What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Zach Wilson, DEN (1 Viewer)

if you watched him in preseason you know what Romo is talking about. this kid has 'it'.  he's going to be a top QB very quickly.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've hopped on the wagon the past week and a half or so.  He's looked really good.  The Jets are still bad, but he could throw a lot and has decent receivers.  He's a good late backup and he's on my subscriber contest team!

Drafted him 1.12 in my rookie draft

I loved what I saw. Kid is the real deal. Can they protect him.....that is the real question. But he has all the tools and man that poise and IQ was on full display. 

Even during the NFL Draft process, while the Jets zeroed in on him, it wasn't like there was a lot of 'stupid Jets' chatter because of it.  Jets have been lousy for so long and their QB history might only rival the Bears in terms of futility.  I kind of wonder if that's why most of the FF world was sleeping on Wilson, not necessarily because of Wilson but because of where he wound up.  Coupled with playing at BYU where barely anyone saw him play.

And I hate to say one pre-season game had that much of an impact on me...but it did.  We'll see how he fares once the real games begin, but I'm pretty high on him long term.

Even during the NFL Draft process, while the Jets zeroed in on him, it wasn't like there was a lot of 'stupid Jets' chatter because of it.  Jets have been lousy for so long and their QB history might only rival the Bears in terms of futility.  I kind of wonder if that's why most of the FF world was sleeping on Wilson, not necessarily because of Wilson but because of where he wound up.  Coupled with playing at BYU where barely anyone saw him play.

And I hate to say one pre-season game had that much of an impact on me...but it did.  We'll see how he fares once the real games begin, but I'm pretty high on him long term.
The stank the Jets have had on them through Bowles and Gase absolutely is a factor.....as a beaten down Jets fan Im not hyping him up but I have really liked what Ive seen not just from Wilson but from the entire coaching staff....it may take a bit but I believe this will be a monumental change on offense and if you like any of the Jets O including Wilson now is the time to get them on the cheap before they show too much....

I believe he will change the culture, along with the new regime. It usually takes a couple years to turnover a roster and assemble their guys. Give it some time.

Zach Wilson completed 20-of-37 passes for 258 yards, two touchdowns and an interception in the Jets' 19-14, Week 1 loss to the Panthers. 

Wilson took six sacks and was under pressure for most of the game. He escaped the pass rush well on several dropbacks, but struggled to connect with his receivers for most of the game. The major exception was Corey Davis, whom Wilson connected with for both of his touchdowns. Moving forward, the Jets' protection issues may be exacerbated by LT Mekhi Becton suffering what is believed to be a sprained MCL. Wilson will be a low-end QB in Week 2 against the Patriots.

Zach Wilson completed 15 of 21 passes for 149 yards, a touchdown, and an interception when not facing pressure in Week 1 against Carolina. 

No QB was pressured more often than Wilson in Week 1. The Jets offensive line was overwhelmed time and again against a middling Panthers front seven. But when Wilson was kept clean in the pocket, he (mostly) picked apart the Carolina secondary -- enough to turn around a dreadful first half performance in his debut. T Mekhi Becton possibly missing extended time with an MCL injury won't help matters for Wilson. He gets the Patriots in Week 2. 

RELATED: 

Mekhi Becton

Sep 13, 2021, 10:07 AM ET

I have no idea what Wilson was seeing, some of those INTs were weird as hell. Like no pressure, just threw it where maybe I thought he and the WR had a miscommunication it was so bad.

Ummmm look he is a rookie. He is on a very weak and rebuilding team. I think this kid is real deal. But it may take a season or two.

I mean come on.....Peyton Manning threw 28 his rookie year. It is going to happen.

Next week at Mile High vs a very good Bronco defense.  That could be another long day for Wilson. It gets easier in games 4 & 5 vs the Titans and Falcons. I'll reserve judgements until then. After 5 games, usually we know about a QB; there need to be a couple of impressive games. Wilson has had 1 impressive half thus far. 

The o-line or his weapons were not an issue yesterday at all. His only excuse is the (perhaps overly) aggressive play calling by LeFluer for a rookie facing Belicheck. Bottom line though. he made at least two terrible decisions and was off on most of his throws.

Zach Wilson completed 19-of-35 passes for 160 scoreless yards and two interceptions in the Jets' 26-0, Week 3 loss to the Broncos. 

