What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Bears at Lions*** (-8.0, 48) 1:00 (1 Viewer)

BobbyLayne

Footballguy
@FBG Moderator @Joe Bryant @Ministry of Pain

Justin Fields returns to the lineup for the Bears, who have gone 2-2 with Tyson Bagent at the controls. JF is 1-5 this year, 4-24 the his last 28 starts. He won't be the Bears QB next year so these last 7 games are strictly to showcase him for the inevitable trade. Absolutely ran over the Lions a year ago, rushing for 23-279-2 in two losses to the Lions a year ago.

The Lions bounced back from the M&T Bank Stadium debacle - no 5-1 team had ever found itself down by more than the Lions 28-0 halftime deficit - to smother the Raiders on MNF, allowing only 157 yards from scrimmage while sacking Jimmy the Statue Garoppolo. Last Sunday they put up 533 yards on offense and gave up 5 straight touchdowns to the Chargers
  1. 10 plays 75 yards TOUCHDOWN
  2. 10 plays 75 yards TOUCHDOWN
  3. 10 plays 92 yards TOUCHDOWN
  4. 16 plays 75 yards TOUCHDOWN
  5. 7 plays 75 yards TOUCHDOWN
The defense had moments early. Two stops and an interception in the first four possessions helped the Lions jump out front 17-3. On the Chargers 8th drive *(4. above) the Lions stopped the Chargers 7 straight times on goal to go, but ultimately surrendered a TD on the second 4th and 1. JG and the offense carried them to win.

Lions are huge favorites and Ford Field will be rocking per usual. Thanks to my Sling tv local affiliate glitch I get to watch along this week. No predictions, but IMO an 8-2 squad at home playing a 3-7 team that has a bad coach and a lousy GM ought to be a butt whupping 10 out of 10 times. But, any given Sunday..,..divisional game....this will be tough for the Lions. They're all tough for Detroit, we are not a dominant team, we love adversity bc we were built to overcome it.

Last edited:
PFF Grades of Key Players

DETROIT + CHICAGO OFFENSE

PLAYERPOSITIONPFF GRADEPLAYERPOSITIONPFF GRADE
Jared GoffQB1st (out of 60 QB)Justin FieldsQB73.6 (18th out of 60 QB)
Teddy BridgewaterQB60.6 *(3 snaps, 2 of which were kneel downs)Tyson BagentQB57.4 (41st out of 60 QB)
Amon-Ra St BrownWR88.5 (7th out of 192 WR)DJ MooreWR84.5 (9th out of 192 WR)
Josh ReynoldsWR73.5 (39th out of 192 WR)Darnell MooneyWR60.3 (103rd out of 192 WR)
Jameson WilliamsWR51.0 (173rd out of 192 WR)Tyler ScottWR56.4 (132nd out of 192 WR)
Kalif RaymondWR73.3 (40th out of 192 WR)Equanimeous St. BrownWR57.7 (124th out of 192 WR)
Donovan Peoples-Jones WR51.3 (168th out of 192 WR)Trent TaylorWR53.9 (146th out of 192 WR)
Antoine GreenWR50.9 (172nd out of 192 WR)Velus Jones Jr.WR49.3 (180th out of 192 WR)
Sam LaPortaTE74.0 (12th out of 103 TE)Cole KmetTE71.0 (20th out of 103 TE)
Brock WrightTE45.0 (92nd out of 103)Robert TonyanTE47.1 85th out of 103 TE)
James MitchellTE44.1 (33 snaps)Marcedes LewisTE76.0 (9th out of 103 TE)
Jahmyr GibbsHB73.0 (33rd out of 121 HB)D'Onta ForemanHB77.1 (17th out of 121 HB)
David MontgomeryHB75.2 (29th out of 121 HB)Khalil HerbertHB79.3 (13th out of 121 HB)
Craig ReynoldsHB80.3 (20th out of 121 HB)Roshon JohnsonHB68.2 (52nd out of 121 HB)
Devine OzigboHB66.5 (58th out of 121 HB)Darrynton EvansHB69.8 (45th out of 121 HB)
Malcolm RodriguezFB66.3 (9 snaps, does not qualify, but would be 2nd out of 10)Khari BlasingameFB56.2 (3rd of 9 FB)
Taylor DeckerLT77.1 (16th out of 127 T)Larry BoromLT49.5 (250th out of 298 OL)
Jonah JacksonLG61.8 (43rd out of 121 G)
Cody Whitehair
LG44.7 (274th out of 298 OL)
Frank RagnowC80.5 (4th out of 50 C)Lucas PatrickC48.9 (254th out of 298 OL)
Graham GlasgowRG76.9 (7th out of 121 T)Tevin JenkinsRG72.0 (55th out of 298 OL)
Penei SewellRT84.8 (2nd out of 127 T)Darnell WrightRT63.1 (121st out of 298 OL)
Dan SkipperT-G56.6 (72nd out of 121 G)Braxton JonesT61.5 (135th out of 298 OL)
Halapoulivaati VaitaiG68.3 (25th out of 121 G)Nate DavisG55.6 (208th out of 298 OL)
Kayode AwosikaG69.5 (17th out of 121 G)Ja'Tyre CarterG49.0 (253th out of 298 OL)
Colby SorsdalG-T47.8 (103rd out of 121 G)Dan FeeneyG60.0 (164th out of 298 OL)
Riley PattersonK72.1 (20th out of 37 K)Cairo SantosK77.2 (14th out of 37 K)

