What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TE Dawson Knox, BUF (5 Viewers)

Bills TE Dawson Knox (concussion) has been ruled out for Week 3. 

Knox will miss at least this week in the concussion protocol. Buffalo should run more four-wide sets with Gabriel Davis with Knox out. Tyler Kroft will pick up Knox's snaps.

Sep 25, 2020, 10:50 AM ET

Bills TE Dawson Knox (concussion) has been ruled out for Week 3. 

Knox will miss at least this week in the concussion protocol. Buffalo should run more four-wide sets with Gabriel Davis with Knox out. Tyler Kroft will pick up Knox's snaps.

Sep 25, 2020, 10:50 AM ET
He's also been ruled off my fantasy football league property.  If he shows up again I'll call the police.

Bills TE Dawson Knox (concussion) practiced fully on Thursday. 

Tight ends Tyler Kroft and Lee Smith combined for three touchdown catches last week with Knox out. Knox wasn't high on the Bills' pecking order before the concussion, catching three balls for 62 yards on six targets in the season's first two weeks. He'll be a last-resort tight end streaming option against the Raiders. 

SOURCE: Chris Brown on Twitter 

Oct 1, 2020, 3:45 PM ET

Dawson Knox (calf) left Week 5's game against the Titans.

Knox was quiet before leaving, catching 1-of-3 targets for 15 yards. He had a drop in the middle of the field, as well. The Bills' passing offense has surprised many, but it hasn't translated down to box score production for Knox. He's the No. 5 target with Buffalo using a fourth receiver and their running backs in the passing game. Knox is unlikely to be an every-week TE2 in 2020.

Oct 13, 2020, 10:53 PM ET

Bills TE Dawson Knox (calf) did not practice Thursday. 

Knox managed one receptions on three targets before leaving Tuesday's game with the calf injury. Tyler Kroft then played 49 percent of the Bills' offensive snaps. He did not draw a target. Kroft would be a completely touchdown dependent Week 6 option if Knox is inactive. 

RELATED: 

Tyler Kroft

SOURCE: Buffalo Bills on Twitter 

Oct 15, 2020, 3:30 PM ET

Bills activated TE Dawson Knox from the reserve/COVID list.

Knox hadn't seen more than three targets in any game this year prior to coming into "close contact" with Bills' blocking TE Lee Smith. Tyler Kroft, who has totaled 6/82 receiving the past three weeks without Knox, will presumably head back to the bench.

SOURCE: Sal Capaccio on Twitter

Nov 5, 2020, 12:54 PM ET

Bills WR Dawson Knox (calf) is active for Week 9 against the Seahawks. 

Activated from the COVID-19 list on Thursday, Knox failed to get in a full practice, but he is good to go for this potential shootout. The Seahawks are tougher against tight ends than wide receivers, but the potential scoring environment gives Knox some last-gasp TE2 appeal. Inactive for the Bills are QB Jake Fromm, RB T.J. Yeldon, RB Taiwan Jones, TE Lee Smith, C Mitch Morse, DT Harrison Phillips and CB Josh Norman.

Nov 8, 2020, 11:33 AM ET

Dawson Knox caught 2-of-3 targets for five yards and a touchdown in the Bills' Wild Card Weekend win over the Colts. 

Knox was on the receiving end of an improvised first quarter push pass from Josh Allen as the quarterback abandoned a designed run and spotted Knox in the back of the end zone. Knox was uninvolved from there. He's a touchdown-dependent fantasy option as long as Cole Beasley is in the Buffalo lineup. 

- Rotoworld

Dawson Knox caught 2-of-2 targets for 18 yards in the Bills' Divisional Round win over the Ravens.

At best the No. 4 or No. 5 target, Dawson was a part-time route runner with the Bills utilizing four-receiver sets at league-high rates. His production is tied to random touchdowns. The Bills will travel to Kansas City for the AFC Championship if the Chiefs beat the Browns on Sunday. Knox will project for two or three receptions then.

- Rotoworld

Dawson Knox caught 6-of-8 targets for 42 yards and one touchdown in the Bills' AFC Championship loss to the Chiefs.

The targets tied a season high for Knox while the six grabs were his most of the year. Knox's sophomore campaign was pretty similar to his rookie one, producing a 24-288-3 line on 44 targets after turning 50 looks into 28-388-2 last season. Knox has a ton of athleticism and a nose for the end zone with two playoff scores, but he's unlikely to be drafted inside the top 12 tight ends in 2021 fantasy leagues. Still, there's hope for a third-year leap in an aggressive Buffalo offense. Knox will likely be hyped as a late-round sleeper at the position.

- Rotoworld

Can Dawson actually become a ‘reliable’ stating weekly TE? I know there are lots of mouths to feed in Buffalo, but he stays on the field & JAllen seems to look his way at least in the red zone. 

