What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Khalil Herbert, CHI (1 Viewer)

I'm definitely high on Herbert this year, the guy has talent. Still not sure why Chicago didn't want to use him more last season, other than just wearing down a RB they planned to get rid of.
pretty sure pass protection was an issue last year, not sure if he's improved at all or not in that area
He was a liability in pass protection and it’s been reported that he took up boxing to help him in the use of hands.

Herbert is No sure thing has to prove he’s durable. He was injured in limited use last year.

Wasn’t used much in passing game and is unproven. Foreman’s big body is likely to be used near the goal. Roschon has shown more in passing game in college and reports from camp are positive.

Herbert is worth a shot at current ADP but fading the RB position in redraft in order to get him late to me is too risky. Also when Montgomery moved on many described him as pedestrian back and no big loss. But he also is the guy Herbert couldn’t beat out,
This is actually really well said and I can't disagree with the logic. I haven't missed Herbert in any draft recently because I believe the case for is stronger than the case against, and I like those picks in mid/late rds. However, this is probably the first read that makes me pause.

All I do know, is any time Herbert sees the field in real football games with the Bears he always looks great, and to my eyes was head and shoulders more talented and productive than Montgomery. For the first time the backfield is his, and he's averaged 5 ypc in his first two years with a **** offense around him. Offense will be better this year than any year he's played prior.

PS: Darnell Wright is going to be a freaking stud, and I think was the best o-lineman in the draft.

Khalil Herbert rushed nine times for 27 yards in the Bears’ Week 1 loss to the Packers, adding three receptions for 37 additional yards.

Herbert’s biggest gain came on his first reception of the day, which he took for a 19-yards in the first quarter. While he didn’t look like the efficient back we grew accustomed to seeing last season, Herbert also managed two rushes of 10-plus yards in what was an overall rough outing for the Bears. Herbert appeared to work well-ahead of D’Onta Foreman and Roschon Johnson, but could lose ground to Johnson as the season goes on. Herbert as some RB3/flex appeal in Week 2 against the Buccaneers.

- Rotoworld

Week 1 carries didn't look good. Herbert kept bouncing outside instead of hitting the hole. Herbert did look good catching the football however.

I have both Herbert and Roschon Johnson on a Zero RB build..I'm playing Roschon and benching Herbert this week.

Pellisero/I Rapp indicating that D. Foreman will be a healthy scratch.
Interesting for us thinking of starting Herbert. Curious if that means more Roschon, which is what everyone wants to believe.
As a Herbert owner, I' m glad one variable is being eliminated, but this would seem to open the door a bit more for Johnson.
I slotted Herbert into my lineups last night over other mediocre running back choices.

This news should be good news but it really makes me uneasy.

I tried to get Roschon later in my drafts but missed on him everywhere… and I own Herbert in all 3 of my main leagues.

I’m punching his ticket today, but not very enthusiastically.

Stuck with both him and Roschon as my RB1 and RB2 in Scott Fish Bowl this week. Gibson or Charbs would be my next options and I'm not feeling like Gibson is out of the doghouse. Charbs got little work in week 1.

Some interesting stats on Herbert...considering that R. Johnson truthers were thinking the takeover was underway:

D’Onta Foreman was a healthy scratch last weekend, leading the fantasy community to believe Roschon Johnson season was upon us.

However, it was Herbert who soaked up most of the additional work.

• Snaps: Up from 36% to 59%
  • Attempts: 43% to 47%
  • Routes: 27% to 47%
  • Targets: 9% to 12%
  • Short yardage snaps: 50% to 100%
While Roschon could still end up as the RB to own later this season, Herbert is the superior option right now.

He hasn’t had much luck in the box score with finishes of RB27 and RB28, but Herbert could make his way back into the RB2 conversation if Chicago can turn their offense around.

Some interesting stats on Herbert...considering that R. Johnson truthers were thinking the takeover was underway:

D’Onta Foreman was a healthy scratch last weekend, leading the fantasy community to believe Roschon Johnson season was upon us.

While Roschon could still end up as the RB to own later this season, Herbert is the superior option right now.

He hasn’t had much luck in the box score with finishes of RB27 and RB28, but Herbert could make his way back into the RB2 conversation if Chicago can turn their offense around.
good stuff! All those metrics are positive but Herbert needs to produce. He's unstartable and will be for the foreseeable future until he can start to string together a couple games.

All those metrics are positive but Herbert needs to produce.
He ran at 5 yards per carry with one catch for 23 yards. That is good production based on limited touches. The issue isn't Herbert.....it's the Bears coaching staff. It looks like they have harnessed Fields from running and then not utilizing their RB's so a bad-bad situation. This team is a mess on offense and it will hurt everyone. They should be much better and if they turn Fields loose it will help sustain drives and give more opportunities to all the RB's.

He ran at 5 yards per carry with one catch for 23 yards. That is good production based on limited touches. The issue isn't Herbert.....it's the Bears coaching staff. It looks like they have harnessed Fields from running and then not utilizing their RB's so a bad-bad situation. This team is a mess on offense and it will hurt everyone. They should be much better and if they turn Fields loose it will help sustain drives and give more opportunities to all the RB's.
I agree that the team's a mess...the playcalling, the Fields rushing, all of it. I'm just looking at the situation right now and trying to determine what Herbert's value/upside is? He's got a good RB behind him pushing him for time, the offense is terrible, the QB looks lost and he's producing 30 yards rushing and a catch or 2 which is WW material. I'm holding him for another week or so but I'm not real confident he'll be successful...just seems there are too many negative factors to get any real value here.

I agree that the team's a mess...the playcalling, the Fields rushing, all of it. I'm just looking at the situation right now and trying to determine what Herbert's value/upside is? He's got a good RB behind him pushing him for time, the offense is terrible, the QB looks lost and he's producing 30 yards rushing and a catch or 2 which is WW material. I'm holding him for another week or so but I'm not real confident he'll be successful...just seems there are too many negative factors to get any real value here.
I have Herbert in Dynasty and truly feel he is a good RB (going to be a timeshare with RJ) but unless Bears coaching staff starts working to Fields strengths (run then pass)...Fields in gonna fail...he can't read a defense nor sense the pocket collapsing. They should be running Atlanta offense right now.

good stuff! All those metrics are positive but Herbert needs to produce. He's unstartable and will be for the foreseeable future until he can start to string together a couple games.
He’s not unstartable if he’s all you got on your fantasy roster.

Points at temple smart guy gif

I have Herbert in Dynasty and truly feel he is a good RB (going to be a timeshare with RJ) but unless Bears coaching staff starts working to Fields strengths (run then pass)...Fields in gonna fail...he can't read a defense nor sense the pocket collapsing. They should be running Atlanta offense right now.
ya, it doesn't seem that hard but what do I know.

I was a big believer in him to start the season. I’m actually thinking about dropping him and let someone else consider starting him.

This offense is a dumpster fire.

Roschon is eating into touches.

I don’t see much upside here in the coming weeks.

I was a big believer in him to start the season. I’m actually thinking about dropping him and let someone else consider starting him.

I was so confident he'd be a great RB2 this season. Probably my biggest miss.

some decent matches coming up, i'm gonna hold a bit longer before dropping

Den, Wash, Min, LV, LAC

Not sure what to do with him. I just don’t see his path to upside. The offense is a mess and Roshon is essentially in a split with him a few games in. Even if he got 75% of the touches I don’t know that the role has enough upside.

Guys like Spears / Charbonet are at the top of the list and will likely drop Herbert for one of them. I can see a road to success for those guys than Herbert. He and the offense overall seem to be going the wrong way.

Not sure what to do with him. I just don’t see his path to upside. The offense is a mess and Roshon is essentially in a split with him a few games in. Even if he got 75% of the touches I don’t know that the role has enough upside.

Guys like Spears / Charbonet are at the top of the list and will likely drop Herbert for one of them. I can see a road to success for those guys than Herbert. He and the offense overall seem to be going the wrong way.
Hell, I’m looking at guys like Rico Dowdle to replace him with as I feel like they have more upside.

Then I look at guys like Rico Dowdle and realize that they have scored more fantasy points than Herbert on limited touches. Lol.

Just dealt Herbert, Mingo and a late 2nd for an early 2nd in Tri Flex. Feels like moving two roster cloggers and will be grateful come this Spring.

