What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Zach Wilson, DEN (2 Viewers)

This is a great move for Wilson... I don't think he will be great, but I still think under the right circumstance he can be serviceable. I think going to Denver and getting a fresh start is good for him, plus he won't have the huge media after him when he doesn't do well.
I'm not sure Wilson ever gets a shot in Denver. Don't see his addition changing their draft plans at all, and its probably 50-50 he'll be ahead of Stidham who has a year in the system.
Can't see him changing their draft plans either but they are so light on draft capital moving up was going to be difficult. As such I think he might get a shot because I don't think Denver will get one of the top 4 QB's, how much of a role he can earn next year might have more to do with if they can get a Nix type later.

If it turns out to be him vs Stidham and a QB they draft outside the top 6, I think he'll have a good shot to see the field.

Good spot for him IMO, other then Minnesota thought it was ideal. Chicago's a better place to drop a rookie sure starter like Caleb, but I like Denver more for Wilson to give him some solid NFL coaching, which he badly needs.
I don't see Denver's draft capital being much different from the Vikings, unless the Vikings go 3 1st rounders, which would be bold. Like, I think #12 and 2025 1st, is a better offer than #11 and #23. There's such a high chance of Denver's 2025 1st being in the top half of the round. I do agree its a good place for Wilson to land though. Just think Denver is asking for trouble if they seriously go in with Wilson/Stidham. That'd be the worst QB room in the NFL.

ETA: On the bright side, they probably don't need to throw out those Russell Wilson jerseys. Just assign Zach #3.

This is a great move for Wilson... I don't think he will be great, but I still think under the right circumstance he can be serviceable. I think going to Denver and getting a fresh start is good for him, plus he won't have the huge media after him when he doesn't do well.
I'm not sure Wilson ever gets a shot in Denver. Don't see his addition changing their draft plans at all, and its probably 50-50 he'll be ahead of Stidham who has a year in the system.
Can't see him changing their draft plans either but they are so light on draft capital moving up was going to be difficult. As such I think he might get a shot because I don't think Denver will get one of the top 4 QB's, how much of a role he can earn next year might have more to do with if they can get a Nix type later.

If it turns out to be him vs Stidham and a QB they draft outside the top 6, I think he'll have a good shot to see the field.

Good spot for him IMO, other then Minnesota thought it was ideal. Chicago's a better place to drop a rookie sure starter like Caleb, but I like Denver more for Wilson to give him some solid NFL coaching, which he badly needs.
I don't see Denver's draft capital being much different from the Vikings, unless the Vikings go 3 1st rounders, which would be bold. Like, I think #12 and 2025 1st, is a better offer than #11 and #23. There's such a high chance of Denver's 2025 1st being in the top half of the round. I do agree its a good place for Wilson to land though. Just think Denver is asking for trouble if they seriously go in with Wilson/Stidham. That'd be the worst QB room in the NFL.
I have a dream that the Eagles trade their #22 + other picks for Pat Surtain, thus giving Denver more capital to move up and get their (Payton's) QB

I'd prefer a shot at a high pick in 2025 myself, but NFL teams seem hard headed about the way they discount future picks, to much IMO.

But more then that I think the Vikings are in better position to make that offer, not sure Denver can stomach it. You got a team with very low on legit weapons and now you'd not have a pick until round 3 this year and no first round pick next year. That's rough. Vikings can do this, already have weapons in place, still have their first next year.

So just not sure that's an offer Denver wanted to make. I would NOT if I was them, I would if I was the Vikings.

I'd prefer a shot at a high pick in 2025 myself, but NFL teams seem hard headed about the way they discount future picks, to much IMO.

But more then that I think the Vikings are in better position to make that offer, not sure Denver can stomach it. You got a team with very low on legit weapons and now you'd not have a pick until round 3 this year and no first round pick next year. That's rough. Vikings can do this, already have weapons in place, still have their first next year.

So just not sure that's an offer Denver wanted to make. I would NOT if I was them, I would if I was the Vikings.
I can see that. The Vikings are a FAR better team than Denver beyond QB. On the other hand, Payton has infinite job security, whereas KOC isn't on the hot seat per se, but perhaps Kwesi is.

ETA: Payton trying to get another season of blaming all his problems on a QB named Wilson who underperformed with Nate Hackett?

Jets trading Zach Wilson and a 7th (pick 256) to the Broncos for a sixth (pick 203).

The Jets and Broncos are splitting the $5.5 million Wilson is due this season with each team paying $2.75 million, ESPN's Adam Schefter reports.

I agree.

But the Broncos have shown us over the last few years that they absolutely love terrible ideas.

Users who are viewing this thread