What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*Official 2017 Super Bowl Champion Philadelphia Eagles* - Parade of Champions Down Broad Street! (2 Viewers)

http://www.csnphilly.com/philadelphia-eagles/report-eagles-interviewing-bills-wrs-coach-sanjay-lal-wednesday

While Lewis, 36, had never been an NFL position coach before the Eagles hired him last offseason, Lal has significant experience.

The 47-year-old just finished his second season as the Bills wide receivers coach and has been a receivers coach in the NFL since 2009. He held the position with the Jets from 2012-14 and with the Raiders from 2009-11. Before that, he was an assistant receivers/quality control coach with the Raiders.

http://www.csnphilly.com/philadelphia-eagles/report-eagles-interviewing-bills-wrs-coach-sanjay-lal-wednesday

While Lewis, 36, had never been an NFL position coach before the Eagles hired him last offseason, Lal has significant experience.

The 47-year-old just finished his second season as the Bills wide receivers coach and has been a receivers coach in the NFL since 2009. He held the position with the Jets from 2012-14 and with the Raiders from 2009-11. Before that, he was an assistant receivers/quality control coach with the Raiders.
Raiders 09-11, Jets 12-14, Bills 14-16.  Seems like this guy has never really coached any great receivers.  He'll fit right in here.

Looking through the list of potential free agents a name that jumped out to me is Eddie Lacy.

Not saying he has to be our lead back but IMO he just fits the scheme. 

I don't see GB resigning him so we could get him at a reasonable salary.

Last edited by a moderator:

why the hell would we want this guy?   this looks like a coach to avoid.

why the hell would we want this guy?   this looks like a coach to avoid.
Whos the alternative?  I'm not being smart, I'm seriously asking who do we get to pick from?

I'm more shocked that Lewis got the job with as little experience as he had.  Doug seemingly went with a veteran, former player type staff but for Lewis to not have any experience and coach our WR's seemed like a very bad move that I didn't even notice last season.

yeah and it would be great to keep the trio of Pederson-Reich-DeFilipo together for Wentz's development.  Didinger mentioned that as a key reason that they didn't want to let him go, which makes sense.  He's gotta get more money and maybe he didn't necessarily want to leave for that Jets job anyway.
Saw it mentioned a few times from insiders that 50% of the time a team denies permission, they are doing the coach a solid so he doesn't have to reject the team that's interested.

"I would LOVE to join the ####-show of an offense and QB situation you got going on here, but my dad won't let me."

Bigboy10182000 said:
#Eagles have interest in interviewing #Rams passing game coordinator/WRs coach Mike Groh for their WRs job opening, sources said.
Gross, why? He sucked all the way back to UVA. 

TO always had a great work ethic.

Now that he is not a player I wonder if he would be interested in coaching?

If anything there should be more ex-players that could fill the role better than what we had. 

TO always had a great work ethic.

Now that he is not a player I wonder if he would be interested in coaching?

If anything there should be more ex-players that could fill the role better than what we had. 
He was on 94.1 on Wednesday and said he had no interest in coaching. He said if anything maybe a player-coach but not a normal coach. He has a clothing line that just launched called prototype81, I believe. 

The WR coach search and hire isn't going to be this groundbreaking thing IMO. Hell, i can't name a single WR coach in the league right now. Groh has experience, seemed to have got something out of Britt and Austin so I'd be OK with him. 

He was on 94.1 on Wednesday and said he had no interest in coaching. He said if anything maybe a player-coach but not a normal coach. He has a clothing line that just launched called prototype81, I believe. 

The WR coach search and hire isn't going to be this groundbreaking thing IMO. Hell, i can't name a single WR coach in the league right now. Groh has experience, seemed to have got something out of Britt and Austin so I'd be OK with him. 
Yeah TO's people skills leave a lot to be desired, good call by him. 

I had plans for SD having friends there. They described it as Philly Southern Cal. One guy I was at the bar with about 2 or so yrs ago who had recently went to SD. Said he met a group of people at an area city bar in SD who were from our township there. Was very surprised how local (Philly wise) SD was. 
yeah i got buddies who moved to SD. Really is weird, i was there for a week or so and there were more people from Philly then probably originally from California

yeah i got buddies who moved to SD. Really is weird, i was there for a week or so and there were more people from Philly then probably originally from California
Tampa/Clearwater is the same thing. My cousin is in a Sports Management Grad program at USF ran by a guy who use to be in PR and Marketing in the NBA. Guys get jobs right out of school. Either way that whole area is Philly translate because of the Phillies in Clearwater but also NY for the Yankees. 

So a couple take aways from that game. 

A) Awesome another Dallas playoff loss.

B) ####. Dak is going to be good for awhile. NFC East is going to be very competitive for years. 

B) ####. Dak is going to be good for awhile. NFC East is going to be very competitive for years. 
yeah, i'm hoping the Eagles keep getting better and no big steps backward. i'm ok with the competition if our team is good. 

This gem lol

Exciting regular season, extremely high playoff expectations, and a quick exit. It's almost like Tony Romo never left.

Said on the radio today that Sean McDermott's staff in Buffalo will have Juan Castillo as OL coach, Leslie Frazier as DC, and likely Brad Childress as OC.  Really getting the whole band back together.

Who do you guys think has a better chance to knock off NE of these two?

Would like to see Andy win but man I hate the Patriots and I think PIT would have a better shot. 

I have a lot of respect for Andy Reid, but tonight's loss drops him to 1-6 in the playoffs since losing DC Jim Johnson.  That's 1 playoff win in 8 seasons.

I have a lot of respect for Andy Reid, but tonight's loss drops him to 1-6 in the playoffs since losing DC Jim Johnson.  That's 1 playoff win in 8 seasons.
game was winnable to. I haven't followed the Cheifs regularly enough to know who that loss falls on, but you can't prevent a TD and play an average defense at home and not win that game

Here's what I posted in the 2016 thread, the day after the Seahawks loss:

At this point, here's what I have left to root for (outside of progress/development of Wentz, etc.) this season, with little confidence we can both take care of business and get some help to make the playoffs, the next 6 games:

Dallas wins the next 5, rests starters week 17, goes into playoffs with #1 seed, and gets blown-out in an upset or loses a gut-punch game in the divisional round.

The Vikings keep falling apart and finish with a worse record than us, giving us a higher draft pick than the one Cleveland received. 
Got about 95% of what I wanted, so I'll consider that a successful last two months! 

I wanted to search the 2016 thread but it acts strange...for some reason it yields no results when I search my user name in a thread.  What am I doing wrong?

Here's what I posted in the 2016 thread, the day after the Seahawks loss:

Got about 95% of what I wanted, so I'll consider that a successful last two months! 
haha well they didn't win their last 5 as NYG beat them, and calling either a blowout OR a close loss covers them losing in almost every way.  And Minny did better than us.  I'll give you a B+  :P

I would hope Dax would look good against that GB secondary who was one of the worst this year plus loosing a starting Safety. I'd say if Dax didn't do well against those guys he shouldn't be playing in the NFL. Not taking anything away from the kid but there's people out there acting like he completely outplayed Rodgers which isn't all that true. 

Users who are viewing this thread