What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Roster Churning: Week 1 (1 Viewer)

FFCollusion

Footballguy
If you're in a league that doesn't lock rosters or bench players then you can roster churn.

It's a very simple theory, in that you're using 1 bench spot, to hold 5 potential Waiver Wire pickups.

It's excessive work for minimal, if any, payoff, but if you're willing to grind, I'm willing to help.

Week 1:

Tight End:

Thursday Night Football:
Sam LaPorta 64% owned (Rookie TE taking Hockensons spot)
Noah Gray 5% owned

Sunday Morning:
Isaiah Likely 2% owned (Rumors that Andrews might not play)
Juwan Johnson 41% owned (Carr made Waller very fantasy relevant, no Kamara)
Taysom Hill 14%... if you want to play that game

Sunday Afternoon:
Luke Musgrave 15% Owned (Preseason route participation is off the charts and the backup is another rookie, rumors Doubs will miss week 1)
Michael Mayer 18% Owned (LV used Waller, Jimmy G is used to having Kittle, and McDaniels was around for Gronk's NE tenure, and he's been trying to recreate the entire NE team as far as I can tell)

Sunday Night Football:
Jake Ferguson 32% owned (Shultz was a top 10 TE last year, and is now gone)

Monday Night Football:
Conklin 6% Owned
Knox 20% Owned

Running Back:

Thursday night Football:
Clyde Edwards Helaire

Sunday Morning:
Jeff Wilson (If you have an empty IR spot, just an idea)
D.Singletary 26%
Kendre Miller 18%
Gus Edwards 17%
CP84 10%
Zack Moss 8% (RB1 on depth chart, might actually play?)
Evan Hull 5% (If Moss doesn't play has potential to win the job?)
Deon Jackson 34% (See above)
Pierre Strong 1% (Unlikely, but just in case he's the next K.Hunt CoP for the team, Ford profiles more as a direct Chubb replacement, not compliment to him)
Jaylen Warren 49% (A lot of smoke about this committee being more split than assumed)
Tank Bigsby 18%
T.Spears 15%
Ty Chandler 7% (We're assuming Mattison is a workhorse, but who knows)
Sean Tucker 2% (Potential to be a committee or even win the job)

Sunday Afternoon:
K.gainwell 50%
D.Achane 49%
R.Johnson 16%

Sunday Night Football:
Deuce Vaughn 17%

Monday Night Football:
x

Wide Receivers:

Thursday Night Football
(If you want to chase a potential WR1 on KC, especially with kelce being out, take your pick of the following 6.
K.Toney 59%
S.Moore 72%
R.Rice 45%
J.Watson 0%
Richie James 1%
J.Ross 5%
MVS 8%
J.Reynolds 1% (There's a 6 week window for a WR2 in DET)

Sunday Morning:
Tank Dell 6% (Chasing HOU #1)
Nico Collins 54% (Chasing HOU #1)
Michael Wilson 1% (Garbage Time WR2 for Ari)
Dyami Brown 0% (If Terry sits)
C.Samuel 11% (Slot WR for WAS)
J.Mingo 16% (Chasing CAR #1)

Sunday Afternoon:
Puca/Skowronick/Van Jefferson/TuTu (Chasing Kupps targets)
T.Thornton 1% (JuJu knee concerns, lots of hype, might be the #1 WR for NE)
Marvin Mims 36% (Juedy hammy)
R.Doubs 31% (If he plays week 1, potentially the WR1 for the team)
J.Reed 8% (If Doubs doesn't play this is a sneaky pick up)
Q.Johnston 58%

Sunday Night:
W.Robinson 2% (Chasing NYG #1)
J.Hyatt 20%(Chasing NYG #1)

MNF:
J.Brownlee 0% (Hardknocks hype, but I believe Lazard is JAG and Cobb should be retired. Someone could step up behind Wilson)

So as an example, for anyone not familiar with the system... let's say I have a roster weakness at the TE spot, and I'm targeting the TE position this weekend, trying to have the next TE breakout, on my team, so I don't have to fight for them on waivers.

