What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Sean Tucker, TB (2 Viewers)

It's scary when the draft capital doesn't match the FF price tag, although I think there are obvious extenuating circumstances here. Seen it in the past with Hakeem Butler, Lache Seastrunk, etc. People lock into the idea of who a player is, and then ignore the new data. I guess you could counter that with Stefon Diggs and and Tyreek Hill, but I think we know that the odds are grim for day 3+ guys. If Tucker falls that far (which looks likely), I'll have to consider him a longshot. Not because I don't believe in the talent, but because teams are saying they don't think he can play football. But of course I'd still be curious for the right price. Maybe a late 2nd-early 3rd round rookie pick? Depends on how wary the league is of the health status, which we'll find out soon. If they still deem him a top 100 guy then I'm in. If they give him the round 6-7+ treatment then I think we have to be pessimistic about his ability to stay on the field, and treat him like more of a hail Mary lottery ticket for FF purposes.

Purely from a football standpoint, I'm 100% in though. It's just a question of whether this is a Marcus Lattimore type of situation where you're drafting a guy who will never really be able to play football. A lot of people went too high on him and got caught holding the bag.

Would've been long gone by now if it were just about talent, so obviously the availability is the question mark.

Really unlucky for Tucker. Maybe someone burns a late 7th on him, but if you can't be cleared to play, your skills don't matter.

Bucs signed undrafted Syracuse RB Sean Tucker.​

The Bucs take a flier on Tucker after his mystery health issues kept him from being taken in the 2023 draft. Tucker (5’9/207) took over the starting gig at Syracuse as a sophomore in 2021 and rushed for 1,496 yards and a dozen touchdowns. He followed that up with another 1,060 yards and 11 scores in 2022. Tucker’s receiving ability doesn’t jump out on tape, but he’s more than capable of handling dump-offs and turning upfield. He caught 56 balls for 509 yards and four scores in his two seasons as a starter. He has a track background, though his elite speed shows up less frequently than it should. Tucker doesn’t navigate the line of scrimmage well and will need to improve on that at the next level, but he has the production profile of an NFL starter. Tucker will likely serve as backfield depth in Tampa.
SOURCE: Adam Caplan on Twitter
Apr 29, 2023, 7:50 PM ET

Excited to have him and rooting hard for him to succeed. Landed in a great spot to earn early playing time.
When you only have Chase Edmonds and Ke'Shawn Vaughn to beat out for work behind White, that is a good spot. I'm thinking a veteran will be added to the mix here though.

Excited to have him and rooting hard for him to succeed. Landed in a great spot to earn early playing time.
When you only have Chase Edmonds and Ke'Shawn Vaughn to beat out for work behind White, that is a good spot. I'm thinking a veteran will be added to the mix here though.
They don't really have any money for another vet, so if they did add someone they wouldn't be much of a threat to White. If Tucker is right he could easily earn the backup job out of camp.

10 Team 1QB PPR dynasty league, I just took him with the 3.04 pick, pretty sure that’s way earlier than most owners would take him but this year’s rookie draft is pretty much dart throws once you get towards the middle/late 2nd round picks. After reading Sean Tucker’s Twitter posts about being medically cleared for his pro day and then Tampa giving him $150,000 guaranteed, just seems like things might just work out for him.

As a White owner, I'm planning on stashing him late as a handcuff in my late August draft. I think he'd be more likely to have a prominent role over Edmonds/Vaughn if White went down or faltered big time. Just hope he doesn't make too much noise during training camp.

As a White owner, I'm planning on stashing him late as a handcuff in my late August draft. I think he'd be more likely to have a prominent role over Edmonds/Vaughn if White went down or faltered big time. Just hope he doesn't make too much noise during training camp.

It would not surprise me to see him win the backup role if he is as advertised. Prior to the medical concerns he had a 4th round grade, and going into the season many thought he was the 2nd best back in the class.

