What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How far have you dropped Jaxon Smith-Njigba? (1 Viewer)

Non-QB’s aside. I have it as:

Bijan in a tier of his own, followed by Gibbs and JSN in a tier of their own. Basically, those three haven’t changed for me post-draft.
Who is 1.2 in start 1-5 RB, 1-5WRs ppr .5 ppr for rbs dynasty?
Gibbs. Love the player, love the landing spot. That 12th overall capital is just chef’s kiss.
It is full PPR for WRs, only .5 PPR for running backs and you only have to start 1 RB. Still Gibbs over JSN?
Okay yeah, given all that I’d give JSN the edge there.
Agreed.

That’s an interesting format, too. If you have the option of only starting one, running back, why devalue them with the half point per reception?

I don’t think I’ve seen that before. I’ve seen full point for running back/tight end and a half point for wide receiver before, but this is a new one for me.

Interesting.
The half point for RB was in place before the number of starter change. One thing for sure, is that if a vote is called again to change it to 1 point for RBs I will require at least 2 years before it takes affect. Otherwise I would probably take Gibbs. Plus we just had a vote this year to change to 1 point ppr for RBs and it was shot down.

The half point for RB was in place before the number of starter change. One thing for sure, is that if a vote is called again to change it to 1 point for RBs I will require at least 2 years before it takes affect. Otherwise I would probably take Gibbs. Plus we just had a vote this year to change to 1 point ppr for RBs and it was shot down.
Appreciate the insight. I always love seeing formats that are new to me.

And yeah, with that format you absolutely need a grace period if a scoring or roster change is implemented. Such a move could completely hose everyone who built to the current format.

I could be wrong but I think Gibbs is getting too much FF love with the high DC. From what I gather, he has zero inside running chops, that is not good for an NFL RB. He will need a boat load of receptions and there are a lot of mouths to feed in Detroit. I think the speed combo of Jamo and Gibbs will be worth more to the Lions than us playing FF.
I wouldn’t be shocked by a 100 reception season.
I would.

That’s a lot of catches and Montgomery is solid as a pass catcher too. Kind of reminding me of last year when many were projecting ETN for 80 catches.

That’s a lot of catches and Montgomery is solid as a pass catcher too. Kind of reminding me of last year when many were projecting ETN for 80 catches.
ETN could still be that this year.

I expected something in the 50 reception range for ETN. He had 35 I think, but he was also worked into the offense slowly.

Gibbs isn’t coming off a Lisfranc, and is an inch taller & 16 LBs lighter than ETN. IMO the Lions drafted him to be a a hybrid rusher/receiver.

I do wonder if Jameson doesn’t get suspended whether the Lions take Gibbs.

Again, I am *not* projecting 100 receptions for Gibbs. I’m just saying it wouldn’t shock me.

60-80 seems pretty doable though if he’s utilized as I believe he will be. And Montgomery being a between the tackles guy should help Gibbs much talked about lighter frame to stay healthy.

about what I expected, and didnt see any huge outliers. dropping him 1-2 spots seems about right.

personally, i havent fully landed on how far down Im putting him, but he's behind both RBs for now and quentin for SURE (ppr dynasty). I think he's gonna drop behind addison too, but that remains undecided. probably not, but maybe.

i had flowers as my #1 wr this year, but he's freefallen now behind 3-4 WRs at least.

ETN could still be that this year.
Maybe-I've certainly been wrong about my projection of ETN's receiving role. Gibbs is a much better receiver sot there's reason to believe.
I expected something in the 50 reception range for ETN. He had 35 I think, but he was also worked into the offense slowly.

Gibbs isn’t coming off a Lisfranc, and is an inch taller & 16 LBs lighter than ETN. IMO the Lions drafted him to be a a hybrid rusher/receiver.
Maybe I am reading this wrong but ETN is taller than Gibbs
I do wonder if Jameson doesn’t get suspended whether the Lions take Gibbs.

Again, I am *not* projecting 100 receptions for Gibbs. I’m just saying it wouldn’t shock me.

60-80 seems pretty doable though if he’s utilized as I believe he will be. And Montgomery being a between the tackles guy should help Gibbs much talked about lighter frame to stay healthy.
Lions were in on Gibbs all the way, I think their original plan was Witherspoon at 6 and trade up/stay and pray for Gibbs.

Last edited:
Haven't really dropped him at all. Still my rookie WR1, probably ~#8ish overall, behind 6-8 RBs because my league is weird.
I'll bite, what are the league settings?
12-team, 20-man, PPR, QRRWWFKD, 6pt all TD, 5pt bonus at 300Pa/150Ru/150Re. It's really nothing specifically RB-premium, but WR gets faded a bit when you can only start 3 max, and TE's not named Kelce are practically eliminated when you don't have to start one. Add in a bunch of owners that uber-prioritze RB, and well, that's where we are.