Tomorrow or Thursday before kickoff, I'm picking up Sam LaPorta. I'll watch Thursday Night Football, evaluate LaPorta's snap counts, route participation, targets, eye test, etc. If he looks like he might be a stud I want, I'll keep him, and we're done. If he doesn't do anything noteworthy, I'm dropping him to pick up Juwan Johnson for the Sunday Morning game. Same thing, evaluate, keep or toss back based on performance. If he fails, then for the Sunday afternoon game I'm picking up Luke Musgrave and repeating. Then for the Sunday Night game I'm grabbing Ferguson, and then Monday I'm grabbing Conklin or Knox.

With 1 roster spot, I was able to own LaPorta, Juwan, Musgrave, Ferguson, AND Knox. So that if any of them had a breakout game, it was while they were on my bench, and I already had them rostered, so I don't have to fight for them on Tuesday when waivers process.

If you really want to min/max, you can drop your kicker and do this for 3-4 players, and then grab a kicker that's available in SNF or MNF, but be careful, always ensure there's a kicker available from those games, and that your opponent won't block you in a close matchup.

Good Luck.

If you're in a league that doesn't lock rosters or bench players then you can roster churn.

It's a very simple theory, in that you're using 1 bench spot, to hold 5 potential Waiver Wire pickups.

It's excessive work for minimal, if any, payoff, but if you're willing to grind, I'm willing to help.

Week 1:

Tight End:

Thursday Night Football:
Noah Gray 5% owned

Sunday Morning:

Sunday Afternoon:
Luke Musgrave 15% Owned (Preseason route participation is off the charts and the backup is another rookie, rumors Doubs will miss week 1)
Michael Mayer 18% Owned (LV used Waller, Jimmy G is used to having Kittle, and McDaniels was around for Gronk's NE tenure, and he's been trying to recreate the entire NE team as far as I can tell)

Sunday Night Football:

Monday Night Football:
Conklin 6% Owned
Knox 20% Owned

Running Back:

Thursday night Football:
Clyde Edwards Helaire

Sunday Morning:
D.Singletary 26%
Kendre Miller 18%
Gus Edwards 17%
CP84 10%
Pierre Strong 1% (Unlikely, but just in case he's the next K.Hunt CoP for the team, Ford profiles more as a direct Chubb replacement, not compliment to him)
Jaylen Warren 49% (A lot of smoke about this committee being more split than assumed)
Tank Bigsby 18%
T.Spears 15%

Sunday Afternoon:
K.gainwell 50%
D.Achane 49%
R.Johnson 16%

Sunday Night Football:
Deuce Vaughn 17%

Monday Night Football:
x

Wide Receivers:

Thursday Night Football
(If you want to chase a potential WR1 on KC, especially with kelce being out, take your pick of the following 6.
K.Toney 59%
S.Moore 72%
R.Rice 45%
J.Watson 0%
Richie James 1%
J.Ross 5%
MVS 8%

Sunday Morning:

Sunday Afternoon:
Q.Johnston 58%

Sunday Night:

MNF:
J.Brownlee 0% (Hardknocks hype, but I believe Lazard is JAG and Cobb should be retired. Someone could step up behind Wilson)

So as an example, for anyone not familiar with the system... let's say I have a roster weakness at the TE spot, and I'm targeting the TE position this weekend, trying to have the next TE breakout, on my team, so I don't have to fight for them on waivers.

Tomorrow or Thursday before kickoff, I'm picking up Sam LaPorta. I'll watch Thursday Night Football, evaluate LaPorta's snap counts, route participation, targets, eye test, etc. If he looks like he might be a stud I want, I'll keep him, and we're done. If he doesn't do anything noteworthy, I'm dropping him to pick up Juwan Johnson for the Sunday Morning game. Same thing, evaluate, keep or toss back based on performance. If he fails, then for the Sunday afternoon game I'm picking up Luke Musgrave and repeating. Then for the Sunday Night game I'm grabbing Ferguson, and then Monday I'm grabbing Conklin or Knox.

