What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official 2017 SF 49ers thread *** see original post or latest post for link to new 2018 thread (2 Viewers)

I wouldn't hate the move as a temporary fix...they could then wait to get a CB in next year's draft and focus on O-line, pass rush, and other needs this draft.

I think Talib would give us solid production for a year or two, and he does have post season and Super Bowl experience. 

I wouldn't hate the move as a temporary fix...they could then wait to get a CB in next year's draft and focus on O-line, pass rush, and other needs this draft.

I think Talib would give us solid production for a year or two, and he does have post season and Super Bowl experience. 
That would give them a really solid secondary going into 2018. An edge rusher away from a good defense.  

Brick by brick 

Last edited by a moderator:
Ian Rapoport expects Jimmy G to sign a deal "within a couple days" barring any snag

The San Francisco 49ers might very well be closing in on a contract extension with quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo. Over the weekend, NFL Network reporter Ian Rapoport was hearing the two sides had significant momentum going.

On Monday, he took it a step further, telling KNBR’s Murph & Mac that he thought a deal could be expected “in a couple days,” barring any unforeseen negotiating snag.

“Yea, I think it’s getting pretty close to getting done. You know, barring some sort of negotiating snag, I would expect this in a couple days, pretty close. I don’t think they’re at a point where they’ve reached an agreement, but it sounds like it’s getting there. A multi-year deal, lucrative, big money, top quarterback money. I’m not sure it’s gonna be Derek Carr, but I would imagine it’s gonna be right around there.

”From what it sounds like, too — negotiations are hard — this does not seem like it was a hard one. And I think part of that is because everybody wants the same thing in this case.”

Rapoport had said over the weekend that a deal “could get done in the near future.” Moving that up to “in a couple days” is certainly a bold statement.

:pickle:

Would be good to get a deal early so that they know how much they can allocate to other free agents.  I think “Carr money” is pretty reasonable too considering what Cousins might get. 

Really looking forward to 2018. Haven’t been able to say that for a while. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread