What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*Official* - Jeremy Langford (1 Viewer)

You should listen to Hawkeye...  I don't think any of the Bears backs look great but the offense is a mess.  Lost center in the pres-season.  Guys hit still in the backfield.   Kevin White (more like Kevin Green) learning on the fly.  3 and out for the offense.  Defense can't get off the field.  They must be close to the worst time of possession in the league.

Make Langford your scapegoat (maybe Fox already has).    He really hasn't had a chance to get untracked this season.
Yeah,  I think the offensive failure is all Jeremy's fault. 

Might have to drop him on ESPN leagues since they continue to list him mid-week as Doubtful rather than Out. Annoying to have to pull injured players off the IR mid-week in order to manage roster, when they'll end up back on IR by the weekend. 

Might have to drop him on ESPN leagues since they continue to list him mid-week as Doubtful rather than Out. Annoying to have to pull injured players off the IR mid-week in order to manage roster, when they'll end up back on IR by the weekend. 
:goodposting:  Starting to become real frustrating. Does anyone know when they listed him as out last week? Hoping it's sooner than later so I can make some changes to my roster. 

:goodposting:  Starting to become real frustrating. Does anyone know when they listed him as out last week? Hoping it's sooner than later so I can make some changes to my roster. 
I think it's just better to drop him than put up with roster adjustments like that.  I have yet to see anyone pick Langford up after he's been dropped.  If you drop him I think you're safe.

He didn't even make the trip, yet still listed as doubtful. I guess there's still a chance he could drive to Indy. 

I need the roster spot now!

Practiced today.

Any chance Fox does the unpredictable (or predictable?) and Langford finds himself atop the depth chart once again?

I'm hurting at RB and I'm going to put in a claim just in case. I think he may actually have a better shot at becoming the starter than DetWash / Dixon / Kelly type guys.

I'm sure I'll just be disappointed but I can't miss out on a starting RB if Fox pulls the trigger.

Last edited by a moderator:
Practiced today.

Any chance Fox does the unpredictable (or predictable?) and Langford finds himself atop the depth chart once again?

I'm hurting at RB and I'm going to put in a claim just in case. I think he may actually have a better shot at becoming the starter than DetWash / Dixon / Kelly type guys.

I'm sure I'll just be disappointed but I can't miss out on a starting RB if Fox pulls the trigger.
Well he was the starter before getting hurt.  Howard looked good/better in his absence, as did Carey.  But I don't think it would be out of the ordinary for a coach to put your former starter back to the top of the depth chart.  Sometimes coaches make decisions that we think is crazy

Initially it seemed like Howard was the lock to take over this job and never look back. Now it doesn't seem hard to envision Langford taking his old job back once he's healthy and a RBBC to start up. Not looking good for Bears RB owners.

Purely based on my gut, which is worthless, I think Fox ends up giving the job back to Langford to lose. Which wouldn't surprise me if he did lose, but I took the chance and put in a claim. 

Again, Langford is absolutely terrible; I've forced more missed tackles than him this year. I have no doubt this is a RBBC mess going forward regardless but please save yourself the headache and leave Langford on the waiver wire.

The Chicago Tribune's Dan Wiederer reports Jeremy Langford has struggled with his recovery from offseason ankle surgery.

A high-ankle sprain in Week 3 torpedoed Langford's 2016, and the injury required surgery after the season. His rehab is apparently going slowly, and Wiederer questions how early in camp he will be able to get on the field. With Benny Cunningham and fourth-rounder Tarik Cohen added to complement clear starter Jordan Howard, Langford may need a strong camp just to keep his job, so he needs to get healthy as soon as possible.

Source: Chicago Tribune 

Jul 18 - 11:35 AM

Things move very fast. Just a year ago this guy - not Howard - was viewed as the heir apparent to Forte and a fantasy darling.

No.  I don't have him on any teams right now.  I had him on one and just dropped him for Howard.  I just don't know what people are missing.  It's like they are stuck on that article written by Clay this Spring.

