What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Kyren Williams, LAR (4 Viewers)

Nervous about this week for a few reasons.... but he is Him for sure.

Nervous here too. Have the weird history of having my players underperform on Thursday night. And with the beating that RBs take, especially one getting so many touches, it's easy to see how we get a lesser version of Kyren tonight on short rest. Hate, hate, hate having a key player on TNF. For all we know, we might get a heavier dose of Royce Freeman tonight as part of a planned decreased workload following 32 touches just four days ago by Williams.

Nothing worse that starting your fantasy playoff matchup with a letdown that you have sit on for a few days until hopefully someone else on your roster makes up the lost ground.

I wonder how much teams consider this kind of stuff when they have an upcoming Thursday night game. 32 touches is a lot. Maybe they just figure, let’s win today and figure out the next game afterwards.

Nervous here too. Have the weird history of having my players underperform on Thursday night. And with the beating that RBs take, especially one getting so many touches, it's easy to see how we get a lesser version of Kyren tonight on short rest. Hate, hate, hate having a key player on TNF. For all we know, we might get a heavier dose of Royce Freeman tonight as part of a planned decreased workload following 32 touches just four days ago by Williams.

Nothing worse that starting your fantasy playoff matchup with a letdown that you have sit on for a few days until hopefully someone else on your roster makes up the lost ground.
That's it. You've talked me into benching him for Duece Vaughn

I wonder how much teams consider this kind of stuff when they have an upcoming Thursday night game. 32 touches is a lot. Maybe they just figure, let’s win today and figure out the next game afterwards.
Both of these teams are fighting for a playoff spot. With only 3 games left they will be riding their horses. Giddyup!

Hoping all this nervousness is just an attempt at reverse jinxing lol.

Game is at home, they are fighting for a playoff spot, no word of him even being limited or rested.

NO rush D is much poorer than their pass D too.
I’m nervous. Not trying to reverse jinx, I’ve just been burned alot on Thursday games and I HATE that because it feels like you’re screwed before the weekend even gets here

I’m sure they consider it, but it’s player specific and when in LAs situation every game is a must win. This isn’t week 4 when ER they have time to overcome mistakes.

If it’s a blowout then I expect the Rams to rest him/ease up on touches considerably. If the Saints make it a game then I fully expect Kyren to handle almost the entire workload since he gets extra days to rest before wk 17.

I believe McVay has spoken about this before, and he is very much a 'play to win this week's game, and we'll figure out next week, next week' type of Coach.

Going against Kyren in a very cash-heavy H2H match this week. Would very much like him not to log a full game's worth of work tonight.

I believe McVay has spoken about this before, and he is very much a 'play to win this week's game, and we'll figure out next week, next week' type of Coach.

Going against Kyren in a very cash-heavy H2H match this week. Would very much like him not to log a full game's worth of work tonight.

I’m in the exact same boat and I’ve got Nacua. Kyren playing well under expectations would be very helpful and, if that happened, I wouldn’t even care how the game script hurts Nacua.

I’m in the exact same boat and I’ve got Nacua. Kyren playing well under expectations would be very helpful and, if that happened, I wouldn’t even care how the game script hurts Nacua.
I’ll join the “Hope Kyren does mediocre because it would be bad for my fantasy matchup” bandwagon.

I’ve got a ton of action going against me tonight. Carr, Kamara, Kyren and Puca all in one matchup.

I think I’ll either be really happy or cry myself to sleep tonight.

I remember when he “wasn’t good at football”

But all you dorks crying, there’s plenty of time in the game tonight.

He’s just so…… slippery. I think that adjective is the perfect one and he has sole ownership of it in the league right now.
That’s a good description. Shows that measurables don’t often matter, as he scores low on size and speed metrics. Which is probably why scouts and the fantasy community shied away from him initially. And the fact that McVay had praised Kyren last year, but never used him down the stretch and was all about Akers in the offseason.

Blew all $100 on him week 2 WW in my Dynasty league.

