What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Khiry Robinson (4 Viewers)

Agreed. I owned Khiry last year and you couldn't start him even towards the end of the year at the flex position because you never knew who was getting the ball. The situation is a little better for Khiry this year but not much especially when you consider NO new toy Cooks is in the mix now.

Agreed. I owned Khiry last year and you couldn't start him even towards the end of the year at the flex position because you never knew who was getting the ball. The situation is a little better for Khiry this year but not much especially when you consider NO new toy Cooks is in the mix now.
Cooks shouldn't factor into Khiry one way or another. Also Robinson's rookie season sitting behind Sproles (high priced FA), Ingram (1st rd pick), & Thomas (reliable vet), should not have any bearing on his position this year.

Thomas was rosterable as a flex last year. He was used a lot because they had to. Now they have a younger, faster version and NO, believe it or not, does like to run a little and not have Drew throw it 700 times. Looking at the roster you have Ingram and Robinson as the most gifted runners. Ingram is predictable. With Khiry you have to at least prepare for either pass or run.

Not saying its ideal but I'd take Robinson over the other 2.

Cooks shouldn't factor into Khiry one way or another. Also Robinson's rookie season sitting behind Sproles (high priced FA), Ingram (1st rd pick), & Thomas (reliable vet), should not have any bearing on his position this year.

Thomas was rosterable as a flex last year. He was used a lot because they had to. Now they have a younger, faster version and NO, believe it or not, does like to run a little and not have Drew throw it 700 times. Looking at the roster you have Ingram and Robinson as the most gifted runners. Ingram is predictable. With Khiry you have to at least prepare for either pass or run.

Because he has 1 career reception?

I went back and watched each of Robinson's 2013 carries and came away impressed. He runs with determination and surprising power and burst. From all reports I have seen, Robinson is also a capable outlet receiver. He also displayed good ball security and situational awareness.

I will reiterate the general sentiment advanced here, however: the primary thing holding back Khiry Robinson is the three-headed running attack New Orleans is likely to continue to deploy. As impressive as Robinson was in his limited carries, so too was Mark Ingram, and presently Ingram sits atop the early depth chart. Last season's team rushing leader, the reliable and multi-faceted Pierre Thomas, also remains. Barring an injury to either Ingram or Thomas, it is unlikely Robinson will be a reliable fantasy option for 2014.

Cooks shouldn't factor into Khiry one way or another. Also Robinson's rookie season sitting behind Sproles (high priced FA), Ingram (1st rd pick), & Thomas (reliable vet), should not have any bearing on his position this year.Thomas was rosterable as a flex last year. He was used a lot because they had to. Now they have a younger, faster version and NO, believe it or not, does like to run a little and not have Drew throw it 700 times. Looking at the roster you have Ingram and Robinson as the most gifted runners. Ingram is predictable. With Khiry you have to at least prepare for either pass or run.

So because he only had 54 carries in his career I guess he's not much of a runner either. :shrug:

An odd thing to say when he had 38 catches for 430 yards in 2012 in college.

Cooks shouldn't factor into Khiry one way or another. Also Robinson's rookie season sitting behind Sproles (high priced FA), Ingram (1st rd pick), & Thomas (reliable vet), should not have any bearing on his position this year.Thomas was rosterable as a flex last year. He was used a lot because they had to. Now they have a younger, faster version and NO, believe it or not, does like to run a little and not have Drew throw it 700 times. Looking at the roster you have Ingram and Robinson as the most gifted runners. Ingram is predictable. With Khiry you have to at least prepare for either pass or run.

So because he only had 54 carries in his career I guess he's not much of a runner either. :shrug:

I think his point is that he has 54 carries vs. 1 reception, so teams aren't exactly unsure how to defend him when he's in the game. I don't think they are factoring in his college receptions much when they game plan either.

Their predictability is more about play calling than it is about ability- Ingram was pretty good catching the ball in college as well, he's certainly serviceable. Obviously Thomas and maybe Robinson are better, but they'd still be better served to mix it up more than they do.

