What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*Official 2017 Super Bowl Champion Philadelphia Eagles* - Parade of Champions Down Broad Street! (4 Viewers)

I think I am OK with this.  Kelce has regressed and I think he is going to be 29?  I think if I read correctly the cap savings will be 3.2 mill this year and they all the room they can get.

I'd think the loss would be a wash.  Semalo would take over at C.  While inexperienced he should have the pedigree to be a solid (if not very good) Center.

I would hope Dax would look good against that GB secondary who was one of the worst this year plus loosing a starting Safety. I'd say if Dax didn't do well against those guys he shouldn't be playing in the NFL. Not taking anything away from the kid but there's people out there acting like he completely outplayed Rodgers which isn't all that true. 
I think only Skip Bayless

so with the Eagles hiring Groh, and him being the former Bears WR coach, is Alshon coming to Philly?
Highly Doubtful we don't have the Capspace for it and Howie seems to not be going after "big Name" FAs and going for 2 tier and bargain guys. Jeffrey is one positive test from missing 10 games and like I said before he's missed a crazy amount of games in the last two years do to injuries and the suspension. One guy won't make a difference for the WRs. Like I said i'd be fine with Pryor/Jackson or some combination of one of them and a lesser name. Pryor take a speed guy like a Still/Jackson etc. Jackson/Still etc get Garcion if he's there Britt etc bigger guy. We have holes everywhere to fix. I see a similar FA approach as last year not spending huge on anything unless it's a McCleod type FA Young good and position of Need. Jeffrey fits that bill but will cost too much and comes with some baggage though. 

Highly Doubtful we don't have the Capspace for it and Howie seems to not be going after "big Name" FAs and going for 2 tier and bargain guys. Jeffrey is one positive test from missing 10 games and like I said before he's missed a crazy amount of games in the last two years do to injuries and the suspension. One guy won't make a difference for the WRs. Like I said i'd be fine with Pryor/Jackson or some combination of one of them and a lesser name. Pryor take a speed guy like a Still/Jackson etc. Jackson/Still etc get Garcion if he's there Britt etc bigger guy. We have holes everywhere to fix. I see a similar FA approach as last year not spending huge on anything unless it's a McCleod type FA Young good and position of Need. Jeffrey fits that bill but will cost too much and comes with some baggage though. 
maybe. to be honest i never really heard much about WR coaches until recently. i don't know if players take to them, say like a QB and QB coach. not sure where else Alshon goes, he comes to Philly he can be an easy top option with a chance to go in the post-season. Looking at the teams in it, there aren't a ton of choices where he can go and boost his stats. i guess it depends on what he wants

maybe. to be honest i never really heard much about WR coaches until recently. i don't know if players take to them, say like a QB and QB coach. not sure where else Alshon goes, he comes to Philly he can be an easy top option with a chance to go in the post-season. Looking at the teams in it, there aren't a ton of choices where he can go and boost his stats. i guess it depends on what he wants
I highly expect someone will overpay for him big time. Some team more desperate then us will overpay big time which is why I sid we don't have the cap space and even then I doubt we have it in his market. 

I highly expect someone will overpay for him big time. Some team more desperate then us will overpay big time which is why I sid we don't have the cap space and even then I doubt we have it in his market. 
yeah, and i am sure i am being totally naive, but you have to think some NFL players are there for the fame and to play. Does he really want to spend the next 4-5 years of his career as a well-paid guy and not really in the spotlight. Maybe he does, but i would think a chance to go to the Eagles as a WR has to be something most salivate, thinking they could be in the conversation as top 10 or top 15 WRs in the league with Wentz and not a ton of competitions for targets