It would not surprise me to see him win the backup role if he is as advertised. Prior to the medical concerns he had a 4th round grade, and going into the season many thought he was the 2nd best back in the class.
Yea the competition is only Keyshawn Vaughn (terrible) and Chase Edmonds (also terrible). I very much expect Tucker to make the team and this to be the worst RB group in the league.

Oline seems like it is coming along though so maybe they can be productive.

Just took him at 3.09 in a 12 team SF, maybe early but wanted to take a chance on his talent.

Great deep sleeper IMO
How deep? I took him at 3.09 and feel that was reaching a bit, but I wanted to take the shot.
From what I’ve seen so far he seems to go in the 30-40 range. I took him at 3.06 myself in a 12 team Devy league. It was my first pick of the draft and my team is in pretty good shape. I’d rather swing for the fences with my mid-round selections than take guys that I feel could potentially be quality depth pieces, at best, in the future.

Edit: I took him 3.06 not 3.04.

Last edited:
Great deep sleeper IMO
How deep? I took him at 3.09 and feel that was reaching a bit, but I wanted to take the shot.
From what I’ve seen so far he seems to go in the 30-40 range. I took him at 3.04 myself in a 12 team Devy league. It was my first pick of the draft and my team is in pretty good shape. I’d rather swing for the fences with my mid-round selections than take guys that I feel could potentially be quality depth pieces, at best, in the future.
While true, those that took him in DEVY leagues last year or the year before can‘t feel great about him.

So weird to read the first page of this thread, watch his highlights, and then think he went undrafted because of his medicals or lack of testing numbers.

So excited for the Bucs to get this kid.

Great deep sleeper IMO
Maybe I'm crazy, but if his health issues are something he can get past, I think he has a legitimate shot to become the starter in TB. Lock to at least be the primary backup.

That's better value than you usually get at 3.9. Of course, if the health issue keeps him off the field, well then it's a bust, but I'd argue the juice is definitely worth the squeeze that late in rookie drafts.

Great deep sleeper IMO
From what I’ve seen so far he seems to go in the 30-40 range. I took him at 3.04 myself in a 12 team Devy league. It was my first pick of the draft and my team is in pretty good shape. I’d rather swing for the fences with my mid-round selections than take guys that I feel could potentially be quality depth pieces, at best, in the future.
That's how to build championship teams IMO.

Maybe I'm crazy, but if his health issues are something he can get past, I think he has a legitimate shot to become the starter in TB. Lock to at least be the primary back

Obviously I'm a true believer when it comes to Tucker, but I don't think that's crazy. I liked Chase Edmonds coming out of Fordham a lot more than most. I actually started the Edmonds thread on these boards. That being said, Tucker is basically just a better version of Edmonds. Similar cutting ability and elusiveness, but more powerful and explosive. Rachaad White coming out of ASU looked like basically another Kevin Smith or James Starks. Upright runner with just okay wiggle and escapability. Effectively a "JAG" in the NFL ecosystem. Whether Tucker succeeds or not, I doubt White is starter material.

If the Bucs get the same Tucker we saw at Syracuse, he could be an opening day starter. The situation around his health is really bizarre though. Red-flagged at the combine, but no public disclosure of what the issue is. Cleared to work out at the last minute, but still didn't run the 40. Career rumored to be in doubt, but signs as a UDFA with six figures in guaranteed money. If I remember correctly, his dad is also his agent/manager, which seems like a questionable decision.

There's enough weirdness there to make a projection of his career extremely uncomfortable. Still, if 3rd round is his rookie draft ADP then I'd probably be taking some flyers. It's okay to roll the dice on some longshots if the price isn't going to kill you. My stance on Tucker is that if he's cleared for football and able to fully participate in workouts/practice/games with no complications, he's likely to be a big steal. I just don't know how probable any of that is, as I don't know what's wrong with him or what type of long-term obstacles he may be looking at.

It's one of the more bizarre rookie prospect situations I've seen.

Took him at 5.10 in Zealots PPR league. Worry about the medicals, but, at 5.10, seemed worth the risk given potential upside — usually just happy if someone I take there is still on my roster in another year or two.