So because he only had 54 carries in his career I guess he's not much of a runner either. :shrug: An odd thing to say when he had 38 catches for 430 yards in 2012 in college.
I think his point is that he has 54 carries vs. 1 reception, so teams aren't exactly unsure how to defend him when he's in the game. I don't think they are factoring in his college receptions much when they game plan either. Their predictability is more about play calling than it is about ability- Ingram was pretty good catching the ball in college as well, he's certainly serviceable. Obviously Thomas and maybe Robinson are better, but they'd still be better served to mix it up more than they do.
Except the book on Ingram in the NFL is mostly written. 24 catches in 3 years for 143 yards. When he's in there, its most likely a run. While he had moderate receiving skills in college (60 for 670 over 3 years), in the NFL he's shown nothing.

At least Robinson is an unknown because he hasn't played enough.

Khiry put up 38 receptions and an 11+ YPR in his senior season in college, those are both really high numbers for a college player, albeit from a lower level of football. Still, I think there's plenty of optimism for his upside in the passing game. I don't play in full 1point PPR leagues so I can't specify to that, but in .5PPR or 0PPR leagues Pierre Thomas is near valueless imo. At best he'll have a few random good games but he has next to no chance of being a consistent fantasy producer week to week like Ingram and Khiry have the potential to; I think you're much better off taking a chance on Ingram or Khiry and worrying about your bye week filler (i.e. a Pierre Thomas) when the time comes.
I realize this is reaching back a bit, but several have referenced Robinson's receiving chops in college to show he's a better fit for a pass-catching role.

Ingram had 32 receptions in the SEC as a sophomore at 10.4 yards per... considering the competition difference, point to Ingram.

As a Junior he dropped to 21 receptions (some guy named Richardson took another 23) but averaged an impressive 13.4 per reception... in the SEC.

Last year Ingram only had 11 targets for the Saints, but put up 7 receptions at 9.7 per, which is nothing to sneeze at (SSS caveats obviously apply).

My point is simply this: Don't dismiss Ingram due to lack of prior opportunity when increased touches for the backfield appear to finally be coming his way. Mike Clay has written extensively about the gross predictability of play-calling by the Saints when Ingram's been in the game. He showed last year and in the SEC that he's certainly more capable of being a pass catcher than the Saints have leveraged to this point.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aside from Jonathan Goodwin (center), and real changes to this O line?
Both Guards are currently sitting out with minor injuries. LT Armstead looks to be substantially stronger and better in his second year, and RT Strief is having a good camp.

Goodwin is in a battle for the starting center position with Tim Lelito who is drawing rave reviews so far in camp. Looks like Lelito's job right now.

On the whole, it seems like the line should be better than last year assuming it can get and stay healthy.

So because he only had 54 carries in his career I guess he's not much of a runner either. :shrug: An odd thing to say when he had 38 catches for 430 yards in 2012 in college.
I think his point is that he has 54 carries vs. 1 reception, so teams aren't exactly unsure how to defend him when he's in the game. I don't think they are factoring in his college receptions much when they game plan either. Their predictability is more about play calling than it is about ability- Ingram was pretty good catching the ball in college as well, he's certainly serviceable. Obviously Thomas and maybe Robinson are better, but they'd still be better served to mix it up more than they do.
Except the book on Ingram in the NFL is mostly written. 24 catches in 3 years for 143 yards. When he's in there, its most likely a run. While he had moderate receiving skills in college (60 for 670 over 3 years), in the NFL he's shown nothing.

At least Robinson is an unknown because he hasn't played enough.
I'd change that to say the book on Ingram in NO is mostly written, and that's due to their predictable play calling. He can certainly catch the ball.

The point is the play calling has been equally predictable so far for Robinson. Sure, that could change, but teams aren't having to prepare for Robinson to catch the ball any more so than Ingram, which is what you said. Robinson had zero targets in the regular season, 1 in the postseason.