Last edited:
I'm not 100% sure Fields is done in Chicago
He is under Year 4 of his rookie deal in '24, they might not pick up his 5th Year option, I can see that.
Maybe he will be traded to another team.

Bears fans - want to weigh in here?

@FairWarning @flapgreen @InDitkaWeTrust @Max Power @Sunday Gravy tag your friends
The smart play, not necessarily the popular play, is to KEEP Fields into year 4. He's still cheap and they can pick up his 5th year option before committing to a long term deal. Fire Eberflus/Getsy and hire someone who is committed to retooling an offense to suit Fields. Hire a Greg Roman type OC who can use Fields' arm to stretch the field and legs to keep the DBs guessing. Use both high 1sts on blue chippers for the OL/WR/DL group and evaluate him under a consistent new system even if it means paying for that 5th year option. If Fields doesn't work out, then you have a great base to work with in looking for another QB.

Gauging from Poles work so far, my guess is that he will do exactly that.

He is under Year 4 of his rookie deal in '24, they might not pick up his 5th Year option, I can see that.

@FairWarning @flapgreen @InDitkaWeTrust @Max Power @Sunday Gravy tag your friends
IDK because they don’t know. No one knows who will be the coach - or if they totally clean house. I know that the Getsy offense isn’t the one for Fields. They have to decide right after the season what direction to go with management before they can decide on Fields. In that case, I probably pick up the 5th year and let the next administration figure it out. Few coaches get two years of total rebuild with little progress.

My thought on Fields and next year....
  • fire the HC, this guy doesn't get it
  • take whatever you can get for Justin. It's a sunk cost, move on.
  • 1.01 from CAR is Drake Mayes or Caleb Williams or whatever flavor you like
  • MOVE UP ONE SPOT ABOVE NYG (everyone else is probably taking QB)
  • 1.0X is Marvin Harrison Jr
  • profit
We don't know the draft order but looking at the current tankathon the Bears have the 1.01 and 1.05. Do you trust Ryan Poels? If the answer is not a resounding yes, you will NEVER have this much draft capital again.

For this week, Fields worries me. Definitely an athlete capable of coming off the mat and balling out. Zombie QB.

Quick question, when does a team have to decide on a 5th year option for 1st round picks? Is there a specific date?

The deadline for teams to exercise 2024 fifth-year options for 2020 first-round picks was May 2.

This article has a lot of detail on how the 2020 CBA modified the rules for the 5th year option.
Thanks, I keep forgetting that teams have to decide before the player's 4th season.

• profit
We don't know the draft order but looking at the current tankathon the Bears have the 1.01 and 1.05. Do you trust Ryan Poels? If the answer is not a resounding yes, you will NEVER have this much draft capital again.
That’s fine if they want to draft a qb, but I’m not wasting 1.1 on it. Busting out in 2 consecutive top-10 qbs is expensive and sets your team back. They can get a 2nd rounder or even lower. They can’t afford to miss with this draft.

Lions coming home after a nice bounce.
Bears are meh at best with or without Fields.
I fear for The Bear this week.
Detroit City big...