Howard is going to have similar results to Langford.  Not due to lack of skill but because of the OL and the coaching staff.  He's not going to give you great numbers when he has multiple zero and negative runs on only 10 attempts.  He's going to have minimal yards rushing and some receptions and that's about it until the line improves and the OC calls a better game.
Buuuzz

Really flap?  You're going back through this and picking out posts?  Careful with that game, you've got a number of bad calls as well.

Langford got hurt so who knows what he would've done. Howard proved to be the better back overall once given a shot. The coaches admitted he didn't show he was good enough in practice but proved it during games. 

Technically I was right about him not putting up numbers unless the OL improved. They played great and he put up good numbers. You were on my case all year saying how bad the OL was and you were just flat out wrong. Now they're considered to have one of the better OLs this year. 

Really flap?  You're going back through this and picking out posts?  Careful with that game, you've got a number of bad calls as well.

Langford got hurt so who knows what he would've done. Howard proved to be the better back overall once given a shot. The coaches admitted he didn't show he was good enough in practice but proved it during games. 

Technically I was right about him not putting up numbers unless the OL improved. They played great and he put up good numbers. You were on my case all year saying how bad the OL was and you were just flat out wrong. Now they're considered to have one of the better OLs this year. 
Actually, Hawkeye, you were spot on.  The line and QB play was dismal to start the season; White was dropping passes; Cutler was being Cutler.  Langford was getting tackled as he touched the ball and its tough to get untracked with 3-and-out after 3-and out.  Fox didn't impress me with his willingness to throw individual players under the bus either.

Howard had a great season.  As an owner, I hope he can sustain his level of play but I've seen one year wonders before.  Langford is a versatile back.  Looking forward, I have him on a short list of important RB handcuffs in PPR leagues.

You get snarky a number of times in here when I criticized Langford. I go back one page and respond. Goes both ways. Don't dish it out if you can't take it. 

Actually, Hawkeye, you were spot on.  The line and QB play was dismal to start the season; White was dropping passes; Cutler was being Cutler.  Langford was getting tackled as he touched the ball and its tough to get untracked with 3-and-out after 3-and out.  Fox didn't impress me with his willingness to throw individual players under the bus either.

Howard had a great season.  As an owner, I hope he can sustain his level of play but I've seen one year wonders before.  Langford is a versatile back.  Looking forward, I have him on a short list of important RB handcuffs in PPR leagues.
Wrong. Langford may not even make the team this year. 

You get snarky a number of times in here when I criticized Langford. I go back one page and respond. Goes both ways. Don't dish it out if you can't take it. 
Snarky?  I was commenting on langford who was getting hammered from people on here and I didn't think it was fair. I wanted to see him play a full season as I thought he could be a decent fantasy back.  I can take it but found it funny how petty you were to go back and pick out posts like that. 

Wrong. Langford may not even make the team this year. 
I actually agree with this. If they didn't draft Cohen then I would say Langford is safe but now I'm not so sure. 

Bears waived RB Jeremy Langford.

The Bears gave Langford every opportunity to be their feature back last season, but he wasn't up to the task from a production standpoint, then suffered a high ankle sprain and lost his job to Jordan Howard. Langford could still generate interest on waivers from running back-needy teams like the Chiefs, although ex-Bills No. 2 back Jonathan Williams would be a better pickup among available backs.

Related: Bears

Sep 3 - 3:12 PM

Jeremy Langford - RB - Ravens

Ravens signed RB Jeremy Langford to their practice squad.

A fourth-round pick in 2015, Langford has averaged 3.5 YPC across 210 career carries. He was given every opportunity to win the Bears' job last season, but he got hurt and Jordan Howard proceeded to run circles around him. Langford was hurt all summer with an ankle issue. Baltimore is where you want to end up if you're a free agent running back, however. Terrance West's grip on the lead job is tenuous at best. Langford seems likely to get a call-up to the 53 in 2017.

Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Sep 4 - 7:00 PM

Users who are viewing this thread