What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB D'Onta Foreman, CLE (1 Viewer)

A little banged up this week. How’s everyone feeling about playing him ?
Love the talent, but with Chuba back in the mix, he's a dicey start even if healthy.
No he isn’t lol. Four 100 yards games in the past six games Is far from a dicey start.

Chuba did nothing last year when he had his chance to be the guy. But being banged this week puts things into question a little
You can LOL all you want to, and as a Foreman owner I also want him to ball out down the stretch. Heck, he's been a fantastic asset to me, particularly while Chuba was injured, and he may well have another great fantasy game this week. I already stated that I love his talent.

However, Chuba has some talent also, and to close one's eyes to the 17 carries Chuba got last game in his return from injury, as well as 2 pitiful performances Foreman turned in in his last 4 starts against admittedly tough run D's, where he had under 25 total yards in each with Chuba on the bench.....is simply willful blindness.

Love the talent, but with Chuba back in the mix, he's a dicey start even if healthy.
No he isn’t lol. Four 100 yards games in the past six games Is far from a dicey start.

Chuba did nothing last year when he had his chance to be the guy. But being banged this week puts things into question a little
You can LOL all you want to, and as a Foreman owner I also want him to ball out down the stretch. Heck, he's been a fantastic asset to me, particularly while Chuba was injured, and he may well have another great fantasy game this week. I already stated that I love his talent.

However, Chuba has some talent also, and to close one's eyes to the 17 carries Chuba got last game in his return from injury, as well as 2 pitiful performances Foreman turned in in his last 4 starts against admittedly tough run D's, where he had under 25 total yards in each with Chuba on the bench.....is simply willful blindness.
That stat cannot be looked at in a vacuum. Foreman had 24 carries himself averaging 4.7 ypc to Chuba's 3.8. This also was not Chuba's return from injury game. Chuba has been back for the past 4 games.

Lastly, Baltimore has been really good against the run and the Cincy game is an outlier because of game script. Cincy was up 35-0 at the half!! No team is going to be running in that scenario. Foreman is more dependent on game script, but Chuba is clearly second fiddle to Foreman as long as the game stays within reach for Carolina. Decision for fantasy fb to play Foreman is dependent on who the opponent is way more than Chuba's presence.

That stat cannot be looked at in a vacuum. Foreman had 24 carries himself averaging 4.7 ypc to Chuba's 3.8. This also was not Chuba's return from injury game. Chuba has been back for the past 4 games.

Lastly, Baltimore has been really good against the run and the Cincy game is an outlier because of game script. Cincy was up 35-0 at the half!! No team is going to be running in that scenario. Foreman is more dependent on game script, but Chuba is clearly second fiddle to Foreman as long as the game stays within reach for Carolina. Decision for fantasy fb to play Foreman is dependent on who the opponent is way more than Chuba's presence.
Hope y'all are right. I need Foreman to ball out the next 4 weeks. Still believe that Chuba is gonna hurt us....we shall see.

Hope y'all are right. I need Foreman to ball out the next 4 weeks. Still believe that Chuba is gonna hurt us....we shall see.
You have a game the last week? Ouch. That's rough. Most leagues end the week before to avoid a week where a lot of NFL teams sit their starters and playoff seeding becomes definitive.

You have a game the last week? Ouch. That's rough. Most leagues end the week before to avoid a week where a lot of NFL teams sit their starters and playoff seeding becomes definitive.

Yea Foreman is a baller, and he is like "Baby Henry". Chuba IMO is just another guy, he had his chance last year, and like others have stated he has been back for several games now. The games where Foreman didn't do well were due to the panthers losing badly. The Cincy game was ridiculous, and the Ravens have one of the best rushing defenses in the league. The schedule the rest of the way for Foreman is very favorable, and as long as he stays healthy I think he is a very good RB2

Is it me or is Chubba getting the goal line work? I saw Foremen had a few red zone carries but it almost seems like when they need a yard, it’s Chubba?

Is it me or is Chubba getting the goal line work? I saw Foremen had a few red zone carries but it almost seems like when they need a yard, it’s Chubba?

Chuba to me looks like change of pace + 3rd down, maybe 2 minute drill? More valuable touches than two down grinder

I didn't watch the game but others have commented that Foreman had 2 shots at goal to go and was stuffed, then they brought in Hubbard on 3rd down and he punched it in.

I didn't watch the game but others have commented that Foreman had 2 shots at goal to go and was stuffed, then they brought in Hubbard on 3rd down and he punched it in.

