What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Khalil Herbert, CHI (1 Viewer)

I don't see much upside unfortunately. Even if Roschon gets injured, they'll just activate Foreman and split the workload. I think there needs to be a change in coaching philosophy to pound the rock to see much more value from Herbert. We saw them do this with Fields last year, where they seemingly flipped a switch and called more run plays / let him run more, so there's hope that may happen for the overall run game this year I guess.

So… maybe? Hopefully we see this usage continue

Sell High! Won’t be playing Denver again anytime soon…
I doubt anyone's buying
Why not? He just out carried the next RB 18-5 and caught 4 passes with a TD. Even the biggest Roschon fans have to give this one to Herbert. He ran hard. Played well. Has a great schedule.
Because he played Denver and has been worthless before this.
He could have had 10 yards or 200 yards my biggest takeaway was the usage. The usage was good. The usage was less RB usage. If he follows up with another clear lead RB usage at Washington next week does your stance change?

Denver is officially the get right opponent of this season.

I wouldn't read into today too much

That may be true, but the bottom line is he put 20 ish points in PPR and that's tough to find from the RB position.

And this so called R. Johnson takeover didn't happen. Again.

Next week @WASH could be tough, but then there are matchups of MN, LV, and @LAC to follow. Tha'ts a nice stretch.

At worst, you could potentially sell high. At best, this guy could still help you come bye weeks. He's not worthless.

Glad I didn't drop him.

Denver is officially the get right opponent of this season.

I wouldn't read into today too much

That may be true, but the bottom line is he put 20 ish points in PPR and that's tough to find from the RB position.

And this so called R. Johnson takeover didn't happen. Again.

Next week @WASH could be tough, but then there are matchups of MN, LV, and @LAC to follow. Tha'ts a nice stretch.

At worst, you could potentially sell high. At best, this guy could still help you come bye weeks. He's not worthless.

Glad I didn't drop him.
It’s a game script thing

Wonder what Johnson would have done against this same Denver defense.

Seems like the staff is committed to Herbert. Not sure the Johnson train will ever get started.

I doubt anyone's buying
Why not? He just out carried the next RB 18-5 and caught 4 passes with a TD. Even the biggest Roschon fans have to give this one to Herbert. He ran hard. Played well. Has a great schedule.
He could have had 10 yards or 200 yards my biggest takeaway was the usage. The usage was good. The usage was less RB usage. If he follows up with another clear lead RB usage at Washington next week does your stance change?
The usage was high BECAUSE he was playing awesome. I'm not convinced this is still not a hot hand situation going forward.

I doubt anyone's buying
The usage was high BECAUSE he was playing awesome. I'm not convinced this is still not a hot hand situation going forward.
Might be a time to buy low on Roschon.

Heard on a podcast that when the game script is equal or favorable herbert gets like 65% of touches but when the script goes negative Roshons touch count increases. So your bet on herbert should seems dependent on whether the bears can improve as a team and keep games close.

Heard on a podcast that when the game script is equal or favorable herbert gets like 65% of touches but when the script goes negative Roshons touch count increases. So your bet on herbert should seems dependent on whether the bears can improve as a team and keep games close.
So don’t bet on it.

Interesting. Math seems simple then. Watch the Vegas line. If Bears betting line within 3.5 points u start him. Over 3.5 betting line u don't. Ha ha

Interesting. Math seems simple then. Watch the Vegas line. If Bears betting line within 3.5 points u start him. Over 3.5 betting line u don't. Ha ha
that's actually not a bad thought at all...will be curious to see how that works out.

So are we starting him this week? Thursday Nights always scare me and he has a much tougher matchup in Washington. I might start him over Lions backup and biggest bust of the season Gibbs.

So are we starting him this week? Thursday Nights always scare me and he has a much tougher matchup in Washington. I might start him over Lions backup and biggest bust of the season Gibbs.
Nope. I need another week of lead RB usage. Vegas early lines has Washington by 6.5. That means we sit.

I don't follow this situation but it seems to suggest the Herbert is the starter and gets the majority of the works when they are in the game. If they fall behind and are needing to pass more the situation shifts to Johnson getting more work. For now, it seems like an owner needs to guess on if the Bears will be winning/holding a game close or playing from behind.

Khalil Herbert played on 56-of-72 snaps in the Bears’ Week 4 loss to the Broncos.