yeah, and i am sure i am being totally naive, but you have to think some NFL players are there for the fame and to play. Does he really want to spend the next 4-5 years of his career as a well-paid guy and not really in the spotlight. Maybe he does, but i would think a chance to go to the Eagles as a WR has to be something most salivate, thinking they could be in the conversation as top 10 or top 15 WRs in the league with Wentz and not a ton of competitions for targets
Having watched the SEC and watching Jeffrey then in college and now with the Bears he seems content just being the #1 guy there. I take a statement from Wrestler and New Japan Star Kenny Omega who's in a stable there called the Bullet Club (If you're familiar with wrestling back in the 90s it's a very similar but better version of the NWO) who basically said some guys are just content being in WWE and others are want to do more then be content and those are the guys who usually end up being the amazing stars. I feel Jeffrey in the NFL is one of those I'm content with the money if I get that big payday and I don't care who it is. Im of the opinion Jeffrey is pretty overrated WR. To me he doesn't bring the impact Cooper and Julio and guys like that do but I also feel he's not using his full potential either. So to me he seems content of getting the big payday. Yeah we wish guys would rather go to teams for winning and on a better team but they aren't. Most guys want to be just paid. 

so Philly doesn't have the cap space to go for a big name wr? any chance they grab one with one of their 1st round pick?

I'm a fan of big wrs and I feel like Philly is a big wr away from being very good on offense. 

or do they go OL early? I may be invested in Wentz next year so I'm curious how the Eagles behave this off-season. 

so Philly doesn't have the cap space to go for a big name wr? any chance they grab one with one of their 1st round pick?

I'm a fan of big wrs and I feel like Philly is a big wr away from being very good on offense. 

or do they go OL early? I may be invested in Wentz next year so I'm curious how the Eagles behave this off-season. 
With Douglas running the draft they will likely go BPA which considering the roster could be any position beside QB. That said their CBs were atrocious and early reports are that there will be CB value mid first round. So if all is equal I'd put even money there then maybe go WR in either rd 2-3. I foresee a Stills or Inman level WR FA signing with a pick added as well.

The Eagles don't have the cap space today for him. Keyword is today. 

Theyre going to go after Jeffery if he's available. It's a virtual guarantee IMO. Howie isn't stupid and will definitely make major upgrades around Wentz. 

A WR group of Jeffery, Williams/Davis and Matthews with Agholor as the 4 would do wonders for Wentz IMO. 

Next 3 picks should be CB, OL and RB. 

I doubt that OL will be drafted in the first.  I think they have found some decent players, though one thing to note is that they may have new center next year in Isaac Seumalo. (I need to learn how to spell that for sure.)

Hard to see them not go for CB in the first, but I don't think that WR is impossible.  

They also need some help on the interior DL, because I doubt they will re-sign Bennie Logan.

If we sign Britt and draft a speedy #2 we should be fine going CB-CB. That should allow Ertz and the RB to get open like this O likes to do.

Nah. The good news is if the draft were held today Wentz would still be there for you all to draft. Still the second QB drafted.
Dude, both QBs are very good for both teams. There are some in here who have called Dak nothing more than a "game manager" and 25 other QBs are better. They have since disappeared, or realized and admitted they were wrong. Others Eagles have said that he's the real deal.  On the other hand Wentz has been very good with what he's had to work with and a Dallas fan shouldn't be taking anything away from him. Wentz is gonna just get better also. Coming in here to troll puts you in the same category as the blind fans in here calling Dak mediocre and lucky. No need for that crap. These two QBs are the cream of the draft crop and gonna be fun to watch grow into a great rivalry.

Dude, both QBs are very good for both teams. There are some in here who have called Dak nothing more than a "game manager" and 25 other QBs are better. They have since disappeared, or realized and admitted they were wrong. Others Eagles have said that he's the real deal.  On the other hand Wentz has been very good with what he's had to work with and a Dallas fan shouldn't be taking anything away from him. Wentz is gonna just get better also. Coming in here to troll puts you in the same category as the blind fans in here calling Dak mediocre and lucky. No need for that crap. These two QBs are the cream of the draft crop and gonna be fun to watch grow into a great rivalry.
A paragraph?

