What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB J.D. McKissic, FA (1 Viewer)

Only RB worth owning in Seattle. Not much upside but the floor rises every week.
I think much more valuable in PPR leagues. Seems clear that he will be the passing down guy, but doesn't seem built to be that between-the-tackles grinder that Carroll prefers. If he was, Carroll probably doesn't bring up Davis or continue to give chance after chance to Lacy.

I picked him up but I am not sold on him yet. He has had opportunity but has not shown much to impress me.

Mike Davis just ruled out

last week McKissicks snaps went way up after Davis out

i am between McKissick and Woodhead... can’t make up my mind 

Seattle will have 6-8 target to RB and McKissic should get all of them. Let’s say he catches 6 passes, ppr that’s a floor of 10 points or so. I think he’s got 20 point upside 

I just talked myself into him

basicslly was choosing 2 of 3 (Maclin/Woodhead/McKissic). 

Will choose between Wood and Mac Monday depending on feel/score of my matchup

Been a few years since any action from this guy, but it feels like all the hype points to Ty Johnson while McKissic produced much more with his touches. While I doubt they load up McKissic with a ton more work, I do think it’s interesting that the Lions previously used Theo Riddick to a point where he was flex worthy in PPR, AND the Patriots backfield has used James White in a similarly pass-centric role. 

If we believe Patricia wants his backfield to mirror the Patriots, McKissic feels like a perfect fit to fill the James White role now that the three down guy is out of the way. 

To be clear, I’m not dogging on Ty Johnson by way of bumping McKissic, but in deep leagues where you may have not had enough FAAB, Kerryon owners could do worse than McKissic IMO. 

What kind of outlook do people see with McKissic going forward?  I feel like he could at least be a solid flex play if you need.  

He can catch the ball, and definitely shows some burst.

Ha good times.
I remember getting in a huge argument about Eddie Lacy way back when in the SP when he'd had a good year. Had to do a mea culpa to appease the hordes of people who I'd previously disagreed with. I was dead set against Bama backs, thinking them a creation of the five-star O-line. Even Ingram had trouble becoming a force in his first years in the league. 

Good times indeed. When all the dust settled, nobody accounted for their praise of Lacy just a year or two prior. Funny thing, this internet.

J.D. McKissic contributed 36 yards on 10 carries along with six catches for 19 yards on seven targets Sunday in the Lions’ Week 10 loss to Chicago.

He was thrust into a much larger role than expected (season-high 57 snaps), absorbing the role left by Ty Johnson, who was lost to a first-half concussion. McKissic didn't have much success on the ground—he managed a long run of only nine yards—but fared better as a receiver, pulling in a team-high six catches with most of them coming on check-downs from Jeff Driskel. McKissic's role in Week 11 will depend on Johnson's availability, though even if Johnson suits up against Dallas, McKissic should remain a fixture in Detroit's passing game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anybody feeling confident in playing McKissic this week w/ only Perkins being the real ‘threat’ to take touches from him??

Anybody feeling confident in playing McKissic this week w/ only Perkins being the real ‘threat’ to take touches from him??
Wouldn't say I am confident, but I like him over Peyton Barber, who sucks.

Got Barkley and Henry on bye, so I going to roll with McKissic along with Coleman and see what happens.

With Stafford looking out again and the rest of the RB offerings for DET banged up, McKissic seems a rather decent play in PPR settings if you’ve got starters on bye, and flex appeal if you don’t.  Short dump offs seem to be a guarantee

Lions figure to be behind with a  a backup qb,  and JDM has been their favorite receiving option out of the backfield.

Even if Ty plays, McKissic has arguably done better due to his receiving volume. He's worth a Flex spot regardless, but surprised they didn't sign a JAG off the street.

J.D. McKissic rushed three times for 13 yards in the Lions' Week 11 loss to the Cowboys, adding three receptions for 40 additional yards.

McKissic had a solid six-yard run to pick up a first down on 3rd-and-5 and also showed off some solid open-field ability on a 22-yard catch. Still, Bo Scarbrough (31 snaps) easily out-snapped both Ty Johnson (18) and McKissic (14) while commanding 14 of the backfield’s 19 rush attempts. The Lions clearly have no plans to give McKissic anything resembling a featured role. He can be dropped in most fantasy formats.
5-6 points a games in Standard due to receiving work. Worth it as a FLEX.

Zach Selby @ZachDSelby

J.D. McKissic is addressing the media right now. McKissic was named the starting RB today. He said he was focused on doing everything he could at the best of his ability throughout training camp. His primary focus was becoming a better back.
https://twitter.com/zachdselby/status/1303390210043056128?s=21

Zach Selby @ZachDSelby

McKissic said he and Antonio Gibson are more than capable of catching passes out of the backfield, but he feels like all four of Washington's running backs can catch passes.
https://twitter.com/zachdselby/status/1303390534812274695?s=21

Interesting move to see him named starter. Wonder if it's more because McKissick has the NFL experience for Game 1 and really not meaningful beyond that as they plan to spread carries in this game to see who can turn it on.

I've seen him in spelling duties while in SEA these last 3 years and I can't say he leapt off the field to me with "starting RB" caliber skills.

Interesting move to see him named starter. Wonder if it's more because McKissick has the NFL experience for Game 1 and really not meaningful beyond that as they plan to spread carries in this game to see who can turn it on.

I've seen him in spelling duties while in SEA these last 3 years and I can't say he leapt off the field to me with "starting RB" caliber skills.
Who the heck can figure the Washington Lizards out?

Run JDMC has more experience than a guy that had all of 33 carries in D1 I suppose...

J.D. MCKISSIC RB, WASHINGTON FOOTBALL TEAM

Speaking Wednesday, coach Ron Rivera said Washington will use a "committee" at running back.

"The running back group is going to be by committee," Rivera said. "J.D. [McKissic] we just happened to put on the chart first." McKissic was listed as Washington's "starter" on its first unofficial depth chart this week, but that seemed more like veteran treatment than anything else, as McKissic is the elder statesman of this group. Peyton Barber and Bryce Love figure to see work on early downs, with McKissic and rookie Antonio Gibson used in pass-catching and playmaking situations. Gibson is still, by far, our favorite fantasy pick of the litter, and we'd expect one or two to separate themselves from the pack before too long.

RELATED: 

Antonio Gibson

, Peyton Barber

, Bryce Love

SOURCE: Sam Fortier on Twitter

Sep 9, 2020, 1:50 PM ET

I'll take Adrian Peterson's words on Gibson as truth.

Norv and Scott Turner  never used RBBC , ever. They pick one guy and stick with him until he breaks.

McKissic is a c.o.p. guy, it's either Love or Gibson or Barber.  Love is working with a repaired ACL from last season has he lost a step? Barber is a j.a.g , in one of the NFLs. most prolific offenses ( TB, 2019) he couldn't get out of his own way, avg'd 3.1 ypc. But I admire the coachspeak that he's 'good'. 

Users who are viewing this thread