What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Rhamondre Stevenson, NE (2 Viewers)

RS is a perfect example of why teams in fantasy lose - owners fail to adapt. You keep rolling this guy out there believing that this is last year and it's not. He's on the bench until he puts a couple of weeks together and if he doesn't by week 9 you move on

Didn't @Anarchy99 make about 400 posts trying to warn us off this guy?

He didn't predict the Pats offense would not be in any way functional but still.....

Shoutout to the homers who know what they know.
That was less “RS is going to suck” and more “don’t sleep on Zeke”. As it stands, neither RB has been anything to write home about thus far. I still think RS will see better days this season, while Zeke’s best days are behind him. I had previously rostered Zeke in case he ended up being the next “Corey Dillon on the Pats” but instead he’s looked more like “Fred Taylor on the Pats”. In fairness to Zeke, he’ll outproduce Taylor just by virtue of staying healthy.

If you have RS and are looking to sell, I’d wait and see if he has a big game against the Raiders this week. He can’t do any worse than the last two weeks at least.

But before Zeke signed he made numerous arguments why Rhamondre might not be what we’re hoping he would be
Ah I see, I definitely missed those posts then. Unless it was to hype up Pierre Strong Jr., in which case I wouldn’t be too surprised. Strong was a trendy dart throw prior to the Zeke signing.

He didn't predict the Pats offense would not be in any way functional but still.....

That was less “RS is going to suck” and more “don’t sleep on Zeke”. As it stands, neither RB has been anything to write home about thus far. I still think RS will see better days this season, while Zeke’s best days are behind him. I had previously rostered Zeke in case he ended up being the next “Corey Dillon on the Pats” but instead he’s looked more like “Fred Taylor on the Pats”. In fairness to Zeke, he’ll outproduce Taylor just by virtue of staying healthy.

If you have RS and are looking to sell, I’d wait and see if he has a big game against the Raiders this week. He can’t do any worse than the last two weeks at least.

But before Zeke signed he made numerous arguments why Rhamondre might not be what we’re hoping he would be
Ah I see, I definitely missed those posts then. Unless it was to hype up Pierre Strong Jr., in which case I wouldn’t be too surprised. Strong was a trendy dart throw prior to the Zeke signing.

Nope. It was a nuanced but well constructed argument.

Nope. It was a nuanced but well constructed argument.
I hope Anarchy has a moment to refresh me (and others) on what he wrote then. As another Pats fan myself I appreciate his thorough analysis.

There’s a different Pats homer that was pounding the table for Stevenson to be a top 5 guy every chance he got, especially in the dynasty trade thread. But yes, Anarchy was a voice of reason in a sea of hype. I’m not sure he expected it to be this bad though.

There’s a different Pats homer that was pounding the table for Stevenson to be a top 5 guy every chance he got, especially in the dynasty trade thread.

Oh yeah? Bet he can’t hold a candle to mixed up Jon’s hot Lions takes. Gibbs 2K, Jamo’s the most explosive WR in the league, should be around 13 Detroit players in the Pro Bowl after they roll through a 15-2 season.

Stevenson's hit was not due to Zeke or Strong...it is due to the fact the Pats are a complete disaster and he just doesn't look the same...I think many saw the Pats taking a step backwards this year but not many thought it would be to this level...the offense is as bad as it could be in every area and it has infected everyone...bad is actually being kind, it is embarrassing...as for Stevenson I know I thought he was the one skill player you could count on and while Zeke could ding him a bit once they got rid of Strong you weren't going to have to worry about him siphoning off receptions which was my biggest concern to Stevenson's fantasy value so once Strong was gone (and not replaced) he looked like a lock to be at the least a high quality #2 FF RB with upside for more...when you look at the stats thru 5 games the Pats have 128 rushing attempts of which Stevenson has 68 which means he is at 53% and Zeke has 42 for 33% of the carries (16 came in one game...he has no more than 8 in any other game)...oddly enough Mac has 15 attempts so if you remove them Stevenson is at 60% and Zeke is at 37%...receptions are where Stevenson is being vastly under-utilized...he has 18 targets for 12 receptions and 87 yards...Zeke has 15 targets for 12 receptions and 44 yards...Montgomery is at 8/3/14...as for total TDs Stevenson has 1 and Zeke has 0 and going into the season and I would say maybe the biggest fear with Zeke coming onboard was he would become the goal-line RB but due to the ineptitude of the Pats offense that has turned into a moot point...unfortunately I don't know how much of this can change...the talent on offense has virtually no upside so even if things got better I don't see how it can be by much...and as stated earlier Stevenson just doesn't look like the back we saw in 2022...yes, the situation is dreadful but right now the eye test says something is off...whether it is some type of lingering injury or a lack of confidence in either the coaching or the line something is missing from last year and that part is on him.