He obviously doesn't realize you're a Cowboy fan. You guys only post when you win so it doesn't give people time to get  acquainted with each other. 
Hey, every team has trolls as fans (you should really know in Philly ;). Every political party has trolls as fans. You just shoo them away or ignore, and have intelligent debates with other rivals who actually have something to contribute. Fortunately Dallas and Philly have some good ones too.

Nah. The good news is if the draft were held today Wentz would still be there for you all to draft. Still the second QB drafted.
I would think someone with Mos Def would have a lot more logic and reason in their thinking 

*Man i hope that is Mos Def in the picture or this posting will not be good

Dr. Brew said:

All depends on FA IMHO. If they take a Pryor I think they go CB in the 1st. I'm more biased of taking a CB in the first few rounds honestly haven't taken one since Lito. I think this years WRs are kind of overrated. Big chance a lot of these guys just flat out bust. I'd prefer going proven WRs in FA Go CB and all in the draft. Then again say they sign a CB like Gilmore or Johnson in FA doesn't mean they wouldn't use their first on a CB though. 

Bigboy10182000 said:
The Eagles don't have the cap space today for him. Keyword is today. 

Theyre going to go after Jeffery if he's available. It's a virtual guarantee IMO. Howie isn't stupid and will definitely make major upgrades around Wentz. 
Would he be willing to pay a guy who just came off a PED suspension though? They still need money for Logan and other guys. Some desperate team is going to over pay IMHO for Jeffreies which is why they won't have the cap space as they have too many holes to fill as is. I fully expect with Grohl on we probably hit hard on Britt now. 

G-King said:
I think the problem is some Dal fans are acting like what Dax did Carson couldn't have done with those guys and IMHO probably would've. It's unfair to say that Wentz for Dax Dal beats GB though because maybe he still throws the pick there or whatever. I think there's two sides to this where Some Eagles won't give Dax his credit and some Dal fans aren't willing to admit Wentz did pretty dam good as a rookie with what he was handed. I highly doubt a lot of other QBs have the same success that he had with the group he was dealt with. 

Would he be willing to pay a guy who just came off a PED suspension though? They still need money for Logan and other guys. Some desperate team is going to over pay IMHO for Jeffreies which is why they won't have the cap space as they have too many holes to fill as is. I fully expect with Grohl on we probably hit hard on Britt now. 
Yes. I'd pay him in a heartbeat. 

I like Bennie Logan but bringing him back for anything resembling decent money would be foolish. He's a one-demensional DT, they're a dime a dozen. 

Our WR's and CB's need major attention. If a 26 year old with Alshon's potential hits FA we would be silly to not be interested. 

Yes. I'd pay him in a heartbeat. 

I like Bennie Logan but bringing him back for anything resembling decent money would be foolish. He's a one-demensional DT, they're a dime a dozen. 

Our WR's and CB's need major attention. If a 26 year old with Alshon's potential hits FA we would be silly to not be interested. 
Interested and actually getting him are two different things though. Like I said I suspect someone to overpay for him which is why i'm DQing us out of the running right now. Even with the cap space we can make I still don't like putting all my eggs in one basket. We aren't one big WR away from a SB as we have multiple holes to still fill. It's like the Phillies spending outrageously this offseason on two of the big names. Ok we got two big names to fit needs but we still have other holes to fill. I still think we're another 2 yrs from being actual SB contenders legit. Like I said before I've watched Jeffrey from college to the NFL. He's got talent but he could be way better then he is but seems more being content. He's also started all 16 games once in his career. The thing that worries me the most about him is he seems to have really declined from the 13-14 Jeffrey who broke onto the scene. Look I'm not saying I would be upset if we got him just more we need to spend what we have cap space avaialbility wisely. It's a poor use of economic resources to spend most of our cap on one player with so many holes to fill. If jeffrey's price drops because of the PED Suspension and the injuries I'd take hinm and knowing Howie he usually hands out contracts we can get out of quickly and doesn't domage the team long term. I'm Also a bit hesitiant  about spending on big name FAsve  beenburned by them more then a few times when we've gone that route. 

