What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How far have you dropped Jaxon Smith-Njigba? (1 Viewer)

Soulfly3

Footballguy
Like the title states.

Did he go to a good club to start with for a WR, in your opinion? Second, is that club already too crowded at the position? Now, having two absolute ballhog thumpers at RB (walker AND charbs), how far down your rookie rankings has JSN dipped (if at all)?

I didn't really drop him, still at #3 for me, though now my expectation is to have a bit more patience than if he landed in a spot with a clear path to high target share.

We'll see where I'm at in a month, but he went from 1.02 to 1.03 for me. But nothing to do with his landing spot.

Seattle has supported two good fantasy receivers. They've done it with Geno at QB. I suspect at some point they'll invest in a better QB. Lockett is getting long in the tooth--NFL wise anyways. He's going to succeed in Seattle.

I had him ahead of Gibbs. Gibbs going at 12th overall moves him into the 2 spot for me, at least for now. Montgomery isn't chopped liver. Swift is still on the roster. But when you use a 1st--especially #12 on a back--you plan to use him a lot. And he's fantastic in the passing game.

TL;DR, I'm not worried about JSN's landing spot.

Was and still is 1.3, but that’s just a ranking for me as I don’t have a pick in the 3-4 area so don’t see me drafting him.

He’s a primary slot who will be playing with two good outside receivers that defenses will fear/respect. That formula seemed to work great for him previously.

He’s still 1.03 for me. Maybe a month ago in FFPC I traded 1.03 for 1.08, 2.01, and a swap of 2024 1sts. I’m coming off a three peat and the other team is absolutely terrible so that’s a lock top 4 pick and a big value gap for the pick swap.

Liked the deal a lot then, absolutely love it now as I see a lot of moaning over him landing in Seattle. Don’t think it’s a terrible spot at all but it sure doesn’t seem to have any juice. Think he’ll be fine long term but as for this coming season I don’t expect him to be a cornerstone on championship type teams or anything. Expecting more of a WR3/WR4 kind of finish.

An interesting thought to consider is JSN vs Mingo. Seems the league was much higher on Mingo than the FF community all along and the gap between those two is considerably smaller than I certainly ever expected. I’d actually entertain an argument that preferred Mingo there. Don’t think I’d have the stones to do it myself but I could see somebody loving the pairing with Bryce Young and just shoving their chips in.

He’s still 1.03 for me, firmly. Maybe a month ago in FFPC I traded 1.03 for 1.08, 2.01, and a swap of 2024 1sts. I’m coming off a three peat and the other team is absolutely terrible so that’s a lock top 4 pick and a big value gap for the pick swap.

Liked the deal a lot then, absolutely love it now as I see a lot of moaning over him landing in Seattle. Don’t think it’s a terrible spot at all but it sure doesn’t seem to have any juice. Think he’ll be fine long term but as for this coming season I don’t expect him to be a cornerstone on championship type teams or anything. Expecting more of a WR3/WR4 kind of finish.

An interesting thought to consider is JSN vs Mingo. Seems the league was much higher on Mingo than the FF community all along and the gap between those two is considerably smaller than I certainly ever expected. I’d actually entertain an argument that preferred Mingo there. Don’t think I’d have the stones to do it myself but I could see somebody loving the pairing with Bryce Young and just shoving their chips in.
Who do you like at 1.2?

He’s still 1.03 for me, firmly. Maybe a month ago in FFPC I traded 1.03 for 1.08, 2.01, and a swap of 2024 1sts. I’m coming off a three peat and the other team is absolutely terrible so that’s a lock top 4 pick and a big value gap for the pick swap.

Who do you like at 1.2?

Oh Gibbs, easily. Single QB of course.

Who do you like at 1.2?

Easily? Not even considering Swift, who will probably get traded, Monty isn't chopped liver. For me it's JSN at 1.2 in a start 1QB league. I'm not sure Gibbs will get a lot of love running the ball and even if he catches 80 balls (ceiling), I already know JSN will be at that level or exceed it.

Who do you like at 1.2?