Been a great ride. And he will be the man heading into 2024. Kid is a damn good player. A perfect high end RB2 and some weeks elite RB1.

What a shame I lost Chubb week 2, had a crappy season and missed out on pairing the two of them. What could have been. Great player Kyren and one to watch next season for sure.

Not to mention that picks also don’t get injured or race in cars at 180mph or smash Dom bottles over peoples heads in nightclubs
Yes there are a lot of different angles to this.

When you consider that a RB who actually scores enough points to be useful for a fantasy season, the average number of seasons that they are is two. Its just very high turnover at the position and even the best ones cannot stay at this level for very long.

The majority of RB are not even useful for a full season, but only a few games of a season, if at all. See Cam Akers for example. A few games but never sustaining that production for a full season yet. Yes he still could, his career is not over yet, but I have seen enough that I think its unlikely he ever does provide a season of productive games for the remainder of his career. He is being replaced by Williams now.

As far as Williams, who knows how long or if he might be worth starting? Could be a few games or maybe longer than that, but the odds are against this. Best case scenario he becomes like Austin Eckler, which would be very valuable and certainly worth a 1st round pick if he does, thats just very unlikely.

I have come to the conclushion that if a RB can provide 9 or more start worthy games that is worth a 1st round pick. Others might disagree with this, but just being realistic about the high amount of turnover at the position, teams are always having to find new blood. Even high level RB like Todd Gurley just do not last that long playing at such a high level.

Players at other positions like WR or QB? Thats different. You can count on such players maintaining their value longer than a RB although that is no sure thing either. At least its safer, and you have better odds to get say 5 years of that player maintaining their value compared to 2 years from the RB position.

So this is the decision a dynasty manager has to make every time a RB like Williams comes along, is how long do you think they will be able to maintain their performance and what is that worth to you based on how your current team is constructed?

For a strong team built on a long term foundation of highly valuable WRs and QBs even one year of good RB production could push that team to the top, and I think that is worth a 1st round pick to acquire such a player for that purpose, even if that productivity does not last very long.

For a team that does not have a strong foundation like this I think you sell Williams for the best price you can get and try to convert the asset into a WR or something that can build the long term foundation of your team.

Yes there is always the chance that Williams becomes a long term multi season valuable asset. But that chance is slim, and from a process based perspective you want to be the seller here not the buyer.
Slim chances are playing out on this kid. I think you would agree now.

Real deal RB. Just productive and a three down back in a league starving for them.

You don't win/lose in the semis in the first half of the Thursday night game.

You people are a bunch of wuss bags.
I forget what week it was, but i remember being a bit pissy after the first half of the one game where he got like 2 carries through the whole first half. Comes out in the 2nd half and I think he ran for over 125 yards, few TDs and few catches. Was some funny stuff

Could be worse. You could have Kamara in your lineup.

Oh wait. I have both 🤢

Me too. I seriously thought about benching Kamara. I took him out of my lineup 3 different times but wound up leaving him in. It was between Kamara vs LAR, Cook vs LAC and B.Hall vs Was for my 2nd RB spot and Utility. Williams was a lock for me. Now I have to decide between Cook and Hall. I f'd that up last week and it cost me a L but luckily my playoff spot was locked in.

Not to mention that picks also don’t get injured or race in cars at 180mph or smash Dom bottles over peoples heads in nightclubs

When you consider that a RB who actually scores enough points to be useful for a fantasy season, the average number of seasons that they are is two. Its just very high turnover at the position and even the best ones cannot stay at this level for very long.

The majority of RB are not even useful for a full season, but only a few games of a season, if at all. See Cam Akers for example. A few games but never sustaining that production for a full season yet. Yes he still could, his career is not over yet, but I have seen enough that I think its unlikely he ever does provide a season of productive games for the remainder of his career. He is being replaced by Williams now.

As far as Williams, who knows how long or if he might be worth starting? Could be a few games or maybe longer than that, but the odds are against this. Best case scenario he becomes like Austin Eckler, which would be very valuable and certainly worth a 1st round pick if he does, thats just very unlikely.