Lions- 38
Bears- 17

Lions coming home after a nice bounce.
Bears are meh at best with or without Fields.
I fear for The Bear this week.
Detroit City big...

Lions- 38
Bears- 17

I don't think the Bears are as terrible as they were early in the season. Defense has gotten healthy and lots of young talent. But I doubt they can stop the Lions offense which is just now peaking. The Lions run defense is very good though, so it will be a tough day for the Bears RBs. Justin will have a good day running the ball, and if he can connect with DJ Moore enough, it could end up keeping the game close. The Lions strengths match up too well against the Bears, so it should be a tough days for the Bears.

Lions 27
Bears 17

Unfortunately, the Bears or Bills could be a landing spot if Ben Johnson decides he wants to be a HC. If Ben leaves, I doubt he leaves for a team like the Panthers.

• profit
I want Eberflus and Poles gone the day after the season ends. I don't want them making anymore decisions that impact this team.

Your qb plan above looks good to me. But with the other early pick I'd like a big defensive playmaker.

Chicago is a hard team to read. We're clearly still saying we are in "evaluation" mode, and I think we are to some degree. However if Poles has a top 2 pick and we don't draft a QB and one of those two QBs replicate C.J. Stroud's season, Poles time as a GM is done barring Fields taking a massive jump.

I think Fields' time in Chicago is dependent on draft position and how we view Maye & Williams... Maybe another QB as well as this is a decent QB draft.

Someone reported his fifth year option is worth 20mil. That isn't a terrible number for a starting QB in the NFL. There may be some value in picking it up and moving him to another team as an extended rental. After week 1 in either the Bears or JF thread I said there were rumors out of Halas Hall that the Bears wanted to force JF to be a more traditional QB because they didn't want to spend "Daniel Jones Type Money" on a scrambling QB due to his injury risk. I understood that from the business side and seeing Both JF and Jones get hurt this year, I think that line of thinking is only solidified more in Halas Hall now.

To me this boils down to 1 has to go. Coaching staff or JF. They can't coexist functionally. Staff won't adjust to JF's strengths and JF isn't great when forced to be a pocket QB. If I had to guess, I think Poles likes Eberflus because he's a yes man up the chain. I think Flus looks like a bonehead at the podium because Bears leadership want him to message vs tell it like it is and he tries his best, but sucks at it.

Flus sucks as a Head coach and JF isn't a QB I want to hitch my wagon to long term. So all this to say its a S**tshow, and I have no idea how this plays out week to week and I almost doubt the Bears do as well. But in the most Bears way possible, I think JF has 1-2 more terrific games in him, 2-3 more duds and several mediocre games. We play our way into the 10th overall pick and miss out on the game changers.

Putting on my tinfoil hat (as I love to do), I think if the Bears come out running a conservative pocket passing JF they are still evaluating him in the style they want to run. If they free him up and let him do things he excels at, they are showcasing him for a future trade and have already made up their minds on him.

Fields gonna come out and take his job back by force. Expect the best game of his career.

Lions win in a game that’s much closer than people expect*.

Lions 34
Bears 31

*I am terrible at predicting scores and no one should take this seriously. Please gamble responsibly.

• profit
I'm souring on Poles, but still willing to give him a chance. His fleecing of Carolina alone bought him one extra year.

Harrison Jr is the guy we all crave, but my eternal pessimism as a Bears Fan limits my expectations

Something weird is going on with Buggs.

When asked whether the defender still has a role on this year's team, Campbell responded bluntly.

"Not today, he doesn't," Campbell said. "He's not in the building."

Good job, I've been drifting into that Bears thread, my take is that Bears fans would be alright trying to continue an improvement in the OL/DL and if Fields fails then at least the team is ready to receive a rookie QB setting up the best situation to succeed.

But it's the Bears and I don't exactly give them an A for what they did at the Draft last year. Yes they have two top picks in '24 but they still need a lot of help. They don't have a 2nd Rd pick but they can trade down to acquire more of them if they want to go that route.

Flus sucks as a Head coach and JF isn't a QB I want to hitch my wagon to long term.
Agree, Poles may not want to hitch his wagon to Fields either. Pace drafted him, so Poles may want to draft "his guy" and see how it plays out. As a lifelong suffering Bears fan I thought the Bears found their guy in Fields, he has some great games and some head-scratchers, so, will time tell or has Poles seen enough?!?! The Bears don't have enough firepower to keep up with Detroit, Lions roll 37 - 10.