Easily? Not even considering Swift, Monty isn't chopped liver. For me it's JSN at 1.2 in a start 1QB league. I'm not sure Gibbs will get a lot of love running the ball and even if he catches 80 balls (ceiling), I already know JSN will be at that level or exceed it.
In redraft, sure. Dynasty? The dude is gonna ball in a year or two. Talent plus the coach, plus a good line. Easily #2 imo.
This also assumes you’re starting more than one RB and less than 5 WR.

Who do you like at 1.2?

Easily? Not even considering Swift, Monty isn't chopped liver. For me it's JSN at 1.2 in a start 1QB league. I'm not sure Gibbs will get a lot of love running the ball and even if he catches 80 balls (ceiling), I already know JSN will be at that level or exceed it.
In redraft, sure. Dynasty? The dude is gonna ball in a year or two. Talent plus the coach, plus a good line. Easily #2 imo.
I can respect your opinion, even if I disagree with it.

Who do you like at 1.2?

I can respect your opinion, even if I disagree with it.
Same. I’m just trying to understand your view long term after JSN fell a bit and the lions clearly wanted Gibbs badly.

I already know JSN will be at that level or exceed it.
Yeah?

I have not done any projections (and I won't) but seems like a lot of WR mouths to feed.

Also really depends on your view of Geno. He did well this year and looks to start for the near future but is he able to feed 3 top receivers plus two backs? Do we really expect the Seahawks to have a top 5 offense over the next few years? Not that it needs to be for JSN to thrive but it does with the others to succeed too.

Easily? Not even considering Swift, who will probably get traded, Monty isn't chopped liver. For me it's JSN at 1.2 in a start 1QB league. I'm not sure Gibbs will get a lot of love running the ball and even if he catches 80 balls (ceiling), I already know JSN will be at that level or exceed it.
As will about 25 other WRs, which makes JSN useful but not necessarily impactful. He needs to hit a mark notably higher than that to have the same impact on your lineup as Gibbs would have if he’s seeing a sizable receiving workload as a RB.

Who do you like at 1.2?

Yep, easily for me. I have a Bijan tier and a Gibbs tier. I used to have a JSN tier and I guess I still kinda do but he’s a whole lot closer to a who Id take at 4 and 5 than he used to be.

As will about 25 other WRs, which makes JSN useful but not necessarily impactful. He needs to hit a mark notably higher than that to have the same impact on your lineup as Gibbs would have if he’s seeing a sizable receiving workload as a RB.
I think JSN will hit a mark notably higher. I can easily see him as a 100 reception receiver.

The RBs have no bearing on JSN.

I personally disagree. I think it means the ball will be in the hands of two very capable RBs more often than not. Geno last season was out of his mind, and I don't trust at all that he is actually as good as we saw (we have a LOT of body of work to prove he isn't). Doesn't mean he didnt just bloom late and now is a good QB. he just might be... but putting a lot of faith in that to be taking JSN at somewhere like #2. Esp w 2 good WRs alreayd rostered and w a connection w Geno

I like JSN. I want him. I may even get him at 4... But Im not sure I actually take him at 4 with how it all panned out

Who do you like at 1.2?

Aren’t 80 RB catches more valuable in fantasy than 80 catches from a WR? Gibbs will get carries as well - albeit I agree Singletary will lead in that regard.

Who do you like at 1.2?

Aren’t 80 RB catches more valuable in fantasy than 80 catches from a WR? Gibbs will get carries as well - albeit I agree Singletary will lead in that regard.
I don't think Gibbs will catch 80 balls. He might do it once as a ceiling, but if he isn't getting enough carries, he is risky in fantasy. He could end up a 5 - 7 carry / 4 or 5 reception guy. I'd much rather have JSN, who I think will be a reception monster. Look, I'm not saying Gibbs will end up getting Gainwell'd , but IMO JSN carries less risk and will be a great fantasy WR.

