What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB D'Onta Foreman, CLE (4 Viewers)

Everybody keeps saying smash start if Herbert is out, but is anybody nervous to start him? Carolina has been pretty decent against the run since their bye week, nothing like the first 4 weeks. They held Jonathan Taylor at bay last week.
Not at all. Hes a must start

Just beware of the short week and he had 20 carries last week while Johnson and Evans barely touched the rock. That said I am staring him in a lot of leagues and praying Chicago doesn't pull the 4 RB committee BS they pulled 2 weeks ago.

Mixon has been decent - and seeing as the Bengals top 2 WRs are banged up (and maybe not playing) I wouldn't sit him. Pollard and Bijan have been so-so, but have great matchups on paper and I'd hate for them to finally have a blowup game on my bench.

I could play all four of those RBs and sit Murray as my QB2 (Superflex w/Herbert as QB1). So many decisions.

This guy deserves to get some random fantasy MVP votes over the last 3 years filling in and producing solid RB2 #s for Henry, CMC, and Herbert.

I also like how you can easily figure out when he will produce big #s by his matchups. Its not random.

I respect FarFromHomes ability to change his mind when new information comes to light.

We would all be better off by doing that. Too many people get locked in on opinions that were formed at the beginning of the season or before the season began.

We are at about the halfway point of the season now. Time to accept new realities.

New information should result in new opinions

Hats off to D’Onta, probably the most success RB post-Achilles, right? Third year in a row (with 3 different franchises) he’s been productive for the stretch run.

Much respect.

This guy deserves to get some random fantasy MVP votes over the last 3 years filling in and producing solid RB2 #s for Henry, CMC, and Herbert.

I also like how you can easily figure out when he will produce big #s by his matchups. Its not random.

thinking alike this morning

really remarkable career all things considered

Started him in every league I had him in last night :shades:

Seems to be a situational player though, he's thrown up a couple of duds, in addition to that monster game a few weeks ago.

For sure.

Seems to be a situational player though, he's thrown up a couple of duds, in addition to that monster game a few weeks ago.

He went for 31.20, 4 something, 8.30, and now 16 in half PPR.

That's an average of fifteen points per game. I'll take it. Quite the variance there, but really, that's two starts, a meh, and a dud.

Hats off to D’Onta, probably the most success RB post-Achilles, right?

Makes you think what might have been but not for that. He was a 4.5 guy out of college at that size. Yeah, his speed score was 95th percentile. That's quite an athlete before the Achilles, and he's still quite the athlete.

I respect FarFromHomes ability to change his mind when new information comes to light.

We would all be better off by doing that. Too many people get locked in on opinions that were formed at the beginning of the season or before the season began.

We are at about the halfway point of the season now. Time to accept new realities.

New information should result in new opinions

Hats off to D’Onta, probably the most success RB post-Achilles, right? Third year in a row (with 3 different franchises) he’s been productive for the stretch run.

Much respect.
That comes to mind yes.

He does seem to be an example of RB recovering from that injury and being effective.

Could he have been more effective if the injury never happened?

We will never know. It's possible it has taken 10% or something away from his overall upside. We could only speculate on that and no good data to use to try to compare pre injury to post injury with.

Akers is our other recent example which has not gone as well. It took almost an additional year after he was cleared to play before he had some good games again.

I am not sure how long Foreman had after the injury before he started putting up numbers again. Would need to look that up. Maybe it was a similar 2 year time frame.

Anyhow it's good to see that this injury has not ended Foremans career, although it certainly put a dent in it.

I hope the injury continues to be rare and we don't have many more examples of it to evaluate in the future.

There are at least some things we can learn about it from Foremans career so far.

Looking at it and Foreman didn't do much for 2 years following the injury which occurred November 2017.

He did play some in 2020 for the Titans but no more than 7 attempts in any of those games to get a good read on.

I don't see him listed with any team in 2019. So it was 2 years post injury he didn't really do anything. 3rd year not much but some flashes. 4th year he had some 100 yard games, then now 5th and 6th years also doing that.

I have a gut feeling Akers came back too soon. His lack of effectiveness when he did points to that. Then later in the 2nd season after the injury he had some good games again.

Both of these players were very young at the time of their injuries. That seems to help with recovery. Foreman was 21 when he had his injury. I have seen some examples of college RB having this injury who went on to do things in the NFL. I forget who specifically right now.

The doomsday stories about this injury before this were NFL players who had success before the injury but never returned to previous form after it. But many of those players were older by then when it occurred.

Hats off to D’Onta, probably the most success RB post-Achilles, right?

Makes you think what might have been but not for that. He was a 4.5 guy out of college at that size. Yeah, his speed score was 95th percentile. That's quite an athlete before the Achilles, and he's still quite the athlete.
I remember when he was on the verge of taking over the Texans RB starting gig from Lamar Miller, who was given a boatload of FA money in the previous offseason. Foreman might have been a solid fantasy asset for several years had the injury not happened then.

Looking at it and Foreman didn't do much for 2 years following the injury which occurred November 2017.

He did play some in 2020 for the Titans but no more than 7 attempts in any of those games to get a good read on.

I don't see him listed with any team in 2019. So it was 2 years post injury he didn't really do anything. 3rd year not much but some flashes. 4th year he had some 100 yard games, then now 5th and 6th years also doing that.

I have a gut feeling Akers came back too soon. His lack of effectiveness when he did points to that. Then later in the 2nd season after the injury he had some good games again.

