What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official Buckethead Appreciation Thread (1 Viewer)

Agreed on the Wish You Were Here performance.  

they also cover Raw Power from the Stooges, a song they did on Spahetti Incident.  Duff on the vocals.

take the Chinese Democracy songs out and Coma, insert My Michelle, Patience and One In A Million and it would've have been an almost flawless set.  They didn't do anything off of Lies for some reason.
They played Patience in Cincy but didn't play Don't Cry. I actually like Don't Cry more but I'm not complaining. Great show. 

Caught them at the Cincy show with some friends I grew up with and had an unbelievable time.   I've seen them a handful of times (pre and post Slash era) and this is the best and tightest I've seen them.   Adler coming out was so unexpected.   It was cool seeing that big smile from behind the kit after all of these years.   He threw his drumstick out after his 2 song cameo and it landed right next to my foot.   Missed out on getting it from the mob of people scrambling for it.  We were right by the stage in the pit.   I concur with others saying to go see them on this tour.   One of - if not the best show I've seen.  

Going to MetLife stadium to see them tonight. First time in my life seeing Axl and Slash together on stage. I grew up playing rock guitar in the era, and Slash was my real life guitar hero. I have never seen him live before. Today is his birthday. 

Seats in Row 7.

i am so, so stoked. 

My GB @Righetti joining as well. 

:excited: :banned:  

Going to MetLife stadium to see them tonight. First time in my life seeing Axl and Slash together on stage. I grew up playing rock guitar in the era, and Slash was my real life guitar hero. I have never seen him live before. Today is his birthday. 

Seats in Row 7.

i am so, so stoked. 

My GB @Righetti joining as well. 

:excited: :banned:  
Have fun! :headbang:

Was there last night also. It was ####### amazing. It blew away my expectations.

Somehow survived tailgating in 95 degree heat for 6 hours.

Ministry of Pain said:
-9th row Floor, Right Center(Slash tends to play that side a lot) $400 a piece

-Nosebleeds in the stadium upper deck $80 a piece

Hmmmmm
We did left side 7th row for almost $600 a pop. I didn't realize Slash played on the right side until after we walked in and I saw the setup. Just never even ocurred to me to consider that. I'd have paid more to be on his side and in the first row. Next time...

Was there last night also. It was ####### amazing. It blew away my expectations.

Somehow survived tailgating in 95 degree heat for 6 hours.
Agreed. And the tailgating ended up being amazing. As the sun was setting and the cool breeze picked up it was glorious out there. Awesome day all around. 

Ministry of Pain said:
-9th row Floor, Right Center(Slash tends to play that side a lot) $400 a piece

-Nosebleeds in the stadium upper deck $80 a piece

Hmmmmm
I went with lower bowl mid-way back (2sections back from stage), 15 rows up...$199 each (face $250).  Not the Slash side though .

We did left side 7th row for almost $600 a pop. I didn't realize Slash played on the right side until after we walked in and I saw the setup. Just never even ocurred to me to consider that. I'd have paid more to be on his side and in the first row. Next time...
If that isn't $200 per ticket of free advice, I'm not sure what is. 

Ticketmaster 13th row, Floor right center, not right on aisle but close. $250 per ticket, seems rather reasonable all things considered. 

You can buy GA Pit for $400...I'm sure it's standing room only, not planning on sitting much but...during the slow songs it's nice to park the tush for a minute. 

Agreed on the Wish You Were Here performance.  

they also cover Raw Power from the Stooges, a song they did on Spahetti Incident.  Duff on the vocals.

take the Chinese Democracy songs out and Coma, insert My Michelle, Patience and One In A Million and it would've have been an almost flawless set.  They didn't do anything off of Lies for some reason.
When I saw them in 93 they did all kinds of Lies.  They even unplugged and rolled out a couch.  I am slightly curious what the circus would look like now.

Ticketmaster 13th row, Floor right center, not right on aisle but close. $250 per ticket, seems rather reasonable all things considered. 

You can buy GA Pit for $400...I'm sure it's standing room only, not planning on sitting much but...during the slow songs it's nice to park the tush for a minute. 
Maybe the least rock n' roll post on the internet ever. 

When I saw them in 93 they did all kinds of Lies.  They even unplugged and rolled out a couch.  I am slightly curious what the circus would look like now.
They did Patience in our encore. I thought it sucked. It's got drums and Slash plays his Les Paul.  Just spoils what that song is supposed to be.  But I get that the crowd loved it anyway, and that's why they do it. 

They did Patience in our encore. I thought it sucked. It's got drums and Slash plays his Les Paul.  Just spoils what that song is supposed to be.  But I get that the crowd loved it anyway, and that's why they do it. 
It was PERFECT back in the day.  I wondered if they were lip syncing it sounded so perfect.

I'm so appreciative of whoever these crazy people are who will hold their phones out for 2.5 hours to film a show. 

in milwaukee for one of the encoars axel rose ate four gallons of ice cream while slash played a heavy metal cover of oh sugar by the archies ear still ringing bromigos take that to the bank

Last edited by a moderator:
So do they give axl 3-4 minutes between songs to catch his breath and grab a snack? Or is Slash just extending out the solos to give Axl Doughs a chance to get his wind back up? 

