What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stevan Ridley Support Group (1 Viewer)

I'm seeing a lot of garbage time carries for Ridley this week. Some GL work that could lead to some short TD's even with a bad day otherwise. The Pats D is going to tear up Freeman.

Ridley is my new toy.

Traded Edelman for him straight up to a receiver-starved team.

Hoping he can get things turned around quickly as my team needs a spark.

Tampa Bay's defense is really good. Brady has looked ordinary so far. I don't see any garbage time in this game.

It is kind of funny to me that with all the changes to the Patriots offense this off season, and trying to figure out what their offense would be like this season, the one constant was considered to be Ridley.

Tough matchup vs Tampa and with no opps in the passing game, I`m flexing Vincent Brown over him. I think he is big sleeper this week. Ridley is going to have to show me something to sniff my lineup again.

I think he'll be fine once Gronk/Amendola get back or the rookies learn to catch and NE's passing game starts scaring teams again, but he's not seeing my starting lineup until then.

So, I'm holding onto him (and would try to buy low if I didn't already have him), but he'll be on the bench for a couple weeks.

Bolden active for first time this year. Washington inactive. All Ridley owners and anyone else looking for potential flex play (until Vereen is back) should premptively pick him up now of they can.

Stevan Ridley rushed 11 times for 35 yards in New England's Week 3 win over the Bucs, getting out-touched 14-12 by backup LeGarrette Blount.
Granted, eight of Blount's carries came in fourth quarter clock-killing mode, but it's still notable that he was coach Bill Belichick's preferred option for playing out the string. When you throw in Brandon Bolden's eight touches, it was a somewhat concerning day for Ridley's future usage. There's still no reason to panic — Ridley remains New England's best pure runner by a considerable margin — but Belichick may be leery of running him into the ground with the Pats having to place a much greater emphasis on the run this season. Ridley will remain an RB2 in Week 4 against the Falcons.
I just wanted to post this so we can all laugh at RW's clear bias. Are they serious? I've seen them give up on players who've done more with less yet they're still riding the Ridley train hard calling him a RB2 next week. Funny stuff.

I can't stand Rotoworld's "blue print opinions" but I agree this time - Blount was only a factor because the game was over. Bolden took over Vereen's role.

MY drafts are going to kill me this year. Ridley in one league in the 2nd and Wilson in the 3rd in another. Time for some trades.

MY drafts are going to kill me this year. Ridley in one league in the 2nd and Wilson in the 3rd in another. Time for some trades.
Just when you give up on Ridley, BB is going to decide to ride him like crazy. Don't forget Blount likely had a grudge against Tampa and BB knowing that might have wanted him more involved in this game. Try to light a fire under him. Anyone watching the Pats game can attest that whatever the stat line, Blount runs like molasses. He is not going to displace Ridley from what I have seen. You won't get much for Ridley now so I would hold onto him and hope that I am right about him getting more involved from here on out.

Just when you give up on Ridley, BB is going to decide to ride him like crazy. Don't forget Blount likely had a grudge against Tampa and BB knowing that might have wanted him more involved in this game. Try to light a fire under him. Anyone watching the Pats game can attest that whatever the stat line, Blount runs like molasses. He is not going to displace Ridley from what I have seen. You won't get much for Ridley now so I would hold onto him and hope that I am right about him getting more involved from here on out.
Oh I wasn't going to trade Ridley because like you said, I won't get anything for him. I need to sell some of my WR depth to get a RB in here badly. I have Ridley, Miller and Pierre Thomas going right now with Bolden, Rainey and Ellington on the bench. I'm in a world of hurt.

Thinking seriously of dropping him. This is awful.
Hard to believe the guy is the same guy as last year who was getting 100 yards and a Td more often than not. Must be something wrong with the guy internally because he had the goods a year ago and somehow he can't come close to performing how he did less than a year ago.

I can't drop him but he's deep on my bench and holding the spit bucket.

Hard to believe the guy is the same guy as last year who was getting 100 yards and a Td more often than not. Must be something wrong with the guy internally because he had the goods a year ago and somehow he can't come close to performing how he did less than a year ago.

It has been a series of unfortunate events. The biggest issue was the fumbles. However, the Pats need Ridley and he has a great attitude. He will get another chance. Blount wasn't exactly the second coming of Jim Brown today.