PPR 1QB- If you're a contender with somebody else's 1.02, it's Gibbs. You're going to have to just settle for hoping he's an immediate high end RB2/ fringe RB1 based on a ~9 carries and ~6 targets a game. Totally feasible and might even be a likely scenario. With that O Line and his long speed, he's going to have a good floor with the catches and a fine ceiling with breakaway runs. Just don't expect much goal line work for the first couple of years, at least short yardage goal line work. As his career matures, assuming he works at his craft, he'll eventually get more goal line work. His top end RB1 seasons might be in 2025-2028 if he follows and Eke type of career trajectory.

There's no way Seattle is supporting 3x top 16 pass catchers. JSN's seemed like a guy that can have a bunch of Keenan Allen seasons. Just don't expect it to happen for a couple of years. His ceiling isn't really capped per se but expecting top 6 WR isn't really a likely outcome. So a great outcome for him would be 2025-2030 of being the WR 11-WR15 or so finishes. In the long run, his career will have 3 more ff useful seasons. So if you're not contending now, that's a fine pick at 1.02 if you're trying to build a stable of core WRs and throw in the RBs at the end of your buildup.

Still feels like 1.02 and 1.03 are a tier of their own but lost some ground on 1.04-1.06 who are clearly the Addison/Johnston/Flowers for me.

He might have moved up for me. I like the landing. I was also never expecting 1000+ yards in year 1 though.

Not far at all. He’s still the WR1 of this class IMO, and Lockett is 31.

The payoff will be both short and long term, as he will only see more opportunity in a post-Lockett world.

He’s not as valuable as if he went to the Vikings or Bills, but he should still be a productive receiver. Lockett is starting to look kind of washed and I wouldn’t be shocked to see JSN as the 2nd most productive WR in Seattle.

I still have JSN as a top 4 standard, top 5 SF pick.

I did flip flop him with Gibbs, because I believe DET is going to move Swift & Gibbs is an exciting playmaker.

The payoff will be both short and long term, as he will only see more opportunity in a post-Lockett world.

He’s not as valuable as if he went to the Vikings or Bills, but he should still be a productive receiver. Lockett is starting to look kind of washed and I wouldn’t be shocked to see JSN as the 2nd most productive WR in Seattle.

I did flip flop him with Gibbs, because I believe DET is going to move Swift & Gibbs is an exciting playmaker.
So, you’re ignoring Montgomery? I think JSN will be their #1 WR in the future and #2 before the season is over. Aren’t you worried about Gibbs use in the running game? I remember people slobbering all over Swift too. I believe Gibbs will be used like they wanted to use Swift. Monty will get lots of carries and if it wasn’t him it would be someone else.

So, you’re ignoring Montgomery? I think JSN will be their #1 WR in the future and #2 before the season is over. Aren’t you worried about Gibbs use in the running game? I remember people slobbering all over Swift too. I believe Gibbs will be used like they wanted to use Swift. Monty will get lots of carries and if it wasn’t him it would be someone else.
Monty is going to get a lot of those grinding carries that aren't high value. Monty will likely steal TDs though and that's a bummer of course. The role I see Gibbs filling for Detroit is the Swift and eventually the Kalif Raymond role. Swift and Raymond combined for 95 receptions. Raymond is also 5'9" and with 4.39 speed.

I remember people slobbering all over Swift too.
Are you projecting a never ending cascade of injuries for GIbbs?
Right, the injuries were the biggest roadblock for his fantasy success. If you look at Swift's projected season stats based the games he did play, it comes out to 4 receptions, 72 yards and 0.6 TDs per game. That's 14.8 PPR PPG. That's low end RB1 numbers- Rhamondre and Aaron Jones from last year. Which is a nice starting point given the scarcity at RBs. Add in that those numbers don't factor in games Swift played but was limited with his injury or for the fact Gibbs is a better prospect, then I can see a ceiling for a high end RB1 outcome.

Not ignoring Montgomery. I just feel they have vastly different skill sets.

I see Gibbs as the lightning to Monty’s thunder. I expect them to be on the field together a lot.

