What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official Corey Coleman - WR - Patriots (1 Viewer)

The opportunity is there for a career year. Of course it would only take a little over 400 yards to achieve that. I like his skill set and if he can continue to develop he should have some good games sprinkled in throughout the season.

one of my worst ever scouting calls... 

talent wise, I was dead on with how good this cat was... but as ive mentioned countless times, you can't coach heart and grit. he seems to lack both (which surprises me, i thought he was FULL of grit)

those injuries destroyed him... physically and mentally.

one of my worst ever scouting calls... 

talent wise, I was dead on with how good this cat was... but as ive mentioned countless times, you can't coach heart and grit. he seems to lack both (which surprises me, i thought he was FULL of grit)

those injuries destroyed him... physically and mentally.
Strange how you fell head over heels for a Brown's player. You win some, you lose some.

i was head over heels for him PRE draft... regardless of where he went.

when he landed w the browns, i was stoked
If I remember correctly route running was the big concern. Turns out he may just be lazy and not very intelligent. However, facing potentially his last hurrah maybe has turned some more lights on. I think he can at minimum become a situational deep threat. If he buckles down and expands his route running the sky is the limit. Big "if" at this point obviously. 

Corey Coleman is working as the No. 3 receiver during Giants OTAs.

There is a slew of options behind Sterling Shepard and Golden Tate including fifth-round rookie Darius Slayton, so Coleman is far from guaranteed to keep the No. 3 job throughout the offseason. Still, it is a promising start after his position coach said the former first-rounder has a "big opportunity" this summer. Coleman reaching his potential would be massive for the Odell Beckham-less Giants.

SOURCE: Patricia Traina on Twitter

May 20, 2019, 10:58 AM ET

Corey Coleman is the front-runner for the Giants' No. 3 receiver job heading into camp.

Fifth-round rookie Darius Slayton and Cody Latimer will push the former first rounder in camp, but Coleman closed out the offseason program in the lead. This competition is unlikely to carry much fantasy significance, but the Giants need a deep threat to emerge.

SOURCE: Newark Star-Ledger

Jun 20, 2019, 9:35 AM ET

Articles like this keep me drafting him in the 24th round. Just...can’t...let...go. 

Corey Coleman brings intrigue to Giants' new-look receiving group. 

https://nypost.com/2019/07/16/corey-coleman-brings-intrigue-to-giants-new-look-receiving-group/

Fans are understandably fatigued hearing frequent Odell Beckham Jr. dispatches from Cleveland. It remains to be seen if the Giants will dearly miss the sensational receiver once the games begin. For the first time since 2014, it is Life Without Odell and, around the league, dubious glances are sent in the direction of the players left behind in East Rutherford. The front office is all-in on Sterling Shepard, signing him to a four-year contract extension, hoping a Shepard pairing with veteran Golden Tate — signed the day after the Beckham trade went down — is complementary and not, as many insist, duplication. Much of the dynamism is gone without Beckham; the plan is for Eli Manning to spread the ball around without feeling pressure or obligated to keep Odell happy.

Key returnees: Sterling Shepard, Corey Coleman, Cody Latimer, Russell Shepard, Bennie Fowler

Key additions: Golden Tate, Darius Slayton

The rundown: Is there anybody the Giants put on the field able to scare opposing defenses? Is there any player who must be double-teamed? Not really. Sterling Shepard thus far in his career has shown himself to be a solid, but certainly not spectacular, No. 2 starting receiver and he is not an overwhelmingly dangerous deep threat. He is an exceptional leaper and is extremely quick. The addition of Golden Tate imports one of the best yards-after-catch producers in the league. He is a savvy route-runner but, like Shepard, often does his best work operating out of the slot. Thus, the fear of duplication. Of the veterans brought back, Coleman is the most intriguing, given his pedigree (2016 first-round pick of the Browns) and skill set. He showed flashes last season and if he has matured, maybe the Giants have something here. Speedster Darius Slayton, a fifth-round pick from Auburn, looked quite good in the spring but it is tough for rookies to make much of an impact.

The Giants' new Odell Beckhams are taking charge

Key camp battles: Shepard and Tate are set and Slayton figures to find his way onto the roster. After that, jobs are up for grabs, with Latimer, Shepard and Fowler competing for one or possibly two spots. Coleman should have an edge, based on his talent, but he must continue to show progress and attention to detail, traits that eluded him in Cleveland.

The verdict: It remain to be seen if anyone can take the top off a defense with full-blown speed and explosiveness down the field. Shepard and Tate are both 5-foot-10 and that does not translate to great success when paired together as starters. Latimer and Slayton (both 6-foot-2) have some size but it would take a quantum leap of faith to consider either a difference-maker. Coleman is 24; maybe this is the start of a strong second chapter of what thus far has been a disappointing NFL existence. There is no doubt Manning will miss tossing a short slant to Beckham and seeing it result in a 60-yard touchdown eruption. Beckham’s greatness will be missed. However, he was not the most precise route-runner and at times was too amped up to get the best out of himself. This will have to be a group effort.

Corey Coleman suffered a torn ACL in Thursday's practice and will miss the season.

Brutal. The Giants also lost Sterling Shepard to a broken thumb on the same day. The No. 15 overall pick in the 2016 draft, Coleman was looking at his biggest opportunity in the last couple years but will now be sidelined until 2020 when he'll be a free agent in March. The Giants will move forward with Golden Tate, Cody Latimer, Darius Slayton, Russell Shepard, Bennie Fowler, and Alonzo Russell, among others, as their healthy wideouts.

SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Jul 26, 2019, 11:29 AM ET

NFL suspended free agent WR Corey Coleman six games. 

The reason is unknown, but six games is a PED-length suspension. Unable to make the Giants out of camp last fall, Coleman has not appeared in a regular season game since 2018. He tore his ACL in 2019. Although he is still only 26 years old, the No. 15 overall pick of the 2016 draft is at the end of the NFL line. 

SOURCE: Tom Pelissero on Twitter 

Jan 19, 2021, 4:53 PM ET

Users who are viewing this thread