What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official Corey Coleman - WR - Patriots (1 Viewer)

Pro Football Focus comps Baylor WR Corey Coleman to Steve Smith, calls him a "possible top-10 prospect" and ranks him as the most underrated prospect in the entire draft.
"His 10 drops on 84 catchable passes is a minor red flag, but he has the deep speed to burn cornerbacks and also the ability to take a short gain and turn it into a touchdown," Jeff Dooley wrote. Last year, Coleman finished No. 9 in receiving grade in this draft class, but context is important here. He led the nation in yards per route run average before Jarrett Stidham, Baylor's backup QB, was lost to a season-ending injury. After that, the offense, running without a true quarterback, was forced to cook up a bizarre wishbone/fly option offense run by RBs and WRs. Somehow, the Bears beat UNC in the bowl game with it. Small miracles.

Source: Pro Football Focus 
Mar 17 - 1:54 PM

Baylor WR Corey Coleman's pro day workout drew raves from Texans HC Bill O'Brien.

Coleman's forty time at said pro day has been reported anywhere from 4.33-4.40. Either way, he ran well and impressed onlookers with his fluid athleticism, O'Brien included. "You put on the tape, and you know he can play," O'Brien said. The Texans are looking for a burner to put across from DeAndre Hopkins and many have mocked Coleman into the Texans' No. 22 slot to be just that. Brock Osweiler would love uncorking long balls for this stud, our No. 1 ranked receiver. "He's a good player on tape, very productive," O'Brien said. "He looked good today. The way he ran will help him."

Source: Houston Chronicle 
Mar 17 - 2:31 PM

Going to the be the "steal of both drafts"

Fantasy and real. 

Would kill for the Browns to move up to the mid/late 1st and draft this kid to pair w gordon, after losing benjamin

Does he overtake Dodson's current #3 ADP? I guess a lot of this stuff will change drastically after we see landing spots. 

Football Outsider's Playmaker Score projects Baylor WR Corey Coleman to average 709 receiving yards per season over his first five years in the NFL.
Coleman ranks as the best wideout in the pool by Playmaker Score, ahead of Notre Dame WR Will Fuller and Ole Miss WR Laquon Treadwell. Scout Inc.'s Nathan Forster called the Bear draft-hopeful's projection a "monster" one, but he's not completely sold, noting, "there are certainly legitimate concerns regarding Coleman's ability to transition to the NFL level." He cites what we've heard repeatedly--that the 5-foot-11, 194-pounder didn't run a full route-tree in college. Coleman himself isn't concerned by that, though, insisting that he "learned everything [he] need[ed] to learn" and that he believes he proved to interested NFL parties that routes won't be an issue.

Source: ESPN Insider 
Mar 19 - 3:44 PM

Baylor WR Corey Coleman said that, "it's important for me to be the best receiver."
Coleman views himself as the best wideout in the draft, but he showed humility in discussing his fellow receivers. "They’re really good guys," he said, adding, that "[t]hey’ve done a great job to put themselves at the top with me. Now it’s time for April to see where everyone ends up." The 5-foot-11, 194-pound draft-hopeful didn't run the 40-yard dash at the NFL Scouting Combine, but turned in a time somewhere between 4.33-4.40 seconds. Texans HC Bill O'Brien gushed over Wednesday's performance, saying "the way he ran will help him." A scout who spoke with the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel last month believes that Coleman needs to expand his route-tree once he hits the pros, but the wideout's not concerned about that, saying, "I learned everything I need to learn. If you’re a receiver and you don’t know how to run routes at this level, I don’t know what to tell you. I think I proved to them that I can run NFL routes."

Source: ESPN.com 
Mar 18 - 10:11 PM

Unfortunately you missed on this one.
giphy.gif

I'm surprised you don't have Shepard in there....
Boyd, Fuller, Shepard, Thomas and caroo are a clear tier down from the big three of Doctson, Coleman and Treadwell.  I have no idea which of those 3 will be the first one off the board on NFL or fantasy draft day,  but I expect it will be one of them and second will probably be another one of them.  

If someone really wants deep speed, they might go fuller over the next guy down.   But the 3 of them seem pretty locked in as the overall top 3.  

After that things get a little murky where there's some good receivers who could absolutely emerge as top 20 fantasy receivers but aren't sure things.  Zwk likes caroo.  I like Boyd as a guy who can get a lot of catches and tds in the nfl although he'll probably never put up great ypc.  Shepard and Thomas are both solid options too and legit picks at the back end of the first.   

But if a guy like booker or Dixon ends up with the Giants - a fairly neutral spot but likely to start - I could more easily see him leap frogging Boyd than Coleman in fantasy adp.  And Henry could go anywhere from 1.2 in non ppr, to late first in start 1 rb ppr dynasty.   

I saw the above article and wanted to search for a Corey Coleman thread so I naturally typed in the words Corey = ZERO RESULTS!

I typed in Coleman = ZERO RESULTS!

I typed in Corey Coleman = ZERO RESULTS!

WTF?  Honestly, WTF?  This thread is recent, it was two pages in.  This should have f'ng popped up IMMEDIATELY.  