Uggh. In my one redraft league (12 team super flex, 2 rbs, 2 wrs, 1 te, 1 te/wr, 1 flex, 1 super flex)—my focus was to get strong wr’s, strong te’s, adequate qb’s, and adequate rbs—and so far—rhomondre and dak have really hurt my team. I am at the point where I am considering starting Algier over him. What’s the consensus here? Is he a radioactive “not start” right now—or are most people giving him this week to declare that?

I’m leaning towards starting rhomondre this week—but making this week the final straw. If he doesn’t look or produce halfway decently—I’m thinking he’s going to my bench moving forward. I didn’t think the Pats would be good—but they have been a disaster in realty and in fantasy.

Uggh. In my one redraft league (12 team super flex, 2 rbs, 2 wrs, 1 te, 1 te/wr, 1 flex, 1 super flex)—my focus was to get strong wr’s, strong te’s, adequate qb’s, and adequate rbs—and so far—rhomondre and dak have really hurt my team. I am at the point where I am considering starting Algier over him. What’s the consensus here? Is he a radioactive “not start” right now—or are most people giving him this week to declare that?

I’m leaning towards starting rhomondre this week—but making this week the final straw. If he doesn’t look or produce halfway decently—I’m thinking he’s going to my bench moving forward. I didn’t think the Pats would be good—but they have been a disaster in realty and in fantasy.

Pats season is on the line this week at Vegas...they are 1-4 and have Buffalo and at Miami coming up so if they lose this week they are in full blown disaster mode...there is a lot of talk with the Pats about "resetting" this week...what that means is anyone's guess but if you look at their piss-poor roster I would hope it means getting the ball into Stevenson's hands more because most of the other options aren't good...if he can't be productive this week and get some momentum going things will be bleak.

Unfortunately the Pats O-line is so horrible that Stevenson only gets one maybe two touches and they have to punt.
BB not willing to go for it on 4th and 2 down 21 points ... because this offense has given him no reason for him to believe they can gain 2 yards.
I just don't see any Pats offensive player worth starting with how little their offense is on the field.

Pats season is on the line this week at Vegas...they are 1-4 and have Buffalo and at Miami coming up so if they lose this week they are in full blown disaster mode...there is a lot of talk with the Pats about "resetting" this week...what that means is anyone's guess but if you look at their piss-poor roster I would hope it means getting the ball into Stevenson's hands more because most of the other options aren't good...if he can't be productive this week and get some momentum going things will be bleak.
Defense and running the football is really their only shot. I have a piece of RS but fortunately thru some trades he's my RB4 so I can be patient.

Their WRs are as about mediocre as you can get. They don't want to get into shootouts with teams. I am expecting running and high percentage passing plays utilizing both TEs and hoping the D can make some stops.

Really it's their only chance

Defense and running the football is really their only shot. I have a piece of RS but fortunately thru some trades he's my RB4 so I can be patient.

Their WRs are as about mediocre as you can get. They don't want to get into shootouts with teams. I am expecting running and high percentage passing plays utilizing both TEs and hoping the D can make some stops.

Really it's their only chance

That was definitely their gameplan going into the year but the Gonzalez and Judon injuries (and they have other injuries, especially at CB) are devastating so I don't know how good the D will be the rest of the way...especially with regard to executing that type of gameplan.

Would you guys start Rhamondre over Carr or Dobbs in the superflex spot (4pt passing TD)? Just not liking Carr or Dobbs’ matchups and think this might be a week where RS gets rolling.

