What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Shark Pool Mock Draft Starts Right Now (1 Viewer)

sspunisher

Footballguy
I'll be updating this randomly. Feel free to submit a pick, first come first serve. Please include analysis if you submit a pick.

Shark Pool Mock Draft

[*]

[*]Indianapolis: Andrew Luck: Easiest pick in the draft.

[*]Washington: Robert Griffin III Redskins will need to get him help during free agency, b/c it won't come through the draft for a long time.

[*]Minnesota: Matt Kalil: Blackmon would be great here, but the only thing a young QB needs more than a stud WR is a stud LT.

[*]Cleveland: Trent Richardson: No reason to reach for Tannenhill. Take a player who will protect Colt McCoy in 2012 and whoever is QB in 2013.

[*]Tampa Bay: Morris Claiborne: Brings youth and stability to a secondary that is lacking both.

[*]St. Louis: Justin Blackmon: They get the guy they'd draft at #2, while collecting a ridiculous amount of draft picks in the process.

[*]Jacksonville: Michael Floyd: Even though best available is defense, the Jags are desperate to surround Gabbert with weapons.

[*]Miami Ryan Tannenhill: Dolphins can't get a QB to come willingly to Miami, so they're stuck with drafting one.

[*]Carolina: Luke Kuechly: More draft shockers continue. While everyone plays to the Coples/Peppers comparison, few are talking about Carolina's LB situation. Beason tore his achilles. Thomas Davis can't stay healthy. Connor is now in Dallas. Teaming Coples with Charles Johnson is a luxury Carolina can't afford. If Beason can't come back from injury, here's his replacement. If he can, he's moved around a lot in his career so they can coexist.

[*]Buffalo Reilly Reiff: Buffalo addressed their Defensive needs in FA and adds Reiff here to protect their investment in Fitzpatrick.

[*]Kansas City Dontari Poe: Ingram is the best available player here, but I'm convinced Poe's combine will be too irresistible. The Chiefs have some excellent rushing OLBs in place already led by Tamba Hali so they go with team need instead. Since Kuechly is surprisingly off the board, the Chiefs settle with Poe. While he's boom or bust, he will be significantly less risky for a team needing him to eat up two blockers at the NT position in the 3-4. This will help Derrick Johnson and whoever ends up playing beside him.

[*]Seattle Melvin Ingram: There's a pressing need at tackle and guard, but their best defensive end is over 30 years old. Ingram falling in Pete Carrol's lap is too hard to pass up. His versatility and big play ability will be a nice addition to Red Bryant on the dline.

[*]Arizona David DeCastro: Kevin Kolb playing without an O-line is like a drunk driver speeding without a seatbelt. He'll crash either way, but it'd be nice not to go through the damn windshield. If Coples fell this far, I'd actually expect a team like Philly to try to trade up and grab him, allowing the Cards to draft either DeCastro or Martin. But since I'm not projecting trades, I suspect the Cards would be content taking the best guard in the draft than reaching for an offensive tackle.

[*]Dallas Quinton Coples: Ingram and Coples sliding would make a lot of Cowboys fans happy. Here they get Coples, THE prototype when it comes to the 5 technique for the Cowboys' 3-4. This guy will make his presence felt immediately and would offer some very nice flexibility in their nickle defense. The different combinations of Ware, Ratliff and Coples moving all around would drive offenses crazy, not to mention help that secondary. Any questions about motor or desire will be put to rest when he sees that star on his helmet. You can't half-### it on national T.V.

[*]Philadelphia Michael Brockers: While not the most pressing need, he's easily the best value on the board so Philly pulls the trigger after briefly considering Barron. Brockers will be linked with Dontari Poe for a long time as we have two completely opposite players. One who has decent tape but not the best measurables (Brockers) and one who didn't have the best tape but amazing measurables (Poe). Both have great upside but Brockers has the higher floor and will join the relentless Philly D-line rotation. The defensive line play in the NFC East continues to get better.

[*]New York Jets

[*]Cincinnati

[*]San Diego

[*]Chicago

[*]Tennessee

[*]Cincinnati

[*]Cleveland

[*]Detroit

[*]Pittsburgh

[*]Denver

[*]Houston

[*]New England

[*]Green Bay

[*]Baltimore

[*]San Francisco

[*]New England

[*]New York Giants

Last edited by a moderator:
Jaguars: Michael Floyd. Even though best available is defense, the Jags are desperate to surround Gabbert with weapons.

Well looks like it's my mock draft for now.

Miami: Ryan Tannenhill: Dolphins can't get a QB to come willingly to Miami, so they're stuck with drafting one.