Frankly, this game was difficult to stay engaged with if you were anything other than a Broncos fan or Jets penance server. Wilson was hammered for 41 lost yards across five sacks, seemingly every one of which came on third or fourth down. The Jets' Tevin Coleman-less backfield couldn't relieve any pressure on the ground, while Corey Davis and Elijah Moore failed to make any plays through the air. Part of the problem was Wilson's inaccuracy, but multiple throws ricocheted off pass catchers' hands, including his second, game-ending INT. Braxton Berrios was the culprit. INT No. 1 was all Wilson's fault, as he let a route get jumped against an enveloped Davis. The cavalry is not coming for Wilson, who is looking like a rookie sacrificial lamb behind a sorry offensive line. The Jets just need to pray he doesn't get his confidence shattered like Sam Darnold before him. The Titans are not a plus Week 4 matchup. 

Jets coach Robert Saleh said the team remains confident in QB Zach Wilson.

“He’s suffering every scar you can possibly imagine, but it’s a good thing,” Saleh said. “He’s one of those guys who gets to the film room, he’s got tremendous process. When it clicks, everyone’s going to see why he was the second overall pick.” Wilson has been at the center of the Jets’ struggles the past two weeks, throwing for 370 scoreless yards and six turnovers. The Jets’ offensive line has played a large role in that, allowing a league-high 15 sacks. Wilson’s 70% adjusted completed percentage points to some positive regression, and he’s likely to get slot WR Jamison Crowder (questionable, core) back on Sunday. After matchups with the Patriots and Broncos, Wilson has a chance to get on track in Week 4 against a Titans secondary that’s allowed six touchdowns through three weeks.

SOURCE: ESPN

Oct 2, 2021, 11:56 AM ET

Zach Wilson completed 21-of-34 yards for 297 yards, two touchdowns, and a pick in the Jets' Week 4 win over the Titans.

It was easily Wilson's best day as a pro. The interception wasn't even totally his fault, as Corey Davis fell on his route. Uncoincidentally, it was also the Jets' first win of the season. Wilson isn't on the fantasy radar, but his play is key in allowing New York's weapons to return value. He is a low-end streaming option at best in Week 5, even against a woeful Falcons secondary.

looked terrible today. Team around him isn't very good, but he had a LOT of off-target throws out there

Zach Wilson completed 19-of-32 passes for 192 yards with an interception in the Jets' Week 5 loss to the Falcons.

Wilson took a step back after throwing for 297 yards and two touchdowns in a Week 4 win over the Titans. It's the second time in three weeks he's thrown for under 200 yards and he's been held touchdownless in all but two games. Wilson's supporting cast and offensive line are among the worst in the league, and there's not much to be bullish on going into the second half of the season. Wilson and the Jets will take on the Patriots when they return from their Week 6 bye.

- NBC SportsEDGE

I think he could be fine, but I would much rather have Darnold and Sewell.  Becton, Vera-Tucker and Sewell could have been potentially a generational OL.  I guess we'll get another shot at that in 2022...

Jets ruled out Zach Wilson (knee) for the second half against the Patriots.

Wilson was tackled from behind and came up holding his knee. He limped off the field and then into the locker room. His long-term status is still unclear, but superflex managers should plan to have other options available in Week 8. Mike White has actually moved the Jets offense at times, but he's also proven to be even more mistake prone than Wilson. White will be at least a small major downgrade for the league's worst offense.

Oct 24, 2021, 2:52 PM ET

Jets coach Robert Saleh said he believes Zach Wilson (knee) will practice before the team's Week 10 game against the Bills.

Saleh added that the team didn't place Wilson on injured reserve because he wouldn't be able to practice before that game, even if he isn't ready to suit up for it. Wilson's initial timeline had him out 2-4 weeks following his exit from New York's Week 7 loss to the Patriots. Wilson has struggled mightily to start his career, tossing four touchdowns and nine interceptions in a little over five games. His return doesn't project to improve the Jets' offense much, if at all, but it will get Wilson extra reps in an otherwise fruitless rookie campaign. A faceoff with Buffalo would be a difficult spot for him to return in as the Bills' defense is currently allowing the fewest passing yards per game. 

SOURCE: Andy Vasquez on Twitter

Nov 1, 2021, 3:54 PM ET

Users who are viewing this thread