What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TE Trey McBride, ARZ (2 Viewers)

BAL has given up the 2nd fewest points to TE in PPR

CLE (Wk 9) has given up the fewest points to TE in PPR

GLA
I'm not starting him. Just making my bench stronger hoping he breaks out later with better matchups. Anything can happen though, he might have a really good game especially since he will be on my bench.

I believe I read today that Ertz was #6 YTD in TE targets. Those targets have to go somewhere so why not McBride.
Unfortunately it’s not that simple - targets have to be earned. I think Bake has the ability and has flashed before, but let’s see if he procure the same target level.

Anybody have an idea of the severity of Zach Ertz’s quad injury and if his IR stint is going to go longer than four weeks? Considering shipping LaPorta if McBride is going to do more of this RoS.

Espn shows 14 targets! There's no way that's sustainable but after the road trip to Cleveland the schedule looks pretty good. Going to be 100% rostered this week.

Ultimately, he was the first TE drafted in his class for a reason. He's good. I'm happy to see him finally get consistent opportunities. I thought this would be his season after his mini-breakout in the final stretch of 2022, but we had to wait for Ertz to get pipped. Now it looks like the McBride show for the rest of the year. He's probably a mandatory start unless you have Kelce/Andrews/Kittle. My only gripe is that his breakout happened too late to save my putrid redraft team this season. 💀

What do we think it McBride's value in a trade? Consistent TEs are very valuable, especially in a 12 team league.

I picked him up a couple weeks ago for a bye week replacement for Kelce. Now I don't know what to do.

Tempted to probe the market for TE needy teams, but McBride could be flex worthy now. From the film, he could be the next great TE.

Kelce
Andrews
Hockinson
McBride

What do we think it McBride's value in a trade? Consistent TEs are very valuable, especially in a 12 team league.

I picked him up a couple weeks ago for a bye week replacement for Kelce. Now I don't know what to do.

Tempted to probe the market for TE needy teams, but McBride could be flex worthy now. From the film, he could be the next great TE.

Kelce
Andrews
Hockinson
McBride
I had Kelce/LaPorta in my dynasty league. Traded Kelce last week in a package so I could go with LaPorta. I recieved McBride in return as part of that package. So I went from Kelce/LaPorta dilema to LaPorta/McBride dilema. LOL

I might shop McBride after the great week he had. My league is a 10 teamer, so a little tough to get good value for a TE.

Love McBride and he'd be in my Top 5 TE ROS if knew Ertz wasn't going to return with Kyler at QB. All indications Ertz will return this season. McBride is making plays at every level.

I don't play dynasty but if I didn't have a long term option at TE, he'd be a target as I'd presume he'll come cheaper than LaPorta/Kincaid etc....

Was offered a late 1st (my own I had traded away) for McBride in a 16 teamer. Considered it since I have Andrews but just can’t see me getting a better player at pick 15/16.

Kelce
Andrews
Hockinson
McBride
I had Kelce/LaPorta in my dynasty league. Traded Kelce last week in a package so I could go with LaPorta. I recieved McBride in return as part of that package. So I went from Kelce/LaPorta dilema to LaPorta/McBride dilema. LOL

I might shop McBride after the great week he had. My league is a 10 teamer, so a little tough to get good value for a TE.
I've got the same dilemma. LaPorta has been great for me, but I'm leaning towards McBride next week. Not sure I could swing a trade that makes sense for me.

Kelce
Andrews
Hockinson
McBride

I've got the same dilemma. LaPorta has been great for me, but I'm leaning towards McBride next week. Not sure I could swing a trade that makes sense for me.
I believe HOU is worst in the league at defending TEs.

Kelce
Andrews
Hockinson
McBride

Thinking of just flexing McBride and rolling with him there ROS if his targets stay steady. If I had to choose only one, prob McBride. Feels weird to say after how great LaPorta has been since the beginning of the season. But it looks like McB is the #1 or at the least the 1B in AZ, while LaPorta will never be the top target over ARSB in Detroit.

I'm not worried even if Ertz comes back. McBride is the real deal.
Yeah, would hope the Cardinals aren’t that stupid if Ertz does make it back.
I actually went on a McBride pick up spree before Ertz got hurt as it looked like a changing of the guard was taking place. It was close but McBride had got more snaps, was running more pass routes and targets then Ertz in his last two games.

My thought was Ertz was going to get traded but then he got hurt.

Gannon seems to be doing an strong job with Arizona but one of the few things I question with him is why they went so heavy on their Ertz usage early in the year? Either way he seemed to be changing that and I got no thought at all about Ertz being the main TE if he returns. Just a matter of how much a dent he might put in McBride. I expect it would be very minimal.

Some coaches will not replace veterans unless they are not performing. In this case though you clearly see superior talent in Tray and they are rebuilding.
Anybody who has ever watched football can see this guy jump off the film. He easily passes the eye test and more.

I swear he's Kelce...two years ago.

May be difficult to get out of my lineup. And I own Kelce.

Some coaches will not replace veterans unless they are not performing. In this case though you clearly see superior talent in Tray and they are rebuilding.
Anybody who has ever watched football can see this guy jump off the film. He easily passes the eye test and more.

Im playing both this week. HOU matchup too good.

I shopped McBride (I own Hockenson) and his value isn't high right now. All 3 TE needy owners turned down any offer with McBride......all wanted Hockenson and not pay me enough.

If you can, wait another week and he pops again, value will go up.

Im playing both this week. HOU matchup too good.
Same. Picked him up early to cover Kelce's bye- now I can't see sitting him.

Trey McBride (groin) did not practice Wednesday.

McBride was in uniform for the session but worked off to the side, ultimately going down as a DNP. Not much is known about his injury as of Wednesday. Should he be forced to miss Week 13, rookie Elijah Higgins and veteran Geoff Swaim would both see reps. Neither would be an ideal streaming option at tight end.

Releasing Ertz would seem to be a good sign they aren't too worried about his injury?
Hard to say. It’s a lost season for them, so maybe just an opportunity to shed some salary with Ertz take a look at other guys on the roster even beyond McBride.

Users who are viewing this thread