I don't see much upside unfortunately. Even if Roschon gets injured, they'll just activate Foreman and split the workload. I think there needs to be a change in coaching philosophy to pound the rock to see much more value from Herbert. We saw them do this with Fields last year, where they seemingly flipped a switch and called more run plays / let him run more, so there's hope that may happen for the overall run game this year I guess.

I don't see much upside unfortunately. Even if Roschon gets injured, they'll just activate Foreman and split the workload. I think there needs to be a change in coaching philosophy to pound the rock to see much more value from Herbert. We saw them do this with Fields last year, where they seemingly flipped a switch and called more run plays / let him run more, so there's hope that may happen for the overall run game this year I guess.
The offense doesn’t stay on the field, move the ball or score tds. Otherwise, they’re fine.

It would help if the Bears didn't get in such a huge deficit so early in games. It kills any chance of them running the ball. I think they stay in contention if not win this week so therefore I'm rolling him out there in a soft matchup.

I really thought I outsmarted em getting Herbert as my RB 4...turns out I just outsmarted myself. haha

New Herbert owner checking in...he is my RB5 in a full PPR league. Someone dropped him in my league and I swapped Dillion for him. Hoping he/Bears turn it around when bye weeks start happening.

Anyone rolling with him against the Broncos defense which allowed over 700 yards last week?
Herbert, Dameon Pierce & Rachaad White are flex options for me (.5ppr) but I'm leaning toward Courtland Sutton even though I read an article this morning stating that Mims jr. is going to get more run.

dropped Herbert this week, picked up Elijah Mitchell to back up CMC. Have a solid RB room with Walker and JCook, but lacking depth at WR. In a short bench redraft, I can't justify holding 5 RBs, especially when I just don't see how the Bears offense is going to be reliably productive from week to week, and I certainly don't see them scoring many touchdowns against average or better defenses. Roschon's early performance is also a knock. Hate that I'm dropping a 7th round pick after week 3, but he feels like dead weight and there was zero interest on trades for even a few FAAB $s.

dropped Herbert this week, picked up Elijah Mitchell to back up CMC. Have a solid RB room with Walker and JCook, but lacking depth at WR. In a short bench redraft, I can't justify holding 5 RBs, especially when I just don't see how the Bears offense is going to be reliably productive from week to week, and I certainly don't see them scoring many touchdowns against average or better defenses. Roschon's early performance is also a knock. Hate that I'm dropping a 7th round pick after week 3, but he feels like dead weight and there was zero interest on trades for even a few FAAB $s.
I dropped Herbert for Rico Dowdle.

I got tired of thinking about starting Herbert and saw more upside with Rico as a lottery ticket if something were to happen to Pollard.

If I’m proven wrong, so be it… but needed the dead weight off my roster.

It would help if the Bears didn't get in such a huge deficit so early in games. It kills any chance of them running the ball. I think they stay in contention if not win this week so therefore I'm rolling him out there in a soft matchup.
Citing a local source, on those option runs the edge defenders aren't crashing down on the RB as before, they're honoring Fields. PIT, WAS & TB haven't run the ball effectively either, but all three remain committed. The Bears need to, stick with it & run their pass off of it. Fields is an elite athlete who has proven he can pass on the move. But if they're not running as many rollouts with him that too probably goes back to those edge defenders staying at home.

If that's the case then the easiest way to counter would seem to be to run up inside. You can't let edge defenders account for Fields & then provide run support and get away with it. That would wreck a lot of offenses. The hype around Fields to Moore had a lot to do with the fact that both were among the league's best on the deep ball. With respect to coverages, Fields has already proven he knows how to manipulate cover personnel with his elusiveness & waving the ball around!

I think they start there, get their short game going, run inside & scheme Kmet some looks. Even with the way they're being defended, purportedly, I'd still move the pocket. Fields is capable of making those appear to be a sweep, then pull up, set his feet & throw a 50-yd frozen rope. I have Herbert in two leagues & is currently in one lineup. But Miles Sanders is now a go, along with Bryce Young. Panthers are 0-3 & hosting Minnesota, wish we could know whether Sanders is closer to 100% than 75. Also have Sutton in my flex, could plug in Sanders there. I really have no idea what to do. On the NFL Network Marcus Grant said the Vikings have the highest blitz rate & it has helped them defend the run. But that's when hot reads & screen plays are often most effective.

Users who are viewing this thread