Dawson Knox caught 5-of-8 targets for 37 yards and two touchdowns in Buffalo's Week 4 win over the Texans.

One of his catches was a 25-yard zone buster over the middle of the field, and the other came on third-and-goal on a Josh Allen run-pass option where he was left wide open. He had three other red zone targets in addition to these two, and seems to be gaining TE1 momentum at the expense of Cole Beasley. The Chiefs defense is another compelling argument to at least put him in the streaming conversation for Week 5. 

I love how he is quickly becoming a primary red zone target in one of the most potent offenses in the league. 

Thru four games, he's now TE #5, and just two pts off of TE #3, pending Waller Baller on MNF.

Going to try and pick him up and drop Gesicki for him even though he had a good game. I figure Knox will be much more reliable over the course of the season. I don't even think Gesicki had a target until the 2nd half yesterday, I was afraid he was going to get me another 0 lol.

Trying to trade for this guy. 

Tight End is so dead but a red zone first read pass catcher playing with Josh Allen for the next few years seems valuable. 

I think Knox is going to be a bigger part of the game flow/passing game than Tonyan was - not just TD dependent.

I concur. Tonyan, to me, has the look & feel of a JAG that did a great job taking advantage of an opportunity. Knox is a player that has the look & feel of a talented player on a (rather typical) growth trajectory that could lead him into the elite TE tier. Right offensive pieces (and ages for continued growth) around him and an increasing role that includes RZ work. 

* Full disclosure: on 2 of my 5 rosters

I concur. Tonyan, to me, has the look & feel of a JAG that did a great job taking advantage of an opportunity. Knox is a player that has the look & feel of a talented player on a (rather typical) growth trajectory that could lead him into the elite TE tier. Right offensive pieces (and ages for continued growth) around him and an increasing role that includes RZ work. 

* Full disclosure: on 2 of my 5 rosters
Plus they have that whole prom connection going: https://twitter.com/dawson_knox/status/1442249968123723776?s=20

So any suggestions for me?  I drafted Logan Thomas and Hunter Henry (late round), so when Thomas went on IR I picked up Dawson Knox. Now I'm thinking I can trade one of the 2 to the Kittle owner perhaps?  

Knox is beasting tonight (again).

So any suggestions for me?  I drafted Logan Thomas and Hunter Henry (late round), so when Thomas went on IR I picked up Dawson Knox. Now I'm thinking I can trade one of the 2 to the Kittle owner perhaps?  

Knox is beasting tonight (again).
Neither of those guys have any trade value 

Knox is looking like a top 5 TE going forward, I'm really regretting not picking him up when I could have a couple weeks ago

Last edited by a moderator:
Knox is looking like the breakout TE we see every couple of years that's about to take off in the next stud offense. No way I trade him for anything right now. Riding this out. 

Why would I trade away my starting TE? 
Player values for non-studs change VERY quickly in the NFL. It's a mistake to get fixated on anyone other than Kelce or Waller as "my starting TE." Knox is playing way better than your other guys. If he's not "your starting TE" while he's performing this way, you're potentially costing yourself wins. 

Player values for non-studs change VERY quickly in the NFL. It's a mistake to get fixated on anyone other than Kelce or Waller as "my starting TE." Knox is playing way better than your other guys. If he's not "your starting TE" while he's performing this way, you're potentially costing yourself wins. 
Wait he was saying Henry was his starting TE over Knox? Yeah not anymore 

Logan was #6 TE on the season before he went on IR. It would take a lot to sit him once he comes back, he's on the field for literally 100% of snaps. 

Henry had 8 targets and a TD today. Volume is king at the TE position. Yes Knox's stats look gaudy, but he only has 3 targets tonight. 

Dawson Knox caught 3-of-4 targets for 117 yards and a touchdown in the Bills' Week 5 win over the Chiefs.

Knox is scorching hot right now and extended his touchdown streak to four games. The subject of criticism in previous seasons, Knox looks like he has fixed his drop issues and evolved into a near-every-snap player. He is a top-12 tight end moving forward and should be rostered in almost every league. He's by no means elite, but he's turned into a weekly starter at fantasy's weakest position.

Oct 11, 2021, 12:57 AM ET

Guy is just what the doctor ordered after losing Kittle, who may not see my starting lineup again this year even when he returns from injury.

Knox may not be the most explosive TE out there, but he's clearly athletic enough and Allen clearly has a lot of trust in him. In this offense, that's pretty big. Plus he does not seem to have any competition at the position and is always on the field.

Picked him up off waivers (as my first priority) last week. As a Pitts owner, he's penciled in as my bye week starter (any idea why Tennessee's points vs TE is such a tough matchup??) 

Will definitely be hoping he blows up some more and tinkering with the idea of packaging him to upgrade elsewhere. 

Users who are viewing this thread