Good job, I've been drifting into that Bears thread, my take is that Bears fans would be alright trying to continue an improvement in the OL/DL and if Fields fails then at least the team is ready to receive a rookie QB setting up the best situation to succeed.

But it's the Bears and I don't exactly give them an A for what they did at the Draft last year. Yes they have two top picks in '24 but they still need a lot of help. They don't have a 2nd Rd pick but they can trade down to acquire more of them if they want to go that route.
As a draft, Poles did pretty darn good in 2023. The trio of Wright, Dexter, and Stephenson have been solid for 1st/2nd round picks. Roschon, who I think will be the starter next season, is a solid 4th rounder. 5th round CB Terrell Smith has looked really good up until he got Mono. Sure, he could have had Jalen Carter, but I don't think the Bears were in a position to take that kind of chance on their high 1st rounder.

I have no idea what they do with fields, but can you imagine the haul they can get from trading both of those early 1st round picks. Plenty of teams are gonna be willing to trade up for Caleb Williams, Drake Maye, Bo Nix or Marvin Harrison.

The smart play, not necessarily the popular play, is to KEEP Fields into year 4. He's still cheap and they can pick up his 5th year option before committing to a long term deal. Fire Eberflus/Getsy and hire someone who is committed to retooling an offense to suit Fields. Hire a Greg Roman type OC who can use Fields' arm to stretch the field and legs to keep the DBs guessing. Use both high 1sts on blue chippers for the OL/WR/DL group and evaluate him under a consistent new system even if it means paying for that 5th year option. If Fields doesn't work out, then you have a great base to work with in looking for another QB.

Gauging from Poles work so far, my guess is that he will do exactly that.
The more film I see, I like the plays Getsy draws up. You can tell that the guy has a good mind for play design. But he's a HORRIBLE play caller and has said publicly that he's not changing his system based on the QB. So there's some Yin and Yang there. I think that the Dobbs/Hockenson pitch and catch last week showed you can "dumb down" a playbook and have it work. Getsy obviously slimmed down the playbook for Bagent, but doesn't seem inclined to do that for JF. I don't know what's going on there, but I'm getting strong "Fields isn't my kind of QB" vibes from Getsy.

As far as keeping / trading Fields, the thing we're not privy to is what chatter the Bears are hearing. If the market is cold and the only thing you're being offered is a conditional 6th rounder, then I'd rather just see if we can fix him until the clock runs out. We can say trade him all we want, but if there's nothing of value being offered.......

My chips are all in on seeing if we can turn this Frankenstein into a ballerina. He's the Neo to my Morpheus. IMO the kid has the PHYSICAL tools to be the greatest QB in the history of the game. He's got the arm of Marino and the legs of Vick. If the Bears can get that pudding holder he calls a head into average QB territory, it'll be like one side having jets and aircraft carriers during the civil war. He'd be "in his prime" Marvin Hagler boxing 12 year olds. And I think that's the one thing Bears fans forget. You only get so many cracks at "once in a generation" talents. If he sits on the bench the rest of the season, the Bears aren't going to the playoffs anyway. Play him, work with him, COACH him....because when it clicks it'll be champagne wishes and caviar dreams. Madden on rookie mode. And if it doesn't click he'll take the Jacoby Brissett tour around the NFL and the Bears will draft the next guy (who will hopefully be throwing to DJ Moore and MH jr.!). My nightmare scenario is Justin holding up the Lombardi Trophy in a Packers uniform, but that's neither here nor there.

My gut feeling is that if someone offers a 1 for him in the offseason, they would take it. Out of principle alone I think they wouldn't accept less than a high 3 though. That Claypool thing still stings. Considering the capital they gave up to get Fields, I doubt there's an appetite to trade him for a 4 (or less), especially while he's on his rookie deal. I'd be curious to see if they'd take a 2 from the Falcons.

Long story short, IMO, he's on the (hopefully playoff-bound) Bears roster when games kickoff in 2024.

If the Bears want to trade and get value for Fields they need to trade him now to someone like Cleveland who is desperate. If they hang on and he looks like crap in this offense his value will go down

If the Bears want to trade and get value for Fields they need to trade him now to someone like Cleveland who is desperate. If they hang on and he looks like crap in this offense his value will go down
Has there ever been a midseason QB trade of this magnitude? I don't see that happening at all

Something weird is going on with Buggs.

