What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Kyren Williams, LAR (1 Viewer)

Wish I would've played him, but nice to see that he's fully back. Still got high score without him. I( might've had 200 points with him though. he'll be in my lineup every week going forward. I don't think I'd trade him for any RB other than CMC and I already have CMC

Wish I would've played him, but nice to see that he's fully back. Still got high score without him. I( might've had 200 points with him though. he'll be in my lineup every week going forward. I don't think I'd trade him for any RB other than CMC and I already have CMC
x2

I missed him a lot when he was out. I had a lot of faith in him coming back to full usage and traded some of my RB depth and a few other pieces for Jefferson right at our league trade deadline...I should be stacked going into playoffs with CMC, Williams, and Jefferson.

Kyren looked great but how much of the big game was due to Cards terrible defense? In two games against the Cards he has 301 yds rushing. In his other 5 games he has 298 yds rushing. In four of those games he has a max of 53 yds rushing.

I think he is a solid RB I just think expectations for next week should be tempered a bit. His next two games are vs the Browns and Ravens. I wouldn't expect huge games.

Kyren looked great but how much of the big game was due to Cards terrible defense? In two games against the Cards he has 301 yds rushing. In his other 5 games he has 298 yds rushing. In four of those games he has a max of 53 yds rushing.

I think he is a solid RB I just think expectations for next week should be tempered a bit. His next two games are vs the Browns and Ravens. I wouldn't expect huge games.
You can't ask for more in his first game back.

The usage was once again insane. I expected much more Royce Freeman.

Prior to the injury, it seemed like his usage in the passing game was diminishing. Not so yesterday.

CLE a much stronger D, but you can run on them. And M. Garrett banged up. No way I'm not starting him.

Never good to be so reliant on one player, but his injury and 4 week absence is the main reason I’m not comfortably sitting in my dynasty SF playoffs.

Let’s see how this season ends, but he keeps putting down evidence that he can be a 20 touch per game RB going further forward than just this season.

You can't ask for more in his first game back.

The usage was once again insane. I expected much more Royce Freeman.

Prior to the injury, it seemed like his usage in the passing game was diminishing. Not so yesterday.

CLE a much stronger D, but you can run on them. And M. Garrett banged up. No way I'm not starting him.
I am in no way saying you should sit him. He needs to be in your lineup for sure. I am just not sure if he is as good as he has shown against the porous Cards defense. He gets the volume for sure and by that alone should make him be in your lineup.

In a must-win week after a bad beat last week, my 16 team IDP team was having a pretty good week.

Naturally my opponent got Kyren off the IR this week for 43.

I now have a very, very slim shot at a win. That was just brutal.

My dynasty squad has been terrible this year, so starting a rebuild and need some draft capital. Got Williams off the waiver (like many of us) this year, so figured house money. Traded him this week for 2024 1st and 2026 2nd (mid to late rounds probably). Also, more importantly, not having him on my squad almost guarantees me 1st pick in 2024 draft. He was scoring me too many points.

My dynasty squad has been terrible this year, so starting a rebuild and need some draft capital. Got Williams off the waiver (like many of us) this year, so figured house money. Traded him this week for 2024 1st and 2026 2nd (mid to late rounds probably). Also, more importantly, not having him on my squad almost guarantees me 1st pick in 2024 draft. He was scoring me too many points.
The problem is that he is the exact kind of player you hope to get with that pick. I am not sure if trading him away was a good thing.

Is McVay going to be around next year, wasn't he mulling retirement this year? In a keeper league and will be starting down the option of keeping Kyren for a 15th or Achane for a 5th next year, its already starting to stress me out, LOL :ROFLMAO:

The problem is that he is the exact kind of player you hope to get with that pick. I am not sure if trading him away was a good thing.
I understand that thought, but the LAR RB room has had so much turnover in the past few years, most of us cannot put any faith in the "current flavor of the month RB" being on the roster next season. I recently moved Kyren for late 2024 1st (likely 1.08-1.10 range in 12 team 1QB).

Aside from the likes of Todd Gurley's 5-6 years as lead RB, there are no other RBs in the last 10 years of substance from LAR.
Just for fun... "Name the Rams RB for the last 10 years"

I understand that thought, but the LAR RB room has had so much turnover in the past few years, most of us cannot put any faith in the "current flavor of the month RB" being on the roster next season. I recently moved Kyren for late 2024 1st (likely 1.08-1.10 range in 12 team 1QB).

