What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Reggie Wayne Career Over? (2 Viewers)

Or he was just there to get a copy of their playbook.
:yes:

Spy for the Colts. They're playing the long game.
I love the conspiracy angle, but I have to wonder how much advantage having a playbook would actually give a rival team.

Serious question, if anyone knows: Suppose tmz were to publish the Patriots' entire playbook Monday. How much of an edge would this give the Steelers? Enough to move the point spread? Enough to near-guarantee a victory? None at all?

He said he wants to win yet asks for release soon after Tom wins his appeal?

Doesn't smell right.

:yes:

Spy for the Colts. They're playing the long game.
I love the conspiracy angle, but I have to wonder how much advantage having a playbook would actually give a rival team.Serious question, if anyone knows: Suppose tmz were to publish the Patriots' entire playbook Monday. How much of an edge would this give the Steelers? Enough to move the point spread? Enough to near-guarantee a victory? None at all?
More than taping a walk through, which never happened

According to CBS Boston's Scott Zolak, free agent Reggie Wayne requested his release from the Patriots because he found the "work environment too tough," and "not fun" in Foxboro.
Keep in mind Zolak is a notorious Patriots homer who's not exactly objective on Pats-related matters. In any case, multiple reports Saturday indicated Wayne indeed asked for his release, and coach Bill Belichick called the decision "mutual" on cut-down day. Wayne is reportedly now considering retirement, but would be open to playing one more year if the right team pursues him.
Related: Patriots
Source: Scott Zolak on Twitter Sep 5 - 11:08 PM

:yes: Spy for the Colts. They're playing the long game.
I love the conspiracy angle, but I have to wonder how much advantage having a playbook would actually give a rival team.Serious question, if anyone knows: Suppose tmz were to publish the Patriots' entire playbook Monday. How much of an edge would this give the Steelers? Enough to move the point spread? Enough to near-guarantee a victory? None at all?
Before every super bowl he's been in with the pats, Belichick signs the free agent most recently cut from the team he's facing. That player practices with the team for two weeks but never plays in the game. Do you think this is a coincidence?
It's brilliant. Nothing against the rules about it so why not take advantage?

Users who are viewing this thread