What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stevan Ridley Support Group (1 Viewer)

Easy to hate on players who are studs when they are not performing because of the coaches arrogance.

Players fumble, it happens.

Question, didnt Edelmen almost put it on the ground twice tonight since almost now counts?

He is riding my bench from here on out, I'd rather start Miles Austin or Steve smith in my flex over him.

Dear god I hope my other two RBs spiller and mjd get it together, if not its gonna be a long year.

Is the Jets front 7 really this good? This is awful. Pats had one of the best running games last year. How did they fall off so far? They are getting no push whatsoever.
Could be, they've had a big influx of young talent the last few years, and they shut down Doug Martin in week 1 too.

I wanna buy low, but I honestly don't know how close he is to getting his confidence back. When he almost fumbled that pitch you could tell his life was flashing before his eyes. Buying low may not turn out great - so it would have to be low.

I wanna buy low, but I honestly don't know how close he is to getting his confidence back. When he almost fumbled that pitch you could tell his life was flashing before his eyes. Buying low may not turn out great - so it would have to be low.
Until NE establishes a guy that can scare a team deep, I think its bad news for Ridley. Edelman is an underneath Wr and that's about it. Any halfway decent D can keep 8 in the box on the regular against them.

I'm not sure you will get him low enough to make a trade acceptable. The owner will probably argue with the situation in NE where they have to rely on Ridley. Not touching this with a 10foot pole

traded Rid and Bennett for Cameron and Vereen... before the game. Had a bit of buyers remorse. After the game, not so much. If Cameron pulls through again, I'll be happy.

sigh, ridley has been such a disappointment so far. nobody in my league is wiling to trade for him and i'm mad at myself for drafting him so high in the 2nd round. i had a feeling that with all the weapons gone from NE, that maybe he would be able to make himself a weapon, but so far all he's been doing is a whole lotta nothing.

sigh, ridley has been such a disappointment so far. nobody in my league is wiling to trade for him and i'm mad at myself for drafting him so high in the 2nd round. i had a feeling that with all the weapons gone from NE, that maybe he would be able to make himself a weapon, but so far all he's been doing is a whole lotta nothing.
The only solice I'm seeing is that the Jets have apparently an elite front 7 now... shut down two of the top 5 rushing attacks back to back weeks now.

Unfortunately the Pats play the Bucs next week... so, yea, I don't know what to make of that. I may start Bradshaw or Joique Bell instead of Ridley until they get some easier defenses.

Ridley no longer startable & would be unrosterable if vereen was there, Actually pretty much no use being on roster now....FML!!!!!

I agree Ridley has been a disappointment thus far, but I'm not ready to throw in the towel just yet. I think his value comes from NE having a lead and some decent WR options. If the D doesn't fear the WR/TE positions, then they can shut down the run... hopefully the WR/TE positions improve.

I don't understand why the Patriots don't even attempt to throw those RB screens any more, that they have always done in the past 10 years. Once Ridley gets in, they don't even target him. He can't do much worse that Dobson and Thompkins, who drop everything thrown to them. There was at least 3-4 opportunities to throw Ridley the ball last night, but Brady opted for someone else. Patriots need to stick to the way they have always played.

The panic needs to calm down a bit. The dude had a horrid first game where he fumbled twice and got benched against a soft run defense--and vereen goes off. Last night--the pats offense was completely decimated--- no gronk, no aaron hernandez, no vereen, no amendola--oh yeah..and they were playing against a massively under-rated Jets defense--oh yeah-and the 2nd half of that game was basically a giant downpour--oh yeah--and by the way--it was a Thursday night game--which means they only had 3 real days of preparation to adjust to all of these factors. Even Tom Brady looked barely rosterable last night. I think if you own Ridley---it is about the worst time to sell him because his value will not be lower than it is now. If you don't own him--I'd seriously try to buy him low. The pats play the bucs next week (who have an elite run defense)-- but they also have over a week to prepare. It woudn't surprise me if he has a another quiet to medium game and then takes off from there. You have to remember--the week 4-6 range is when guys like Amendola and gronk should be coming back--the offense will be more dynamic and Ridley will have more scoring opportunities--and won't be going up against soo many stacked boxes. The pats know that they just need to kinda keep the ship afloat while their guys are getting healthy. I predict another week or 2 of low production and things will start to truly improve from that point on.

Trying to back off the ledge and chalk it up to the Jets and BigSnacks.

They've limited Martin and Ridley much to my chagrin.

The panic needs to calm down a bit. The dude had a horrid first game where he fumbled twice and got benched against a soft run defense--and vereen goes off. Last night--the pats offense was completely decimated--- no gronk, no aaron hernandez, no vereen, no amendola--oh yeah..and they were playing against a massively under-rated Jets defense--oh yeah-and the 2nd half of that game was basically a giant downpour--oh yeah--and by the way--it was a Thursday night game--which means they only had 3 real days of preparation to adjust to all of these factors. Even Tom Brady looked barely rosterable last night. I think if you own Ridley---it is about the worst time to sell him because his value will not be lower than it is now. If you don't own him--I'd seriously try to buy him low. The pats play the bucs next week (who have an elite run defense)-- but they also have over a week to prepare. It woudn't surprise me if he has a another quiet to medium game and then takes off from there. You have to remember--the week 4-6 range is when guys like Amendola and gronk should be coming back--the offense will be more dynamic and Ridley will have more scoring opportunities--and won't be going up against soo many stacked boxes. The pats know that they just need to kinda keep the ship afloat while their guys are getting healthy. I predict another week or 2 of low production and things will start to truly improve from that point on.
Thank you.