Aside from the likes of Todd Gurley's 5-6 years as lead RB, there are no other RBs in the last 10 years of substance from LAR.
I know people are nervous about mcvay's tendency to trade/bench players, but all of those players were not productive. They then went to other teams and remained non productive (with the exception of Goff)

at the position of RB McVay was on the mark with every RB change/move/trade he has made. if you look at the eye test he is the real deal. if you want to be nervous I'd be more nervous about injury as hes not exactly a large RB who can take a lot of punishment.

thats where your risk lies with him. or if he suddenly becomes non productive but if that happens, you will know and the move wont entirely be surprising.

But many of those changes were due to injury and ineffectiveness. I don't think they have had an effective back since Gurley and once he lost it he was moved. I don't see Kyren being moved on from in the near future unless he falters. So if you think he will falter then I get moving him. But if you think he is as good as he has looked this year I just don't see where he is jettisoned with someone new taking over. I don't think McVay would do that without cause (all the others have had cause be it injury or ineffectiveness).

Double digits against Cle? Yes please. He seems to be matchup proof. Burst, wiggle and slam. Best pick up so far. He will stick next year barring major injury. I think McVay will return to build on this season.

Double digits against Cle? Yes please. He seems to be matchup proof. Burst, wiggle and slam. Best pick up so far. He will stick next year barring major injury. I think McVay will return to build on this season.

Not sure about matchup proof. Lowering expectations against BALT this week. That could be trouble.

One thing that was surprising against CLE was his lack of involvement in the passing game. Almost seemed like that was not a major part of McVay's plan.

Not sure about matchup proof. Lowering expectations against BALT this week. That could be trouble.

One thing that was surprising against CLE was his lack of involvement in the passing game. Almost seemed like that was not a major part of McVay's plan.
I expect heavy usage and for rb's these days that's almost all you can ask. He has come through everytime.

But many of those changes were due to injury and ineffectiveness
agreed exactly my point. McVay just pulls the trigger a little quicker than maybe some othere guys out there.
but Williams passes the eye test and so long as that remains the case he will be the starter.

This dude just isn’t fair as a can Akers drafter. 5th round pick last year to putting up cmc lines this year?
drafted him in 18th round in Dynasty startup. Traded him away late in season after this season was lost, got Diggs-Dowdle-next year 1st round for him... my guess is he isn't durable enough to be bell cow forever, they will find another usable RB to get at least 2 in a RBBC.

I was about to cut him and roll with Zach Evans (on PS) as my Rams backfield share until Kupp went on IR in early September.

Well, I traded for him around week 3 in a dynasty SF league where I was screwed at RB. Gave a '25 1st and got back Williams and a '23 3rd. I will admit, the move scared me and it looked bad after the injury, but he came back and helped me get in playoffs and now into the semi finals. This was really a bold move to make around week 3 where he was still being regarded as a potential flash in the pan. Immediate future looks good into next season I'd say.

These are the best trades, the ones that make you nervous but pan out. He has been a monster

Well, I traded for him around week 3 in a dynasty SF league where I was screwed at RB. Gave a '25 1st and got back Williams and a '23 3rd. I will admit, the move scared me and it looked bad after the injury, but he came back and helped me get in playoffs and now into the semi finals. This was really a bold move to make around week 3 where he was still being regarded as a potential flash in the pan. Immediate future looks good into next season I'd say.

These are the best trades, the ones that make you nervous but pan out. He has been a monster
Did something similar two weeks ago for him. Gave up what looks to be a late 24’ 1st for him and Keaton Mitchell(rip). I just won my playoff game by 5 points on the back of Kyren’s 27 points.

Insane usage. I wish he didn't get injured mid-season.

KW value is polarizing. He's the Brock Purdy this offseason. I'd have a tough time giving up a 1st for him. These player types vanish far too often.

Trading a late 1st now during a playoff push isn't the worst gamble if you think he'll put you over the top and he'll give you good value next year. That still goes against my general strategy. I'd rather invest cheaply in a Zeke/Singletary type if I need RB production.