Would you guys start Rhamondre over Carr or Dobbs in the superflex spot (4pt passing TD)? Just not liking Carr or Dobbs’ matchups and think this might be a week where RS gets rolling.
I would not. I think both of those guys have more upside on the day than Rhamondre based on the ability of QBs to score more points easily than RBs in general and Rhamondres pedestrian numbers so far.

I just don’t see much upside to Rhamondre tomorrow. I’ll be happy to be wrong.

Rhamondre Stevenson was forced from New England’s Week 13 game against the Chargers with a right ankle injury and is questionable to return.

Stevenson got “hip-drop tackled” in the process of losing a first quarter fumble and was in a world of pain. Although he limped off the field under his own power, he headed immediately to the locker room rather than the blue tent. It would certainly appear his day is over, leaving Ezekiel Elliott as the Patriots’ every-down back. Stevenson was looking spry before going down, taking nine carries for 40 yards.

So here’s the question. Is he droppable?

Week 14 - I’m sure he’s out
Weeks 15, 16, 17 - fantasy playoffs for many

I can’t see starting him in week 15.

So here’s the question. Is he droppable?

Week 14 - I’m sure he’s out
Weeks 15, 16, 17 - fantasy playoffs for many

I can’t see starting him in week 15.
Kind of depends on severity of the injury. I have a short bench, so I will probably drop him. I have IR spots available, but they'll probably drag out marking him as Out, and I think I may want to pick up somebody now to cover him rather than wait until later in the week. 16 vs Denver and 17 vs Buffalo are nice matchups, so it would be nice if he was healthy for those and I could plug him in.

But even then you're mostly looking for yards and PPR value - not seeing a ton of TD's out of this offense for any player the rest of the way.

Bummer- he was really turning it on. Probably on my DND list next year though if there’s a veteran and the patriots ways are patriots ways next year

HAS

Out a "few weeks"

Is he a drop?

I think he’s a drop.

If out weeks 14, 15 are you really going play him week 16?

If out weeks 14, 15, 16 are you really going to play him week 17?

Coming off of a high ankle I’d like to see him a good week before starting again.

HAS

Out a "few weeks"

Is he a drop?

I think he’s a drop.

Coming off of a high ankle I’d like to see him a good week before starting again.
No but hes my RB3 and I have no RB depth so he would just be insurance in case my RB1 or RB2 get hurt.

HAS

Out a "few weeks"

Is he a drop?

I think he’s a drop.

No but hes my RB3 and I have no RB depth so he would just be insurance in case my RB1 or RB2 get hurt.

He’s my RB3 also. But I’m leaning towards a drop and using that roster spot for Zeke, Keaton Mitchell or maybe Antonio Gibson.

HAS

Out a "few weeks"

Is he a drop?

I think he’s a drop.

He’s my RB3 also. But I’m leaning towards a drop and using that roster spot for Zeke, Keaton Mitchell or maybe Antonio Gibson.
Yeah if those guys are available thats a great move. Best RB on my WW is Kenneth Gainwell

HAS

Out a "few weeks"

Is he a drop?

I think he’s a drop.

Yeah if those guys are available thats a great move. Best RB on my WW is Kenneth Gainwell
Sounds like we're in pretty much the exact same situation. It's scary because if I drop him I literally only have two RBs on my roster (CMC/Mostert, neither of whom exactly have reps as Ironmen). But what exactly does picking up Gainwell or Latavius really get me?

Even though this is a league with open waivers, I'll probably just pick up Eli Mitchell as a handcuff (Jeff Wilson is rostered, so I can't back up Mostert).

Waiting to see if there's any additional news, but based on what we've heard so far, I have a really hard time picturing myself starting him in the playoffs. I mean, even when he was healthy his upside was capped by that offense

HAS

Out a "few weeks"

Is he a drop?

I think he’s a drop.

Sounds like we're in pretty much the exact same situation. It's scary because if I drop him I literally only have two RBs on my roster (CMC/Mostert, neither of whom exactly have reps as Ironmen). But what exactly does picking up Gainwell or Latavius really get me?

Even though this is a league with open waivers, I'll probably just pick up Eli Mitchell as a handcuff (Jeff Wilson is rostered, so I can't back up Mostert).