Took him at 5.10 in Zealots PPR league. Worry about the medicals, but, at 5.10, seemed worth the risk given potential upside — usually just happy if someone I take there is still on my roster in another year or two.
Same thought process - I took him at 6.05 in a 12 team IDP league - if he hits, great, otherwise a low cost cut

You guys are getting steals. He went 3.3 in my league - a few spots before my 3.8 where I was praying to be able to cuff him to White.
He also went for $40/$100 blind bid dollars in a buddy of mine's league post draft (SF, only 4 rounds so he ended up undrafted.)

You guys are getting steals. He went 3.3 in my league - a few spots before my 3.8 where I was praying to be able to cuff him to White.
He also went for $40/$100 blind bid dollars in a buddy of mine's league post draft (SF, only 4 rounds so he ended up undrafted.)
For sure. He’s always went anywhere from early 3rd to mid 4th at the latest in just about every draft that I’ve witnessed. I just got my second share - once again at 3.6 - in a SF/TEP draft that is finishing up.

He did go at the 2.10 in a 14-team non-PPR league that is RB crazy in general - 24th pick of the draft, 11th RB off the board. I had taken Zach Evans at the 2.09 and was hoping to get Tucker at the 3.01

Greg Auman

@gregauman
·
3h

Three undrafted players who were signing with the Bucs — RB Sean Tucker, OL Silas Dzansi and K Jake Bates — were not on the roster for rookie minicamp. Could be delays with physicals, which can just be short term.

Thomas Rawls? Abort! Abort!

Thomas Rawls and Chris Carson were the two most prominent examples. In 2015, Rawls, an undrafted free agent, filled in for Lynch and had 830 rushing yards on 147 carries, which equated to a league-leading 5.6 yards per carry.

After he was injured and fell out of the picture, Carson followed. The seventh-round pick had consecutive 1,000-yard seasons and had a productive career in Seattle.

Seeing how they were able to emerge in the backfield, Canales sees similar traits in Tucker.

“Sean Tucker from Syracuse – fantastic runner – he reminds me of Thomas Rawls, who played great for us for a while,” Canales said. “But he has that physical run style that we loved that we’re going to love here – he’s going to bring a little punch and attitude to what we do.”

Fox Sports' Greg Auman reports Bucs RB Sean Tucker is expected to be ready for training camp.

Tucker, per Auman, is not participating in Tampa's OTAs after the team signed him as an undrafted free agent in April. We still don't know exactly what's ailing Tucker, whose draft stock vanished after rumors of a mystery illness circulated among NFL evaluators and front offices. Tucker (5’9/207) took over the starting gig at Syracuse as a sophomore in 2021 and rushed for 1,496 yards and a dozen touchdowns. He followed that up with another 1,060 yards and 11 scores in 2022. Tucker should have. a shot to make the Bucs final roster barring any health setbacks in July and August.
RELATED:
SOURCE: Greg Auman on Twitter
Jun 13, 2023 at 9:44 AM ET

White looked super pedestrian watching him last season. It's not out of the question that Tucker could force a split or eventually take over.
I think he's probably 4th on the depth chart right now. That being said, none of the guys ahead of him have pedigree or a big contract, so really good chance the production plays.

White looked super pedestrian watching him last season. It's not out of the question that Tucker could force a split or eventually take over.
I think he's probably 4th on the depth chart right now. That being said, none of the guys ahead of him have pedigree or a big contract, so really good chance the production plays.

I saw that this morning and I own Tucker in a dynasty league. Ke'Shawn Vaughn is available and is the #1 trending player right now on sleeper.

No way I drop Tucker for Vaughn and in fact I am not even picking up Vaughn. If Vaughn is thrust into a starting role the best case scenario is flex type production as part of a RBBC.

If Tucker can overtake the guys in front of him he has a much higher ceiling, and if he can't I will cut him and go for another flyer with a decent ceiling.

Users who are viewing this thread