Gandalf said:
Iwannabeacowboybaby! said:
Ridgelake said:

It has been a series of unfortunate events. The biggest issue was the fumbles. However, the Pats need Ridley and he has a great attitude. He will get another chance. Blount wasn't exactly the second coming of Jim Brown today.
Bolden is the one to be concerned about.

Gandalf said:
Iwannabeacowboybaby! said:
Ridgelake said:
Hard to believe the guy is the same guy as last year who was getting 100 yards and a Td more often than not. Must be something wrong with the guy internally because he had the goods a year ago and somehow he can't come close to performing how he did less than a year ago.I can't drop him but he's deep on my bench and holding the spit bucket.
Bolden is the one to be concerned about.
Fair enough but we have been here before with Bolden. I just don't think getting rid of Ridley either by trade or dropping him makes much sense. You are selling low and won't get much for him. Better to keep him rosters and hope he gets more playing time.

in one league where I have Vereen, I grabbed Bolden a couple weeks ago. Ready for him. In another league I traded Fitz away for Hartline and Ridley. I was desparate for a RB and deep at WR, hoping Ridley will turn it around. I am regretting that trade but at least hartline is serviceable

So everyone is all over Bolden now, but--dare I say it--this week looks like a good match-up if you were going to/have to play Ridley. I'm considering it.

So everyone is all over Bolden now, but--dare I say it--this week looks like a good match-up if you were going to/have to play Ridley. I'm considering it.
I just got Bolden on the ww this week, and I'm going to play him over the riddler. Maybe I get burned if ridley (finally) gets a TD, but I'll take my chances w/ him doing nothing so far. I'm thinking the pats were easing bolden back into NFL game shape with fewer snaps last week. This week he will vulture more and be involved in the passing game. More PPR value than STD, but he's doing WAAAAY more with his touches, and I don't think that will change.

Those of us with high expectations for Vereen before he got hurt should be optimistic about Bolden's opportunity now.

Hi Ridley owners...

My name is McFly & I'd like to buy one of your Ridleys - Assesing his value, would anyone take Fred Jackson or Ben Tate for him?

I think patience is the key here with Ridley. If you read earlier in the thread-I had posted that I expected a very marginal game against an underrated tampa bay defense. If you look at New Englands schedule thus far--they have played against nice defensive teams while having a skeleton of a passing game. The additions of Gronk and Amendola back into the lineup along with the schedule opening up a bit will help Ridley for sure. I'm not saying he's going to suddenly turn into AP but I do foresee him being a mid level rb2 in non ppr leagues in the coming week or two.

Hi Ridley owners...

My name is McFly & I'd like to buy one of your Ridleys - Assesing his value, would anyone take Fred Jackson or Ben Tate for him?
What are you looking at butthead?[/]

LOL... Just trying to see if offering fjax or Tate is a reasonable offer... I think a room full of Ridley owners would be a good place to find out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Ridley owners...

LOL... Just trying to see if offering fjax or Tate is a reasonable offer... I think a room full of Ridley owners would be a good place to find out.
Since you're new here, I'm gonna cut you a break, today. So, why don't you make like a tree and get outta here?

as a big pats fan, ridley owner in every league each of the last 2 years, and attempted username of kool-aid ridley, I am here to assure you guys that ridley will beast this week.

do not worry and never fear.

Hi Ridley owners...

Since you're new here, I'm gonna cut you a break, today. So, why don't you make like a tree and get outta here?
It's make like a tree and leave!

Fjax for Ridley? Would you take it? Is it worth buying him low or is he doomed?

Hi Ridley owners...

Hey, McFly. I thought I told you never to come in here.

Hi Ridley owners...

it makes more sense, imo, to offer the trade to the Ridley owner and see if he will take it. it's irrelevant whether these dudes in here would.

Hi Ridley owners...

it makes more sense, imo, to offer the trade to the Ridley owner and see if he will take it. it's irrelevant whether these dudes in here would.
seriously guys? The dude asked a question maybe because he wasn't sure how the fantasy world felt about ridleys value. If his question doesn't appeal to you--don't answer it. What's the point of spending your time to chastise him when you could have spent the same amount of time actually being helpful? I swear--while most of the people in the Shark Pool are polite and courteous--some need to be reminded that it takes the same energy to be a gentleman as it does to be a d-bag. In regards to fjax for ridley-- I'd personally be on the Ridley side.

