What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NYJs: who plays at WR this week? (1 Viewer)

thriftyrocker

Footballguy
Does anyone know who gets the targets this week for the Jets, other than Keller?

Cotchery - might be out, might be limited

Edwards - not ready yet

Stuckey - he gone

Other guys

David Clowney - doghouse

Brad Smith

Wallace Wright

Are any of these 3 decent sleepers this week? Any chance Brad Smith gets more looks than usual - he is getting used a little each week? Will Clowney play at all?

why isn't edwards ready yet? its not like he's been out of football.. ok maybe i take that back since he was playing for the browns lol

Yeah, Edwards will play. How much is the real question. Cotchery is Questionable, but I'm sure will play. Who knows if Clowney is out of the tweeting doghouse or not and the rest are a waste...

Yeah, Edwards will play. How much is the real question. Cotchery is Questionable, but I'm sure will play. Who knows if Clowney is out of the tweeting doghouse or not and the rest are a waste...
I don't see why Edwards couldnt play most of the game if he was needed. He would be the best "talent" at the position in terms of physical abilities. They have an extra day to get him more familiar with the playbook and most importantly, as WR they can focus on the plays where he is really involved, and for the others, just tell him "fly patter" or "post" or "decoy" or "block" - it is not as intricate as a lineman or even RB as far as plays.

On a hunch.... I'm starting Clowney. Rex made nice after the Twitter incident. Cocthery is listed as Q. Edwards may start, but my hunch is Clowney gets some reps and scores on a long one.

While Clowney got into some trouble with the fat guy, the fat guy likes him. I think it's now or never for the "Clown" as Ryan affectionatley calls him. He is still easilly the fastest guy on the Jets' roster, Edwards included. Rollin the dice....

Quoting Steelwind's thread on Cotchery

"Jets coach Rex Ryan said Friday that Jerricho Cotchery (hamstring) is in real danger of missing Monday night's game against Miami.

All the more reason to use Braylon Edwards in his Jets debut. Cotchery sat out practice Friday after straining his hamstring in Thursday's workout. While he has an extra day to heal for Monday Night Football, these late-week injuries are always a bad sign. Should Cotchery sit against the Fins, Edwards and Dustin Keller would see more targets and Brad Smith would start."

i own both cotch and braylon. basically i'll set up the rest of my lineup before monday night and leave one receiver spot open.

if cotch is active, i'll start him. if not, i'll start braylon.

will be interesting for sure to see the chemistry if any b/t braylon and sanchez.

thriftyrocker said:
Does anyone know who gets the targets this week for the Jets, other than Keller?Cotchery - might be out, might be limitedEdwards - not ready yetStuckey - he goneOther guysDavid Clowney - doghouseBrad SmithWallace WrightAre any of these 3 decent sleepers this week? Any chance Brad Smith gets more looks than usual - he is getting used a little each week? Will Clowney play at all?
Maybe Keller actually gets involved this week..

thriftyrocker said:
Does anyone know who gets the targets this week for the Jets, other than Keller?Cotchery - might be out, might be limitedEdwards - not ready yetStuckey - he goneOther guysDavid Clowney - doghouseBrad SmithWallace WrightAre any of these 3 decent sleepers this week? Any chance Brad Smith gets more looks than usual - he is getting used a little each week? Will Clowney play at all?
Maybe Keller actually gets involved this week..
I think Keller is in line for a big week. Tight ends have been doing well against Miami, averaging 4-80-0.5 (5th most points allowed per game in standard FBG scoring). Although... keep in mind that more than half of the total yards and one of the two TDs came in one game against Dallas Clark, so perhaps the numbers are misleading. Braylon Edwards may be more useful as a threat than an actual target for the first week or two, and I think Keller benefits the most. The Dolphins weakness against the pass may be greater than their statistical strength against the run. Either way, the combination favors receiving targets, and with Edwards new and Cotchery injured, Keller is best situated to be productive.

I'm stuck right now bc i have 5 of my players on a bye. If Cotchery can't go im screwed bc i can't afford to drop anyone. Looks like i'll be playing a man down.

I can't help but to think if both Edwards and Clowney were both sent on sideline fly patterns... one of them would be in single coverage... and open. The safety would have to pick one side or the other. Too simplistic?

:own3d:

I'm waiting on the Saturday practice report. If Cotchery doesn't practice today, you've got to look at other options.

The Jet Stream

by Rich Cimini

October 10, 2009 1:42 PM No Comments

Cotchery sits again »

By Rich Cimini

WR Jerricho Cotchery (hamstring) missed practice for the second straight game and was listed today as questionable for Monday night's game in Miami.

There was no media access to practice today and no opportunity to speak with Rex Ryan. This information comes from the Jets.

If Cotchery can't play, and his status is very iffy, Brad Smith probably would start opposite newly-acquired Braylon Edwards. David Clowney and Wallace Wright would be available off the bench in what would be a patchwork receiving corps, to say the least.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jets/2009...l#ixzz0TYbwKA5J
http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jets/2009...sits-again.html

If Edwards isnt ready to contribute, it could be a long night for the J-E-T-S. Especially on the road.

Whats the O/U in this one - cant see too much scoring.

What the H?#$, If Cotchery is even limited I think I'm just going to roll with Edwards! Saw this quote in the FBG players in the news section:

*** Friday Update *** WR Braylon Edwards (NYJ) could be leaned on Monday night as Jerricho Cotchery is battling a hamstring injury. Cotchery was limited Thursday and did not practice Friday. Edwards is further along in his understanding of the system than some thought he would be. "It's amazing," offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer said. "Even in the walkthrough, we were walking through some things with Braylon and Mark [sanchez], and little code words and tags like, 'Hey, do you want me to poster this?' It's like, 'Wow, he knows that.' Really sharp guy and again he's ahead just because a lot of the stuff that we call things, he's heard it called the same things before. Not 100 percent, but there's quite a bit of carry over."
Gives me just enough information to be dangerous!

If Edwards isnt ready to contribute, it could be a long night for the J-E-T-S. Especially on the road.Whats the O/U in this one - cant see too much scoring.
I'm not convinced that the Cotchery issue isn't just a Rex Ryan smokescreen.I wouldn't be surprised if Cotchery plays.

I'm not convinced that the Cotchery issue isn't just a Rex Ryan smokescreen.I wouldn't be surprised if Cotchery plays.
Cotchery reportedly missed Saturday practice too, so I'm not so sure it's a smokescreen.I have really been trying not to put Braylon in my lineup, but Cotchery's possible absence is making it more difficult to not roll the dice.

thriftyrocker said:
I think Keller could be a decent play this week.

jets sites reporting cotchery will likely play this week. Edwards will also start.

That being said, both will likely be at least somewhat limited, so i may roll with both Leon and Keller in my PPR league.

Users who are viewing this thread