I think he got nearly three shots at it. He'd picked up a first at the three on a third and one, then they ran a play with Foreman, then he ran again, then Chuba came in.

Chuba also was getting some third down work with short yardage, but Foreman had, what 17 carries? Asking any more on a bum wheel would have been trouble for him, I think.

They're both going to get their if game script is conducive. That's really the problem with starting either. The game script tells you what Carolina is going to do.

eta* checked the game log and edited my original statement.

D'Onta Foreman told reporters remaining in Carolina would be his "first choice" this offseason.​

Foreman, still only 26, will be an unrestricted free agent this March after signing a one-year deal with the Panthers. He took over the lead back role after Christian McCaffrey's trade and so far has rushed for a career-high 846 yards and five scores. It would make sense for the Panthers to retain him as long as his asks aren't exorbitant.
SOURCE: David Newton on Twitter
Jan 5, 2023, 3:06 PM ET

Bears signed D'Onta Foreman to a one-year, $3 million deal.​

Another running back domino has fallen as Foreman heads to Chicago in what perhaps could be a committee with Khalil Herbert. Many fantasy managers were hoping Herbert could survive free agency and the draft, but that may have been a pipe dream. The cheap contract for Foreman suggest Herbert is still the Bears’ lead back, but he may not be the workhorse some have hoped. Foreman is coming off his best season by far where he ran for 914 yards and five touchdowns while averaging a healthy 4.5 yards per carry. He’ll certainly look to be a factor in the Bears offense.
RELATED:
SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter
Mar 16, 2023, 7:40 PM ET

Think it’s an excellent fit and like it for both team and player.
Good for the Bears but bad for FF. Bears backfield will be a 4 way split- Herbert, Foreman, Fields + whatever pass catching RB they bring in.

I’m pretty much at the point where there’s like 4 actually good situations in the whole league and everyone else is just a piece of a time share. So I’be just started evaluating accepting that every situation is going to present challenges and it’s more about who they’re competing against for touches and what has to happen in order for roles to expand and then assessing the likelihood of those things happening.

Bears to me look like a good spot for a running back in general based on what the team wants to do. I expect an oline upgrade in the draft and a more functional offense in general. Who’s the competition? Herbert and Homer? I mean, that’s not scary whatsoever. I can close my eyes and pretty easily see a world where either Foreman just outplays them and separates himself or an injury turns him into a primary back.

And also, we’re talking about a guy (Foreman) that has been available for cheap. Have him on two teams at the cost of a 3rd and 4th round pick respectively.

So, low cost to invest + good running team spot imo + weak competition equals a very attractive bet to me.

And every single running back is a true bet in this league now. It’s all about cost to acquire vs upside to me now.

Think it’s an excellent fit and like it for both team and player.
Good for the Bears but bad for FF. Bears backfield will be a 4 way split- Herbert, Foreman, Fields + whatever pass catching RB they bring in.

I’m pretty much at the point where there’s like 4 actually good situations in the whole league and everyone else is just a piece of a time share. So I’be just started evaluating accepting that every situation is going to present challenges and it’s more about who they’re competing against for touches and what has to happen in order for roles to expand and then assessing the likelihood of those things happening.

This. You collect as many talented RBs as you can that fall into the category of "one injury away". You get enough of them, and there's a fair chance that you will always have one with a good enough matchup to make them startable. Also a fair chance that you get the injury at some point that elevates one of them to a workhorse and potential league winner.

If there are no more additions, I think Foreman and Herbert will both make excellent candidates to collect on your bench and see if you get lucky.

Foreman plays in Chicago and could be thrust into active duty next week

R.Johnson took quite a shot H2H and he was immediately deemed to have a concussion and put in protocol, who knows?
Herbert was set for a big night and I bet Justin Fields would like to have that pass back that he threw and Herb ends up contorting his ankle underneath, gnarly looking.
Oh and Travis Homer injured his hammy, to what extent we don't know yet

Anyone picking this guy up and hoping he does well? Seems like he ran hard in his previous years with other teams
I got him for free after waivers ran. Might drop him for Ingram if he stays available. Depends on if Johnson is active I guess.

There’s a small chance Foreman becomes the lead back and they keep Roschon as the change of pace. I’d assume it’s pretty unlikely though.

Anyone picking this guy up and hoping he does well? Seems like he ran hard in his previous years with other teams
I got him for free after waivers ran. Might drop him for Ingram if he stays available. Depends on if Johnson is active I guess.

There’s a small chance Foreman becomes the lead back and they keep Roschon as the change of pace. I’d assume it’s pretty unlikely though.

This is what I did as well. I'm holding Roschon - don't need him this week - but picked up Foreman for free more as a block than anything. There is a maybe 20% chance Roschon doesn't clear protocols (IANAD) which opens the door for D'Onta. There is probably an equal chance Johnson clears, his role stays the same, and Foreman becomes a not-so-attractive lead back. Though I have always enjoyed his running style he is virtually N/A as a pass catcher. Still, why give my RB starved leaguemates a freebie (12 x 18 rosters +2 IR spots.)

Over the next 3 weeks or so one of those guys will be fantasy relevant.

I pooh poohed him before thinking he's a bum and then he rumbled for 100 yards + here and there last year I believe.

Stranger things have happened I guess.

If R. Johnson is out this week and he steps in and plays well, he could take the Herbert role while R. Johnson remains in his role.

Got him in waivers last night. I also have K. Herbert.

Only value I see is if Johnson is out this week along with Herbert and he performs well the Bears might keep feeding him. Herbert needs to be ruled out already so I can move him to IR to pick someone up.

Fresh legs on an angry bull has been his recipe for success in years past. He seems set up to make another run next 5 weeks:

Min
LV
@LAC
@NO
Car

Only matchup I don't like is NO. Rest of them look primed.

I put Foreman in the Moss grouping. Solid rbs that do fairly well when given the chance, but teams move in different directions limiting success for both. I really like Foreman as a hard nosed runner. If he gets 20 carries this week dudes gonna put up 100 yards.

The Vikings have a terrible defense and will likely run things similarly to what they did vs the Eagles. Trying to take away the RPO and limit Fields running ability while dropping a lot in coverage to stop big passing plays.

This leaves whoever the RB is very favorable boxes.

The Bears offensive line not as good as the Eagles but they should still have success with double team blocks by default if the Vikings do play them this way.

Might only be for 1 week but he's shown on many occasions the ability to carry a run game.

If Herbert & Roschon out, wouldn't be surprised if he were a RB1

The Vikings are actually decent vs the run this year. Even if Johnson is out I wouldn't be surprised to see Evans mix in.

I predict Fields will lead the team in rushing yards this week.

picked him up for free, drafted Roschon

doubt I'll use him but no reason to leave league mates trying to cover byes have any hope

following week they have Raiders at home - might roll one of them out then

Foreman offers nothing in PPR but I've always loved his running style

Great story - 5 years removed from tearing his achilles, he's often been productive when he gets opportuniy the last two seasons

Well I am surprised.

Statistically the Vikings are above average in rushing yards per game given up.

They are even top 5 in terms of rushing yards per attempt given up at 3.5

The 259 rushing yards they gave up to the Eagles week 2 is 50% of the 512 rushing yards they have given up over 5 games.

I think this is a product of teams passing to keep ahead of the Vikings passing offense, and the Vikings facing some poor RBs in their other 4 games to an extent as well rather than the Vikings being good at run defense.

That said I do recall Bowles having very good run defenses with Tampa statistically as well, although they were poor pass defenses. Maybe there is something to the scheme that causes this. Heavy blitzing for one. Lets see if this holds up over 8 games, but yes Im surprised they have done this well aside from the Eagles game.

If both Herbert and Johnson are out, I’m very likely flexing him over R White (tough matchup). Foreman almost always produces when given the chance. Only exception is when he’s game flowed out, but with Bears O looking good last 2 weeks, and Vikings losing JJ, and Bears at home, don’t see that happening. He’ll go 22/133/1

That said I do recall Bowles having very good run defenses with Tampa statistically as well, although they were poor pass defenses. Maybe there is something to the scheme that causes this. Heavy blitzing for one. Lets see if this holds up over 8 games, but yes Im surprised they have done this well aside from the Eagles game.
Todd Bowles is the HC of the Buccaneers.
Brian Flores is the DC for the Vikings.

Todd Bowles is the HC of the Buccaneers.
Brian Flores is the DC for the Vikings.
Holy crap I embarrass myself every time I open my mouth.

Wrong Florida team. Nevermind. :bag:

73 yards v TB - trash at RB
259 yards @ Phi - WHOA
30 yards v LAC - no Ekeler (trash at RB)
83 yards @ Car - trash at RB
67 yards v KC - Pacheco hangry and fast, but otherwise trash at RB

Color unimpressed by the Vikings run D.

Users who are viewing this thread