Hi Ridley owners...

What are you looking at butthead?[/]LOL... Just trying to see if offering fjax or Tate is a reasonable offer... I think a room full of Ridley owners would be a good place to find out.

seriously guys? The dude asked a question maybe because he wasn't sure how the fantasy world felt about ridleys value. If his question doesn't appeal to you--don't answer it. What's the point of spending your time to chastise him when you could have spent the same amount of time actually being helpful?
was seriously trying to be helpful w/ that post. there prob isn't a consensus among Ridley owners in here as to what his value is given how the situation has played out thus far. the best way to see if the guy in his league is willing to take either of those guys is to approach that guy imo.

Hi Ridley owners...

What are you looking at butthead?[/]LOL... Just trying to see if offering fjax or Tate is a reasonable offer... I think a room full of Ridley owners would be a good place to find out.

seriously guys? The dude asked a question maybe because he wasn't sure how the fantasy world felt about ridleys value. If his question doesn't appeal to you--don't answer it. What's the point of spending your time to chastise him when you could have spent the same amount of time actually being helpful? I swear--while most of the people in the Shark Pool are polite and courteous--some need to be reminded that it takes the same energy to be a gentleman as it does to be a d-bag. In regards to fjax for ridley-- I'd personally be on the Ridley side.
I was just quoting Back To The Future.

Hi Ridley owners...

It's make like a tree and leave!Fjax for Ridley? Would you take it? Is it worth buying him low or is he doomed?
seriously guys? The dude asked a question maybe because he wasn't sure how the fantasy world felt about ridleys value. If his question doesn't appeal to you--don't answer it. What's the point of spending your time to chastise him when you could have spent the same amount of time actually being helpful?
was seriously trying to be helpful w/ that post. there prob isn't a consensus among Ridley owners in here as to what his value is given how the situation has played out thus far. the best way to see if the guy in his league is willing to take either of those guys is to approach that guy imo.
Yes--but that isn't being helpful. He's here asking because he's worried that it could be an insulting offer or maybe based on the current situation-- or maybe he's worried he's offering too much. Perhaps he wanted to be equipped with a molecule of feedback before approaching a potential trade partner. Offering that molecule of feedback is more helpful than telling him to approach the trade partner that he was already planning on approaching at some point.

as a big pats fan, ridley owner in every league each of the last 2 years, and attempted username of kool-aid ridley, I am here to assure you guys that ridley will beast this week.

Any particular reason why you like him this week? Just curious.

Any particular reason why you like him this week? Just curious.
well, the jets actually have somethin' going on up front on their defensive line, and I don't think they used much nickel at all against us -- checking it out, they held doug martin to 2.7 ypc, and while freddie jackson got one good run in, the other 18 carries yielded 21 yds, cj superstar included.

tampa is typically not that easy to run against -- plus, as it turned out, we were throttling the crap out of them so the pats brought blount in out of the bullpen, which ate up a quarter of carries -- just checking out my impression with this computing device, tampa held the jets to 44 yds (powell running for 150 this week), and new orleans got 75 total from 3 backs on 20 carries.

so, all you guys who look at results and say ridley is slow, etc --- these 2 defenses slow a lot of guys down.

atlanta on the other hand, can be run on.

they were run on like a sandy beach last year, and they recently lost 2 lb -- weatherspoon and biermann.

they will probably use nickel nearly all day, rolling out udfa rookie joplo bartu (that's right) and probably some udfa worrilow in his 2nd game.

don't get me wrong, I'm not talking smack about bartu, as he's gotten pretty good reviews, particularly in te coverage, but it is what it is.

the capper is their offense should be good enough to score more than 3 points, which may keep blount on the bench.

now, if I want to add in my imagination, I might want to run the ball until they stop me, as it'll be an away game with rookie receivers in a hostile dome with a dangerous offense on the sideline -- but that part's just my imagination.

as a ridley fan, although not current owner *weeps silently*, I was pretty lukewarm on the last 2 weeks, but I'm giving this match up 5 clovers.

Users who are viewing this thread