What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Sean Tucker, TB (1 Viewer)

The best scenario is to be cut and get a fresh start somewhere else with a team that thinks better of him. He may be out of the league this time next year.

Not sure that would be the case since he went undrafted by all NFL teams. I understand the medical issue with his heart maybe scared off some teams but even if they liked him, why not take a shot in the late rounds.
Something besides the heart obviously. Maybe he isn’t very good. I thought he was a good college RB.

I'm holding for now. I probably underappreciated how bad this team would be at run blocking, and reliance on a short passing offense to move the chains. I thought running failure by White would create opportunity, but that's become a moot point as White meets the pass blocking/receiving RB needs of this offense. I'll still opt for talent on a deep dynasty bench. No other Tampa RB has shined and It only takes one or two injuries at the volatile RB position to crack the door to more opportunity. Tampa has been pretty fortunate in that regard through 7 weeks.

In Sean Tucker’s case it’s important to remember he wasn’t cleared for any physical activity until late July. For a rookie that’s a lot of extra training he missed out on. It’s a credit to him that he made the 53-man roster and the Bucs liked him enough not to risk putting him on waivers or the practice squad.

But for him to go from RB2 down to RB4, there’s something Bowles’ coaching staff is seeing in practice that he needs further refinement on. As was the case with Zach Evans on the Rams, perhaps it’s being able to pass protect at the NFL level? It’s easy for us fantasy folks to love a player’s ability with the ball in their hand but also to forget how important and multi-faceted a RB’s role on offense is. Still need to identify and neutralize a pass rusher when the play calls for a pass. We’ve had no indication that Tucker is being slowed by health issues so I can only assume Tucker needs more refinement, whether it’s learning the playbook or blocking better. Whatever Vaughn and Edmonds are doing they’re doing it more to Bowles’ satisfaction than Tucker, and that shouldn’t be ignored.

I still think Tucker, at his best, can be the best RB on the team. But he might not be ready, and this might be one of many cases where an NFL rookie doesn’t make an immediate impact and needs a year of learning before they’re trusted on the field. That’s why I don’t fault those still holding Tucker because I don’t think it’s a talent issue but he may just need more time being coached up. As others have said it may take an injury to White for him to re-enter the conversation for 2023. All along Tucker was a hedge against White being any good, and White has at least been serviceable thanks to his pass catching abilities.

One last thing that irks me, is when people say a player is free. There is always a cost. May not be cost of acquisition, but cost of ownership. As long as you have a finite number of roster spots, you are constantly choosing a player (lottery ticket) over whatever else is available on your waiver wire. I held Tucker for a good while figuring he’s a second half play anyway, and will earn his playing time. But he’s trended in the wrong direction for my liking and I had to identify when I’m missing out on better players for one with such long odds of panning out. Know when to hold em and know when to fold em. I feel the decision is easier for those in redraft leagues (drop) and dynasty leagues with taxi squads (hold) than for those like myself in a dynasty league with relatively small benches and no taxi squad.

To me right now Tucker is still a lottery ticket but one that looks even less promising than he did before the season started. There were enough other promising dart throws available in my league that I had to move on. If Tucker is featured next week and my league mates get to him before I do, I’ll live with that, but I’m betting against that scenario playing out. If I start to see him getting play ahead of Vaughn and Edmonds, I may try to pick him back up. For now he goes on the watch list.

Last edited:
Rank these 10 players

Ty Chandler, Zach Evans, Sean Tucker, Israel Abanikandi, Jordan Mason, Tyrion Davis-Price, Chase Brown, Isaiah Spiller, Chris Rodriguez , Kenneth Gainwell

Not easy I know

Last edited:
Bucs will likely go through a lot of changes next off-season.
There’s a reasonable chance of that, but if so, I highly doubt that an UDFA in Tucker would be a consideration for a new coaching staff unless he really splashed the rest of the way.

Starting to look like Tucker is just another preseason hype guy that wasn’t.
His only chance at this point is an injury to White. No way a coaching staff would roll out Edmonds and Vaughn as their RB rotation. Things can change fast both directions though.
Not sure we can say that - neither are good runners themselves but coaches often look for more stability and pass blocking - not sure how Tucker fares there versus Edmonds/Vaughn.

Tucker might be joining the list of dart throws that dropped before they hit the board for me. Ross, boutte, prince and Tucker… 5th or 6th rd picks mostly so no big loss but dang it would be nice to see some points on the board from one of them. Yeesh
I suppose in dynasty leagues with large rosters, or even better, taxi squads, you might as well hold him. Who are you going to replace him with, Craig Reynolds? As for leagues where you have smaller rosters and are hit by injury, I wouldn't blame you for dropping him. I did in one league and kept him in another. You can't have everyone you want.
Well… I’ve got reynolds rostered too(gibbs owner). Lol. There’s nothing on the wire in my dynasties. Bye week fillers at idp is really about all. I’m holding for sure though. Its just disappointing that there’s so many of these type of guys on my roster atm. It’s weird how some of these guys can be so dang good in college and do nothing in the nfl. A la lache seastrunk
You just had to bring him up :hot:
Lol. I was for sure he was going to be my steal of the draft. Sooo good in college…

Rank these 10 players

Ty Chandler, Zach Evans, Sean Tucker, Israel Abanikandi, Jordan Mason, Tyrion Davis-Price, Chase Brown, Isaiah Spiller, Chris Rodriguez , Kenneth Gainwell

Not easy I know

1. Kenneth Gainwell

Easiest choice. If Swift gets hurt again I think Gainwell stands to benefit the most as the current RB2.

