What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB D'Onta Foreman, CLE (1 Viewer)

Enough to keep Roschon at bay?

I'd say for one game yes.

R. Johnson still hasn't practiced. Can't imagine even if he's cleared he'd be full go.

Also, he's been stuck in protocol two plus weeks. That's abnormal. I'd think CHI would want to errr on the side of caution at least initially.

Worst case for R. Johnson: He's having to deal with post concussion syndrome. If that's the case, he could hit IR.
Just announced he only has one more hurdle to clear. Sounds like a go this week
Yup. He's in the last stage. Should clear.

R. Johnson still hasn't practiced. Can't imagine even if he's cleared he'd be full go.

Also, he's been stuck in protocol two plus weeks. That's abnormal. I'd think CHI would want to errr on the side of caution at least initially.

Worst case for R. Johnson: He's having to deal with post concussion syndrome. If that's the case, he could hit IR.
Careful joober or whatever his name is, is going to tell you that you are spreading misinformation

And whats that last stage again?

Careful joober or whatever his name is, is going to tell you that you are spreading misinformation
Im not accusing HIM of spreading misinformation. Im accusing YOU the boy who cried wolf. BIG difference. But yes, I see the news now.

Im not accusing HIM of spreading misinformation. Im accusing YOU the boy who cried wolf. BIG difference. But yes, I see the news now.
That's an odd way to say you were wrong again. Good talk brother

I'm not exactly sure. I'm just reading what is out there in the twittersphere.

Bears HC Matt Eberflus said Roschon Johnson has one more hurdle to clear concussion protocol, but that he “looks real good” to practice this week.
Johnson would have presumably been stepping into the Bears’ RB1 role a week ago. However, a strong outing by D’Onta Foreman (16-89-2) in Week 7 could complicate the Bears’ backfield situation once Johnson returns. If he’s cleared to practice, we’d expect to see Johnson on the field in Week 8 against the Chargers, but he’ll be hard to trust as anything more than an RB3 play until we see how the backfield touches are divvied up.

Bears HC Matt Eberflus said Roschon Johnson has one more hurdle to clear concussion protocol, but that he “looks real good” to practice this week.
Johnson would have presumably been stepping into the Bears’ RB1 role a week ago. However, a strong outing by D’Onta Foreman (16-89-2) in Week 7 could complicate the Bears’ backfield situation once Johnson returns. If he’s cleared to practice, we’d expect to see Johnson on the field in Week 8 against the Chargers, but he’ll be hard to trust as anything more than an RB3 play until we see how the backfield touches are divvied up.
Practice is the last stage. If he practices this week without a headache he will be cleared.

Practice is the last stage. If he practices this week without a headache he will be cleared.
Sounds like he's on track now.

Bummer.

Need one more start out of Foreman.

Was thinking of making a play for R. Johnson, but now it will be too late.

Bummer.

I think this will be a RBBC and with game script worse next week Id be hesitant to start Foreman.

Bummer.

I think this will be a RBBC and with game script worse next week Id be hesitant to start Foreman.

I don’t know man, chargers are a bit of a mess and I wouldn’t be surprised if it were a game or if Chicago just outright won.

Bummer.

I don’t know man, chargers are a bit of a mess and I wouldn’t be surprised if it were a game or if Chicago just outright won.
Have a feeling this is a get right game for LAC. Not as optimistic.

It's not like they have to contend with Mahommes and Kelce who tore them apart for 150 yards in the first half.

Bummer.

Their pass defense is a mess. Their run defense and offense has been good. Chargers should win this game easily.

Bummer.

Their pass defense is a mess. Their run defense and offense has been good. Chargers should win this game easily.
I wouldn't say the Chargers defense vs RB is good.

It's on the lower end of a large pack of average defenses vs the run. They are 13th most fantasy points given up to RB so far.

There are only 2 teams that are very bad by this measure which are the Broncos and Panthers.

I would not say Alexander Mattison is a good RB but his best game this season was against the Chargers. He played against the Panthers too and did well, but not as well as he did vs the Chargers.

The Chargers offense is average. I agree that they should be able to beat the Bears but it's not a bad match up for Foreman.

R. Johnson still hasn't gotten out of concussion protocol but has been cleared to practice. Must have advanced a step in the process.

Guys, nobody cares who is right about semantics and proceduralisms here. This is turning into a "I'm right and you're not" thread. Those are especially arduous and painful to read. We will know if Johnson's playing by Sunday.