Monty is going to get a lot of those grinding carries that aren't high value. Monty will likely steal TDs though and that's a bummer of course. The role I see Gibbs filling for Detroit is the Swift and eventually the Kalif Raymond role. Swift and Raymond combined for 95 receptions. Raymond is also 5'9" and with 4.39 speed.
Monty will also absorb a ton of hits that might otherwise shorten Gibbs career, so it’s probably for the best.

I’m seeing a Mark Ingram/Kamara comp here.

Dropped him 1 spot. I flip flopped him and Gibbs.
Exactly what I did. Not that I have a pick to take either, but if I did that’s how I’d have it.
I do so it's going to be tough because I was really sold on JSN.
In your case I’d probably use positional need/team build as my tiebreaker.

I was pretty solid on JSN and I still am. At some point he’s going to be the clear 2nd option in the SEA receiving game, and like I said, it might be this year.

As a chain mover he should be PPR gold in that ARSB model.

So if WR is your team’s biggest need, I’d lean that way.

If going for BPA/Upsode, Gibbs could be a special FF player, IF DET uses him right.

Not ignoring Montgomery. I just feel they have vastly different skill sets.

I see Gibbs as the lightning to Monty’s thunder. I expect them to be on the field together a lot.
Exactly except for the last sentence

Top 4 in standard? Who's 1-3?

Non-QB’s aside. I have it as:

Bijan in a tier of his own, followed by Gibbs and JSN in a tier of their own. Basically, those three haven’t changed for me post-draft.

Top 4 in standard? Who's 1-3?
The same as it’s been for a while now.

Bijan, Gibbs, JSN, and 🤔

Ok, top 3.

Bijan in a tier of his own, followed by Gibbs and JSN in a tier of their own. Basically, those three haven’t changed for me post-draft.
Who is 1.2 in start 1-5 RB, 1-5WRs ppr .5 ppr only for rbs dynasty?

Who is 1.2 in start 1-5 RB, 1-5WRs ppr .5 ppr for rbs dynasty?
Gibbs. Love the player, love the landing spot. That 12th overall capital is just chef’s kiss.
It is full PPR for WRs, only .5 PPR for running backs and you only have to start 1 RB. Still Gibbs over JSN?

I could be wrong but I think Gibbs is getting too much FF love with the high DC. From what I gather, he has zero inside running chops, that is not good for an NFL RB. He will need a boat load of receptions and there are a lot of mouths to feed in Detroit. I think the speed combo of Jamo and Gibbs will be worth more to the Lions than us playing FF.

I could be wrong but I think Gibbs is getting too much FF love with the high DC. From what I gather, he has zero inside running chops, that is not good for an NFL RB. He will need a boat load of receptions and there are a lot of mouths to feed in Detroit. I think the speed combo of Jamo and Gibbs will be worth more to the Lions than us playing FF.
I wouldn’t be shocked by a 100 reception season.

I wouldn’t be shocked by a 100 reception season.
WOW, I will be shocked considering all the other weapons. ARSB target hog, need to justify Jamo when he comes back, a new pass catching TE, Monty actually a very good receiving back, and their MO has been wanting to run the rock with that o-line.

WOW, I will be shocked considering all the other weapons. ARSB target hog, need to justify Jamo when he comes back, a new pass catching TE, Monty actually a very good receiving back, and their MO has been wanting to run the rock with that o-line.
Not saying he’ll do it, but it’s in his range of outcomes.

That’s why I’d draft him if I were DET.

Gibbs. Love the player, love the landing spot. That 12th overall capital is just chef’s kiss.
It is full PPR for WRs, only .5 PPR for running backs and you only have to start 1 RB. Still Gibbs over JSN?
Okay yeah, given all that I’d give JSN the edge there.

Justin Jefferson went pick #22. He did ok. I am not dropping JSN because he landed in Seattle.

Okay yeah, given all that I’d give JSN the edge there.
Agreed.

That’s an interesting format, too. If you have the option of only starting one, running back, why devalue them with the half point per reception?

I don’t think I’ve seen that before. I’ve seen full point for running back/tight end and a half point for wide receiver before, but this is a new one for me.

Interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread