What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*Official* - Jeremy Langford (1 Viewer)

Anyone else receiving lowball dynasty offers for Langford?

I'm getting low WR4 offers or players with a late 3rd/4th round rookie pick value like he's just a simple throw in player.

Last edited by a moderator:
Forte has been ruled OUT for Monday Night.

Langford train getting more steam.

Chugga chugga chugga chugga choo chooooooooooooooo!

---------
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/11/07/bears-rule-forte-royal-out-for-monday-night/

Bears rule Forte, Royal out for Monday nightPosted by Zac Jackson on November 7, 2015, 1:48 PM EST

What was expected was made official by Bears coach John Fox Saturday. Running back Matt Forte will miss Monday night’s game in San Diego due to a knee injury.

That makes rookie Jeremy Langford the Bears’ starting running back. Langford has 27 carries for 80 yards on the season but will get his most extensive work against the Chargers’ 27th ranked run defense.

Forte has run for 548 yards and is averaging 4.0 yards per carry. He left last week’s game vs. the Vikings after rushing for 41 yards on 10 carries.

Got him rev'd up and ready to go in dynasty. Hoping for enough to get a win and maybe sell him off.

I'm wanting to start him but have yet to pull the trigger. All the 20 carries talk and I still see him ranked around 20th RB. So few RB's get that type of volume I can't imagine him not being closer to the 10 range.

I think Langford has looked good at pass blocking which could be important the way this game is going

If Langford was able to make the catch on a play late against the Vikings, I think the Bears would have won that game. It was that close. Nice to hear he is doing better in that area against the Chargers.

Got him rev'd up and ready to go in dynasty. Hoping for enough to get a win and maybe sell him off.
Why would you do that? Forte is gone after this year, Langford was a 4th round pick who runs a 4.4 40, and he played WR in college so he's a pass catcher.

He's got a great chance to be a impact player next year and beyond.

Why would you do that? Forte is gone after this year, Langford was a 4th round pick who runs a 4.4 40, and he played WR in college so he's a pass catcher. He's got a great chance to be a impact player next year and beyond.
Forte gone after this year? Why would you say that?
Because he's an unrestricted free agent after the season???

I think Bears keep Forte. Still at top of his game. Even with Langford playing well, I can't see them letting Forte go. Plenty of cap space will help as well

Why would you do that? Forte is gone after this year, Langford was a 4th round pick who runs a 4.4 40, and he played WR in college so he's a pass catcher.

He's got a great chance to be a impact player next year and beyond.
Rethinking this now, but I could use a bit of veteran help to make a run. If I can use him to upgrade I'm going to listen. He does look good though.

I think Bears keep Forte. Still at top of his game. Even with Langford playing well, I can't see them letting Forte go. Plenty of cap space will help as well
I'd be willing to wager you on that. Forte is gone.
Just what I think
I could definitely see the Bears and John Fox keeping Forte and even paying him a lot of money unless this years free agent market is a lot better than it was last season.

Vikings fans criticize the front office for paying Peterson so much money, but really the free agent options are usually not players of Peterson or Fortes caliber.

18-72-1 rushing, 3-70-0 receiving, 142 combined yards + 2 point conversion (so far, with a few minutes to go), about 25 points in PPR.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm optimistic about this kid.

This 'could' be the start of him eventually taking over next year as the starting RB for the Bears but he could make noise with this opportunity.

---------

.Evan Silva@evansilva Nov 3

No. 2 is Jeremy Langford, whose to-date usage suggests he's likely to become a near every-down back with GL carries in Forte's absence.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/186454/five-things-to-know-about-bears-backfield-after-matt-fortes-knee-injury

Five things to know about Bears' backfield after Matt Forte's knee injury

1. --- Forte is about to turn 30. That’s a nasty number for NFL running backs. Forte won’t win over many league executives by sitting on the sidelines longer than absolutely necessary.

2. --- Langford’s workload is expected to triple in the coming weeks until Forte returns. The Bears claim Langford is talented enough to handle the assignment of being the feature back.
Yippiddy gippiddy.

Whatever the deal with Forte is, Langford Dynasty owners have to really love that game. He was the 13th rookie RB taken in my deep keeper/dynasty and with the situation in Chicago, and with Langford's skills, all he had to do was show us something. He did that and then some tonight. :thumbup:

Impressive game. They went over it a lot in the broadcast, but his blitz pickup and receiving skills make him look like a vet already. Got some burst in him too. The smart play by Chicago would be to let Forte walk and use Langford as their RB1 next year and beyond. But teams don't do the smart thing all the time. Forte is great, but you just can't pay 30 year old RBs.

Whatever the deal with Forte is, Langford Dynasty owners have to really love that game. He was the 13th rookie RB taken in my deep keeper/dynasty and with the situation in Chicago, and with Langford's skills, all he had to do was show us something. He did that and then some tonight. :thumbup:
I'm pumped

Impressive game. They went over it a lot in the broadcast, but his blitz pickup and receiving skills make him look like a vet already. Got some burst in him too. The smart play by Chicago would be to let Forte walk and use Langford as their RB1 next year and beyond. But teams don't do the smart thing all the time. Forte is great, but you just can't pay 30 year old RBs.
I just see it differently. Forte isn't your typical 30 year old back. Still on top of his game. One of the Bears leaders for his entire career. You can't pay him huge money but I think they will pay him enough to keep him. I can see both sides but still don't think it's dumb to try and keep him.

Hopefully he gets more than this chance to start. I watched the whole game and he definitely looks like he has the skill set. SD is soft though and was a great matchup, which is why a lot of people started him as an unproven. He'll be tested now and there should be opportunities to see how well his skills translate. The best thing though is that his blitz pick up was really good last night, that will keep you on the field as an RB and he has a three down skill set.

I just see it differently. Forte isn't your typical 30 year old back. Still on top of his game. One of the Bears leaders for his entire career. You can't pay him huge money but I think they will pay him enough to keep him. I can see both sides but still don't think it's dumb to try and keep him.
I think another team will throw more money at Forte than the Bears will be willing to do. He's an all-time franchise player, but can see the Bears looking to rebuild and move on.

In terms of suitors, I can see a strong RB-needy team like maybe Denver or the NY Giants look at him as a missing piece of the puzzle.

But that's for another thread...

cant remember if I posted this here or in another thread. I though Langford looked better than Bell in the sparty games I have watched over the years.

Kid has a chance to be good, will Chicago re-sign Forte? is he a UFA? heck sounded like they tried to trade him.

He was good in blitz pick up and catching the ball.

I think another team will throw more money at Forte than the Bears will be willing to do. He's an all-time franchise player, but can see the Bears looking to rebuild and move on.

In terms of suitors, I can see a strong RB-needy team like maybe Denver or the NY Giants look at him as a missing piece of the puzzle.

But that's for another thread...
I agree. With the Bears having a back like Langford in the wings, who can run, catch, and block, why would they throw big money at Forte? They can use that money to address other problems.

Users who are viewing this thread