I roster both of these guys in dynasty and sure would like to be able to use one. One thing is that Johnson is much more friendly to the Bears passing game and Foreman had a bad drop last week. If game script dictates, and the Chargers jump out to a lead, then Roschon should get bunch of check down opportunities from Bagent. Bagent was constantly looking at the running backs to check it down last week.

But Foreman ran hard and effectively last week, so who knows? He looked like their best back this year, and that includes Herbert in the mix (watching from when he was healthy). Still can't figure out why he's been benched.

Somehow I don't see a coaching staff handing the keys to a rookie over a proven vet who has juice left in the tank and can protect their young QB in pass pro.

Somehow I don't see a coaching staff handing the keys to a rookie over a proven vet who has juice left in the tank and can protect their young QB in pass pro.

Roschon ascended in camp because of his pass protection. He's unusual in that regard. He's not as good of a runner as Herbert, though, so he wasn't getting the job. But he leapfrogged over Foreman in part because of pass protection.

20+ carries, 80 yards against a tough run D. And didn't get game scripted out really.

And R. Johnson hardly touched the ball. Curious on the snap count/%.

Is it possible this guy just isn't going away?

Juicy matchup this week too against the CAR run D.

Thursday game though.

If he's not activated Foreman becomes a must start vs his old team IMO

I'm aware of that.

I agree that he's a good start if that's the case.

I'm personally hoping for one more week of usage out of D'Onta and I plan to hold this offseason. He's done nothing but run it down the throat of teams that aren't even really respecting the pass, and that's both this year and last.

So pissed at myself for cutting him for a waiver claim at noon yesterday. Then I see him just getting all the carries. No wonder they fired their RB coach. I still don't trust this offense nor the team, nor the RB rotation, especially with Fields back. Perhaps one more game.

I am my own worst enemy when it comes to fantasy football.

Athletic predictions for CHI ROS.

#9.

9. D’Onta Foreman will finish 2023 as the Bears’ rushing leader​

The Bears designated Khalil Herbert (ankle) to return from injured reserve this week. He’s the starter when healthy. He was averaging 5.3 yards per carry to Foreman’s 4.4.

But the Bears’ run game works with any running back, from David Montgomery last season to Darrynton Evans this year.

Foreman might not be the home run threat that Herbert was before his injury, but his violent, downhill style fits the Bears’ identity. Montgomery got more carries last season because of that, though Herbert averaged more yards per attempt.

The offense had order giving it to him many times.
They'll mess this up or it'll be a turning point for the team offensive development but...they'll mess this up

Guess we will see if Herbert is active tonight but I think I may play this guy over Mattison and Brian Robinson. Best matchup of the three I reckon.

Guess we will see if Herbert is active tonight but I think I may play this guy over Mattison and Brian Robinson. Best matchup of the three I reckon.
Don't overthink the matchups - never know how they turn out. I'd play the guy that's going to get the ball the most - to me, if Herbert plays, it's probably Mattison.

NFL Network’s Tom Pelissero reports Khalil Herbert (ankle) is not expected to play in Week 10 against the Panthers.

Herbert was a full participant in practice all week, but it sounds like the Bears are opting to rest him at least one more week before facing the Lions in Week 11. Herbert’s absence means another big workload for D’Onta Foreman should be incoming after rushing 20 times for 83 yards last week. Foreman will have top-24 fantasy upside and will be on the touchdown radar in a revenge game against his former team.

Don't overthink the matchups - never know how they turn out. I'd play the guy that's going to get the ball the most - to me, if Herbert plays, it's probably Mattison.
Yeah that’s my thinking too. I’ll make that decision once I know Herbert’s status. But realistically, unless Mattison cashes in a pass for a TD, his prospects are grim especially against the saints.

Yeah that’s my thinking too. I’ll make that decision once I know Herbert’s status. But realistically, unless Mattison cashes in a pass for a TD, his prospects are grim especially against the saints.

Herbert NOT expected to play

Wheels up for foreman if this sticks. Great matchup (and revenge game narrative)

Wheels up for foreman if this sticks. Great matchup (and revenge game narrative)
Another week for Foreman to cement himself in there.

I don't think he's going away if he rumbles a bit again tonight.

Don't know if he is actually cementing himself anywhere. 15 plus carries 3 times with a high of 89 yards rushing. He is just 2 receptions away from his career high, but it's 9 so numbers say he offers absolutely nothing in the passing game. Dudes been solid at a time where they needed a RB. A healthy Herbert should lead the team in snaps moving forward. We know what Foreman is. You'd think they would like to see what Roschon is. Foreman could be the odd man out quickly, but definitely startable this week. 100 yards and td seems likely then back to bench. Imo

Agreed. Having Darrisaw back in the lineup would help but not sure if he will be back or not yet.

