What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official 2022 Pro Cycling Thread*** - Let's Remco the Vuelta (1 Viewer)

I know he's still formative, but I bet this Wout Van Aert guy is going to come into his own next year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sammy3469 said:
They left Cav at home since they had a better sprinter.  I think Wout happened to the sprinters teams as well.  He wasn’t suppose to be that good, yet he was.

I also think taking the team sizes down to 8 hurts a lot and with the way UCI points are with relegation, it put a lot of pressure on teams like EF to animate the stages.  

Cav probably would have won at least one stage and wouldn’t have been such an anchor in the mountains for the team. Leaving everyone fresher for sprint wins. 

Rumors floating now that Bernal will be in the Vuelta... which would be quite the comeback after breaking every bone in his body ~10 months ago.

The final Velogames Fantasy Grand Tour of the season is underway! The entry deadline of 17:00 CEST (Central European Summer Time) on Saturday 14th August 2021 has now passed, so no more entries are allowed. Good luck to all teams.

:cry:

This would have been my team:

5. Richard Carapaz
4. Simon Yates
3. João Almeida
2. Jai Hindley
1. Remco Evenepoel

:kicksrock:

The final Velogames Fantasy Grand Tour of the season is underway! The entry deadline of 17:00 CEST (Central European Summer Time) on Saturday 14th August 2021 has now passed, so no more entries are allowed. Good luck to all teams.

That makes no sense. Try again - they should hold it open until Thursday night at least.

------

Just checked on my team:
  • Overall Race Score: 0 Overall Rank: 1
:headbang:

-------

Another observation: I can't tell you how excited I am for the team time trial. Easily the fastest, most impressive cycling you'll ever see. And this one is completely, utterly flat and non-technical. We're going to see vapor trails.

Last edited:

That makes no sense. Try again - they should hold it open until Thursday night at least.

------

Just checked on my team:
  • Overall Race Score: 0 Overall Rank: 1
:headbang:

-------

Another observation: I can't tell you how excited I am for the team time trial. Easily the fastest, most impressive cycling you'll ever see. And this one is completely, utterly flat and non-technical. We're going to see vapor trails.

:doh:

Let’s try that again

Anyone up for FBG Vuelta league? Velogames registration is open.
I think the one for the tour will roll over... but I can also set up a new one.

Vuelta Velogames link:

League Details
League Name: Vuelta a FBG
League Code: 459219812

(I am pretty sure the Giro and Tour ones will still be active as well)
Looks like it rolled over. Thanks!!!
New league - join the one above, GB.

Anyone up for FBG Vuelta league? Velogames registration is open.
I think the one for the tour will roll over... but I can also set up a new one.

Vuelta Velogames link:

League Details
League Name: Vuelta a FBG
League Code: 459219812

(I am pretty sure the Giro and Tour ones will still be active as well)
Looks like it rolled over. Thanks!!!
New league - join the one above, GB.
In

James Shaw (0 points so far thanx mate) wins the intermediate sprint, Bennet 4th, Mads 5th

Sam had a puncture & the peloton called a truce while he was getting a new wheel

27 km to go & a cat 3 upcoming, huge descent & uphill finish

:popcorn:

James Shaw (0 points so far thanx mate) wins the intermediate sprint, Bennet 4th, Mads 5th

Sam had a puncture & the peloton called a truce while he was getting a new wheel

That was a surprisingly fun finish! Mads is looking mad! I wish I kept him in my velogames (I wanted Hayter, and he was my sacrifice)

That was a surprisingly fun finish! Mads is looking mad! I wish I kept him in my velogames (I wanted Hayter, and he was my sacrifice)

I got Mads, Hayter, Remco, Jai - cut Sepp & Simon Yates to make the budget work. Had Carapaz in there as well but couldn’t afford him.

Figured Primoz wouldn’t hold up (fractured vertebrae, separated shoulder) but he’s crushing time bonuses rn.

Northern Spain is stunning; I’ve only been to Mediterranean cities.

Second half of tomorrow’s stage will see some suffering - five category climbs (3-3-3-2-2.) Should be some interesting tactics.

Huge day for Lawson Craddock (Stage 5)

Primary role is to support Simon Yates, went with the break yesterday and finished 5th. First Top 5 in a grand tour stage since 2018, and was confirmed he'll be on the USA Team at the Worlds in Australian next month.

Summit finish today. Just had a bad crash in the rain. I'd be OK with them cutting away rather than hear that pain - dude (Carl Fredrik Hagen, NOR, IPT) def broke something.

Primoz Roglic (SLO, TJV), Remco Evenepoel (BEL, QST), Julian Alaphilippe (FRA, QST) in front of the split, Rudy Molard (FRA, GFC) behind.

“HERE’S JAY VINE AND HE WINS STAGE 6 OF THE VUELTA!”

Remco rode everyone off except Masa on Pico Jano.

GC standings

Velogames Vuelta a FBGs

Stage Winners:
Overall Standings:
  1. 1977 armstrong`s Needle/da raiders
  2. 1792 Boerum Hill Big Ringing/BobbyLayne
  3. 1780 Alaphilippe you for it/Cheeseypoof
  4. 1729 A Big Kuss/Sand
  5. 1200 RB Brownwings UAFC/Jaysus
  6. 1114 Spokes `n Tokes/Nick Vermeil

A mechanic’s penis was the highlight of the broadcast (dude was shaking it out after a whizz in the background of an interview, as oblivious as the program director.)

Right said Fred Wright with turrible tactics to finish 3rd. Trek protects Mads on the long climb but feel like they should have driven the peloton harder. Breakaway worked for a change.

No real change at the top IRL. Only 8 points difference in Velogames top 4 for the stage, gained 28-36 on da Raiders but he’s wearing red again tomorrow with a big lead.

Today was a boring stage tbh. Tomorrow’s Stage 8 has 5 shorter climbs (category 2-2-3-3-3) before the longest, a 10 km climb up Colláu Fancuaya to a summit finish in the tiny municipality (133 inhabitants) of Yernes y Tameza.

Users who are viewing this thread