What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**Steelers (10-7) at Bills (11-6)** (-10, 36.5) Sun 1pm (1 Viewer)

So you have a Special Teams commentator on your staff. He emphatically says the punter can’t punt. Then they show the punter on the sidelines completely fine.

Fffff
Just think Steeler fans, this misery will continue next year and who knows how many years after when they extend captain mediocrity.
i gotta agree with you. Tomlin should have never thrown that pick. And when Allen took off, Tomlin should have found a way to tackle him. Thats what great coaches do.
You must be a big participation trophy guy. It's clear you haven't watched this train wreck year after year after year. His teams continue to get not beat, but embarrassed every year. And it doesn't matter who is on the roster.
When Tomlin had a healthy Big Ben he usually won. How many playoff games did Cowher win before Big Ben? Lots of frustrating losses.

I’ve been watching the Steelers since 1975. Noll, Cowher, and Tomlin have all been fine coaches. If you have a franchise QB you win in this league. Without that, you’re always going to be mediocre.
You might want to watch more closely then. There's little to compare between Cowher and Tomlin when you actually look at how they accomlished what they did.

Cowher won 8 playoff games (9 losses) BEFORE Ben and he never went more than 3 years without a playoff win. That's despite a collection of nothing at QB and after taking over a team from Noll that had been barely .500 for a decade.

Tomlin took over that perennial contender, won for a few years, and now will have a total of 3 playoff wins in 13 seasons since. 5 of his 8 total playoff wins and 2 of his 4 seasons with a playoff win came in his 1st 4 years... 14+ years ago. He had Ben for 11 of those seasons after 2010 and he was very, very good for a majority of them.

Tomlin should have been using timeouts but he’s just happy to be down 14 I guess.
Really easy to see that backfiring when Allen hits a long completion with the extra time.
I think it’s highly unlikely the Bills were going aggressive there. They were content to run it out.
I think they were once the Steelers didn't call timeout. But its very possible a timeout changes things.
I guess but when you’re down and getting dominated, you need to take chances IMO.

Allen seems big enough that they should be able to come up with something a bit better than just jumping in the air and seeing which team can push him further.

Users who are viewing this thread