When asked whether the defender still has a role on this year's team, Campbell responded bluntly.

"Not today, he doesn't," Campbell said. "He's not in the building."
It has been weird all year. Right from week 1 when he wasn't active. Seems like there is some personality issue or he's just not been willing to take the role the Lions have given him.

Bears should be a win but if Fields is healthy, he can give any defense fits with his legs. Still, hard to see how the Bears defense holds up against Goff-Gibbs-Monty-ARSB-LaPorta behind that line. They built a team to perfectly complement Goff and Detroit can beat you every which way on offense. I say Lions win 31-20.

I have no idea what they do with fields, but can you imagine the haul they can get from trading both of those early 1st round picks. Plenty of teams are gonna be willing to trade up for Caleb Williams, Drake Maye, Bo Nix or Marvin Harrison.

The trade deadline passed several weeks ago.

Lions G Jonah Jackson and DT Isaiah Buggs will be OUT against the Bears on Sunday.

DB Ifeatu Melifonwu questionable

Still bummed we cut Starling Thomas V bc we didn’t want to IR Moseley. Zero benefit since E-Man’s 2 snaps and done season didn’t begin until Week 5. We could use the speedy rookie rn (and at several other points this season already.)

Bears final injury report vs. Lions

OUT: Noah Sewell (knee)

QUESTIONABLE: Jack Sanborn (ankle/illness), D'Onta Foreman (ankle), Tremaine Edmunds (knee - upgraded from DNP to LIMITED)

No injury designation for Khalil Herbert, who has yet to be activated off IR.

Fields is full speed ahead as well.

Hutch will get a half dozen pressures & multiple sacks this week v Darnell Wright (60.9 in pass pro, has allowed 31 pressures and 5 sacks, 84th out of 123 graded T in pass blocking efficiency.)

note - updated da Bears offensive players upthread

DETROIT + CHICAGO DEFENSE

PlayerPositionPFF Grade (rank)PlayerPositionPFF Grade (rank)
Alim McNeilDI87.9 (6th out of 192 DI)Justin JonesDI51.1 (140th out of 192)
Isaiah Buggs (OUT)DI66.9 (47th out of 192 DI)Andrew BillingsDI67.7 (44th out of 192)
John CominskyDI61.4 (74th out of 192 DI)Gervon Dexter Sr.DI62.5 (69th out of 192)
Levi OnwuzurikeDI59.2 (93rd out of 192 DI)Zacch PickensDI51.9 (131st out of 192)
Benito JonesDI46.8 (157th out of 192 DI)
Aidan HutchinsonED90.2 (7th out of 180 ED)Yannick NgakoueED38.4 (171st out of 180)
Romeo OkwaraED71.2 (50th out of 180 ED)DeMarcus WalkerED58.9 (108th out of 180)
Charles HarrisED57.9 (117th out of 180 ED)Rasheem GreenED53.1 (142nd out of 180)
Josh PaschalED57.8 (118th out of 180 ED)Dominique RobinsonED37.9 (173rd out of 180)
Julian OkwaraED55.7 (128th out of 180 EDMontez SweatED76.5 (35th out of 180)
Alex AnzaloneLB74.1 (31st out of 160 LB)T.J. EdwardsLB80.2 (17th out of 160 LB)
Derrick BarnesLB62.9 (86th out of 160 LB)Tremaine EdmundsLB53.1 (128th out of 160 LB)
Jack CampbellLB48.1 (135th out of 160 LB)Jack SanbornLB67.7 (63rd out of 160 LB)
Malcolm RoriguezLB47.9 (137th out of 160 LB)
Brian BranchSlot CB72.0 (33rd out of 203 CB)Tyrique StevensonCB47.6 (180th out of 203 CB)
Jerry JacobsRCB65.9 (79th out of 203 CB)Jaylon JohnsonCB82.0 (10th out of 203 CB)
Cam SuttonLCB57.7 (143rd out of 203 CB)Kyler GordonCB69.1 (53rd out of 203 CB)
Will HarrisWorst CB47.9 (178th out of 203 CB)Terell SmithCB70.6 (42nd out of 203 CB)
Khalil DorseyCB66.1 (78th out of 203 CB)Greg Stroman Jr.CB66.6 (72nd out of 203 CB)
Emmanuel Moseley#1 CB60.6 (2 snaps season ending ACL)Jaylon JonesCB62.5 (102nd out of 203 CB)
Ifeatu MelifonwuS75.1 (21st out of 158 S)Elijah HicksS47.1 (142nd out of 158 S)
C.J. Gardner-JohnsonS (IR-R)70.7 (35th out of 158 S)Jaquan BriskerS57.9 (109th out of 158 S)
Tracy Walker IIIS65.3 (58th out of 158 S)Eddie JacksonS69.5 (43rd out of 158 S)
Kerby JosephS54.9 (121st out of 158 S)Duron HarmonS63.6 (72nd out of 158 S)
Jack FoxP68.9 (13th out of 36 P)Trenton GillP63.3 (26th out of 36 P)