Which WR tier gets Ridley straight up? What's Ridley's value compared to a McFadden? (non PPR)
I think I'd take a guy like Mike Williams if I had a need at WR.

I have Ridley and McFadden and its not close right now. I trust DMac much more, as hard as that is to believe.

I love the panic!

16 carries against a good defense, at least they played like one. The offense was easy to predict all night long, if I can tell what they are doing Rex sure as heck can.

Also, the Jets are not as bad as the media keeps pressing, and Geno has tons of upside.

No one is happy with his performance so far, but I'm not getting worried.....yet.

Nothing was working for the Pats last night. Brady has his lowest competition percentage since 2009 I believe (you can put A LOT of that on the receivers) and they ran for 54 yards as a team.

In week 1 Ridley rushed 9 times for 46 yards, better than 5ypc before getting benched and Veren ran for over 100 yards in that game so there is a running game in NE. Take last night as an anomally and be glad Ridley is their only real choice at RB.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ill probably start Ridley again the week Amendola and Gronk are both fully healthy and starting. So probably week 4, 5, or 6.

No one is happy with his performance so far, but I'm not getting worried.....yet.

Nothing was working for the Pats last night. Brady has his lowest competition percentage since 2009 I believe (you can put A LOT of that on the receivers) and they ran for 54 yards as a team.

In week 1 Ridley rushed 9 times for 46 yards, better than 5ypc before getting benched and Veren ran for over 100 yards in that game so there is a running game in NE. Take last night as an anomally and be glad Ridley is their only real choice at RB.
I agree here. Also--the "near fumble" is getting completely overblown in my opinion. Everybody who watched that game realized that the football was basically a slippery banana peel--how many wr's bobbled passes or dropped balls. I really feel like the actual play call to do a toss to the rb when the ball is nothing short of an oil slick was the ridiculous part more than ridley bobbling it a bit.

I grabbed Bolden , glad I did after last nites game... yuck. I will say though I think better times ahead, his value is really low, I will be puting out some buy low offers and see what I can get

i'm considering rodgers for stafford and ridley... but i have no RB and I think he is one of the better buy low guys out there at RB.... I own most of the other buy low guys (wilson, miller, mathews)

I think once gronk gets back it should help having 2 receiving targets who can catch and run the correct routes.... should open up the running game?

never draft a NE running back high. Hasn't anyone studied Pats history?
Yeah, I did and I found out that they had the most rushing TDs and most rushes inside the 10 yard line within the past three years. BB might be picky but historically that backfield has churned out production.

never draft a NE running back high. Hasn't anyone studied Pats history?
Yeah, I did and I found out that they had the most rushing TDs and most rushes inside the 10 yard line within the past three years. BB might be picky but historically that backfield has churned out production.
"THEY" is right. The question is "WHICH" running back
At the very least, Ridley, last year, the guy who finished as a RB1 and 10th on a PPG basis. That same logic you're applying to this backfield everyone applied to both the NE and WAS last year, thinking things would never change. That's why most people slept on ALMO and Ridley.

This situation is certainly pretty ####ty right now, but to say Ridley didn't have the makings of a solid RB2 in standard leagues before the season began is silly.

In Dynasty, who do you prefer: Ridley or Lamar Miller?

Seems like a coin flip to me. Thoughts?

Anybody putting him in a lineup this week?

I can't bring myself to do it.....starting Joique Bell, and Andre Ellington over him

Bobby Guano said:

I can't bring myself to do it.....starting Joique Bell, and Andre Ellington over him
I'm not sure if I'm playing him this week as tampas defense is very good--but I do like his outlook after the tampa game. I think i'd certainly play him over ellington--I'm thinking that I might play giovani bernard, eddie royal or lamar miller over him

Bobby Guano said:

I'm not sure if I'm playing him this week as tampas defense is very good--but I do like his outlook after the tampa game. I think i'd certainly play him over ellington--I'm thinking that I might play giovani bernard, eddie royal or lamar miller over him
It's a PPR league and yardage scoring is a little funky (1 pt per 25 yards rush/rec) so if Ridley gets 80 yards but no TD's it's only 3 points but if Ellington gets 60 total yards and 3 rec that's 6 points.

Ridleys only real value in this type of league is TD's and with the way the Pats offense has looked this season I'm having a hard time putting him in over guys who are involved in the passing game.

Bobby Guano said:

I have no choice...also own Rice & Lacy. Unless Brady can get Ridley to the GL, we're gonna get another one of those 40 yd games. Too bad he never gets dump-off passes or even the occasional screen pass

starting him over Bush, Woodhead, D.thomas, and McGahee for now.
if you mean reggie bush--I would highly recommend playing bush over him if the news later in the week shows that bush will play. If you mean Michael bush--then I would certainly play ridley over him.

Users who are viewing this thread