Examples of where I've gotten WR's in the past, giving credence to why I would not prioritze any WR above pick #7 this year:
AJ Brown at pick #27
CeeDee Lamb at pick #12
Garrett Wilson at pick #18
Jameson Williams at pick #19

Haven't really dropped him at all. Still my rookie WR1, probably ~#8ish overall, behind 6-8 RBs because my league is weird.
I'll bite, what are the league settings?
12-team, 20-man, PPR, QRRWWFKD, 6pt all TD, 5pt bonus at 300Pa/150Ru/150Re. It's really nothing specifically RB-premium, but WR gets faded a bit when you can only start 3 max, and TE's not named Kelce are practically eliminated when you don't have to start one. Add in a bunch of owners that uber-prioritze RB, and well, that's where we are.

Examples of where I've gotten WR's in the past, giving credence to why I would not prioritze any WR above pick #7 this year:
AJ Brown at pick #27
CeeDee Lamb at pick #12
Garrett Wilson at pick #18
Jameson Williams at pick #19
"weird" isn't the word I would use to describe what is happening in your league.

So I got to hear your top 6 after Robinson and Gibbs please tell me the 4 RB's you are taking over JSN.

I havent dropped Njigba in terms of rookie rankings, but I have a bit as far as overall ranking if I were to do a startup. Not a ton, maybe a half a round or so.
Gibbs is still #2 in rookie rankings, but he went up some in startup rankings for me since he is now for sure the 2nd drafted RB by a lot, and was drafted high to boot.

I havent dropped Njigba in terms of rookie rankings, but I have a bit as far as overall ranking if I were to do a startup. Not a ton, maybe a half a round or so.
Gibbs is still #2 in rookie rankings, but he went up some in startup rankings for me since he is now for sure the 2nd drafted RB by a lot, and was drafted high to boot.

Lockett's contract balloons to a $24,000,000 cap hit next year. JSB was drafted with that in mind. No reason to think JSN won't have all the targets he needs by then. Pete Carroll propensity to run is likely a bigger impediment to JSN than other receivers.

JSN and Gibbs were 2 and 3 on every rookie board before the draft. I don't see how that changed. The ranking will depend on your need and your league.

I was leaning jsn at 2 pre draft. I now have him at 1.03, and very close with QJ at 1.04.

Rop 12 DC at RB pushes Gibbs clearly ahead, and I think Johnston has the better ceiling and the landing spot helps his chances of hitting it. More to do with the other 2 getting plus landing spots than dropping JSN. JSN is still a really good prospect in a fine spot.

JSN and Gibbs were 2 and 3 on every rookie board before the draft. I don't see how that changed. The ranking will depend on your need and your league.
I agree though I wouldn’t fault someone who prefers Addison or Q to JSN. I don’t like them as much as players but they got similar draft capital and better landing spots.

So do we give Geno a slight bump because of his new slot receiver?
I don't see why not. JSN is an immediate upgrade for him there. And so long as he plays decent, he should open up the field more for DK as well. Plus, as much as KW3 hate it, having Charbs in a backfield rotation should be a benefit too. It will keep the backs fresh, and the fact he's a pass catching threat as well, it won't telegraph what the offense is doing regardless of who's in the backfield. Not sure where his ADP will wind up come August, but for now I think Geno would def be one of my "pass on QB early and draft 'x' later" redraft guys.

The Guru is not buying JSN. Neither is Paul Kelly.

The Guru's John Hansen has Zay Flowers as his WR1 for rookie drafts. and both the Guru and Paul Kelly have Anthony RIchardson over JSN in 1 QB leagues.

The Guru's John Hansen has Zay Flowers as his WR1 for rookie drafts. and both the Guru and Paul Kelly have Anthony RIchardson over JSN in 1 QB leagues.
More for the rest of us on Festivus.

More for the rest of us on Festivus.
Unfortunately for us The Guru and Paul Kelly are not in our leagues sitting at picks 3 and/or 4.

Another example why it's best to make your own rankings

Add Bloom to the list he has Richardson in tier 2 as a top 3 player and JSN the next tier below

So much of these guys are situation specific.

For example, I like JSN much more long term than Addison, but I like Addison more for 2023.

Does your team need WR immediately or can you hold for the long term and be okay at WR? Is your dynasty team competitive now or are you in a rebuild?

Static dynasty rankings are just one factor to consider of many.

Not at all. I think he's going to the perfect situation & will eat in that slot role in single coverage. If anything, I'd probably bump down Metcalf and/or Lockett.

Not at all. I think he's going to the perfect situation & will eat in that slot role in single coverage. If anything, I'd probably bump down Metcalf and/or Lockett.
I agree with this. Lots of balls thrown his way, he will definitely out-target DK.

Users who are viewing this thread