What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Rhamondre Stevenson, NE (1 Viewer)

Belichek effing this up.

Rhamondre is far from a bum. He just needs all the touches - why they brought in Zeke is beyond me.

It’s like a guy who’s been in love with a girl forever and she becomes available and people know she’s damaged or past her prime but he just can’t help himself.

Belichek effing this up.

Rhamondre is far from a bum. He just needs all the touches - why they brought in Zeke is beyond me.
Stevenson has been HORRIBLE this year. This has NOTHING to do with Zeke (who has also been bad).
I disagree. It’s hard AF to play for Bill. Rhamondre is a young guy - them bringing in Zeke Most definitely ruined rhamondre’s mindset.

Sure. He needs to be better. But let’s not act like these guys are not human. It’s one thing for Rhamondre to be fighting for snaps with Damien Harris - it’s another thing when you have a fat belly Zeke in the locker room

Belichek effing this up.

Stevenson has been HORRIBLE this year. This has NOTHING to do with Zeke (who has also been bad).
I disagree. It’s hard AF to play for Bill. Rhamondre is a young guy - them bringing in Zeke Most definitely ruined rhamondre’s mindset.

Sure. He needs to be better. But let’s not act like these guys are not human. It’s one thing for Rhamondre to be fighting for snaps with Damien Harris - it’s another thing when you have a fat belly Zeke in the locker room
Come on. This is the NFL. If he can't handle a little adversity maybe he's not cut out to be a top back.

Belichek effing this up.

Come on. This is the NFL. If he can't handle a little adversity maybe he's not cut out to be a top back.
Seriously. Let's not forget that some people were ecstatic after the Zeke signing it, calling it "best case scenario" for Stevenson.

He's not this bad, but he isn't as good as many thought he was.

Belichek effing this up.

Seriously. Let's not forget that some people were ecstatic after the Zeke signing it, calling it "best case scenario" for Stevenson.

Ok. So what changed?

Last year Rhamondre was excellent. Super hyped, everyone was to be able to draft him in the late 2nd this year.

So? What is it? He didn’t just forget how to be good at football - agreed?

It’s either a change in play calling, OR he’s just not getting into a rhythm (which most RB’s need to succeed) because Zeke is there taking too many touches away.

Eff you Bill

Belichek effing this up.

Ok. So what changed?

Last year Rhamondre was excellent. Super hyped, everyone was to be able to draft him in the late 2nd this year.

It’s either a change in play calling, OR he’s just not getting into a rhythm (which most RB’s need to succeed) because Zeke is there taking too many touches away.

Eff you Bill
Guys have one good year and fizzle out of the league all the time. Maybe he's out of shape. Maybe he's still not healthy. What do I know? Blaming zeke is just an excuse.

The Pats OL has had no continuity as they’ve been missing some starters each game.

Week 1 they were without both starting guards (Cole Strange and Mike Onwenu). Week 2 they were without their left tackle (Trent Brown). Week 4 they were without Strange again. According to PFF their run blocking ranked dead last in Weeks 1-2 and performed 5th best in Week 3 when they had their top 4 starters (Brown/Strange/Andrews/Onwenu) all available (the teams has been a revolving door at right tackle dating back to last season).

Now why Zeke outperformed Stevenson in that Week 3 I can’t explain. I’m not entirely sure what’s going on but I feel like the inconsistency with the run blocking has to factor in on the lack of production early on. He was pretty effective the last two seasons so hopefully he can get out of his funk soon.

He only has 1/2 touch less a game than last year. Blaming zekes touches is ridiculous.
I haven't looked at his total stats. I don't recall any TDs yet. Is there positive regression on the horizon?

Sure- will positively regress to 17 carries for 60 yards instead of 40 yards lol. The Patriots just can't score TD's- is it any easier at home against NOLA next week?

He needs TDs and the Patriots can't score any. Himself the player doesn't seem to be awful but the team is awful and that sinks his value. Maybe they get it together next week but I doubt it. He joints the long list of many of my fantasy busts!

He only has 1/2 touch less a game than last year. Blaming zekes touches is ridiculous.
I haven't looked at his total stats. I don't recall any TDs yet. Is there positive regression on the horizon?

Sure- will positively regress to 17 carries for 60 yards instead of 40 yards lol. The Patriots just can't score TD's- is it any easier at home against NOLA next week?

He needs TDs and the Patriots can't score any. Himself the player doesn't seem to be awful but the team is awful and that sinks his value. Maybe they get it together next week but I doubt it. He joints the long list of many of my fantasy busts!
Exactly. The Pats offense is terrible, no weapons at WR and teams are lining up to stop the run. It’s not a mystery.

Belichek effing this up.

Ok. So what changed?

Eff you Bill
Quite a bit has changed IMO, the OC and some of the linemen for starters, but that isn't the main thing. I'm not going to rehash it all, you can go back in this thread and read it, but IMO he was way overhyped because people ignored the signals.

His usage is more than fine if you look deeper- the main reason he put up the points he did last year was because Harris didn't stay healthy. In games that Harris finished, they split carries ~50/50 and he averaged under 11 carries per game. 2/3rds of his total TDs came in the ~40% of the time Harris was out. This season he's getting almost 2/3rds of the carry split with Zeke and averaging 15 carries per game, so it certainly isn't because Zeke is taking too many touches away.

