better 3 weeks later?
That’s one way to look at it. Another version is it was much publicized that Akers was done in LA, and his former OC pounced on getting more talent basically for free - even though he likes Chandler. It’s not like having Mattison/Chandler is being RB rich.

Had him in one league and was able to get him in the six others (all dynasty). Wouldn't it be a hoot if he actually paid dividends.

Vikings have averaged 2.82 YPC the last 3, 2.97 the last 5. Guess what, couldn't run when Kirk & JJ were healthy either - 79 yards per game WKs 1-4 (bottom quartile.)

Outside of Darrisaw their OL is very suspect.

If you can trade for James Conner on the cheap, I think he's the BIG winner when the dust settles. Shouldn't be on waivers, but you might have a sleepy owner who's forgotten about him since he's been out with an injury.
The only thing that concerns me about Conner is his week 13 is at Pitt and then he gets a bye and then comes back at Week 15 against SF. So three weeks where what I have to give up now to get him may not be worth the return in a proposed trade.
Going though this thread now and you beat me to the downside of acquiring Conner.

Vikings have averaged 2.82 YPC the last 3, 2.97 the last 5. Guess what, couldn't run when Kirk & JJ were healthy either - 79 yards per game WKs 1-4 (bottom quartile.) Outside of Darrisaw their OL is very suspect.
Not to suggest otherwise but I remember reading about the players they released & a focus on retaining their OL. Going back, as you'll recall, a philosophical shift away from the run with the hiring of Kevin O'Connell. I've been critical but this past week, the acquisition of Joshua Dobbs & in short order into the game he goes & produces. Ha-ha, my opinion of O'Connell, a complete 180. Given the injury to Osborn I added Brandon Powell. I think WR Kyle Philips (TEN) is an interesting speculative add.

Fire up the Emanuel Wilson hype train. Ripped off a 31 yarder right before the victory formation last week. Looked eerily similar to the 80 yarder he ripped off in preseason
...Snip...

Loved watching him in the pre-season, but his snaps will depend on if he's learned to pass block better than Dillon. He's shown a lot more juice than Dillon, but with this being Loves first year as a starter, they'll value pass blocking ability far more than raw running talent.

Jones is still the back to own on this team. Stash Wilson for dynasty though.

Had him in one league and was able to get him in the six others (all dynasty). Wouldn't it be a hoot if he actually paid dividends.
:pickle:

Just had a 35 yard TD run called back.

I was working and really could’ve gone all day not knowing this and be content.
:sadbanana:

What happened, holding?

I was working and really could’ve gone all day not knowing this and be content.
:sadbanana:

What happened, holding?
I beli that was it.

Not sure if anyone has brought him up but I would add Rico Dowdle if you have an empty spot. Pollard hasn’t looked the same since the ankle injury and Dowdle looked to have some juice yesterday. He could be a bell cow if Pollard goes down as well and he’s a smaller RB as it is.

Not sure if anyone has brought him up but I would add Rico Dowdle if you have an empty spot. Pollard hasn’t looked the same since the ankle injury and Dowdle looked to have some juice yesterday. He could be a bell cow if Pollard goes down as well and he’s a smaller RB as it is.
Pollard is 6’0”; 209
Dowdle is 6’1”; 215

Not sure dowdle is any more/less suited to be a bell cow (based on size) than Pollard is.

Pollard is 6’0”; 209
Dowdle is 6’1”; 215

Not sure dowdle is any more/less suited to be a bell cow (based on size) than Pollard is.
If Pollard got hurt they really don’t have anyone else ?

Pollard is 6’0”; 209
Dowdle is 6’1”; 215

Deuce something or other?

Pollard is 6’0”; 209
Dowdle is 6’1”; 215

21 Carries for 38 yards? No not Deuce

Pollard is 6’0”; 209
Dowdle is 6’1”; 215

Someone off the street

Pollard is 6’0”; 209
Dowdle is 6’1”; 215

Someone off the street
Dowdle is more than capable.

Pollard is 6’0”; 209
Dowdle is 6’1”; 215

Someone off the street
Malik Davis is on the PS afaik

Pollard is 6’0”; 209
Dowdle is 6’1”; 215

Someone off the street

This

Pollard is 6’0”; 209
Dowdle is 6’1”; 215

Someone off the street
Go ahead and pick up Malik Davis instead of Rico

Pollard is 6’0”; 209
Dowdle is 6’1”; 215

Someone off the street

No thanks. Got 3 started & 3 capable reserves.
Pollard is 6’0”; 209
Dowdle is 6’1”; 215

Someone off the street

just making small talk here

have Gibbs, Gibson, Hall, Mitchell, Pacheco, Warren

edit FTR, I repeat myself IRL as well lol

Last edited:
Pollard is 6’0”; 209
Dowdle is 6’1”; 215

Someone off the street
Someone posted asking what the cowboys would do if pollard got hurt. Unless I read it wrong?
Another poster wrote someone off the street. I was just pointing out they would probably move Davis up to the 53 instead of I’d signing someone off the street 🤷🏻‍♂️

Ty Chandler and Darrell Henderson are the only two I'm gonna spend time on. I don't need a RB but my opponent has an empty spot this week. I got 40 left of 100 and will put it on one of them. Now which one. Hmmm

Pollard is 6’0”; 209
Dowdle is 6’1”; 215

Someone off the street
Someone posted asking what the cowboys would do if pollard got hurt. Unless I read it wrong?
Another poster wrote someone off the street. I was just pointing out they would probably move Davis up to the 53 instead of I’d signing someone off the street 🤷🏻‍♂️

I was agreeing with you. I thought I was being agreeable. Some folks like to be aggressive in their proclamations. I'm a duck, rolls off my back like water.

(ideally.....sometimes I get triggered, which is usually a signal NOW would be a good time to go outside and touch some grass.)

Users who are viewing this thread