Ingram had good moments last year. I still think he's good enough for someone to hitch their wagon to. The Saints are just the Drew Brees show and will continue to be. People can say that collectively they were such and such a back but it's been that way the entire time Payton has been there. Khiry Robinson changes that? I don't think so. He may very well find a significant role in the rotation but that leaves him just as well off as Pierre Thomas, Mark Ingram, Reggie Bush, Darren Sproles and Chris Ivory. How many times have you had to dread starting a NO RB? I'm not doing it anymore unless one is on waivers and I'm desperate.

What's really odd is that Mark Ingram had over 50 catches for more than 600 yards in his final 2 season @ Bama and 11 catches as a rookie in the NFL but you think he is predictable.

Aside from Jonathan Goodwin (center), and real changes to this O line?
Both Guards are currently sitting out with minor injuries. LT Armstead looks to be substantially stronger and better in his second year, and RT Strief is having a good camp.

Goodwin is in a battle for the starting center position with Tim Lelito who is drawing rave reviews so far in camp. Looks like Lelito's job right now.

On the whole, it seems like the line should be better than last year assuming it can get and stay healthy.
Sounds promising. That, along with Sproles leaving (3,000 yards from scrimmage over last 3 years), and Jed Collins leaving (7 total TDs) with Greg Jones coming in - might be some value here as a whole. If they do go 3 headed RB, I'm not sure any will be worthwhile.

Ingram had good moments last year. I still think he's good enough for someone to hitch their wagon to. The Saints are just the Drew Brees show and will continue to be. People can say that collectively they were such and such a back but it's been that way the entire time Payton has been there. Khiry Robinson changes that? I don't think so. He may very well find a significant role in the rotation but that leaves him just as well off as Pierre Thomas, Mark Ingram, Reggie Bush, Darren Sproles and Chris Ivory. How many times have you had to dread starting a NO RB? I'm not doing it anymore unless one is on waivers and I'm desperate.
Barring injury, Khiry isn't going to be that valuable this year. He's going to split carries with Ingram while PT takes over Sproles' role.

The way I view Khiry is the way I viewed PT as a rookie - a guy with receiving ability who has a chance to be the team's primary RB. PT's injuries cost him that and they tried to find his replacement in Ingram, which hasn't worked out.

In 2008 after Deuce was injured, PT was the #2 RB in PPR in weeks 11-16. In 2009, PT was the #8 RB when he was healthy weeks 3-16. The first 3 weeks of 2010 he was the #10 RB before getting hurt. In 2011, they drafted Ingram. So from week 11 of 2008 to week 3 of 2010 PT was a RB1 in PPR.

This year Khiry is building the case that he should be the team's lead back in 2015. How he does will affect what type of competition the team brings in next year after Ingram leaves.

As an Ingram and Robinson owner (thankfully I don't own the trifecta in PT) is it wrong to wait on a key injury to give some Saints RB, an Saints RB some value? I feel like a vulture, yeeesh!

He's in a similar situation to last year though. Ingram looked good too. It will be tough to start him. This is a RBBC.

Looks like a hold if you have the bench. Otherwise he's a guy to monitor throughout the year. Try to snag off the ww later.

Ingram & Khiry both looked great in this game. I was most shocked to see Cadet getting a lot of work with the "first team" (No Brees of course, and no Pierre Thomas) while Ingram and Khiry were both in and out. I'd guess Cadet is more like Pierre's backup, but with Sean Payton's love of personnel switches, I wouldn't be surprised if Cadet slides into the Sproles role and has some value as well.

Pierre in for a big year if that's the case. Could catch more balls than last year! 110 carries for 420 yards 3 TD'S plus 75 catches for 800 yards and another 5-6 TD'S doesn't seem unreasonable. 250+ points in ppr.

Yeah There's a reason Ingram is getting the carries. He's the more talented rb. Khiry is only worth a roster spot if you own Ingram.