And Philly, NYJ, and Dallas have really good run defenses and Miami's run defense is solid, and scoring 70 points against NE was not exactly a great run game script. Rhamondre is a definite hold for me.

Worst-case scenario across the board...O is complete garbage, defenses do not have to respect the passing game, O line is banged up and would not be anything special if it was totally healthy and Stevenson doesn't look the same as last year...kid still has talent but right now he is not in a good spot.

Belichek effing this up.

Feel like a lot these people were the same people banging the Charbonnet is gonna really impact K9 drum. A lot of really bad takes for it to be called a shark pool.

It’s one thing for Rhamondre to be fighting for snaps with Damien Harris - it’s another thing when you have a fat belly Zeke in the locker room
That from a Dr. Suess book isn't it? The one about the fat belly Zekes and the thin belly Zekes?

Patriots listed Rhamondre Stevenson (thigh) as questionable for Week 5 against the Saints.

Stevenson was limited in practice throughout the week but doesn’t appear to be a risk of missing this game. Whatever ailment he’s dealing with didn’t force him from the field in last week’s loss to the Cowboys, although it’s hard to imagine him improving on his 2.7 YPC with a hurt leg. Stevenson will be a volume-based RB2 against the Saints, but will likely need a touchdown to be worth the play.

10 team short bench league and I’m dropping him for Spears. Can’t see this getting much better give QB, O line, and Zeke.

Sure, Rhamondre's numbers blow thus far, but he is NE's RB1 and has 80 touches through 5 games. Is there anyone on waivers in your league even remotely close to 16 touches a game?

Very tempted to try and buy low here. It's unimaginable it could get worse here and the LV run D is up next.

I don't think he's returning RB2 value, but I think you can profit from getting him here since people are debating dropping him or not.

Very tempted to try and buy low here. It's unimaginable it could get worse here and the LV run D is up next.

I don't think he's returning RB2 value, but I think you can profit from getting him here since people are debating dropping him or not.
Problem is most people are going to think like you

Owners in my league think he is just one week from being RB1 and they will figure it out

Has a much better schedule from here on out. NYJ DAL and NO was a pretty tough run. I am expecting much better games moving forward

I don't think it's him as much as it is the entire offense is a dumpster fire. They have no wr's and Mac Jones looks lost....I just worry that there's too much wrong to hope for any appreciable bounce back. I'm holding and hopeful but certainly not confident that there are better days ahead....

Has a much better schedule from here on out. NYJ DAL and NO was a pretty tough run. I am expecting much better games moving forward
It's also really going to depend on the health of the offensive line. On top of facing tough run defenses, the Pats were without both their starting guards last week with Strange inactive and Onwenu injured during the game. It is a decent line when Brown, Strange, Andrews, and Onwenu are in there with whatever scrub they have at right tackle (they apparently had to use their intended RT Riley Reiff at guard because of the Onwenu injury), but they haven't had that line together all season so far. And there's just no quality depth on the line either.

Stevenson still gets considerable volume and may have better luck against the Raiders, but I don't fault anyone for benching him until he shows something. Hard to trust anyone on the Patriots right now.

If they are truly starting over, you have to assume they will scheme to get the ball more to their most dynamic player. Sched gets better, I expect production going forward.

Literally it can’t get much worse. There’s no competition for carries. They just need to play average football and he’ll be good

Managed to flip Mattison into Mondre in my redraft league - hoping Bill goes back to basics and gets him on the ball.

Didn't @Anarchy99 make about 400 posts trying to warn us off this guy?

He didn't predict the Pats offense would not be in any way functional but still.....

Shoutout to the homers who know what they know.

He's going to sit on my bench dude, just as Mattison did.

Mattison's snap share is decreasing week on week and Mondre literally cannot get any worse. It's not blind faith, I'm just happy to take a chance.

He didn't predict the Pats offense would not be in any way functional but still.....

That was less “RS is going to suck” and more “don’t sleep on Zeke”. As it stands, neither RB has been anything to write home about thus far. I still think RS will see better days this season, while Zeke’s best days are behind him. I had previously rostered Zeke in case he ended up being the next “Corey Dillon on the Pats” but instead he’s looked more like “Fred Taylor on the Pats”. In fairness to Zeke, he’ll outproduce Taylor just by virtue of staying healthy.

If you have RS and are looking to sell, I’d wait and see if he has a big game against the Raiders this week. He can’t do any worse than the last two weeks at least.

Dynasty.. sold Stevenson and mid 2nd rounder for Kupp. Had ARSB, Higgins, and DJohnson all out last week and stacked at RB (CMC, Barkley, Henry, Ettiene, JJacobs, JavWilliams)

That was less “RS is going to suck” and more “don’t sleep on Zeke”. As it stands, neither RB has been anything to write home about thus far. I still think RS will see better days this season, while Zeke’s best days are behind him. I had previously rostered Zeke in case he ended up being the next “Corey Dillon on the Pats” but instead he’s looked more like “Fred Taylor on the Pats”. In fairness to Zeke, he’ll outproduce Taylor just by virtue of staying healthy.

If you have RS and are looking to sell, I’d wait and see if he has a big game against the Raiders this week. He can’t do any worse than the last two weeks at least.

But before Zeke signed he made numerous arguments why Rhamondre might not be what we’re hoping he would be

Users who are viewing this thread