Cameron DaSilva
Kyren Williams is 4th in the NFL in rushing yards (953) and he missed 4 games.

After Sunday's 152-yard performance, he's now 1st in rushing yards per game (95.3). Christian McCaffrey (92.3) is the only other player averaging more than 78 yards per game.
Is Kyren what it feels like to pick up CMC off of the WW?

I’m a Puka and Mostert owner, so I’m hard to impress this season with WW surprises, but if I had to choose only one impact WW addition to my roster this season who made the biggest difference then it has to be Kyren. I’ll bet a lot of fantasy championship rosters are going to have Kyren on them.

Cameron DaSilva

After Sunday's 152-yard performance, he's now 1st in rushing yards per game (95.3). Christian McCaffrey (92.3) is the only other player averaging more than 78 yards per game.

I’m a Puka and Mostert owner, so I’m hard to impress this season with WW surprises, but if I had to choose only one impact WW addition to my roster this season who made the biggest difference then it has to be Kyren. I’ll bet a lot of fantasy championship rosters are going to have Kyren on them.
I agree with you. He transformed my teams from my awful RB2 drafting into teams with two clear cut RB1’s. Some of my teams have three RB1’s because of that dude. Which is insane if you didn’t **** up the draft that bad.

Cameron DaSilva

I agree with you. He transformed my teams from my awful RB2 drafting into teams with two clear cut RB1’s. Some of my teams have three RB1’s because of that dude. Which is insane if you didn’t **** up the draft that bad.
I ran the upside down draft to “perfection” getting Mostert, Kyren, and Rachaad White as my starters. Kyren off waivers.

It’s non PPR, but Mostert and Kyren were RBs 2 and 3 in my league scoring as of today. And… I didn’t make the playoffs.

Unfortunately the “sure thing” WRs I took in rounds 1-3 didn’t pan out.

My team was still 3rd in points but had a terrible head to head record and a lot of close losses and didn’t make the playoffs, that would have been flipped with just mediocre WR performance out of those first few rounds.

So half the strategy worked! But was fun to at least see those mid/late round RBs payoff big time with minimal investment.

Cameron DaSilva

I ran the upside down draft to “perfection” getting Mostert, Kyren, and Rachaad White as my starters. Kyren off waivers.

It’s non PPR, but Mostert and Kyren were RBs 2 and 3 in my league scoring as of today. And… I didn’t make the playoffs.

Unfortunately the “sure thing” WRs I took in rounds 1-3 didn’t pan out.

My team was still 3rd in points but had a terrible head to head record and a lot of close losses and didn’t make the playoffs, that would have been flipped with just mediocre WR performance out of those first few rounds.

So half the strategy worked! But was fun to at least see those mid/late round RBs payoff big time with minimal investment.
Same.

Drafted Mostert late, D. Montgomery in the 8th, Kyren off waivers, and managed to trade cheaply for J. Gibbs.

Hopefully the ride continues for two more weeks.

Nervous about this week for a few reasons.... but he is Him for sure.

Nervous here too. Have the weird history of having my players underperform on Thursday night. And with the beating that RBs take, especially one getting so many touches, it's easy to see how we get a lesser version of Kyren tonight on short rest. Hate, hate, hate having a key player on TNF. For all we know, we might get a heavier dose of Royce Freeman tonight as part of a planned decreased workload following 32 touches just four days ago by Williams.

Nothing worse that starting your fantasy playoff matchup with a letdown that you have sit on for a few days until hopefully someone else on your roster makes up the lost ground.

Nervous about this week for a few reasons.... but he is Him for sure.

Nervous here too. Have the weird history of having my players underperform on Thursday night. And with the beating that RBs take, especially one getting so many touches, it's easy to see how we get a lesser version of Kyren tonight on short rest. Hate, hate, hate having a key player on TNF. For all we know, we might get a heavier dose of Royce Freeman tonight as part of a planned decreased workload following 32 touches just four days ago by Williams.

Nothing worse that starting your fantasy playoff matchup with a letdown that you have sit on for a few days until hopefully someone else on your roster makes up the lost ground.

Hoping all this nervousness is just an attempt at reverse jinxing lol.

Game is at home, they are fighting for a playoff spot, no word of him even being limited or rested.

NO rush D is much poorer than their pass D too.

Users who are viewing this thread