I have come to the conclushion that if a RB can provide 9 or more start worthy games that is worth a 1st round pick. Others might disagree with this, but just being realistic about the high amount of turnover at the position, teams are always having to find new blood. Even high level RB like Todd Gurley just do not last that long playing at such a high level.

Players at other positions like WR or QB? Thats different. You can count on such players maintaining their value longer than a RB although that is no sure thing either. At least its safer, and you have better odds to get say 5 years of that player maintaining their value compared to 2 years from the RB position.

So this is the decision a dynasty manager has to make every time a RB like Williams comes along, is how long do you think they will be able to maintain their performance and what is that worth to you based on how your current team is constructed?

For a strong team built on a long term foundation of highly valuable WRs and QBs even one year of good RB production could push that team to the top, and I think that is worth a 1st round pick to acquire such a player for that purpose, even if that productivity does not last very long.

For a team that does not have a strong foundation like this I think you sell Williams for the best price you can get and try to convert the asset into a WR or something that can build the long term foundation of your team.

Yes there is always the chance that Williams becomes a long term multi season valuable asset. But that chance is slim, and from a process based perspective you want to be the seller here not the buyer.

Real deal RB. Just productive and a three down back in a league starving for them.
He has been very good and trading him earlier would have been something would regret now.

That said I still believe doing that to be correct from a process based perspective unless you truly thought he would be a multi season starter in FF.

Maybe he will be, but Zac Stacy and many other RB have been quality starters for a chunk of games but then replaced the following season.

As of right now I actually like Williams to be the Rams starting RB in 2024 and I have more confidence in that than I did with Zac Stacy at that time even though I was a huge fan of Stacy and certainly think he was worth having in the series of games he was relevant before being replaced by Todd Gurley.

The NFL has changed a lot since then and RBs who perform well seem less likely to be replaced by high draft picks after they do. Teams are more interested in getting these cheaper investments at RB to pay off for them as long as they can and use their draft assets on other positions.

McVey is very unlike Jeff Fisher.

Good for Williams I hope he can keep performing well and stays healthy. I think McVey has used Williams too much and has been a bit reckless about keeping Williams fresh. I think that management may have contributed to Williams being injured and missing some games earlier this year.

This recklessness with Williams workload is part of what makes him so valuable as well though.

Last edited:
That said I still believe doing that to be correct from a process based perspective unless you truly thought he would be a multi season starter in FF.

Some RBs are just in a great situation. Look at Moss earlier in the year. That guys was playing well. Is he as good at JTaylor? No. Is getting a bunch of touches for the Colts and their offense a decent place to be? Yes. Same with Kyren Williams. I’m not saying they’ll never be #1 RBs for their respective teams but there is more to the story than just the talent level of the RB. The OL and other skill positions matter too.

He has been very good and trading him earlier would have been something would regret now.

Maybe he will be, but Zac Stacy and many other RB have been quality starters for a chunk of games but then replaced the following season.

As of right now I actually like Williams to be the Rams starting RB in 2024 and I have more confidence in that than I did with Zac Stacy at that time even though I was a huge fan of Stacy and certainly think he was worth having in the series of games he was relevant before being replaced by Todd Gurley.

The NFL has changed a lot since then and RBs who perform well seem less likely to be replaced by high draft picks after they do. Teams are more interested in getting these cheaper investments at RB to pay off for them as long as they can and use their draft assets on other positions.

Good for Williams I hope he can keep performing well and stays healthy. I think McVey has used Williams too much and has been a bit reckless about keeping Williams fresh. I think that management may have contributed to Williams being injured and missing some games earlier this year.

This recklessness with Williams workload is part of what makes him so valuable as well though.
Bottom line, Zac Stacy wasn’t very good.

Bottom line, Zac Stacy wasn’t very good.
That depends on one's attitude.

Zac Stacy is the definition of baseline.

Users who are viewing this thread