Interested and actually getting him are two different things though. Like I said I suspect someone to overpay for him which is why i'm DQing us out of the running right now. Even with the cap space we can make I still don't like putting all my eggs in one basket. We aren't one big WR away from a SB as we have multiple holes to still fill. It's like the Phillies spending outrageously this offseason on two of the big names. Ok we got two big names to fit needs but we still have other holes to fill. I still think we're another 2 yrs from being actual SB contenders legit. Like I said before I've watched Jeffrey from college to the NFL. He's got talent but he could be way better then he is but seems more being content. He's also started all 16 games once in his career. The thing that worries me the most about him is he seems to have really declined from the 13-14 Jeffrey who broke onto the scene. Look I'm not saying I would be upset if we got him just more we need to spend what we have cap space avaialbility wisely. It's a poor use of economic resources to spend most of our cap on one player with so many holes to fill. If jeffrey's price drops because of the PED Suspension and the injuries I'd take hinm and knowing Howie he usually hands out contracts we can get out of quickly and doesn't domage the team long term. I'm Also a bit hesitiant  about spending on big name FAsve  beenburned by them more then a few times when we've gone that route. 
I don't understand the all your eggs in one basket...at WR we don't have eggs or a basket or anyone who can get eggs or make baskets.  We need a WR....a GOOD WR and we need ones immediately.  It won't be "most of our cap either"...

I slightly disagree that we have "so many holes to fill"....we aren't the Browns, 49ers or Bears...they have a lot of needs.  We have 2 major needs in WR and CB and could use help in a couple other areas like RB, RDE and maybe a LBer.  Our major needs really hold us back.  You cant have arguably the worst WR's and CB's in an all passing league.  Signing a Jeffery and even going CB in round 1 (assuming he starts) would be huge for this team, IMO.

When FA rolls around I'm 100% sure we'll have the money for him and that we'll show interest.  No way Howie is letting Wentz have nothing for a second straight year IMO

The title is misleading.  I also listened to it this morning  

“I think it’s good to just go back to the process,” Roseman said. “So it’s the first week of the season and we get this offer and it’s the Patriots and we’re not sitting there thinking, ‘We’re getting one over on Bill Belichick,’ maybe the best evaluator of defensive backs in the history of the NFL.

“What we were thinking about was where he was on our depth chart. At that time the starting three guys were Nolan (Carroll), Leodis (McKelvin), Ron Brooks. Jalen Mills at that point in camp had beat him out, so he was the fourth guy, and then when we spoke with our coaches, they said that Malcolm (Jenkins) would be the next guy in the slot. So for where we were and what his role was at the time, we thought it was pretty good value.

“For them to give up that kind of pick — a fourth that could be a third — we knew they had a role for him. We knew that there was going to be an opportunity, and we’ve got to do what we think is best for us.”

Roseman on Monday morning didn’t exactly admit the Eagles made a mistake by unloading Rowe at a point when the team was desperate for talented young cornerbacks.

But he came close.

Well besides Rowe the Pats start Patrick Chung. They both did a pretty job last night.

The main issue is the turnover we have had at coaching. Each new regime brings in their idea of what players should be. 

Well besides Rowe the Pats start Patrick Chung. They both did a pretty job last night.

The main issue is the turnover we have had at coaching. Each new regime brings in their idea of what players should be. 
The main issue is comparing any other team to what they do in NE, IMO.

jon007 said:

throw Kurt Coleman in that mix too. One might be a coincidence, but looking at these 3, plus seeing how some other former Eagles defenders are doing, it is worth looking into and figuring out how these guys can be successful for other teams and not the Eagles

throw Kurt Coleman in that mix too. One might be a coincidence, but looking at these 3, plus seeing how some other former Eagles defenders are doing, it is worth looking into and figuring out how these guys can be successful for other teams and not the Eagles
I don't really now what there would be to look in to with Coleman or Chung.  Both were brought in and let go by different coaches and our current safeties have been much better than those 2.  Same with Maxwell and Williams....we've let a lot go and none have amounted to much.

Users who are viewing this thread