Last edited:

Meh...Walter played against teams such as Lane College where they would win 72-0 while Walter scoring 7 TDs. While Barry played Texas A&M and Oklahoma while putting up a season Walter did not come even remotely close to matching. Barry even sat out most 4th quarters and a lot of 3rd quarters. Walter was great, but nothing comes close to what Barry accomplished his junior year... 2850 rushing yards, 44 TDs. It took Walter all 4 years to exceed those numbers.

Last edited:
Red Zone Efficiency
  1. Miami 75.00%
  2. LA Chargers 72.41%
  3. Buffalo 70.27%
  4. Baltimore 65.22%
  5. Chicago 62.96%
….

26. Detroit 48.39%​

Lions have elevated Quinton Bohanna and Connor Galvin from the practice squad for tomorrow (Buggs & Jackson out.)

Bohanna is a 338 lb space eater. Former Cowboy, 6th round pick in 2021. Guess that tells you where the Brodric Martin experiment is at rn.

Galvin is a UDFA rookie.

Lions are wearing their Honolulu Blues tomorrow - blue jersey, blue pants, blue socks. They have won the last four games they wore them at home:
  • 2022: Week 13 v Jags, Week 14 v Vikings
  • 2023: Week 3 v Falcons, Week 5 v Panthers
I mean...they're 15-4 in their last 19 so pretty much anything they put on is probably a lucky combo.

Last edited:
Bears have activated RB Khalil Herbert off IR and flexed LB Micah Baskerville and LB DeMarquis Gates from the practice squad to the active roster.

Bears defense has been playing better, especially v the run. But that is really a function more of who they are playing than anything their front 7 is doing. The rushing attacks they “shut down” - WAS, MIN, LV, CAR - all rank in the bottom 6 for team rushing.

The Lions have covered the spread in 11 straight games against the NFC North and the Bears are one of the league’s worst teams. Detroit has the ability to blow out teams and we’ve seen it a handful of times this season. The Panthers are probably the most equal team to the Bears and the Lions crushed them 42-24.

At home they play better on both sides of the ball. They take care of business. I know Chicago is a hungry and dangerous young team, but they just don’t have enough dudes.

Detroit 34, Bears 23

Red Zone Efficiency
  1. Miami 75.00%
  2. LA Chargers 72.41%
  3. Buffalo 70.27%
  4. Baltimore 65.22%
  5. Chicago 62.96%
….

26. Detroit 48.39%​
Any insights from the DET crowd on why the RZ efficiency is so low this season? Seems like it should be a LOT higher.

No not really. They’re certainly self-aware & supposedly it was a point of emphasis during their bye week self scouting. But the struggles continued early on v the Chargers.

I don’t think there are any simple answers like they miss Jamaal. David Montgomery is a big upgrade.

Last year they had an extraordinary number of passing plays that were stopped on the 1 or yard line.

I’m not overly concerned, they have a top 5 offense, but it’s a strange anomaly.

Red Zone Efficiency
  1. Miami 75.00%
  2. LA Chargers 72.41%
  3. Buffalo 70.27%
  4. Baltimore 65.22%
  5. Chicago 62.96%
….

26. Detroit 48.39%​
Interesting. Surprising really. Wonder if they simply get less aggressive offensively when they get close?

Nope - doesn’t seem like that to me at all. They basically never turtle up, they are borderline reckless.

It’s something they talk about in the HC / OC pressers. Just not executing down close.

Users who are viewing this thread