With 1 roster spot, I was able to own LaPorta, Juwan, Musgrave, Ferguson, AND Knox. So that if any of them had a breakout game, it was while they were on my bench, and I already had them rostered, so I don't have to fight for them on Tuesday when waivers process.

If you really want to min/max, you can drop your kicker and do this for 3-4 players, and then grab a kicker that's available in SNF or MNF, but be careful, always ensure there's a kicker available from those games, and that your opponent won't block you in a close matchup.

Good Luck.
Some leagues let you drop a player that's already played? Really?

Tomorrow or Thursday before kickoff, I'm picking up Sam LaPorta. I'll watch Thursday Night Football, evaluate LaPorta's snap counts, route participation, targets, eye test, etc. If he looks like he might be a stud I want, I'll keep him, and we're done. If he doesn't do anything noteworthy, I'm dropping him to pick up Juwan Johnson for the Sunday Morning game.

I don't think you can drop a player who has played that week.

Great post; this is what I've been planning on doing. And to above posters, yes, this is allowed in some leagues. My league on Sleeper allows this.(y)

edit: bench players that have already played can be dropped, but not players in the starting lineup

Pretty sure Yahoo default settings let you drop a bench player after their game has already played also. Before making a FA add though make sure that players lock (to the waiver wire) at the start of their game time and that they don't all lock at the start of the noon Sunday games, for example.

Week 1:

Tight End:

Thursday Night Football:
Noah Gray 5% owned

Sunday Morning:

Sunday Afternoon:

Sunday Night Football:

Monday Night Football:
Conklin 6% Owned
Knox 20% Owned

Running Back:

Thursday night Football:
Clyde Edwards Helaire

Sunday Morning:
D.Singletary 26%
Kendre Miller 18%
Gus Edwards 17%
CP84 10%
Tank Bigsby 18%
T.Spears 15%

Sunday Afternoon:
K.gainwell 50%
D.Achane 49%
R.Johnson 16%

Sunday Night Football:
Deuce Vaughn 17%

Monday Night Football:
x

Wide Receivers:

Thursday Night Football
K.Toney 59%
S.Moore 72%
R.Rice 45%
J.Watson 0%
Richie James 1%
J.Ross 5%
MVS 8%

Sunday Morning:

Sunday Afternoon:
Q.Johnston 58%

Sunday Night:

MNF:

Good Luck.
I think yahoo is the only format that lets you drop a player after that player has played.

Week 1:

Tight End:

Thursday Night Football:
Noah Gray 5% owned

Sunday Morning:

Sunday Afternoon:

Sunday Night Football:

Monday Night Football:
Conklin 6% Owned
Knox 20% Owned

Running Back:

Thursday night Football:
Clyde Edwards Helaire

Sunday Morning:
D.Singletary 26%
Kendre Miller 18%
Gus Edwards 17%
CP84 10%
Tank Bigsby 18%
T.Spears 15%

Sunday Afternoon:
K.gainwell 50%
D.Achane 49%
R.Johnson 16%

Sunday Night Football:
Deuce Vaughn 17%

Monday Night Football:
x

Wide Receivers:

Thursday Night Football
K.Toney 59%
S.Moore 72%
R.Rice 45%
J.Watson 0%
Richie James 1%
J.Ross 5%
MVS 8%

Sunday Morning:

Sunday Afternoon:
Q.Johnston 58%

Sunday Night:

MNF:

Good Luck.
I think yahoo is the only format that lets you drop a player after that player has played.
Which is ridiculous. Nobody should be able to circumvent the roster limit just because they chose not to start a player.

Long time yahoo churner. IMO, it's the only way to play early in the season until you have a bench that you love.

I get that a lot of people hate the concept and it really is pretty cheap. However, if your league platform settings allow it (yahoo default), it's really a hustle play where you can make use of your own depth of knowledge of the league's unrostered players to pick lotto tickets with the greatest ceiling. Basically, I subscribe to hate the platform, not the fantasy player hustling to try to gain an advantage for their team.