Mattison a sketchy play even if Darrisaw does play.

Don't know if he is actually cementing himself anywhere. 15 plus carries 3 times with a high of 89 yards rushing. He is just 2 receptions away from his career high, but it's 9 so numbers say he offers absolutely nothing in the passing game. Dudes been solid at a time where they needed a RB. A healthy Herbert should lead the team in snaps moving forward. We know what Foreman is. You'd think they would like to see what Roschon is. Foreman could be the odd man out quickly, but definitely startable this week. 100 yards and td seems likely then back to bench. Imo
If Foreman plays well again why would they bench him?

Timeshare if the other backs are healthy sure. But if he keeps getting it done I don't see why they would stop using him.

I guess we'll see.

Don't see why everyone thinks Herbert jumps right into the lead dog role. Prior to his injury, there was constant consternation about R. Johnson eating into his role and eventually overtaking him. Now, in steps Foreman who has been more than solid while R. Johnson has done zippo.

I personally think Foreman brings an element to the offense and the rushing game this team needs.

I'm not saying he takes over completely, but that come next week vs DET, it's more like 50/50 where D. Montgomery is to Foreman as Gibbs is to Herbert.

This is exactly how I see it as well. Foreman is a smash start tonight.

This backfield will be Herbert's though within a couple weeks. Before he went down Herbert looked great and was top 10 in virtually all the rushing metrics. Herbert > Foreman and that's clear. Also, while there was much "consternation" around Roschon taking over, the snap share and on field play didn't show that - Herbert dominated this backfield and looked great doing it. So I think that was more the fantasy community than the Bears coaching staff.

I love Foreman and I think he will spell Herbert down the stretch, but the back to own ROS is Herbert. IMO.

In the end we are all guessing. I think what we know as facts is that when all were healthy Foreman was inactive for 4 games. That's fact. Herbert hasn't been great but is signed for dirt cheap for next year. Foreman is a free agent. Roschon ain't going anywhere, but what do we have with him? Who knows. NFL rbs is a dirty business. It's become a rinse and repeat type transaction. Feels like Foreman is viewed as a last man standing type player. Not fair but life. Week 11 looks like all with be available again. In a perfect world, you roll Roschon and Herbert out next year for pennies and Foreman walks. All my opinion and I reserve the right to change that opinion and any moment.

In the end we are all guessing. I think what we know as facts is that when all were healthy Foreman was inactive for 4 games. That's fact. Herbert hasn't been great but is signed for dirt cheap for next year. Foreman is a free agent. Roschon ain't going anywhere, but what do we have with him? Who knows. NFL rbs is a dirty business. It's become a rinse and repeat type transaction. Feels like Foreman is viewed as a last man standing type player. Not fair but life. Week 11 looks like all with be available again. In a perfect world, you roll Roschon and Herbert out next year for pennies and Foreman walks. All my opinion and I reserve the right to change that opinion and any moment.
I love that right lol

I agree with just about everything you said - for all we know, Freeman may be inactive agaom when Herbert is back given that Roschon plays special teams - I think it's more likely though that Roschon is inactive and they find someone else to take on his special teams role.

I do think you're understating Herbert's performance though. He's been one of the most efficient runners in the league and have to think team brass realizes this. He is indeed signed for next year, and I imagine will be the lead dog while they let Freeman walk.

Last edited:
I respect FarFromHomes ability to change his mind when new information comes to light.

We would all be better off by doing that. Too many people get locked in on opinions that were formed at the beginning of the season or before the season began.

We are at about the halfway point of the season now. Time to accept new realities.

Everybody keeps saying smash start if Herbert is out, but is anybody nervous to start him? Carolina has been pretty decent against the run since their bye week, nothing like the first 4 weeks. They held Jonathan Taylor at bay last week.

Everybody keeps saying smash start if Herbert is out, but is anybody nervous to start him? Carolina has been pretty decent against the run since their bye week, nothing like the first 4 weeks. They held Jonathan Taylor at bay last week.
I don't have a choice.

It would be shocking if CAR somehow got out to a big lead to screw up the gamescript. Anything can happen I suppose. If something screwy like that doesn't happen it will be difficult to not get 20+ carries.

Foreman had 20 carries last week against a pretty tough NO rush D and I think they were playing from behind most of the game.

Users who are viewing this thread