Panthers: Luke Kuechly: More draft shockers continue. While everyone plays to the Coples/Peppers comparison, few are talking about Carolina's LB situation. Beason tore his achilles. Thomas Davis can't stay healthy. Connor is now in Dallas. Teaming Coples with Charles Johnson is a luxury Carolina can't afford. If Beason can't come back from injury, here's his replacement. If he can, he's moved around a lot in his career so they can coexist.

Buffalo - OT Reilly Reiff

Buffalo addressed their Defensive needs in FA and adds Reiff here to protect their investment in Fitzpatrick.

Chiefs: Dontari Poe: Ingram is the best available player here, but I'm convinced Poe's combine will be too irresistible. The Chiefs have some excellent rushing OLBs in place already led by Tamba Hali so they go with team need instead. Since Kuechly is surprisingly off the board, the Chiefs settle with Poe. While he's boom or bust, he will be significantly less risky for a team needing him to eat up two blockers at the NT position in the 3-4. This will help Derrick Johnson and whoever ends up playing beside him.

Panthers: Luke Kuechly: More draft shockers continue. While everyone plays to the Coples/Peppers comparison, few are talking about Carolina's LB situation. Beason tore his achilles. Thomas Davis can't stay healthy. Connor is now in Dallas. Teaming Coples with Charles Johnson is a luxury Carolina can't afford. If Beason can't come back from injury, here's his replacement. If he can, he's moved around a lot in his career so they can coexist.
I love thinking outside of the box and this is a good one. I am not knocking the logic at all. I can tell you only what I hear locally. Their biggest areas of need are DL and CB. They have got to get Charles Johnson some help on that line. The the D-line gets manhandled at the line no LB is going to be effective. Davis and Beason are ahead of schedule on their rehab so I am really not overly worried about them. I think the best pick at this spot is Melvin Ingram. Panther brass would fall all over themselves getting their card turned in to get this versatile pass rusher. Ingram can play DE, DL and LB and Carolina has a need at all three. Keep it up though man. I love seeing someone actually doing something a little different with a mock. :thumbup:

I love thinking outside of the box and this is a good one. I am not knocking the logic at all. I can tell you only what I hear locally. Their biggest areas of need are DL and CB. They have got to get Charles Johnson some help on that line. The the D-line gets manhandled at the line no LB is going to be effective. Davis and Beason are ahead of schedule on their rehab so I am really not overly worried about them. I think the best pick at this spot is Melvin Ingram. Panther brass would fall all over themselves getting their card turned in to get this versatile pass rusher. Ingram can play DE, DL and LB and Carolina has a need at all three. Keep it up though man. I love seeing someone actually doing something a little different with a mock. :thumbup:
Thanks man, we always see craziness that we don't expect on Draft Day so I'm trying to project some of it in a mock. I avoided Ingram here b/c Carolina doesn't play a 3-4 but I love the point you made about how his versatility would fill more than 1 position of need. Looking back I'd probably put Ingram here and Kuechly to the Seahawks but I'll leave that for the next mock.

Seattle: Melvin Ingram. There's a pressing need at tackle and guard, but their best defensive end is over 30 years old. Ingram falling in Pete Carrol's lap is too hard to pass up. His versatility and big play ability will be a nice addition to Red Bryant on the dline.

Cardinals: David DeCastro: Kevin Kolb playing without an O-line is like a drunk driver speeding without a seatbelt. He'll crash either way, but it'd be nice not to go through the damn windshield. If Coples fell this far, I'd actually expect a team like Philly to try to trade up and grab him, allowing the Cards to draft either DeCastro or Martin. But since I'm not projecting trades, I suspect the Cards would be content taking the best guard in the draft than reaching for an offensive tackle.

Cowboys: Quinton Coples: Ingram and Coples sliding would make a lot of Cowboys fans happy. Here they get Coples, THE prototype when it comes to the 5 technique for the Cowboys' 3-4. This guy will make his presence felt immediately and would offer some very nice flexibility in their nickle defense. The different combinations of Ware, Ratliff and Coples moving all around would drive offenses crazy. Any questions about motor or desire will be put to rest when he sees that star on his helmet. You can't half-### it on national T.V.

Philly: Michael Brockers: While not the most pressing need, he's easily the best value on the board so Philly pulls the trigger after briefly considering Barron. Brockers will be linked with Dontari Poe for a long time as we have two completely opposite players. One who has decent tape but not the best measurables (Brockers) and one who didn't have the best tape but amazing measurables (Poe). Both have great upside but Brockers has the higher floor and will add more rotation to a relentless Philly D-line. The defensive line play in the NFC East continues to get better.

Users who are viewing this thread