I will say that it's a lot more fun when your league has multiple sharks doing the same thing. It becomes a game within the game. Do I cut bait on my noon flier in order to grab my top choice in the 3pm? Sometimes someone cuts bait too soon and that's fun too.

Seems like a thing I would do to be clever that everyone would hate me for 😄 don't like it? Outlaw it. There's nothing inherently wrong with it if it's allowed by the platform.

Agree it seems like a lot of work for minimal reward plus our league implemented a rule years ago where the first five waiver moves are free and subsequent moves cost $5 (that money goes into a pool that we compete for)
It limits guys churning rosters.

Week 1:

Tight End:

Thursday Night Football:
Noah Gray 5% owned

Sunday Morning:

Sunday Afternoon:

Sunday Night Football:

Monday Night Football:
Conklin 6% Owned
Knox 20% Owned

Running Back:

Thursday night Football:
Clyde Edwards Helaire

Sunday Morning:
D.Singletary 26%
Kendre Miller 18%
Gus Edwards 17%
CP84 10%
Tank Bigsby 18%
T.Spears 15%

Sunday Afternoon:
K.gainwell 50%
D.Achane 49%
R.Johnson 16%

Sunday Night Football:
Deuce Vaughn 17%

Monday Night Football:
x

Wide Receivers:

Thursday Night Football
K.Toney 59%
S.Moore 72%
R.Rice 45%
J.Watson 0%
Richie James 1%
J.Ross 5%
MVS 8%

Sunday Morning:

Sunday Afternoon:
Q.Johnston 58%

Sunday Night:

MNF:

Good Luck.
This sounds like it could be Fantasy Football Collusion

Week 1:

Tight End:

Thursday Night Football:
Noah Gray 5% owned

Sunday Morning:

Sunday Afternoon:

Sunday Night Football:

Monday Night Football:
Conklin 6% Owned
Knox 20% Owned

Running Back:

Thursday night Football:
Clyde Edwards Helaire

Sunday Morning:
D.Singletary 26%
Kendre Miller 18%
Gus Edwards 17%
CP84 10%
Tank Bigsby 18%
T.Spears 15%

Sunday Afternoon:
K.gainwell 50%
D.Achane 49%
R.Johnson 16%

Sunday Night Football:
Deuce Vaughn 17%

Monday Night Football:
x

Wide Receivers:

Thursday Night Football
K.Toney 59%
S.Moore 72%
R.Rice 45%
J.Watson 0%
Richie James 1%
J.Ross 5%
MVS 8%

Sunday Morning:

Sunday Afternoon:
Q.Johnston 58%

Sunday Night:

MNF:

Good Luck.
This sounds like it could be Fantasy Football Collusion
I'm pretty sure it is FF Collusion

Week 1:

Tight End:

Thursday Night Football:
Noah Gray 5% owned

Sunday Morning:

Sunday Afternoon:

Sunday Night Football:

Monday Night Football:
Conklin 6% Owned
Knox 20% Owned

Running Back:

Thursday night Football:
Clyde Edwards Helaire

Sunday Morning:
D.Singletary 26%
Kendre Miller 18%
Gus Edwards 17%
CP84 10%
Tank Bigsby 18%
T.Spears 15%

Sunday Afternoon:
K.gainwell 50%
D.Achane 49%
R.Johnson 16%

Sunday Night Football:
Deuce Vaughn 17%

Monday Night Football:
x

Wide Receivers:

Thursday Night Football
K.Toney 59%
S.Moore 72%
R.Rice 45%
J.Watson 0%
Richie James 1%
J.Ross 5%
MVS 8%

Sunday Morning:

Sunday Afternoon:
Q.Johnston 58%

Sunday Night:

MNF:

Good Luck.
NFL does as well

Since last year, Yahoo added a feature in the Commish Tools to block this BS. Long overdue on their part.

Since last year, Yahoo added a feature in the Commish Tools to block this BS. Long overdue on their part.

Our setup on Yahoo is if you drop a player the same day you picked him up, doesn’t go on waivers. I feel like it’s been that way for several years but gave up Commish duties this year so not certain.

Users who are viewing this thread