Waiting to see if there's any additional news, but based on what we've heard so far, I have a really hard time picturing myself starting him in the playoffs. I mean, even when he was healthy his upside was capped by that offense
He was basically an RB1 for 3 weeks. I have CMC & Pacheco as my only 2 RBs although I have rostered Mitchell all year so basically just hoping Pacheco stays healthy and stops punching people.

HAS

Out a "few weeks"

Is he a drop?

I think he’s a drop.

He was basically an RB1 for 3 weeks. I have CMC & Pacheco as my only 2 RBs although I have rostered Mitchell all year so basically just hoping Pacheco stays healthy and stops punching people.
Yes, I've been starting him on his recent run and have been very happy with the results. But it felt like cheating death the whole time. When your offense is that bad, it's just naturally going to limit your ceiling.

Tough spot. Stevenson's weekly rankings in PPR have been 13, 17, 33, 41, 52, 7, 15, 39, 2, 22, 7, 35. It's unlikely anyone that could be expected to score like him would ever be available on waivers this late in the season. It's hard to tell how long he'll be out, how much they would give him the ball once he comes back, and how well he would do on a terrible offense. If I were a playoff team, I'd probably hold just to see how banged up he really is. NE has nothing to play for (other than a better draft pick), so they might decide to just put him on IR (which would solve the roster / drop debate).

Looks like Zeke will get his fair share because with this ill-conceived offense they don't even have a young RB on the roster you can get a look at...as bad as this offense has been it has a chance to get worse this season...almost impressive at this point.
They still have Kevin Harris and JaMycal Hasty, But as far as anyone good or with upside potential, I agree they are lacking at RB.

HAS

Out a "few weeks"

Is he a drop?

I think he’s a drop.

Worth cuffing Pacheco?

HAS

Out a "few weeks"

Is he a drop?

I think he’s a drop.

Worth cuffing Pacheco?
Good rule of thumb is if you're not sure who the handcuff would be, then they're not really a handcuff. With Chiefs, I guess it would be Clyde, but not sure what McKinnon's status is these days. Considering KC's offense is underwhelming, I'm having trouble seeing the value here.

I guess what it comes down to is: Let's say Pacheco went down and you had Clyde or McKinnon or whoever. Would you start them over what's currently on your roster/what's available on the WW?

Ditto RB3. If I win this week I’ve got a bye confirmed. I’ll likely be holding.

I’ve got - Barkley/Monty as my 2 RBs

WRs - Jefferson/Amon-Ra/Cooks/Rice

Been stashing - Dowdle/Roschon/D’Ernest

Rhamondre has been my flex starter or RB2 cover

Not trying to change anybody’s mind as I have to make a decision about Rhamondre today.

But a HAS is usually a 4+ week injury which puts his return at week 17. And I’m basing that timeframe off of Ekeler and Kyren.

Hopefully some of your physical therapist type folks chime in.

Not trying to change anybody’s mind as I have to make a decision about Rhamondre today.

But a HAS is usually a 4+ week injury which puts his return at week 17. And I’m basing that timeframe off of Ekeler and Kyren.

It’s a fair point, he could be a good sabotage drop. Drop him and let someone else clog up their bench giving us free reign for another punt

I know very few that have ever come back in 2-3 weeks and succeeded. If they come back, they have little explosiveness. If Ras was on my team, I would waive him and let someone else hamstring their roster.

If he’s available, is Zeke worth the add? FBG seems pretty high on him against the Steelers this week.
He should get a lot of volume. But the NE offense is terrible and the Pit defense is stout. Not expecting any TD's, but could do well in PPR if Demario Douglas is out still.

Zeke has looked decent lately. Last week got 17 carries for 52 and 4 catches for 40. So he has a very solid floor, just not much ceiling.

Rhamaondre Stevenson (ankle) will not play in Week 14 against the Steelers.
Stevenson suffered the ankle injury early in the Pats’ Week 13 loss to the Chargers and did not return. ESPN’s Adam Schefter reported earlier this week that Stevenson would miss several weeks, so the Pats ruling him out today is only a formality. Ezekiel Elliott, who saw 21 touches in Week 13, will draw the start as a fantasy RB2 versus Pittsburgh.

Users who are viewing this thread