Ingram has looked like the better player this preseason. Going into the season, I definitely had it the other way around. I'm personally upgrading Pierre more than Ingram, because I though Khiry had the versatility to phase him out, but Khiry just hasn't looked as impressive this year.

What is his outlook now with Ingram out a month? RB2? RB3? How many touches are we projecting? Will he get goal line carries?

(RotoWire)With ESPN.com reporting that Mark Ingram is expected to miss about a month with a hand injury suffered in Sunday's game against the Browns, Robinson is expected to be the most likely beneficiary while Ingram is sidelined.

Analysis: Ingram has started the year red hot, emphatically laying claim to the majority of the Saints' rushing workload, with Robinson seemingly relegated to a backup role. With Ingram's injury, however, Robinson should see the majority of the carries out of the Saints' backfield. Pierre Thomas will almost certainly tote the ball some as well, but Thomas is still likely to serve as more of a receiving option, while Robinson, a talented runner who impressed when pressed into action in last year's playoffs, should receive a significantly increased workload.

Ingram and Robinson have combined for 19 rushing attempts per game (19/101/2) so even if PT takes some of those he should be good for 15 carries and a couple catches.

Got this from Rotoworld Forums

From Sirius XM Fantasy Sports John Hansen:

"Khiry Robinson is the guy to get obviously. I think that Pierre Thomas is not someone they are looking to run that often inside. He's more of a specialty type player, receiver, we know he's great on those screen passes and the like. So Khiry Robinson, this is his time to shine and I think he's a good player. I think he's ready to kind of assume this role, quite frankly...he's got more upside as a receiver as well than Ingram who ironically did have 4 targets and 3 grabs in this game. It was an odd game. They were basically daring them to run the football. They did. They ran for 174 yards. Maybe that continues and Khiry Robinson benefits."

Rotoworld:

Khiry Robinson - RB - Saints

Khiry Robinson's role is set to expand with Mark Ingram (hand) out at least a month.

Robinson is a former UDFA out of West Texas A&M that has a lot of Chris Ivory in his game. PFF credited him with 15 missed tackles forced on 75 rushes last season (including playoffs) and he graded out higher than the likes of Reggie Bush and Matt Forte in Elusive Ratings. Unlike Ivory, Robinson is also a plus in the pass game. Now looking at the goal-line work and a share of the base snaps with Pierre Thomas, Khiry is worth adding in all formats.

Source: ESPN.com

Sep 16 - 9:26 AM

"Khiry Robinson is the guy to get obviously. I think that Pierre Thomas is not someone they are looking to run that often inside. He's more of a specialty type player, receiver, we know he's great on those screen passes and the like. So Khiry Robinson, this is his time to shine and I think he's a good player. I think he's ready to kind of assume this role, quite frankly...he's got more upside as a receiver as well than Ingram who ironically did have 4 targets and 3 grabs in this game. It was an odd game. They were basically daring them to run the football. They did. They ran for 174 yards. Maybe that continues and Khiry Robinson benefits."
I just dont agree with that at all. PT knows the offense, has Brees trust, runs hard and has shown he can produce. For the long term yes Robinson would be the one I want, for the next 4 weeks I bet PT way outproduces him.

I just dont agree with that at all. PT knows the offense, has Brees trust, runs hard and has shown he can produce. For the long term yes Robinson would be the one I want, for the next 4 weeks I bet PT way outproduces him.
Robinson was getting more carries than PT before Ingram was hurt, why do you think he'll get more carries now?

I agree that PT has a good chance of producing more in PPR, but Robinson will get the goal line carries to even it out.

My guess is a 60/40 split (Robinson/PT) in carries. Based on the number of Saints carries so far, that would be 15 for Robinson and 10 for PT.

Subscribers have you seen Bloom's ranking for Khiry this week? Goodness. Having me rethink this.
That is quite a high rush TD% for someone that only has 2 career rushing TDs. A merely moderate TD forcast brings him back down into about where I'd expect him.

Users who are viewing this thread