Despite reports that rookie Roschon Johnson “will gradually see an enhanced role” in the offense, Herbert emerged to see a season-high 78 percent of the team’s backfield snaps. His previous high came in Week 2 when he was in on 60 percent of the snaps. In addition to the high snap share, Herbert also ran 26 routes to Johnson’s five, which tied for the second-most routes run in Herbert’s career. Those waiting for Johnson to emerge as the starter could be waiting a little longer, as Herbert was highly efficient with his touches, averaging 5.5 yards per touch and 5.7 yards per carry. Johnson remains a strong handcuff to Herbert but is off the fantasy radar in Week 5 against the Commanders.

Washington front is good and I don't envision any repeat of yesterday, but I might have to start him anyways.

After watching the Commanders put up a great fight against the Eagles, I'm thinking they're going to give Chicago the business this week. I'm a homer though.

I have Herbert on one of my two teams but I'd have to be desperate to play him this week IMO.

i have to start him. just gotta hope the usage continues and i think he'll be fine. he's a talented back. it was just last year when he was the roschon of the bears RB duo - the guy who everyone thought was better and wanted to see get the majority of the carries. FF is about the shiny new toy i get it, but khalil is still the same dude from seasons past. he just needs the carries.

Don’t think you’ll ever feel comfortable with him as your rb2 but as a flex option that has a fun ceiling you could do worse. Head to head matchup dependent

Don’t think you’ll ever feel comfortable with him as your rb2 but as a flex option that has a fun ceiling you could do worse. Head to head matchup dependent
Yep. He seems like a good guy to roster when he is one of three guys your rotating as that flex guy. Would hate to have to start him each week, but on decent matchups you could do worse. He is a sit for me this week against Washington.

Anyone trying to sell? Successful? For what?

I wouldn't mind getting out of this situation. If CHI keeps losing, could see them turning to R. Johnson.

Could get a couple games here or there with flex worthy performance but also a decent chance in three weeks Herbert is worthless.

Anyone trying to sell? Successful? For what?

I wouldn't mind getting out of this situation. If CHI keeps losing, could see them turning to R. Johnson.

Could get a couple games here or there with flex worthy performance but also a decent chance in three weeks Herbert is worthless.
Im not gonna even try. I doubt I will get anything of value.

Washington front is good and I don't envision any repeat of yesterday, but I might have to start him anyways.

After watching the Commanders put up a great fight against the Eagles, I'm thinking they're going to give Chicago the business this week. I'm a homer though.

I have Herbert on one of my two teams but I'd have to be desperate to play him this week IMO.
I'm up against it with Ford on a bye, Akers who knows, and Javonte hurt. Waiver only Jaleel available and don't like that matchup either.

It's King Henry and.........

Welp

I was so very wrong

I needed a good follow up game before feeling good about this guy. 9 carries for 76 in the 1st half is just what the doctor ordered. Up big. Dudes gonna have a 100 against a normally okay Washington line. Just in time for the bye weeks .

I needed a good follow up game before feeling good about this guy. 9 carries for 76 in the 1st half is just what the doctor ordered. Up big. Dudes gonna have a 100 against a normally okay Washington line. Just in time for the bye weeks .
Nevermind. Once again. Football is always gonna football.

Tried to come back in but crumpled to ground when he tried to cut. Probably gonna miss some time and it sucks because roschon was out as well.

even though it didn't look good, the fact that he even came back into the game gives me hope that it's at least not a high ankle sprain. maybe the staff told him that if anything felt off at all just go down and come out.

Was watching off and on at a bar but happened to catch the play. Made my back hurt just watching it. Seems like he could've gone back in but maybe they were being cautious with the game in their favor and Johnson already banged up. He seemed to be moving alright on the sidelines.

A bummer because the offense finally looks at least competent and he was cruising.

Was watching off and on at a bar but happened to catch the play. Made my back hurt just watching it. Seems like he could've gone back in but maybe they were being cautious with the game in their favor and Johnson already banged up. He seemed to be moving alright on the sidelines.

A bummer because the offense finally looks at least competent and he was cruising.
He did go back in. He got one handoff, tried to make a cut and just dropped to the ground shaking his head. He then hobbled to the sideline. Glottal give him credit for trying to gut it out but I hope he didn’t hurt himself worse by pushing it.

Users who are viewing this thread