What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ohio St. vs Michigan, 2024 Rookie impact (1 Viewer)

JohnnyU

Footballguy
Lots of fantasy interest in this game..Marvin Harrison jr., Treyveon Henderson, Emeka Egbuka, Donovan Edwards, Blake Corum, JJ McCarthy.

My stepson is an Ohio St. alum. He says they should build a fence around the state of Michigan and then fill it with water and only refers to them as that team up north.

Michigan has won the last two. Before that Harbaugh hadn’t beat OSU as a coach.

Last edited:
Here’s hoping for a big day from the skill players and no injuries. Yesterday my stepson had his Dolphins flag flying. Today it’s his Ohio St. flag. We’re in Newark, Ohio. I was born here but wasn’t raised here. I married into an OSU family in 1997 and Kyle is an alumni. Funny how things come full circle.

Lots of fantasy interest in this game..Marvin Harrison jr., Treyveon Henderson, Emeka Egbuka, Donovan Edwards, Blake Corum, JJ McCarthy.

My stepson is an Ohio St. alum. He says they should build a fence around the state of Michigan and then fill it with water and only refers to them as that team up north.

I can tell he's an OSU alum. I've never seen a fence that would hold water. Fences aren't exactly airtight. :)

But for fantasy, I am not a huge believer if any of these guys not named Harrison. I love Corum but he's Mike Hart. Too small and slow for the NFL. I had Edwards pegged as a pro due to his slick pass catching game but he's been disappointing this year- not sure what his deal is.

I can tell he's an OSU alum. I've never seen a fence that would hold water. Fences aren't exactly airtight. :)

But for fantasy, I am not a huge believer if any of these guys not named Harrison. I love Corum but he's Mike Hart. Too small and slow for the NFL. I had Edwards pegged as a pro due to his slick pass catching game but he's been disappointing this year- not sure what his deal is.
Concrete

The water would just leak out of the fence. Classic Ohio State alum logic right there son.

The water would just leak out of the fence. Classic Ohio State alum logic right there son.
Clog it up with Michigan blood.

McCord probably not making the Elite player list you were talking about here..............Ohio State should won the title last year with Stroud they had Georgia beat until the coaching staff did massive stupid play calling after Stroud's long run to get to the Georgia 35 setting up a long FG instead of setting up a short FG.

McCord probably not making the Elite player list you were talking about here..............Ohio State should won the title last year with Stroud they had Georgia beat until the coaching staff did massive stupid play calling after Stroud's long run to get to the Georgia 35 setting up a long FG instead of setting up a short FG.
Who said McCord was elite? Hell, he may not be their QB in 2024 if they don’t win the National Championship, because I don’t think he’s very good.

Wow, I was 50/50 on the last drive, great game ! I think if these teams played 10 times it would be 5-5 or 6-4 Michigan.

Harrison was the man out there yesterday. Probably his last college game.

Probably? No doubt he will be a top 5 pick. Other WR should go first rd as well. RB will go early.

I was at the game and it does seem OSU as usual had the better talent, but Michigan plays a tighter, tougher brand of football that gives OSU problems. Even though Harrison had a good day he said they play him tougher than any team he has faced and their defense schemes are confusing.

Ryan Day did not help his team yesterday. We were sitting 20 rows behind the OSU bench, Day was so wound up and antsy the whole game, while Moore was calm and confident. I thought at one point Day was going to start crying.

Probably? No doubt he will be a top 5 pick. Other WR should go first rd as well. RB will go early.

I was at the game and it does seem OSU as usual had the better talent, but Michigan plays a tighter, tougher brand of football that gives OSU problems. Even though Harrison had a good day he said they play him tougher than any team he has faced and their defense schemes are confusing.

Ryan Day did not help his team yesterday. We were sitting 20 rows behind the OSU bench, Day was so wound up and antsy the whole game, while Moore was calm and confident. I thought at one point Day was going to start crying.
Not a fan of Ryan Day gameday coaching. I think Harrison will be the 1st non-qb chosen.

Not a fan of Ryan Day gameday coaching. I think Harrison will be the 1st non-qb chosen.
Mentioned this in the "Post here when coaches do something you disagree with" thread, but I only watch OSU once a year during The Game, and am consistently happy with Day's coaching, by which I mean as a Michigan fan I love how conservative he plays it. Any 4th and short, you just know he's going to kick. There are a bunch of stats you could cite as making the difference in the game today (Michigan winning the turnover battle 2-0 was certainly key), but Michigan going 3/3 on 4th down while OSU went 0/0 definitely played a role.

It's funny, because you'd think the interim HC would be the one playing it safe.

As for NFL prospects, which was after all the point of the thread, Harrison is a stud who terrified me every time he got targeted. Agree he'll be the first non-QB taken. I doubt many of the UM skill position players will be fantasy relevant. Agree that Corum seems too small (surprised to hear he's 214). Does Edwards have another year of eligibility? I'd love to see what he can do with the backfield to himself.

Bummer about Zach Zinter's injury. Hope it's nothing that lingers into next year.

Tankathon projected landing spots:

Marvin H Jr - Arizona
J. J. McCarthy - Minnesota
Emeka Egbuka - Pittsburgh
TreVeyon Henderson - Buffalo
Blake Corum - Rams
Roman Wilson - Green Bay

Harrison and Eukanuba are both polished WRs. Henderson is a talented RB. Corum is a mystery to me, great college RB but don`t know how his game will ltranslate to the NFL. Wilson is fast , wiry, and has great hands. Don`t see him going before rd 3 though.

Wilson is fast , wiry, and has great hands. Don`t see him going before rd 3 though.
Wilson is the WR I want in Nashville. But not with an early 2, they’d have to trade down to the third. I don’t see a #1, but he’d be a good deep threat as the 2.

Marvin H Jr - Arizona
Blake Corum - Rams
Roman Wilson - Green Bay

Harrison and Eukanuba are both polished WRs. Henderson is a talented RB. Corum is a mystery to me, great college RB but don`t know how his game will ltranslate to the NFL. Wilson is fast , wiry, and has great hands. Don`t see him going before rd 3 though.
Yes, they have Wilson going in the 3rd.

Marvin H Jr - Arizona
Blake Corum - Rams
Roman Wilson - Green Bay

Eukanuba?

Marvin H Jr - Arizona
Blake Corum - Rams
Roman Wilson - Green Bay

Eukanuba?
Eurekabubba!

Marvin H Jr - Arizona
Blake Corum - Rams
Roman Wilson - Green Bay

I think that Wilson is better than Nico Collins as the same stage. Of course, that doesn't mean he'll grow as a player as Collins has (or have Stroud throwing the ball to him).

Users who are viewing this thread