2. Zach Evans

I still think he’ll get starter’s reps before the season’s up, and you’ll want to have him when he does. For now McVay is doing everything in his power to not have to use him on gameday.

3. Chris Rodriguez

Trending upward, already starting to take some of Robinson’s carries. Power back who’s hard to take down.

4. Sean Tucker

Would’ve been #1 on this list prior to Week 1. Didn’t do enough to force a timeshare and now is 4th on the depth chart. I still like him but wonder why the Bucs don’t seem to.

5. Jordan Mason

I personally think he’s a replacement level RB, but there’s value in the 49ers offense and he’s looked solid when given opportunities. Worth nothing until CMC gets injured.

6. Isaiah Spiller

I like his game, even if he is a bit slow as a runner. Never seized the opportunity when Ekeler was out, and is still behind an underwhelming Kelley. Might just be another college star who doesn’t pan out in the pros.

7. Chase Brown

I’ll admit I know very little of him, but he’s been a non-factor and is on IR. Probably not happening for him, I’d expect the Bengals to find another successor to Mixon.

8. Ty Chandler

Probably best suited as a change of pace back. Only hope is that neither Mattison or Akers are anything special in their own right. Maybe gets another try if one of them goes down.

9. Israel Abanikandi

Seems to be a popular prospect in dynasty circles. What a tough landing spot for him though. There’s no path to RB1 for him on the Jets without injury to Breece Hall.

10. Tyrion Davis-Price

Only has value if all 3 RB’s ahead of him are injured at the same time. Wouldn’t bother otherwise.

Rank these 10 players

Not easy I know

1. Kenneth Gainwell

Easiest choice. If Swift gets hurt again I think Gainwell stands to benefit the most as the current RB2.

2. Zach Evans

I still think he’ll get starter’s reps before the season’s up, and you’ll want to have him when he does. For now McVay is doing everything in his power to not have to use him on gameday.

3. Chris Rodriguez

Trending upward, already starting to take some of Robinson’s carries. Power back who’s hard to take down.

4. Sean Tucker

Would’ve been #1 on this list prior to Week 1. Didn’t do enough to force a timeshare and now is 4th on the depth chart. I still like him but wonder why the Bucs don’t seem to.

5. Jordan Mason

I personally think he’s a replacement level RB, but there’s value in the 49ers offense and he’s looked solid when given opportunities. Worth nothing until CMC gets injured.

6. Isaiah Spiller

I like his game, even if he is a bit slow as a runner. Never seized the opportunity when Ekeler was out, and is still behind an underwhelming Kelley. Might just be another college star who doesn’t pan out in the pros.

7. Chase Brown

I’ll admit I know very little of him, but he’s been a non-factor and is on IR. Probably not happening for him, I’d expect the Bengals to find another successor to Mixon.

8. Ty Chandler

Probably best suited as a change of pace back. Only hope is that neither Mattison or Akers are anything special in their own right. Maybe gets another try if one of them goes down.

9. Israel Abanikandi

Seems to be a popular prospect in dynasty circles. What a tough landing spot for him though. There’s no path to RB1 for him on the Jets without injury to Breece Hall.

10. Tyrion Davis-Price

Only has value if all 3 RB’s ahead of him are injured at the same time. Wouldn’t bother otherwise.
I think Abanikandi could be better than all of them, but in the worst spot. I don’t think Gainwell will ever be a RB1, but would get more work if /when Swift gets dinged. Mason looks decent at times, but may not be relevant until free agency, if ever. You probably ranked Evans too high. He doesn’t seem to be liked by his coaches, go back to college. Lost his job at two colleges. Tucker is interesting, but his coach doesn’t seem impressed. Chris Rodriguez has a chance if things fall right. Spiller hasn’t shown much and may never. Brown is a complete unknown for me. Not sure how to evaluate him. Chandler is buried. Davis-Price doesn’t have a snowball chance in hell.

Last edited:
Rank these 10 players

Not easy I know

1. Kenneth Gainwell

2. Zach Evans

3. Chris Rodriguez

4. Sean Tucker

5. Jordan Mason

6. Isaiah Spiller

7. Chase Brown

8. Ty Chandler

9. Israel Abanikandi

10. Tyrion Davis-Price

I think Abanikandi could be better than all of them, but in the worst spot. I don’t think Gainwell will ever be a RB1, but would get more work if /when Swift gets dinged. Mason looks decent at times, but may not be relevant until free agency, if ever. You probably ranked Evans too high. He doesn’t seem to be liked by his coaches, go back to college. Lost his job at two colleges. Tucker is interesting, but his coach doesn’t seem impressed. Chris Rodriguez has a chance if things fall right. Spiller hasn’t shown much and may never. Brown is a complete unknown for me. Not sure how to evaluate him. Chandler is buried. Davis-Price doesn’t have a snowball chance in hell.
I’m out on Evans (for now) after yet another healthy inactive. I haven’t been very good at these lotto tickets so far lol (Sean Tucker, Justyn Ross, Ty Chandler, now Zach Evans)

Users who are viewing this thread