The f'd up search engine is going to cause multiple posts on the same subject over and over.  The f'd up search engine has been an issue for years on this site.  I have no idea why its such a low priority or why it can't be fixed but for God's sake please fix it.

-------

Sounds like a poor man's Brandin Cooks.

Strengths

» Best player, not just receiver, with the ball in his hands in this class
» Elite lower body movement to separate from defenders 
» Aggressive player who doesn't shy away from contested situations
» Underrated intelligence and nuance as a player

Weaknesses

» Ball skills can come and go; needs better hand timing at the catch point» Will need to tighten up his route running» Lapses in concentration show up with some routine drops.

:confused:

Search function works fine.

"Corey Coleman" search in this forum brought up this thread.

"Coleman" in all sources brought up several threads.

Last edited by a moderator:
It does NOW.  When I searched an hour ago it produced no results.  Which makes the search engine even more maddening.  

I saw this thread recently and simply wanted to look it up.  ZERO RESULTS!  I guess the search feature only works if the damn thread is on the front page where you don't need it.  The thread was on page 3 when I searched so I had to go back because I know I had seen this thread.  The search feature sucks.  I has always sucked.  It will continue to suck until it is fixed.  

:confused:

Search function works fine.

"Corey Coleman" search in this forum brought up this thread.

"Coleman" in all sources brought up several threads.
Here ya go.  Specifically did a simple search of your mock draft thread.  

Here are the results.

Search the Community

Showing results for 'Dufresne mock'.

Dufresne mock 

Didn't find what you were looking for? Try searching for:

FOUND 0 RESULTS

if Doctson is AJ Green lite, is coleman keenan allen lite? Or are we expecting more from a fantasy POV?

Well that makes sense as the name "Dufresne" likely isn't a text value IN the thread.
Andy.  You have over 55,000 posts on this site.

You have 7 pages of results on your name.

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/search/?type=all&q=dufresne

Search the Community

Showing results for 'dufresne'.

dufresne

Didn't find what you were looking for? Try searching for:

FOUND 161 RESULTS

The fact that the name COREY or COLEMAN had zero results an hour ago and you have 7 pages with 161 results but when trying to find one single post of yours with the words MOCK and DUFRESNE it showed zero just a few minutes ago.  

Everyone uses the Steve Smith comparison, and no comparison is perfect, but he is pretty darn tough, like Smith.  

He ran a limited route tree at Baylor, but it just means he needs to learn other routes.  You know, none of these guys are Isaac Bruce coming out of college, they all have some polishing they need.  

Well, except for Amari Cooper.  

I saw this article and I'm very confused by it.  Is he implying that Kevin White and Tavon Austin are better than DeAndre Hopkins?  Or just that they were better prospects coming out of school?

Also, Allen Robinson and Odell not being on this list shows how great a talent evaluator DJ is.
This is not a current rankings but his rankings at the time.  He had Kevin White and Tavon Austin rated higher then Hopkins at the time. 

I don't have  the expertise to judge DJ but even the best have their misses.  I respect a guy who is not afraid to post his old rankings and admit where he was wrong. 

I saw this article and I'm very confused by it.  Is he implying that Kevin White and Tavon Austin are better than DeAndre Hopkins?  Or just that they were better prospects coming out of school?

Also, Allen Robinson and Odell not being on this list shows how great a talent evaluator DJ is.
If thats truly his list, with no looking back adjustments, its pretty friggin good. Book hasnt been written on White yet. Tavon and Lee are the only real misses.

They did the segment on Path to the Draft. It was based solely his draft grade number before the draft in the respective year.

I like that these guys are cross comparing draft classes. Would be helpful to see more than the top 13 WR on his list.

I agree that Coleman is a better prospect than Cooks who I still like a lot.

NFL Media's Ian Rapoport reports that Baylor WR Corey Coleman visited the Bears Wednesday.
Per RapSheet, Coleman will now visit the Bengals, another team who will strongly consider taking a receiver in the first stanza. NFL Media analyst Daniel Jeremiah says Coleman is the fifth-best WR prospect to come into the league since 2013, and the very best in this class.

Late to the party on DJs list talks but I don't think it shows his bias/blind spot/weakness. I'm a big fan of DJ but his take on Coleman is too high. Just based on that list you can see that he may be overrating the small and fast guys. Even Fuller seems to be pretty high. 

Late to the party on DJs list talks but I don't think it shows his bias/blind spot/weakness. I'm a big fan of DJ but his take on Coleman is too high. Just based on that list you can see that he may be overrating the small and fast guys. Even Fuller seems to be pretty high. 

I could see teams scared off by the drops and the Baylor system (smaller route tree, taking plays off etc). But the kid is a special athlete. 

Does a lot of body catching. Listed as one weakness in his profile. Hands are a concern. Fails to catch away from his body. Dropped 10 passes for a drop rate of 11.9 percent.

Any read on this dude's work ethic?  In the short amount of tape I watched, he doesn't spend much energy on plays where he's not likely to get the ball.  He does spend a lot of energy jawing after he makes catches which gets old quickly.   

Coleman will be taken in the top 25.  No way he falls past Giants, NO, Atlanta, Bills, Jets, Washington, and Minnesota.

Users who are viewing this thread