I'm so appreciative of whoever these crazy people are who will hold their phones out for 2.5 hours to film a show. 
If anyone pulls that #### in front of me at a show, there will be "oh #### man I'm sorry my beer went down your back.. was distracted by the glare of your screen" 

I never sat down for 3 hours for either show I saw this year (Vegas and NJ) and never sat down durin the Roseland show either

i did sit during the 3 hour set changeover between Metalica and GNR in 1992 at Giants Stadium

Went to the Saturday giants stadium show completely last minute, spur of the moment.  I had absolutely zero faith or expectations...it was a hot as hell day but my friends convinced me to come to their tailgate at 8pm. Pregame, they go in, I gotta find a ticket. Strangely couldn't find any scalpers. This show is sold out and had been a hot ticket but hearing appetite in the lot got me charged up.  I figured let me take a chance and go to the box office. Guy asks me where I want to sit. Now I know they had pit packages for like 600 he tells me he has a seat upstairs for 100. But that's REALLY Prohibatively far at the new giants stadium.  I ask him what else, he tells me for 130 I can be in the lower level. I jump on it and head in. 

Now, talking the folks around me, they all bought day of, so it must have been a ticket released that was being held for sight lines. It was basically across the end zone, right between the uprights. Absolutely perfect view. 

As for the show, they were blow away fantastic.  Axl sounded almost "too" good so it wouldn't surprised me if he was supported with some sweetening but they were just fantastic.  The band is tight, duff is a great quarterback, and slash just, let's say this, that guitar was meant to fill stadiums. Loved the set, love Chinese democracy the track but could have done without the other tracks. I actually like coma but the performance petered. 

Crowd was definitley 35 plus on the whole and it seemed to run out of gas 2 hours in after sweet child. They didn't go on until after 10 so after a day of drinking the audience near me was shot and there was almost an hour to go.   But they kept the show energy high. 

Paradise city under a cascade of fireworks... Just awesome. 

Great show, highly recommend. If they were still in the north east I would road trip to see more shows. As it is I'd love to go to LA in the fall. 

Hope they're on good terms and do it again, because they're onto something special and literally sound better than ever

I'm going to see them in the Superdome tomorrow.  I love reading this thread, getting me fired up.  Monday morning is going to be as close to death as it gets for me.

Close in tickets next Friday in Houston. Missing the Dallas show because I booked a work trip without remembering about guns. Houston will be me and my brother and SIL and my 12 year old niece who has never been to a real big concert. Very excited. 

How was it?
As good as I had hoped, which I was afraid was unrealistic.

We had the same set list minus Patience...covers of Godfather theme, Wish you Were Here, etc. I thought Slash and Duff were really on...Axl cracked a little here and there but hit it hard when he needed to.  I forgot how much I liked Estranged, which was great live with Axl on piano.

The perfect concert for being ####-faced!  Hope those rumors of more cities next year, including Tampa are true.

Just back to the hotel after Houston. Wow. They were amazing. Slash is a much better guitar player than the last time I saw him. 

- piano went out of tune during November rain. Axl stopped the song and the whole crowd wondered if he would throw a fit. Said "i don't mind if there are gremlins and ghosts in there (the piano) but they should learn to play the song". Then finished. 

- best part was the duel guitar solo between slash and fortis on "wish you were here". Was amazing, and I hate the guitar solo break normally. 

- same set list as Dallas but they played "don't cry" instead of patience, "out to get me" instead of "my Michelle" and "double talking jive" instead of "dead horse"

went about 2:20. Worth every penny. Planning a trip to see them again. Go if you can. 75,000 people never sat down 

:popcorn:

How was last night's show??
unbelievable, I somehow talked my way down to the front row of the field. I wish I had maybe 3 less drinks in me to have enjoyed the show a little bit more :excited: but damn did the sound amazing from what I remember

I went last night at Dodgers Stadium in LA. My notes...

- I enjoyed Houston more, but probably because I had better seats (floor, straight away about 40 rows back) compared to last night (right side, Loge, couldn't see the screen behind the drummer.  

- The weather in LA last night could not have been better for an outdoor show.  But they went on at 8:30 which shocked the heck out of me.  The first song started before we made it to our seats.  In houston they didn't go on until 9:45.

- Setlist was mostly the same as Houston except they brought Steven ADler out and he banged the drums for Out ta Get Me and My Michelle (they didn't play the latter in Houston).

- Duff did a Stooges cover instead of Attitude

- Wish you were here solo was shorter in LA.  That was my favorite part of the Houston show.

- Played Sorry instead of Catcher in the Rye to start the encore.

- Don't Cry last night.  I looked and they did Patience instead on Thursday.

- The place went bat#### crazy for Jungle and Sweet Child.  Like, I thought the stadium level we were on was going to collapse down on to the field it was shaking so much.

After two shows I'm still startled at how great Slash (and Richard Fortis, to be fair) are on guitar.  So much of that is missing from rock music these days.  I can't think of anyone currently doing rock n roll that can hang with those guys on guitar.

Awesome. Love reading these reports. Makes me really want to go again. 

Is the tour basically over?  Any talk about another?

Felt like they rushed thru Sweet Child in Orlando...seems like they could do a lot with that song...are they just sick of it?

I have to wonder, they have basically been playing the same set list for months, including most of the same solos, interludes and jams.  At what point does other boring for them?

same thing for other bands of course, just wondering when it starts to feel tedious 

I have to wonder, they have basically been playing the same set list for months, including most of the same solos, interludes and jams.  At what point does other boring for them?

same thing for other bands of course, just wondering when it starts to feel tedious 
It's their job. Being "awesome rock band people love" is a job.  Parts of my job are boring to me but thrill other people.  Same for most people.  That's what I really appreciated with the shows I saw - no attitudes and bull#### like they used to do. They were committed to performing the music really really well. 

I believe San Diego is the last stop on this leg then they go to South America. 

It's their job. Being "awesome rock band people love" is a job.  Parts of my job are boring to me but thrill other people.  Same for most people.  That's what I really appreciated with the shows I saw - no attitudes and bull#### like they used to do. They were committed to performing the music really really well. 

I believe San Diego is the last stop on this leg then they go to South America. 
They'll be in Lima on October 27. Obviously I won't be here then :rant:

Users who are viewing this thread