What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Nathan Peterman: It's 2018 & he's their starter. Deja Vu! (2 Viewers)

One of Peterman’s strengths is his play under pressure.  Should be interesting to see how this shakes out.
Yep. McCoy could have a huge game if Nathan is smart. I do expect KB to have his best game in years, yardage-wise (I wouldn't bet on 2 touchdowns but who knows?)

I'm guessing he is making the smart move of getting Peterman in there to see what he has before the 2018 draft.

I'm guessing he is making the smart move of getting Peterman in there to see what he has before the 2018 draft.
It is obvious they don`t think Tierod is the long term answer to take the team to the next level.

anyone in desperation mode and starting him? I drafted Winston and Palmer and then picked up T. Taylor. I'm afraid to play him cause I might Jinx him.

I have to assume that most people posting here didn't watch the Bills/Saints game.  It was shocking the difference in the offense when Peterman came in.  The ball was coming out very quickly - it's not an exaggeration to say he looked like Tom Brady back there.  I really can't remember the last time I watched a Bills game and saw that kind of passing.  Yes, I know, garbage time, prevent defense, etc. 

Yes, I know, he only looked like Tom Brady for 5 minutes.  I'm a Bills fan and I've seen a lot of games in garbage time against prevent defenses with guys coming off the bench and none of them looked like Peterman did Sunday.  I obviously don't expect him to light it up like that for 60 minutes, but if he manages to avoid turnovers, he should be a solid QB2.

I'm also not a Tyrod hater.  If the Bills decided to stick with Taylor I would have been fine with that.  Now that they've decided to switch, I'm fine with that too.  It was a close call in my opinion.
:D TOM BRADY, ladies and gentlemen.

One of the worst decisions I’ve ever seen in football. Unprecedented for a team in the lead for a playoff spot. I am completely baffled. If it was another journeyman like Fitzpatrick or McCown over Tyrod that’s one thing a 5th round rookie QB that had middling success in college on the road... oof.

I like the kid's potential (drafted him back in June, 6th round, but I do expect a few INTs over the next couple games. 
:popcorn:

We don't know. But his 2nd game will be against one of the best teams. That's going to be tough. At least he gets the chargers first, it's not like they're a tough team against the pass or have two of the best pass rushers in the league.

Oh, wait...  :tfp:

I actually think he can be decent but this is going to be a tough set of games.
I'm going to fall back on the "rookie QB playing a tough defense" excuse but this was abysmal.

This will get the coaching staff axed.  How are you sniffing the playoffs for the first time in 17 years or whatever it is and make this change? I get it in the long-term strategy but when did teams stop trying to win the current games? This isn't a fantasy dynasty league. 

This will get the coaching staff axed.  How are you sniffing the playoffs for the first time in 17 years or whatever it is and make this change? I get it in the long-term strategy but when did teams stop trying to win the current games? This isn't a fantasy dynasty league. 
It's shocking to me. How could the owners trust his talent evaluation after this? One of the worst decisions I've ever seen a coach make. 

Yep

I don't remember a time when a team was in the playoff hunt past mid season and the team switched to an unproven or rookie QB without the starter bring injured. 

Worst coaching decision all year. Not sure how he can look his players in the eyes the rest of the season and he owes this young qb an apology for throwing him out there. 

It's easy to question the decision, but there was some bad luck for the rookie in that game. The first three picks were all pretty clearly not on him, and it seemed like his WR stopped his route on the fifth. Brutal start to his NFL career, but I'd be hesitant to take too much from this game

It's easy to question the decision, but there was some bad luck for the rookie in that game. The first three picks were all pretty clearly not on him, and it seemed like his WR stopped his route on the fifth. Brutal start to his NFL career, but I'd be hesitant to take too much from this game
Pretty clearly we weren't seeing the same throws.  The first one wasn't really on him, though he threw a 5 yard rocket to a fullback so I'm not absolving him entirely of fault. From there on out though, he was brutal.  The next two were heaves that he should've never let go of.  No idea how you can say those picks weren't on him.  He was brutal.

Last edited by a moderator:
The first one was not his fault.  The next two absolutely were.  Getting pressured in the pocket is not a justification for throwing ducks down the middle of the field.

Pretty clearly we weren't seeing the same throws.  The first one wasn't really on him, though he threw a 5 yard rocket to a fullback so I'm not absolving him entirely of fault. From there on out though, he was brutal.  The next two were heaves that he should've never let go of.  No idea how you can say those picks weren't on him.  He was brutal.
ON the next two he got hit from behind as he was delivering the ball. It doesn't take a giant whack to throw off a pass when you're hit from behind in the middle of your delivery. On neither of those had he held the ball too long either.

I'm hardly arguing he played well....he clearly didn't....but that was some brutal bad luck to begin his first start. Sometimes we're too quick to declare a player good or bad.

All that said...it was still A SHOCKING decision to start him to begin with. Tyrod deserved better.

All that said...it was still A SHOCKING decision to start him to begin with. Tyrod deserved better.
What was interesting was how different Tyrod played once he came in... He passed up a lot of drop offs that he'd normally take and fired it to the WRs. Could be a wake up call, I suppose.

The first one was not his fault.  The next two absolutely were.  Getting pressured in the pocket is not a justification for throwing ducks down the middle of the field.
Agreed to some extent. He shouldn't have thrown those passes when he knew he couldn't step into them, but hopefully he learns that. He's probably used to being able to do that at the lower levels.

If you are Tyrod, how don't you want outta Buffalo. You got no credit a few games ago, all of the blame when the team did bad, you get benched for a guy who throws 5 picks then put in down 30 points. Gonna be a strange week for the Bills

It was a nonsensical decision when they were sitting in the last playoff spot, with an at least potentially winnable game. McDermott is going to get murdered in the Buffalo media (I think rightfully so). Can't wait to hear Bucky Gleason (Buffalo News sportswriter) rant.

Really feel bad for Bills fans. Sheesh McDermott, give your team a chance before you kick Tyrod to the curb. Such a bad decision.

And that's nothing against Peterman. He shouldn't have been put in that position until there was a good reason for it (eg out of playoff race, see what you got). Indefensible.

And I like McDermott and think the Bills might finally be on the right track.

Tyrod cannot win with that defense.....period. 

He doesn't take enough chances or put the ball down the field enough to score more points than that D is going to give up. 

Lets assume those statements are 100% right. What should the coach do?

Put in an unproven rookie and cross your fingers....at least you have a chance. 

I still think it was the right call, 8-8 with Tyrod at the helm does nothing for that organization. 

And no way with that D you were going 4-3 the rest of the way, with 2 against the Pats and 1 in Arrowhead. 

I especially like how the alleged reason for benching Tyrod is because he doesn't throw deep enough. So they bring in a guy who throws deep but gets intercepted every time. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
The Bills have announced that Peterman will start tomorrow. Does that make the Colts D/ST a worthwhile streaming option?

Users who are viewing this thread