Both of these players were very young at the time of their injuries. That seems to help with recovery. Foreman was 21 when he had his injury. I have seen some examples of college RB having this injury who went on to do things in the NFL. I forget who specifically right now.

The doomsday stories about this injury before this were NFL players who had success before the injury but never returned to previous form after it. But many of those players were older by then when it occurred.
Texans waived him early in the pre-season of 2019, Bill O'Brien said Foreman had poor work habits and showed up out of shape and a bunch of other stuff at the time. Given BOB imploded two years later after that who knows for sure. He landed with Indy in the preseason shortly after getting cut but got injured again in a preseason game IIRC and sat out the rest of the year. After that he bounced around on multiple teams on and off practice squads.

I remember that. You wonder how many guys' careers have been waylaid by idiot coaches in the NFL who claim to be impartial and just in their dealings but aren't. Especially a guy like BOB. What a tool that guy is.

Texans waived him early in the pre-season of 2019, Bill O'Brien said Foreman had poor work habits and showed up out of shape and a bunch of other stuff at the time. Given BOB imploded two years later after that who knows for sure. He landed with Indy in the preseason shortly after getting cut but got injured again in a preseason game IIRC and sat out the rest of the year. After that he bounced around on multiple teams on and off practice squads.
I remember that. You wonder how many guys' careers have been waylaid by idiot coaches in the NFL who claim to be impartial and just in their dealings but aren't. Especially a guy like BOB. What a tool that guy is.

The best revenge is living well

Can you imagine this cat in Buffalo next year?

Perfect fit as the bruiser & he'll be pretty cheap.
If Foreman continues doing well maybe he won't be that cheap relative to other RB. Although yes all RB are cheap compared to other positions.

I would think Foreman should have multiple teams interested. Not sure how he feels about the Bears, but it's certainly possible they work something out with him long term as well.

Still lots of season left to see how this plays out.

BTW, Foreman is who they should've signed instead of Harris (& dirt cheap).

He's a better all-around RB than both Harris & Cook.
Cook - 5.2 YPC
Foreman - 4.3 YPC
To Football Jones point, as much as I like Foreman he hasn't shown much as a receiving threat, which I think is part of being an all around RB, at least by my definition of that.

To your point the ypc doesn't mean much in small sample sizes, but generally I would prefer Cook if I had to choose. They are pretty polar opposites as far as their skill sets who would compliment each other very well in a tandem.

Cook - 5.2 YPC
Foreman - 4.3 YPC
YPC is a notoriously questionable metric when used to compare players even in the best of circumstances, especially in different situations & more importantly, on different teams.

Last edited:
Can you imagine this cat in Buffalo next year?

Perfect fit as the bruiser & he'll be pretty cheap.
If Foreman continues doing well maybe he won't be that cheap relative to other RB. Although yes all RB are cheap compared to other positions.

I would think Foreman should have multiple teams interested. Not sure how he feels about the Bears, but it's certainly possible they work something out with him long term as well.

Still lots of season left to see how this plays out.
I thought Foreman was going to get a much better contract this past offseason. I bet he still comes pretty cheap given his age & lack of sustained production.

That said, Foreman is a great story & I hope he gets a nice deal.

He provided a couple great starts for me but i’ll likely be dropping him with Herbert back next week. Sharing carries and look at the upcoming schedule.

Cook - 5.2 YPC
Foreman - 4.3 YPC
To Football Jones point, as much as I like Foreman he hasn't shown much as a receiving threat, which I think is part of being an all around RB, at least by my definition of that.

To your point the ypc doesn't mean much in small sample sizes, but generally I would prefer Cook if I had to choose. They are pretty polar opposites as far as their skill sets who would compliment each other very well in a tandem.
Good point. I see that as being a potent "thunder and lightning" combo like the old Dayne/Barber tandem with the Giants. AND it would take pressure off Allen, who pushes too hard and turns the ball over. AND it would eat up more clock, which helps the defense. AND, as others have said, RBs are pretty cheap compared to other skill positions.

If I'm Foreman, I'd happily consider a playoff contender like Buffalo, where he'd have a chance to make a difference.

Courtney Cronin
I talked to D'Onta Foreman this afternoon about the ankle injury he played thru vs. Carolina. "It's definitely progressing in the right way," Foreman said after his ankle swelled up over the weekend, and the running back, who was limited again Thursday, says he's going to take it "all the way up to Sunday" but sounded optimistic RE: his outlook vs. Detroit.

A question I've gotten a lot is how the Bears will split carries when Khalil Herbert comes back. Foreman has proven his value to the Bears in Herbert (and Roschon Johnson's absence) and hopes he gets a chance to split the backfield with Herbert considering the two barely got to do so Weeks 1-6.

Foreman: "Before Khalil got hurt, he was out there running the ball really well. And I think that also motivated me and helped me when I got my opportunity to go in there and be just as good if not better. Just trying to match the intensity so you wouldn’t feel a difference from who was back there. That was kind of my mindset. Whenever we do actually get a chance to play together - we never really got a chance to really play together. I think that’ll be exciting for sure."

Bears RB D’Onta Foreman (ankle/shin) is doubtful for Week 12 against the Vikings.

Foreman got in consecutive limited sessions on Friday and Saturday but appears to have not done enough to be active against the Vikings on Monday Night Football, ultimately listed as doubtful. After forming a three-way timeshare in Week 11, Foreman’s absence should allow Khalil Herbert to see the primary early-down role while rookie Roschon Johnson operates in a change of pace role, also seeing primary usage on clear passing downs.

Users who are viewing this thread